PF-1e Wrath of the Righteous: Paths of Ascent - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 26th, 2022, 08:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14487
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
potential interest, I mean who wouldnt
Old Apr 26th, 2022, 09:04 AM
Psalm 144

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4816
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook View Post
@Kenjitsu - kineticist items might be found or purchased.

I added to the section on object-bonds as a catch-all.
Thank you for the clarification and modification.

And just to clarify the last sentence of your modification, for a kineticist to use their Reduce Burn in exchange for taking longer to cast the kinetic blastgather power class ability they need both their hands free. Would the in-hand implement count as being hands free for not only the kinetic blast but also the associated gather power?

Regarding caps on how much level boosting things can stack, I have no problem with that. If I am selected to play, I will work with you to manage those expectations.

Old Apr 26th, 2022, 09:44 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
grumblyarcher grumblyarcher
Just so we're clear, Psionics is on the table? How about DSP's Malefex class? It uses a lot of Path of War's rules but I don't think it technically qualifies as a Path of War class.
Old Apr 26th, 2022, 09:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5202
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
@Kenjitsu - fine for use with Gather Power. The text is meant to impede dual wielding, sword and board, or similar multihanded strategies, not to impede the core class ability.

@grumblyarcher - yes psionics is on the table. 3PP - no, I'm not going for anything in this directory: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/ . For psionics I'm sticking to "core" and by that I mean what is under this directory: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative...ics-unleashed/ ; likewise for Path of War what's under this directory: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative...s/path-of-war/

I have to draw the line at some point, and given my time spent playing and reading, this is it for now.
Old Apr 26th, 2022, 10:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
@MundayKnight - hey there. So, I can promise is that if the characters are over the top, the monsters will be more so. :-)

With these materials one can get to things like unlimited rage / no fatigue, or unlimited out-of-combat healing, or other sorts of things - sooner than typical. So a bit of power-gaming is expected.

For monsters, mythic doesn't mean large numbers, it means whatever kind of mean I need it to mean to pose an interesting puzzle. The advert mentions Nigh Invulnerable Creatures, so that's hanging a gun on the wall to pull down in the 3rd act. :-)

@OneDarkness - hello again!

Last edited by CatCanCook; Apr 26th, 2022 at 12:24 PM.
Old Apr 26th, 2022, 12:34 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11752
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Ohh I remember the Father, I just like the silliness that it allows. Like how I can make what basically equates to a 3.5 totemist.

Quick questions: for said basically totemist would the cruelty drawback and metal intolerance flaws be okayed? Also think the metal intolerance should add cant use metal armor or weapons as one extra damage from metal weapons is kind of forgetable. Going abberant so the metal armor would have an impact though the metal weapon wouldnt matter to him much.

Last edited by MundayKnight; Apr 26th, 2022 at 12:50 PM.
Old Apr 26th, 2022, 01:00 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24777
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Mother

left-aligned image
Name: Veronica Bliss
Race: ChangelingHag Magic 1, Object of Desire, & Witchborn alternate racial traits.*
Ability Scores: Str: 7; Dex: 14; Con: 10; Int: 21; Wis: 7; Cha: 17.
Primary Classes: Empathic Duelist Eliciter 1 / Ascendant Mind Psychic 1
Gestalt Class Levels: None (yet)
Mythic Path: Spheremaster
Mythic Tradition: Riftwarden Orphan
Feats: F1] Extra Magic Talent: Forceful Telekinesis; 1] Heavy-handed ForceHeavy-handed Force (Champion, Combat) [BaP]
Creating leverage is an art.

Prerequisites: Brute sphere, Telekinesis sphere.

Benefit: You may use telekinetic force to perform a shove against a creature within Telekinesis sphere range using the same action normally required to perform a shove (normally a move action). A shove performed this way does not allow you to move. Make a ranged touch attack against a creature within your telekinesis range, using your casting ability modifier for the attack roll and to determine damage dealt.

When applying a (manhandle) talent, the target takes additional bludgeoning damage as though they were used as a Bludgeon. A creature can only take additional damage this way once per round.

If you possess a talent to shove with a weapon (such as the Brute sphere Brace Weapon talent) and the Telekinesis sphere Dancing Weapon talent, you may perform a shove using a Bludgeon and may move the Bludgeon up to 1/2 your telekinesis speed when doing so.
Traits: Riftwarden Orphan [Campaign]; Conscious CultistConscious Cultist
Prerequisite: You must openly belong to a community of psychic influence, such as an agency or guild, and have experience with esoteric rituals and incantations.

Benefit: Gain a +1 trait bonus to caster level when using talents and abilities from the Divination, Mind and Telekinesis spheres. This increase in caster level may not raise your caster level over your Hit Dice.
* [Faith]; UntetheredUntethered
You follow a spiritual path of freedom, distancing yourself from the world in order to achieve enlightenment.

Benefit: You may choose to count yourself as either one size smaller or one size larger when you would be affected by telekinesis due to your ability to detach yourself from worldly bonds.
* [Religion]; Gift For Magic: ConjurationGift for Magic
Whether through ancestry, training, or another personal aspect, your skill with a particular type of magic is far more natural than normal.

Benefit: Choose a sphere. You gain a +2 trait bonus to your caster level with that sphere. This bonus cannot cause your caster level to exceed your Hit Dice.
* [Magic]
Drawback: Umbral UnmaskingUmbral Unmasking Effect: You cast no shadow whatsoever, or the shadow you do have is monstrous. Under normal lighted conditions, this is not hard to observe—but uncommon to notice. Creatures that succeed at a DC 15 Wisdom check notice it plainly (an additional Perception check may be required based on environmental conditions). This telltale sign of wickedness cannot be concealed by misdirection, nondetection, or illusions, except those that also affect shadows (such as invisibility).*
Flaw: Free-SpiritedFree-Spirited

You seek to live your life freely, unburdened by excessive material possessions.
Prerequisite: Chaotic alignment.
Benefit: The weight of any gear you carry is considered double for the purposes of determining your load. For example, a half-elf with a Strength of 10 and 30 pounds of gear is treated as carrying 60 pounds, which is a medium load. In addition, any armor check penalties you have are also doubled (or tripled, in the case of making a Swim check).
Alignment: Chaotic-Good
Deity: None

Recruiting for Assault on Origin.

Last edited by LeoByron; May 12th, 2022 at 06:48 PM.
Old Apr 26th, 2022, 01:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Munday,

My rule of thumb is that drawbacks and flaws ought to make some meaningful negative impact on a character; if they don't, then they shouldn't earn the associated benefit.

Will taking these sting often enough to matter? If the answer is no, pick something else.

Or, pick them and I'll rewrite them to be of magnitude that feels like a real disadvantage.

I agree that Metal Intolerance is too feeble to be a proper flaw. Compare it with the flaw right next to it: -3 to Fortitude saves, which is the magnitude of negative 1.5 feats and will matter to just about anyone across many encounters and for all levels. You'll fail 1/6 of your fortitude saves because of it! ... which just gets worse as you level. +1hp damage in contrast starts as almost nothing, and vanishes as you level.

Last edited by CatCanCook; Apr 26th, 2022 at 01:38 PM.
Old Apr 26th, 2022, 01:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks LeoByron. Your games and rulesets are an inspiration for how I've structured this game.
Old Apr 26th, 2022, 02:18 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
I have another question.

Are Changelings allowed?

They appear in the "Race Points Unknown" section of the Pathfinder SRD Race page.

I would assume they would fall in the higher point category and have 23 point buy, if allowed.

Last edited by LeoByron; Apr 26th, 2022 at 02:19 PM.
Old Apr 26th, 2022, 05:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron, Yes Changelings are ok, in the higher RP bracket.
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 12:38 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
grumblyarcher grumblyarcher
So... I may or may not be listening to the Doom soundtrack right now so the primary idea I'm kicking around might be a Reaper (Chem Dog/Magekiller) | Technician
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 12:55 AM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
In case you missed the question in my original post:

Also:

Under Mythic advancement, you state:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic Advancement
When characters advance 2 mythic character levels, they gain (beyond their normal class levels) the following:
  • +1 mythic rank, with associated path abilities
  • 150% of the HD for each character level. This replaces the bonus hit points listed in a mythic path's description. Example: a Conscript’s d10 HD grants 15 hp.
  • +1 mythic bonus to an ability score (but the same ability score cannot be chosen in consecutive mythic ranks, so this gets split between two ability scores.)
  • +1 mythic feat slot. (This replaces the +1 feat per 2 mythic ranks progression.)
  • Mythic Bond. Choose one of the following.
To make sure I understand correctly, when you choose to advance a Mythic Tier when that option presents itself every 2 character levels you gain:

150% Hp for each character level. Does this apply for both level 1 and level 2, when the game starts, and every level thereafter if we continue to progress Mythic rather than Gestalt? Or does the bonus only apply once for the class level gained at level 2? The text "for each character level" confuses me.

So if I was a Fighter level 2, I would get 15 HP at 1st level and 15 hp at 2nd level (plus Con bonuses)? If it applies to each level, it seems you get far more Hit Points from choosing Mythic every 2 levels rather than Gestalt since Gestalt only applies a bonus to HP every other level.

Last edited by LeoByron; Apr 27th, 2022 at 02:06 AM.
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 02:07 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
The Leadership feat -- in much of its broken glory -- is allowed and characters will probably find it advantageous to the Spheres leadership Sphere (which has more play balancing limitations.) However, cohorts like other companions will be capped by similar HD progression limits:

Keeping parity across those and cohorts (from leadership or other sources), I'm going to cap Cohorts using the same progression as an unchained eidolon.

Cohort builds will be 15 point-buy, no campaign traits, not mythic or gestalt. Races over 10 RP become 12 point-buy.

However, a mythic character can use their Companion Bond option to give mythic capabilities to a companion. (But a cohort is not necessarily mechanically better than any of the other major sources of companions -- Animal Companion, Eidolon, Mount all have some good mechanics and could benefit just the same.)

--

And so, LeoByron had a secret question about whether a certain Companion with levels in Spheres class would be buildable. The answer is yes.
Old Apr 27th, 2022, 02:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
To make sure I understand correctly, when you choose to advance a Mythic Tier when that option presents itself every 2 character levels you gain: 150% Hp for each character level. Does this apply for both level 1 and level 2, when the game starts, and every level thereafter if we continue to progress Mythic rather than Gestalt?
Correct.

Quote:
Or does the bonus only apply once for the class level gained at level 2? The text "for each character level" confuses me.

So if I was a Fighter level 2, I would get 15 HP at 1st level and 15 hp at 2nd level (plus Con bonuses)?
Correct.

Quote:
If it applies to each level, it seems you get far more Hit Points from choosing Mythic every 2 levels rather than Gestalt since Gestalt only applies a bonus to HP every other level.
Not my intent. I clarified with the following revision:

Quote:
Hit points. Gain 100% of the largest hit die and 50% of the smaller at each character level.

So, for example, suppose a character was a 2nd level Gestalt Barbarian / 2, Oracle / 2 (lame curse naturally). HP per level would be 12 + 8/2 = 16. Plus Constitution bonues.
Net -- Mythic and Gestalt paths should have pretty similar hit points.

Last edited by CatCanCook; Apr 27th, 2022 at 02:14 AM.