PF-1e Wrath of the Righteous: Paths of Ascent - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 30th, 2022, 01:21 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24777
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
Looks like an exciting game with interesting mechanics. Sadly, I don't have the time for another game, but I did have a question.

I've never had a reason to look at the mythic rules myself but I glanced over them from this ad.

Could you combine the champion's limitless range ability, with mythic far shot and the throw anything feat to grapple someone, spend a mythic point, and then throw them into the sun?

The concept of a group of sentient enemies talking smack and just casually throwing their leader into space has put a smile on my face all day XD
Maybe with Body Bludgeon Rage Power or some other similar abilities which allow you to use opponents as a weapon. That's hilarious!

Recruiting for Assault on Origin.
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 01:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5202
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Imveros - anything game breaking or indeed that causes on PC to hog the limelight will be nerfed. Rules-as-written are advisory.

Dbaque - reply in secret
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 01:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 48176
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook View Post
Imveros - anything game breaking or indeed that causes on PC to hog the limelight will be nerfed. Rules-as-written are advisory.
Oh yeah, I'd never do that outside of a one shot, but the idea of chucking the BBEG into the sun was too amusing not to share
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 02:02 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24777
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
A level 7 Wizard could use Phantasmal Killer and with 2 failed saves kill an opponent.

Your Mythic dude would have to invest Mythic abilities, initiate a Grapple, win the grapple, Pin the target, spend Rage to use Body Bludgeon, and a Mythic Power to toss him.

That would be an expensive save or die effect that a normal level 7 Wizard could pull off with a single level 4 spell and 2 failed saving throws... lol

Recruiting for Assault on Origin.
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 02:06 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 79779
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:

Or

- Mythic rank 1, Fighter 1, Wizard 1
Okay, this is interesting...

My PC could be an 1st level Oracle//Witch with one Mythic tier then?
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 02:28 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Just checking... if I plan to go Archmage for mythic then I must be a riftwarden orphan, right? Raised in kenabres etc.
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 03:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
@LeoByron - the person hurled toward the would be on the orbital trajectory to fall into the sun. They would orbit indefinitely, subject to vacuum, radiation, and the eldritch horrors of the places between worlds. A more stylish end than a mere phantasmal killer.

@Admin, Yes. And yes, that's how WOTR's charming campaign trait system works. And yes.
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 03:23 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
@Admin, Yes. And yes, that's how WOTR's charming campaign trait system works. And yes.
10-4... then I probably need an entirely new idea/concept.

Unless someone can figure out how an orphan raised all his life in Kenabres became a (temporary) member of the Qadira army.
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 04:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19263
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
@CCC: Very helpful info. Looking over the campaign traits, Angelic Affinity does not appear to have an associated mythic path, that right? And the listed Aura of Menace is gained at 12th level?
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 07:39 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33098
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Dirk View Post
10-4... then I probably need an entirely new idea/concept.

Unless someone can figure out how an orphan raised all his life in Kenabres became a (temporary) member of the Qadira army.
Perhaps the Qadira's army opened a recruitment office in Kenabres lol

Last edited by MoonZar; Apr 30th, 2022 at 07:42 PM.
Old May 1st, 2022, 02:56 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
dbaque -

For the Angelic Affinity campaign trait: Mythic paths are: Marshal, the Gifted, and Living Saint.

Crocodile - re: stolen fury and form of power:

By the numbers: 12 days to close, 7 applications in progress, 4 expressed interest but no follow through yet.

Last edited by CatCanCook; May 1st, 2022 at 04:30 AM.
Old May 1st, 2022, 08:34 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, working on a big reset of my PC Application... since my initial plans would not work together properly, I have to change plans.
Old May 1st, 2022, 04:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@CCC: Those make sense.

Are any of the origin talents available? It is a pretty recent addition to the spheres site and allows adding some racial abilities with the Extra Origin Talent feat.
Old May 1st, 2022, 06:45 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
trying to understand mythic here (vs standard mythic in PF).

there are mythic levels, and mythic ranks...

Mythic level = class level = gestalt level. So, I could be a Fighter 1//Mage 1 (gestalt 1) or i could be a fighter 1//mythic 1 (mythic rank 0.5)?

And for every TWO mythic levels, you get one mythic RANK.

When that happens, you get the stuff mentioned here:
CCC
When characters advance 2 mythic character levels, they gain (beyond their normal class levels) the following:

+1 mythic rank, with associated path abilities
150% of the HD for each character level. This replaces the bonus hit points listed in a mythic path's description. Example: a Conscript’s d10 HD grants 15 hp.
+1 mythic bonus to an ability score (but the same ability score cannot be chosen in consecutive mythic ranks, so this gets split between two ability scores.)
+1 mythic feat slot. (This replaces the +1 feat per 2 mythic ranks progression.)
Mythic Bond. Choose one of the following:

So, for your first Mythic Level, you gain nothing, right? Not until you get two levels do you gain a rank, and then you get +1 ability point, +1 mythic feat, and your hitpoints (150% of your other class, for both levels that it took to get the rank).

do I have that right?
Old May 1st, 2022, 11:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Well, Dirk, you missed that we are advancing in two-level increments at a time, so we'd never advance just one level. Every two levels you choose between 2 gestalt levels or 1 mythic rank (e.g. for fighter 2, choose either mage 2 or mythic 1). If you focused on just one, you'd end up with either fighter 20//mage 20 or fighter 20/mythic 10.