PF-1e Wrath of the Righteous: Paths of Ascent - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 3rd, 2022, 04:07 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5202
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Admin Dirk,

Finding Haleen is a campaign trait, you can have only one. Given that you are taking Riftwarden Orphan as a trait, Finding Haleen has to be dropped.

Yes, Noncombatant is allowed, and when taken gives you 1 bonus feat.
Noncombatant. You are relatively inept at melee combat.
You take a -2 penalty on all melee attack rolls.

Having started down the path of Riftwarden Orphan, you grow into a Spheremaster . As part of your mythic tradition, you have these:

Mythic Drawback: Traditional and Price of Power. Mythic Qualities: When All Seems Lost. Mythic Boons: two of your choice.

1st Traditional ties to your Spheres casting tradition – all your mythic powers have the same drawbacks as you choose for your witch spellcasting. The “Price of Power” means you should set aside a good amount of gold for material components for your mythic powers.

What mythic boons would you be choosing?
Old May 3rd, 2022, 04:20 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
MundayKnight -
Keep in mind the effective level caps I have when using spheres. Your build appears to use a number of shallow dips, which will be level-limited later in life if you don’t further invest in those spheres. Just a heads up – this is no real constraint at this point.

Can you please hyperlink to the definitions of your various feats and talents? There is a lot about this character that is atypical and requires a lot of extra reading;

Can you build out your companion?
Old May 3rd, 2022, 04:29 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Admin Dirk –

I am counting your ability scores as follows:

Ability Scores:
S 10 (cost 0)
D 12 (cost 2)
Con 12 -2 race (cost 5)
W 12 (cost 2)
In 20 +2 race, +1 mythic (cost 13)
Ch 12 +2 race (cost 0)

It totals to 22, and given the changeling race you have 23 to spend on stats.
So with 1 pt to spare you could advance one of S, D, W, Ch by +1.
Old May 3rd, 2022, 04:48 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Crocodile, for Mitawo Kenfe can you show the math for your ability scores? I’m coming up with them costing 30 pts, your budget is 26.

Can you separate your abilities by level and show what you gained from each level? Mixing them together is making it hard for me to track. I need to see where each ability comes from.

I am allowing only one negative drawback. You have listed three. Please drop two, and the associated combat talents.

Last edited by CatCanCook; May 3rd, 2022 at 04:48 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2022, 05:30 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Ricktur63 --
Any questions, or any further development of this character?

Zenda Asha is missing the textual application (background, etc.) and feats.

Suggestion: Since you haven't chosen a drawback or flaw, it might be a good idea to choose them to get access to a bonus trait or feat.

Since you have an archetype that gives two weapon fighting, I suggest you swap it for access to the Dual Wielding sphere: http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/dual-wielding

It lets you make dual attacks while moving about, which a Zephyr often wants to do to make the most of Psychic Strike. It also opens up martial talents which give some extra options for a two weapon style character.
Old May 3rd, 2022, 07:03 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 79779
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCanCook View Post
Admin Dirk,

Finding Haleen is a campaign trait, you can have only one. Given that you are taking Riftwarden Orphan as a trait, Finding Haleen has to be dropped.

Yes, Noncombatant is allowed, and when taken gives you 1 bonus feat.
Noncombatant. You are relatively inept at melee combat.
You take a -2 penalty on all melee attack rolls.

Having started down the path of Riftwarden Orphan, you grow into a Spheremaster . As part of your mythic tradition, you have these:

Mythic Drawback: Traditional and Price of Power. Mythic Qualities: When All Seems Lost. Mythic Boons: two of your choice.

1st Traditional ties to your Spheres casting tradition – all your mythic powers have the same drawbacks as you choose for your witch spellcasting. The “Price of Power” means you should set aside a good amount of gold for material components for your mythic powers.

What mythic boons would you be choosing?
Thank you... I saw someone else had Finding Haleen as a trait, and it's too good an option to pass up, so I tried for it. If I can't have it and one of the required campaign traits, I will choose again... gotta stay on that archmage path!

I'll look at the new features you have given, and incorporate them... and figure out talents, boons, etc..
Old May 3rd, 2022, 07:26 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 79779
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
@CCC

Changelings don't have a RP cost... what do you count them as? Some unofficial sources count them as 10 or 9 RP, most just shrug their shoulders and leave them unlabeled.
Old May 3rd, 2022, 08:18 AM
Psalm 144

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4816
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Quote:
We are using the Feat tax fix (https://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/) – which means Point Blank Shot is no longer a prerequisite for Precise Shot (or for anything else.) You can keep Point Blank Shot if you really want the +1 to hit, +1 damage in 30’ … but if you were just taking it to meet a prerequisite, then you can swap it out for something else.
If I understand it correctly, it also means I do not need to take Weapon Finesse in order to use DEX instead of STR when I am using my Kinetic Blade. Is that correct?

Quote:
Next supposing you were taking “Precise Shot”. Given that we are using Spheres of Might, using a feat to take the Sniper Sphere instead of “Precise Shot” is always superior, because it both gives you Precise Shot right of the bat, plus it gives you more options. http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/sniper
I have to admit I am not familiar with the Spheres, so I am trying to get up to speed on those. So, if I wanted the Sniper Sphere, I would just take it as a feat? Feat: Sniper Sphere
UPDATE: So it looks like it would be: Feat: Extra Combat Talent (Sniper Sphere) to get the base level and then could do Feat: Extra Combat Talent (Sniper Sphere - Head Shot (snipe)) if I wanted a talent from that sphere.

Quote:
And, if you really wanted the +1/+1 that Point-Blank Shot gives you, that comes as a freebee alongside taking the Barrage Sphere: http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/barrage . That still qualifies you to take Point-Blank Shot (Mythic) to get to +2/+2 & etc.
Would I be able to take both Sniper and the Barrage?
UPDATE: It looks like I could take both spheres but investing in talents would require several feats.

Quote:
What two Mythic Boons would you be choosing for Ken? They are on the Mythic Traditions tab here:
http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/mythic-spheres
Thank you for that link. I have been trying to figure out where to find that information and doing a search for boons hasn't been helping much. Would it be okay to take the Legendary Gear boon? It would count as both my boon choices.

Last edited by Kenjitsu; May 3rd, 2022 at 10:47 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2022, 10:05 AM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11752
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Quote:
MundayKnight -
Keep in mind the effective level caps I have when using spheres. Your build appears to use a number of shallow dips, which will be level-limited later in life if you don’t further invest in those spheres. Just a heads up – this is no real constraint at this point.

Can you please hyperlink to the definitions of your various feats and talents? There is a lot about this character that is atypical and requires a lot of extra reading;

Can you build out your companion?
I have one quick question regarding the capping, does it apply to the skill points given by various martial spheres? Also yeah the dipping is intentional and mostly to either fulfill prestige requirement (warp) or make sure abilities the hive can get are utilized well (destruction) the overall build is him being a support caster and his companion causing hurt.

Will do.

Question regarding companion, would I be starting with one or have to tame one? Assumed the second but if the first then would you like me to purchase it given the beastmastery sphere doesnt automatically provide a companion?
Old May 3rd, 2022, 10:19 AM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24777
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Thank you for the apt and thorough feedback.

Recruiting for Assault on Origin.
Old May 3rd, 2022, 01:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Admin Dirk --

Changelings are in the higher tier of cost > 10 RP. So 23 character points are available. Same ruling for you as I reached earlier for LeoByron.

Kenjitsu --

Quote:
If I understand it correctly, it also means I do not need to take Weapon Finesse in order to use DEX instead of STR when I am using my Kinetic Blade. Is that correct?
You don't need it for Dex to benefit yourr attack with a finesse weapon.

if you want Dex to damage, then you still need to invest a feat. There are several choices but the best is this from Path of War:

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative...gility-combat/

Yes, Kenjitsu -- you have the general picture that Feats can buy Spheres and Talents within the Spheres. Correct -- that you can invest in both Barrage and Sniper spheres. The thing is if you are committed to getting Precise Shot and Point Blank Shot then given that commitment, those two Spheres are "free", i.e. buying the Sphere gives you effectively the feat you wanted anyway.

And yes, you can go for two doses of the Legendary Gear boon.
Old May 3rd, 2022, 01:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I have one quick question regarding the capping, does it apply to the skill points given by various martial spheres?
Yes -- it applies to everything that scales mentioned inside a Sphere, and specifically skills BAB, CL.

Quote:
Also yeah the dipping is intentional and mostly to either fulfill prestige requirement (warp) or make sure abilities the hive can get are utilized well (destruction) the overall build is him being a support caster and his companion causing hurt.
So for hitting prereqs the cap is no problem. You'll want some key areas that are your core tactics to scale though.

Quote:
Question regarding companion, would I be starting with one or have to tame one? Assumed the second but if the first then would you like me to purchase it given the beastmastery sphere doesn't automatically provide a companion?
Given how powerful gestalt/mythic characters are -- and the opponents you face are equally dangerous, non mythic companions may die from time to time. I imagine you will periodically need to replace / replenish you companions. (Unlike Leadership ... having a vermin companion die is not going to hurt your reputation with other vermin!)

It is easiest if you buy your first companion, and then probably tame follow on beasts to upgrade later.

Within the Worldwound fiendish animals or vermin are likely -- and having a fiendish animal with DR makes it good meat vs. evil opponents who won't be able to bypass DR.
Old May 3rd, 2022, 01:41 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5067
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Of course, even when/if a Companion does die, they can be brought back to life as long as the party is high enough level to do so.
Old May 3rd, 2022, 01:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19263
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Thanks, CCC. Very helpful info.
Old May 3rd, 2022, 02:48 PM
Psalm 144

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4816
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Thank you so much for you detailed responses. I do have two more question:

Since I will have a
  1. Mythic Object Bond
  2. Gnostic Cult Relic-Bond
  3. Legendary Gear bond

Can all of those be the same amulet?

And yes, I know if someone/something takes it, I will lose a lot of abilities until I get it back.

With the From Barrage SphereBarrage special attack that allows two attacks with the highest bonus -2, would that also apply to the Kineticist's Kinetic Blast? And assuming so, would that mean it would only apply if I am not using gather power since that increases the casting time?

Last edited by Kenjitsu; May 3rd, 2022 at 03:24 PM.