RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 7th, 2022, 06:06 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8816
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by briar View Post
*waves* Hey Runetide, good to see you~

Also question @ the GM: Is multi-classing going to be allowed? It's kind of and kind of not a thing in FF, so since this MMO is themed after it, I thought I'd ask.
Hi Briar!

@GM, are you allowing archetypes? Or whatsit called for this mod?
Old May 7th, 2022, 06:58 AM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5147
briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar
Oops, yeah, I probably should've asked about that too before building a concept around an archetype >.>;
Old May 7th, 2022, 09:11 AM
Distanced, Socially

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19833
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
Posting interest! The relaxed posting rate really appeals to me, as I've got a 9-month-old baby that has kept me away from the site for a while. I think this would be a wonderful opportunity to get back into the swing of things.

I'll format this properly once I've fleshed out the concept a bit, but the in-game character will likely be a Miqo'te Red Mage.

-

Name Crims0n
Race Miqo'te
Job Red Mage
Age ~6 months
Pronouns She/Her
Origin NA Server
Height 5'2"
Weight 95lb
Hair Color White
Eye Color Crimson
Name Danush Sivaloganathan
Ethnicity Indian Canadian
Occupation Risk Assessment Consultant
Age 32
Pronouns He/Him
Origin Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Height 6'3"
Weight 220lb
Hair Color Black
Eye Color Dark Brown
IRL Can Be A Real Drag"Sir, I understand that there's a huge potential gain here, but you have to understand that as your risk consultant I have to make you aware of the possible downfall. Cryptocurrency is not a stable market. If you are relying on it as the staple for your investment portfolio, there's a strong chance of heavy losses if that market takes a downturn. I'm merely suggesting that divesting a portion of that portfolio into more stable markets will allow you to maintain a baseline that will prevent InnoTech from dropping into a deficit for the quarter. Your stakeholders are expecting another positive quarter so that you can enter the next round of Class C funding with confidence."

"Daniel, bro, I feel like you're not looking at the bigger picture here. Crypto's the future, and we're InnoTech! Innovation is kinda what we do. I can't start shovelling money into like, old energy stocks or whatever. Plus think of the upside! DogeCoin is absolutely gonna blow up. Don't I owe it to my company to get them the best returns?"

Danush lifted his glasses and pinched the bridge of his nose, thankful that this wasn't a video call.

"I believe we're out of time for the moment, but we can pick this up at our touchpoint next Monday. Please take that time to read through the report my firm generated, as well as the possible portfolio changes I've left on the shared drive so that we can come to a decision on how to proceed. I have to step away for my next meeting."

"Oh, yeah, for sure. I'm pretty confident, though. You have yourself a good one, Daniel. I'll talk to you next Monday. Hey Garret, can you stick around on the call? I need to --"

He clicked the "end call" button and sat back in his chair, thankful for a moment of silence. He knew in his heart that all of the advice he had imparted had fallen on deaf ears (it was always that way with young tech companies, particularly in the "trendier" parts of Vancouver), but it was still his job to try and stop them from shooting themselves in the foot. InnotTech in particular would have made for a great case study.

"Oh well," he sighed.

He was shaken from his reverie by a vibration of his phone on the desk in front of him, followed shortly by a ringing in his earbuds and the notification of an incoming video chat in the corner of his screen.

OKONGWU IYOLUA
[CANCEL] [ACCEPT]

His colleague, present in the same call just moments before. He moved his mouse up to "Accept" and mentally prepared for the debrief.

"Hey E, what do you think?"

E was already laughing, clearly finding the exchange more amusing than Danush had.

"Well, Daniel. I think they're a train wreck. How they managed to secure $1.2 million in seed funding, I will never know. Why do you let them get away with this?"

Danush shrugged. "I thought 'Dan' would be easier to handle than 'Danush,' but it backfired. That one's on me."

The Nigerian's laugh rang out once again, forcing a small smile onto Danush's own face. The thing was infectious. How his coworker managed to stay so jolly despite the state of the world was beyond him, but he thought that if he could unlock that secret then the whole world would be better off.

"So, my friend, what is this about your next meeting? I thought that we were done for the day."

"Oh, we are. My next meeting isn't actually until the Weyland-Yutani thing tomorrow. I just needed an exit strategy." He paused to allow the next bout of chuckles to die down. "I was actually thinking of jacking in to Nellegana for a few hours. I don't think I've picked it up at all this sprint, but you and Trent have basically polished off that report already, so I just need to give it a readthrough before the call. Thanks for that, by the way."

"Ah, I don't understand you and your fancy goggles. Why play games when there's a whole world out there to explore?"

WIP

Last edited by DAquilina; Yesterday at 02:34 PM.
Old May 7th, 2022, 02:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3006
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brian Shaw (2).jpg
Views:	52
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	95708   Click image for larger version

Name:	Raitoningu Mūn.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	311.1 KB
ID:	95709  

Last edited by Rylus; May 10th, 2022 at 11:07 AM.
Old May 7th, 2022, 03:45 PM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2402
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
Hi Briar!

@GM, are you allowing archetypes? Or whatsit called for this mod?
Sure! Just not their "Pop culture" ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by briar View Post
*waves* Hey Runetide, good to see you~

Also question @ the GM: Is multi-classing going to be allowed? It's kind of and kind of not a thing in FF, so since this MMO is themed after it, I thought I'd ask.
As a DM, I actually find multiclassing hard to track. I'd say to fit the setting, I would have to say no.

Check out my podcast with my VA buddies; Rejected Party Members

Last edited by Krow Nest; May 7th, 2022 at 03:46 PM.
Old May 7th, 2022, 05:47 PM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
Ethnicity: Asian (Mixed)
Pronouns:She/they
Origin:Suginami, Tokyo, Japan
Height:5'1'' (155cm)
Weight:111 lbs (50kg)
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Light Brown
Skin Tone: Caucasian

Personality: Intelligent and clever, but also even-tempered and easy-going. Shuugo inherited a great deal of her mother's personality, who was born and raised in the American Midwest, and as a result has rebellious streak, which often has put her at odds with the world around her, particularly where she grew up. Nevertheless, she is hard-working and dedicated to her craft, especially since it allows her to work from home.
Hobbies/Interests: Shuugo isn't really much of a gamer, but practically lives on the internet. She plays chess professionally, and poker semi-professionally, though she never takes it seriously enough to win big. She also has a love of trains, and sometimes when she's feeling bored or upset, she'll just hop on the city's transit train and ride the circuit back and forth for hours--or until they catch her loitering.
Goals: In real life, Shuugo mostly has what she wants out of life: a job she enjoys, but doesn't take too much of her time, a roomy apartment, 'ok' neighbors, a couple close friends, and a city she can explore in her off time. Sometimes she does feel like something is missing, but whatever it is, she's fine without it for now. In Nellegana, Shuugo wants to be famous, but finds that it's really difficult to gain any traction or notoriety in the existing guilds due to their size and complex hierarchy. To other extents, she also enjoys the game's main storyline, as well as collecting achievements and rare items.
Shuugo KitsumuneKshatriya Witchlight
Offline IdentityOnline Avatar
Race: Human
Class: Kingsglaive (Dragoon)
Pronouns:She/they
Height:5'7'' (170cm)
Weight:158 lbs (71kg)
Hair Color: Platinum-Blonde
Eye Color: Silver
Skin Tone: Ashen

Dramatis Personae: Kshatriya, or colloquial known (though mostly self-proclaimed) as the 'Witch Knight', is depicted by Shuugo as a high-born woman who rejected her family's legacy, forsaking that life for that of a traveler and mercenary. She is calm, serene and graceful, with flowing movements and a regal bearing, but favors movements and techniques that are embellished or over the top.
Description: Shuugo wanted her character to have a monotoned 'grayscale' look, and thus her attire often matches her pallid form, being black and white, with some light grays and silvers mixed in. According to her player, this is 'very witch-y'. Beyond that, she appears European in the face and has a dipped chin. Many who have met Kshatriya have remarked that she looks like a cross between a paladin and 'French battle-maid,' which Shuugo finds infinitely amusing.
CS/Combat Style:Kshatriya typically wields a heavy blade, but also employs the use of throwing weaponry and motes of eldritch power to supplement her exquisite blade-work. When she slashes with her kingsglaive, a black streak of void follows in its wake, along with a clattering hum which makes one feel like their bones are rattling. A similar effect trails in her wake when she uses her Warpstrike technique to teleport into the fray. Upon activating her limit break, a black, smoking crown appears over her head and she temporarily grows a pair of inky wings that drip onto the ground, hissing violently before dissipating.
Old May 7th, 2022, 08:21 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Goddang, Briar! That's a beautiful app. Can I StealBorrow that for my app?
Old May 7th, 2022, 08:22 PM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks~ And of course! ^_^
Old May 7th, 2022, 09:43 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3006
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Yea, got to say that is an amazing format....i think i may steal it as well and reformat Brian.
Old May 7th, 2022, 10:08 PM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
Coding up templates like this is a simple pleasure of mine ^^; By all means, feel free to use it~
Old May 8th, 2022, 12:42 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
@Briar: I still use some of the post formatting stuff I learned from gaming with you!

Ethnicity: French/Japanese
Pronouns: He/Him
Origin: Tokyo, Japan
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 130 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Light Green
Skin Tone: Pale

Personality: Luke Dubois in person is a quiet and somber young man. A lot of the high intensity energy he had before the accident is now gone, as the real world only serves to remind him of his limitations. However, in the game world, his older personality starts to shine. Even so, now he's a somewhat patient player, taking carefully chosen routes and game events, but occasionally he will take a gamble on things he believes in strongly.
Hobbies/Interests: Luke used to be into bicycling and basketball before the accident. He also developed an interest in french history and cuisine after one of the few times he got to spend time at his father's work. Since the accident, however, Luke now spends most of his time playing video games in his room and avoiding his parents as much as they seemed to be avoiding him.
Goals: Luke Dubois is a son of a French diplomat and a Japanese Ambassador. He was usually left to his own devices, but that ended up badly for him. He was struck by a car and spent weeks in the hospital where he was wheelchair-bound. During that time Luke got into the kind of full-immersion roleplaying video games. Now, his goals revolve around drowning out the sorrow of his disability and the loneliness of spending most of his life by himself since his parents are both extremely busy. He doesn't have many real life-goals at this point, not yet. Perhaps if he could make a living playing in these games, where he can actually walk again, he would do that in a heartbeat.
Luke Dubois Sigil Starlight
Offline IdentityOnline Avatar
Race: Miqo'te (Sharlayan Scholar)
Class: Time Mage (Gun Mage)
Pronouns: He/Him
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 160 lbs
Hair Color: Silver
Eye Color: Red
Skin Tone: Pale

Dramatis Personae: Sigil Starlight is his Avatar's name. He roleplays the character first and foremost, but will, if pushed, recognize/act as his IRL name if there's no other choice. However, he feels that Sigil is a much more interesting person to be and he uses that. He's chosen an odd build for his persona, too. A time mage with firearm proficiency, making him something of a Clockwork Cannoneer. When roleplayed, Sigil Starlight is the confident, capable, and skilled type of adventurer who spends hours of time in the game just grinding out 'the basics' to get a high degree of understanding and mastery of his class's abilities. In towns, he tends to focus on his objectives, but is a sucker for helping out others, especially those who are disabled or injured.
Description: Sigil is a fit, slender Miqo'te with soft skin and silvery fur and long downy-furred ears, even for his race. He prefers to wear whites with red accents, as well as sturdy gloves and boots that match even if the rest of the outfit doesn't. He's also got a satchel he wears on his left hip which is his inventory access. Sigil Starlight's in-game voice is smooth and has a hint of a French accent to it, an intentional touch.
CS/Combat Style: Sigil Starlight's primary method of battle is his rifle, which he will use in regular battle as a ranged striker. He can also provide buffs and debuffs if there's time in advance, but most of the time he saves his MP for loading a powerful spell into his gun and blasting a boss mob down in a high DPS burst.
I think Luke's reasons for playing the game is pretty obvious if you read the app, but in case it's not perfectly clear:
He's playing to escape from his otherwise quiet, lonely life where he can't even do the things he used to anymore.

ALSO, @Rylus: Hey there fellow wheelchair person. I think we're both drawing from a similar inspiration, which is kind of the equivalent of showing up to a party in the same outfit. If that's a problem, I can rework my backstory.

Last edited by Runetide; May 8th, 2022 at 08:39 PM.
Old May 8th, 2022, 01:17 AM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Ok you two have no idea how much i love this application format.

Old May 8th, 2022, 01:47 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow Nest View Post
Ok you two have no idea how much i love this application format.
Briar is an amazing forum wizard.
Old May 8th, 2022, 01:52 AM
The Buddha Himself

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I adore it so much. Your characters are good too, added to the list!

Old May 8th, 2022, 02:48 AM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
OoooOOoo, I like this. Cipher mage doin' some cryptomancy! :P Glad I was able to help both now and in the past @Rune! ^_^

Also @Rylus, just a small design suggestion, but I think your pics might fit the screen a bit better if you clipped them down to about 600-700px in height and about 300-400px wide each. Tall and thin works the best for this particular template.

Last edited by briar; May 8th, 2022 at 03:05 AM.