RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 18th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Worldcrafter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33905
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption
The Stands

Say Hi, everyone!
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30819
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
Woot! It's Outplay time!

Wow, it looks like you all put a lot of work into revamping this. It's gonna be hard for me to top Mother Lorelei as a character (albeit fairly easy to come up with something that does better in melee ), but I do have an idea in the works!

Two questions:
Is the personality generator gone entirely?

What if I'm perfectly happy to compete in more than one system? I'd be fine doing either 3.5 or Pathfinder. For now, I'm gonna apply in 3.5, but I'd hate to end up the only person there and be left out that way.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24987
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytterbium View Post
Is the personality generator gone entirely?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytterbium View Post
What if I'm perfectly happy to compete in more than one system? I'd be fine doing either 3.5 or Pathfinder. For now, I'm gonna apply in 3.5, but I'd hate to end up the only person there and be left out that way.
We discussed that eventuality. We did have a conclusion on it.

I don't recall the outcome, and I do not want to contradict Cola.

I do believe if you apply to all three only one of your entries will be considered and it will be at the judges discretion as to which one.

Again, this is not law yet. Cola will confirm it and update the rules thread.

Stay Tuned.

I would say keep your app off the threads for awhile. You are CS so you have access to your own private thread. Work it in there and then post in what system you want when you are ready.

Last edited by Embrodak; Jun 18th, 2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30819
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
Sounds good. Thanks, Em!

Also, it took longer than I'm proud of to figure out who Cola was...
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24987
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
Sorry. That's my nickname for him.

Last edited by Embrodak; Jun 18th, 2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29386
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Really? It's been a year already? WOW! Welcome all and best of luck!!

Ooh level 11 this year. Does it go up each year? Or simply random-ish?

To any NEW to the site folks that want to apply: I VERY STRONGLY recommend that you read the rules a few times, and then go HERE and read some of the App's and Posts by others before you even start. It will serve you well.

See you in the arena!
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Not a Doctor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14971
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
I think it is Level 11 because of the addition of 4e. It was probably the easiest way to have some form of equality between 4e and 3.5, but still 4e is massively overpowered compared. I got a character done in the CB as sort of a trial, and he's running +21 Attack +23 Damage on Melee Basic Attacks.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 42740
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
If Pathfinder doesn't get 8 submissions, will we be given time to 'tweak' the application so it fits into 3.5e? Just concerned of being shut out if I chose the wrong system. Alternatively, can we submit the identical character concept for both system and allow the Outplay judges decide on the system?

If not, I'll probably just wait until the very last minute to submit -- or at least until we have a quorum in either 3.5e or Pathfinder.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Quote:
Originally Posted by saratek187 View Post
I think it is Level 11 because of the addition of 4e. It was probably the easiest way to have some form of equality between 4e and 3.5, but still 4e is massively overpowered compared. I got a character done in the CB as sort of a trial, and he's running +21 Attack +23 Damage on Melee Basic Attacks.
Ahh, OK. What I know of 4.0 would fit in a thimble. Thanks.

DiG
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7729
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
4e app on the way. This will be my first shot at this. Will the judges be looking more at combat effectiveness or role playing? I read the rules and I am getting the impression its geared more toward role playing, but I was just curious.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
4e app on the way. This will be my first shot at this. Will the judges be looking more at combat effectiveness or role playing? I read the rules and I am getting the impression its geared more toward role playing, but I was just curious.
Absolutely about Role Play!! The rules state what will be judged.

DiG
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7729
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
Thanks for making that absolutely clear DiG

I noticed two people pulled their apps, if I were to have a complete character hashed out tonight or tomorrow would it be alright to post it?
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Thanks for making that absolutely clear DiG

I noticed two people pulled their apps, if I were to have a complete character hashed out tonight or tomorrow would it be alright to post it?
[OPINION] One app was withdrawn (I think) to instead play in a different system (4.0 or PF). The other was posted incomplete and you only have 1 hour for edits, as I read the rules.

EDIT: I do not think the 1 hour rule applies to the actual application. Awaiting confirmation.

If you can do so in a few days, sure. I took 2 weeks to create and develope a PC last year, and only made round 1. I will take MORE time this year. I suggest you take your time.[/opinion]

There is no advantage to posting today or on July 12th. Just before the deadline. Best of luck to you.

DiG

Last edited by Digorig; Jun 18th, 2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonarsCorruption View Post
Editing
- edits are allowed within one hour of making the post (so long as it doesn't put it past the round deadline. Edits made after one hour following the post will disqualify that post: judges are not required to read it.
RC, would you please clarify this. It is not what I recall from last year. Can you POST and EDIT your application anytime? i.e. is the 1 hour rule only apply to actual contest posts (rounds)? Or also to application?

Thank you,

DiG

Last edited by Digorig; Jun 18th, 2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 07:21 PM
yvan eht nioj

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9628
irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777
Last year in the application round you could edit at any time, as long as it was before the actual deadline. I'm looking forward to some re-matches and flexing my RP might. GAME ON!

Also, I will second DiG's suggestion to people new to the contest.