RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 18th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Worldcrafter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33905
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption
Out of Character Thread

Welcome to Outplay! Anything that isn't an actual game post goes here. Have fun!
Old May 18th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14929
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
Hello everyone!
Old May 18th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
So wait, is a 5th edition thread on its way up? I was looking forward to that, had a few character ideas I was mulling over in my head. 5th got a lot of votes, if I recall, I thought more than Shadowrun.
Old May 18th, 2015, 02:40 PM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30854
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
Hmm... I, uh, may have to trim a little to get down to 750 words.

Not that I'm that much over.

Best of luck to all!
Old May 18th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofTuring View Post
So wait, is a 5th edition thread on its way up? I was looking forward to that, had a few character ideas I was mulling over in my head. 5th got a lot of votes, if I recall, I thought more than Shadowrun.
It seems they couldn't find judges or a DM...

Last edited by Atalla Wanderer; May 18th, 2015 at 04:27 PM.
Old May 18th, 2015, 05:01 PM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Damn shame. Still, I suppose the ideas can work just as well in 3.5 or 3.75, even I don't get to enjoy exploring 5e

And yes, yes, before anyone says it, I know that I can run a norse berserker or a wizard in shadowrun as well . I've just never been a big fan of the setting, a few of the better cyberpunk novels aside
Old May 19th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Worldcrafter

Tools
User Statistics
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption
And at the last moment, Atalla saves the day! Well, Atalla and GinJapan. We will be opening a 5e bracket... it'll just take a bit to get everything set up.
Old May 19th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
And I had just figured out the pathfinder mechanics for my character too . I guess if 5e doesn't get off the ground for whatever reason (knock on wood) I can slide him over into that system. Good to hear that problem got solved, though.

Is birched or anyone with a red name going to put up something for outplay d015 in the site notices? There's still something up about that system selection thread, but that's not really relevant anymore. Doesn't seem like we're getting a lot of attention on here
Old May 19th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofTuring View Post
And I had just figured out the pathfinder mechanics for my character too . I guess if 5e doesn't get off the ground for whatever reason (knock on wood) I can slide him over into that system.
This is what I was afraid of. Just stay in your bracket; in fact, take Ytterbium with you.

Now, reverent DMs, my OCD is wondering why the Pathfinder thread has the [Characters] tag, but not the rest of them?
Old May 19th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalla Wanderer View Post
This is what I was afraid of. Just stay in your bracket; in fact, take Ytterbium with you.
Nope. Yer stuck with me in Pathfinder this year-at least for Round 0. Nice try, though.
Old May 19th, 2015, 03:23 PM
Worldcrafter

Tools
User Statistics
The lack of a notice, the inconsistent tags, and all that, are all of that is because I was rushing to put everything together on a holiday Monday, with my newborn in my arms, while my one year old was napping. Makes it a little hard to type.

Rest assured, a proper announcement is in the pipeline - and should be posted tomorrow.

As to the poll about the system selection, you can manually dismiss the notice, but it's also going to be changed up tomorrow with a proper one for the competition.

In fact, the whole competition is much earlier than last year, so all of you who've noticed it are big keeners, and have a couple of days of edge over your competition.
Old May 19th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin RonarsCorruption View Post
In fact, the whole competition is much earlier than last year, so all of you who've noticed it are big keeners, and have a couple of days of edge over your competition.
Hear that, Ytter! I hope you've been trimming that overgrown hedge-of-an-app you have.
Old May 19th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalla Wanderer View Post
Hear that, Ytter! I hope you've been trimming that overgrown hedge-of-an-app you have.
It amuses me to no end that I frighten you this much.
Old May 19th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Confused and confounded

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30311
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
You do have a rather intimidating presence, Ytter
Old May 19th, 2015, 05:36 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
Says the 3 time winner, heh.