RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 15th, 2021, 12:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4607
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Welcome, ImpInTraining! What an awesome history you have with gaming! I hope you're able to find all those games you've been itching to get into on the site .
Old Oct 15th, 2021, 12:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 265
ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining
I've been looking around ... there are a few openings in fast-filling games, but I'm holding off for something that appeals to me. I know how it goes... when it rains, it pours. Next thing you know, you're running 4 games, playing in 10 others...

I definitely don't want to get back into that bad habit. Gonna be a bit more picky.
Old Oct 15th, 2021, 12:53 PM
rawr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2972
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpInTraining View Post
I definitely don't want to get back into that bad habit. Gonna be a bit more picky.
That's a good way to be. One of the biggest killers of games is people taking on too much. I try to stick with a maximum of 3 games (and a max of GMing 2 games) as much as possible, in order to be able to give proper attention to those games.

I'm also picky; I already don't do PF or similar games, and I'm adding 5e to that list too. I'm going to stick with games that have the [Other] tag from now on (including OSR games). They don't come out as often, but I have a more fun time generally when playing them.

Playing: None. Running: The First Mask (Cthulhu Zero)
Old Oct 15th, 2021, 02:34 PM
What canst thou say?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30360
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Hi, ImpInTraining! Thanks for becoming a Community Member and for bringing your gaming experience into the site! You sound wise in the ways, and I think you are totally correct to wait and choose the perfect match for your gaming time. Hope to see you around the boards and maybe in a game at some point!
Old Oct 15th, 2021, 02:38 PM
Proverbs 27:17

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2926
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Imp,

If you are interested in exploring Starfinder, you can find all the details and rules over at the Archives of Nethys. It does not have any of the pictures from the books, but it does have all the details and it relatively current.

If you want to play around with some character concepts, there is a free character builder at Hephaistos. You will need to create an account, but it is free and it allows ample slots for building various characters.

If you like what you see and want to give it a shot, I can run you through an introduction solo game. (It is not the same thing as the New Player Solo Games, which I would recommend you do as well. Just PM me if you decide you are interested and I can walk you through the process and even help you create a character if you want.
Old Oct 16th, 2021, 10:59 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Not terribly interested in solo adventures, but thanks for that link. I'll check more into the game system once I'm done with my travels.
Old Oct 16th, 2021, 11:03 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabadger View Post
Hi, ImpInTraining! Thanks for becoming a Community Member and for bringing your gaming experience into the site! You sound wise in the ways,
I appreciate the kind words. Wise ... well, that's subjective perhaps. I hope to live up to it.
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 03:02 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29362
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning,

Welcome over here and cool to see feel the vibe of enthusiasm and thank you for your trust in the site to become a Community Supporter so soon after your arrival g #respect

please check out our Solo Games a private luxury DM will be included for free
~ weekend 2/3 Oct family time ~
Old Oct 17th, 2021, 07:46 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoladevla View Post
Goodmorning,

Welcome over here and cool to see feel the vibe of enthusiasm and thank you for your trust in the site to become a Community Supporter so soon after your arrival g #respect
Ah, that... I have no problem in investing into something that I think is a very worthwhile product. Having run my own forum, I recognize the immense quantity of work that has gone on here to provide the functions that are already available for gaming purposes. I have no reason to think it was money wasted, because I'm relatively sure I'll be here for quite some time to come.

Glad to make your acquaintance.

Last edited by ImpInTraining; Oct 17th, 2021 at 07:47 AM.
Old Oct 23rd, 2021, 02:18 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 970
Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko
Welcome to the RPG Crossing!