User Statistics
RPXP: 361
spudball spudball spudball spudball
Rise of the Undead Heroes

Game NameRise of the Undead Heroes
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeDarkness vs the Light
FlavourCombat and Relic Hunting while Seekign Vengeance
Plot SummaryA party is summoned from another world to enter another world that their benefactor (A Baron) tried to settle to make a place coexist with undead and humans. Needless to say it failed maiming him in life. Summoning dead inhabitants and giving them life and strange abilities they are given quest to find the relics for the Baron to give him the ultimate power to rid those who made him cower into failure.

Backstory

The lands of Neros which consisted of islands and a mainland continent lived in a world of harmony devoted to the righteous god and other races of being. Somewhere on mainland out of nowhere a castle appeared out of nowhere and never the less citizens started to take notice. Baron von Bloodborne , the lord of the castle was hoping for a coexisting relationship with the denizens of this world.

The baron would soon realize that he was wrong the peoples of the land not only formed a vicious army, it was army that he could not stop with his few guardians and citizens. A bloodbath ensued and the castle destroyed with it and left in ruins. The baron wasn't spared the royal guard of the sun temple took him to the dungeon and along the way he got weaker. So weak he could fight back when they cut his hands off and break his legs so bad he was a crippled. After that he got at ultimatum, leave or die.

The baron left via a gate to his world to his own world of graveyards and broken keeps. the endless eternity made him froth and and angered him to the point where he vowed no mercy to those who harmed him.

"My Dream" said the Baron
"Curse them all on that forsaken world. i will get help and show them who they are dealing with"

Staring at the statues he finally realized they were his only hope for vengeance

Character Development

For character creation any source will be allowed provided they fit the parameters listed

-The following classes can be chosen in their evil form

Ranger-Doomed Archer
Paladin/Priest-Cursed

The above three alter ego classes sort of speak are same as good version with the exception of the following

Cursed Paladins are considered having broken their oath upon death
Cursed Priests can't smite undead
Doomed archers can use animal friendship but only for like bats, spiders, wolves and anything gothic oriented

if someone plays a cleric and cats protection from good and evil only the good aspect would work

No bards or druids
Mystics are alllowed

You may ask what are doomed archers or cursed classes i listed. Since the party is undead with each character having a trait. Using a darker side of the class will be more of advantage. Besides the cursed classes will use the opposite version of a the real spells which be kind interesting and more advantageous

No ability stat rolling til applicants are actually chosen

Races not allowed-Giants, Dragon, Some planar.( you can play 1/2 breeds like orcs)

You could play an undead character if so desired
Alignments are as follows i'll put herre though i listed below (Any Good ot Neutral non evil)
Note in your applications you will be asked a few questions which must be answered

One of them will be undead trait ( choose one undead creature your character will gain the creature attributes -no vampires or liches)

Here is the chooseable affinity traits

Skeleton-1/2 damage bladed weapons
Wraith-Life Drain(touch attack)
Shadow-Hide ability and str drain
quiet soul-false appearance
Common Ghoul-Paralyze (touch attack)
Zombie- Undead Fortitude (when reduced to zero a check is made and you are resurrected at 1 hit point

Campaign note:

Instead of Healing potions they will be referred to as refreshing potions with same effect

While in holy places or against religious enemies -2 penalty on attacks and natural healing which can still happen in this game is at a slower rate. (obviously graveyards and tombs have an opposite effect)

Starting level 3

Special game notes

no gods exist in the game
traveling by boat,foot or horsecart

I have decided to an include an npc servant with the party when the game.

Clarifications:

The party characters are undead but not in appearance and they have the trait of their undead monster choice my provided list
As for alignment no evil alignments only good or neutral
Game Notes

4 to 6 players
posting 2 a week at most

About me

This my first time doing 5th edition so dont knock me but i have dm'd other games which various reasons have ended i have dm one that lasted about four months

I forgot a few events are happening first week in august therefore applications will be due aug 31 by midnight. This will allow the process to play at its fullest, I will then spend a week going though the applications

Name
Race:
Class:
Appearance:
Undead Affinity Trait (undead creature your characters is traited ex Dergon wants the Zombie trait(that means he always attacks last)
how you died
Unfinished Task before you died

Note: Last two questions must be answered

Dont want a big story of how you died or uncompleted task at least no more than two paragraphs. Also i prefer if no references to the Baron is made -very important because your connection will be reveal at the open of the campaign

Note: as the characters are undead their affinity trait will determine if the undead they may fight will determine combat advantage and disadavantage

Clarification of Undead in the campaign if there was confusion

As mentioned characters chosen will be in statue form in the Baron's Garden, however they are consider memorials in honor (hence how you died question in application) The baron can revive you from statue form, but technically your alive as in real life (hence why i added the selection of undead affinity trait)

A question has been asked about playing a character not associated with any of the statues. I would possibly allow it but rather not. if i do i will do the relative tie in with player input involved and it would have the fit the party's need

Questions

Why are bards not in the campaign and why monks are?

Bards and their music abiltiies do not fit in this campaign. Thats another reason why i am adding an npc to the game which will follow the party. A monk is more easier class to fit in the campaign in mu opinion.

Note i have seen other game ads with class restrictions so why should mine be different

Decisions have been made

Since everyone had a good ideas and well diverse i had to use a scoring sytem for this but based on my opinions on the applications
Other represented misc details
Thoughtfulness represented in my opinion how good your idea was and how it would fit
Creativity is how creative the descriptions were

i scored each section 10 points

after reviewing i went through tie scores for diversity of characters and thus came up with the following accepted
( i will not reveal my scoring but if you want to pm if you didn't make the list i will explain my reasoning if choose to -note those not chosen can let me know by pm if they would like to be a replacement player

also those who didn't make can feel free to watch the game and read whats been going on i have no issue
Having said all that here are the chosen few

Khamluc
Touketsu
Shade
Strange2099
ColorsoftheHeart
VoodooZombie

For those who make it please follow link below

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18150

Last edited by spudball; 09-01-2019 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:04 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 729
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Hm! A novel concept.

What do we need to know to apply? What kind of character generation rules are in use?
Old 07-23-2019, 10:42 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2923
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Gasp! This looks neat! Unfortunately, I'm going to have to withdrawal my application. Good luck, everyone! Game has a cool concept!

I took the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Odyssey; 08-01-2019 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:19 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1111
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Place Holder/reminder ... definitely YES ... What an original concept ... LOVE the creativity

SiKuRah
right-aligned image

Name: SiKuRah
Race: Tabaxi
Class: Monk
Appearance: Good looking athletic body but Shading dark. Blue light shining eye. same blue color than when he activates some power of firehand (Fang of the Firesnake or Waterwhip... Monk ability )
Undead Affinity: Wraith
how you died: resume: Trample by an army of zombies getting out of a cemetery. SiKoRaH was pulled underground by the Zombie Mob

"Hum... I just have to jump over that gate smoothly... even if there some movement there ... I know that there a few zombies in here ... but it's not like every drunk men tales isn't it?. Ok then here we go... Hop... Nice and easy ... ok what the name again of the tombstone I'm searching ... "Malcolm Wright" ... pff yeah right."

SiKuRah Jump over the MainGate and close half of his objective without any problem. Contouring some building that seems to have movement... but stay silent.

"MeUhhh !"

"Darn.. What the..."

Making a false move after been surprised by zombie coming out of nowhere, SiKuRah foot step on smooth ground but pass right through the grass
and become stuck then falls on his back. The surprising zombie falling on him and grabbing him, as he tries to make some snack of it ... The noise quickly attracts some others that come to help their fellow zombies for breakfast.

"HolySh.. they're heavy ... I must push that one their ... YEs .. I have to get Arrrgg... Noo let go my ARRrrr My leg ...Darn there everywhere... nononon not... must NOT fall down... must stay .... nNNOOOooo ouch..."

"...Frack its the end ... 4 zombies on my ... never make it ... don't have any strength anymore ... it is like my soul feels nothing anymore ... curious, I can see my corpse lying on the ground been eaten by now 6 zombies... and the ground seems to absorb all that weight in his belly ... then silence ... light lower ... dark... darkness... ... ...."

Unfinished Task before you died:

...Little earlier in the mansion of M.Wright

"Hi and Welcome. I'm glad you answer my call. I choose you because you did a very good job on the last one and As far as I investigate some potential leak you could have left ... none has been revealed... so I'm very satisfied with your competence."

"Your mission will be to retrieve an object that I just located in an old cemetery of our rival family. They hide it there and probably lost track of it when the Old Bransturn die."

"Again, I want you to go there and bring it back without anyone notices you... nobody should know you go there too ... I don't want any leak that I will be in possession of it"

SiKuRah seems flattered of all that congratulation about his performance.

"No problem sir ... I'm your men... it will be done tonite and I will return "your" possession before the next sunrise"

"I'm out sir ! "

SiKuRah slip out of the room without noticing that someone was behind the door.

The Door shut after the depart of the young monk and the dark form begin to ask:

"You sure its a good idea to send him retrieve the "Calis of Eternal" ?

"No Worry ... he will never come back again ... don't ask... that's the plan"

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sikurah Male Dark.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	81081  

Last edited by KhamLuc; 08-09-2019 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:46 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1335
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
This looks super interesting! Here's my app.

Beware the Shadows Lie
right-aligned image

Name: Whisper

Race: High Elf

Class: Rogue (Scout)

Appearance: Whisper has short silver hair with a single braid on the side. His eyes are a brilliant blue that are wasted on a cold and stoic face. His pale face has a bit of gray tinge to it, though if it's because of his hair or the fact that he's dead, he doesn't know. He's a bit on the small side, standing at only 5' 5" with a twigish build, but that's all the better for slipping into places other people can't get to. He wears dark colors, mainly blacks, grays, and blues, and never goes anywhere without a trusty hood. His tiny frame is littered with the scars of a difficult and possibly abused life. The only bit of color on him is a brand on the right side of his neck, brightly standing out on his skin.

Undead Affinity: Quiet Soul

How You Died: Whisper was bred, born, and raised, to be a perfect spy. The brand on his neck marked him as a personal slave to the king of the kingdom Aumi. He knew secrets that Aumi's enemies would do anything for. He made a mistake on a mission and was going to be captured, which meant horrible torture until he spilled all his secrets. Rather than letting that happen, Whisper took his own life.

Unfinished Task: Part of his duties as a personal slave/spy was to continue creating perfect slaves. Forced to breed with another slave, Whisper's efforts took root. If he had returned from his last mission, he and the woman he bred with would have faked their baby's death and taken it outside the castle to live a better life than the one it would have had inside. Whisper wants to make sure that the plan was still carried out, and if not, make sure it still happens. His little girl will not live the same life that he has.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:55 AM
wyrm of smurfs

Tools
User Statistics
changed application end date
Old 07-27-2019, 01:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1763
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
Interested...thinking maybe a human monk with either the skeleton quality or Zombie.

Question: Can we treat this quality as just flavor (I.e., get the bonus but not truly be a skeleton or zombie)? Alternatively, if I select skeleton, can I be an actual, reanimated skeleton (like Spinal)?
Old 07-27-2019, 05:11 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 672
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
If we play a druid, do we turn into dead animals or live ones?
Old 07-27-2019, 05:17 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Quote:
Originally Posted by penbeast0 View Post
If we play a druid, do we turn into dead animals or live ones?
I think spudball said no bards or druids in this setting, so I would imagine not?

Old 07-27-2019, 07:15 PM
wyrm of smurfs

Tools
User Statistics
i had to keep out a few classes bards and druids just wont work in this setting due to the nature of the game.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1763
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
Quote:
alignments are considered neutral
Hi, does this mean that True Neutral is the only PC alignment allowed?
Or, do we choose from CN/LN/NE/NG?
Old 07-27-2019, 08:04 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange2099 View Post
Interested...thinking maybe a human monk with either the skeleton quality or Zombie.

Question: Can we treat this quality as just flavor (I.e., get the bonus but not truly be a skeleton or zombie)? Alternatively, if I select skeleton, can I be an actual, reanimated skeleton (like Spinal)?
Both ideas are kinda dope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange2099 View Post
Hi, does this mean that True Neutral is the only PC alignment allowed?
Or, do we choose from CN/LN/NE/NG?
Beat me to it! I had questions about that too

Last edited by Odyssey; 07-27-2019 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 10:49 PM
wyrm of smurfs

Tools
User Statistics
Answered a few questions
Old 07-28-2019, 09:58 AM
wyrm of smurfs

Tools
User Statistics
Added more details in bold

always pm and ask question or post them here
thanks for your interest
Old 07-28-2019, 01:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1224
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie

Name: Angel

Race: Yuan-ti Pureblood

Class: Mystic: Order of the Wu Jen

Appearance:
Angle appears as a typical human female. She stands about 5'6 and weighs about 125lb. Her eyes are dark blue and her hair is long and black. Her skin is light in color and she has scales that run down her back along her spine. Also on her back is an elaborate colored tattoo of a snake attacking what looks like a demon mask or head. When Angel walks it’s with the measured, firm, steps of someone who has not only confidence in themselves but also in their ability to take care of themselves. Her voice is soft yet firm, showing that she’s someone who isn't indecisive in both thought and speech.

Angel is quite social and likes to ask a lot of questions. She also enjoys getting to know about those around her. She’s also curious about everything want to learn as much as possible. She also can be blunt and speaks her mind. Angel is also unafraid to point out things that others might not want to say out loud.

Her clothing is always bright and colorful with elaborate patterns throughout. Her hair is always tied up on top of her head and is held in place with a couple of large straight hair pins. She prefers wearing loose fitting outfits and boots with no heels because such clothing is easy to move around in and is very comfortable in case she has to wear them for any length of time.

Undead Affinity Trait: Skeleton

How you died: Angel was left on the door step of an house where two mystic hermits lived. Angle was brought there by female and a male. She was a young child and the only thing she remembered about the couple was that they had always greeted her by saying “Hi sweetie. You’re an angle.” When she got old enough to understand the hermits told Angel about being brought to them. The couple just showed up at their door step one day, with Angel standing between them holding their hands. One was a male Yuan-ti Pureblood and the other was an female human. All they would say was that Angle was starting to display certain abilities and that they won’t prepared to handle such abilities should they grow stronger with age. They also asked the hermits to take good care of her. They both then hugged and kissed her and left. It wasn’t until a short time later that the hermits discovered the scales and tattoo on her back.

Ture to the couple’s predictions, as Angle grew older, so did her powers. She showed an affinity towards the natural elements and the hermits knew why Angle was brought to them. She needed the mystic’s discipline in order to control such uncontrollable power.

The hermits taught her how to use and control her mystic powers. Angle learned the mental and physical discipline needed to master the elements she was connected to. However, in the back of her mind was always the question about who she was. Tracking down the couple would probably be impossible, but the tattoo on her back was the strongest lead she had. If she could find out who painted her back and the meaning behind it then perhaps she could get answers to the questions that have remained unanswered up to now.

As Angle begin to master her powers, she also begin to spend more and more time away from her hermit masters. Her supply runs for the hermits took longer and longer as she traveled around to the different towns and villages that dotted the area. It gave her a chance to practice her powers and use them for the good of the people who lived in those settlements. It also gave her a chance to ask around about the tattoo on her back. However the answer was always the same. No one knew anything about or who could have made it. She thought it was a little strange that no one knew a thing about the unique art work on her back, but shrugged it off and didn’t give a second thought.

One day, while on one of her trips into one town to get supplies for the hermits, she was walking down the street window shopping for her masters when she heard a loud commotion behind her. Angle turned around just in time to see an driverless wagon being pulled by a couple of out of control horses running straight towards her. It had come upon her so fast that she didn’t have time to jump out of way. She died almost instantly.

Unfinished Task: Find out who the couple that left her at the hermits house are, the meaning of the tattoo on her back, and her true identity.

Note: Last two questions must be answered

Last edited by voodoozombie; 08-31-2019 at 08:08 PM.