RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-08-2019, 09:16 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 966
RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77
2nd Edition - The Fall of Plaguestone - 2nd Edition

Game Name2nd Edition - The Fall of Plaguestone - 2nd Edition
Game SystemPathfinder
ThemeMurder Mystery
FlavourInvestigation and combat
Plot Summary
right-aligned image
You are apart of a caravan that travels south by southeast from Elidir, the capital of Isger, to Almas, the capital of Andoran, on a road between the Apsodell Mountains and the Five Kings range.

You reasons for traveling are your own and you found a dwarf trader, Bort Bargith, who was willing to allow you to travel for a few coppers and your aid in protecting the caravan if the need arises.

You first stop on the way to Almas is Etran’s Folly, also know as Plaguestone. The town of Etran’s Folly has never had it easy. Located far from popular trade routes, it has never been more than a stopover point for merchants making their way from Elidir to Almas. Worse still, after the Goblinblood Wars, the town suffered terribly from a plague outbreak that killed almost half the population. Etran’s Folly never truly recovered. This fact led many to refer to the town as “Plaguestone”—a reference to a stone marker in town once used to safely give food to the sick and dying.

About the DMI have been playing RPG's for over 20 years and DMing for about 10. As Pathfinder 2.0 has just been released this will be a learning experience for us all. If you do not have the rules that is okay. I will provide a link to the free basic rules at the Pazio Website. There are also additional Backgrounds you will have access to for this adventure that I will have up ASAP.

Also If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
As Always no rolls in this thread. Not that you need them in this thread.

Character ApplicationsHere is what I am Looking for.
Name: The Name of your Character
Ancestry: Your Race/Subrace
Backgroud: Character Build Background
Class: Fighter/Rogue/Wizard/etc.
Alignment: Non-Evil Please
Description: What you look like. I would like an Image, but also a text description of you character.
You will not be judged based on the quality of you image I just like them so I can make Tokens.
History: Who you are and why are you traveling on this Caravan.

Character SheetIf you want to include a character sheet you can. (Not Required) Please put in a spoiler tag. I've included an Example one but any you find will work.

Applications
Player Character Alignment Class Ancestry Background Completed
Runetide Bellsara Lamont Fighter NG Human Laborer Complete
Begon Ugo Stevak Krivan Barbarian CG Human Farmhand Withdrawn
Mcderth Rolen Sammson Rogue CG Human (Half Elf) Entertainer Complete
Silent Rain Jaece Gilden Fighter (Wizard Dedication) LN Human (Half Elf) Warrior Complete
JasonWFD Salvuncorielm "Sal" Molefriend Ranger CG Sensate Gnome Teamster Complete
Phern Esmayl Kalmeralm Cleric of Sarenrae NG Half-Elf Missionary Complete
Mason Mooshi Sorcerer (Elemental Bloodline - Fire) CG Goblin Barkeep Complete
Hound Fiona Oak Alchemist NG Human (Half Elf) Herbalist Complete
gnollservitude Jonathin Craine Wizard, universalist, spell blending thesis N Human Scholar Complete
Nevynxxx Katrina Dawnlight Cleric (Coistered) NG Human (Taldan) Missionary Complete
Kshnik Dimin Bargith Druid, Wild Shape NG Rock Dwarf Field Medic Complete
MundayKnight Torm Stonebone Champion LG Strongblood Dwarf Field Medic Complete
EditionsVeteran Asdur Groth-sun Fighter NG Dwarf (Rock) Herbalist Complete
Exhibit A Ikki Bard CG Goblin Missionary Complete
Maskain Saarke Fjulden Wizard, Transmutation LN Ancient-Blooded Dwarf Sailor Complete
Silk Dor Sentauri Monk NG Human Prisoner Complete
OneDarkness Sterling Larken Bard NG Human Warrior Complete

Application Deadline 8/22 Noon EST
Posting Rate 2-3 times a week.

Last edited by RedWolfe77; 08-22-2019 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 981
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Yay the first 2nd Edition Recruitment has arrived!

Okay I have a character I built that would work!
Application
left-aligned image
Name: Bellsara Lamont

Ancestry: Human

Backgroud: Laborer

Class: Fighter

Alignment: Neutral-Good

Description:A young, plain woman with the body of someone who has spent a lifetime working hard. Her equipment is well maintained, but has the dings and scrapes of having been in combat and they look to have been restored from a much worse state. She keeps her hair cut short and goes without makeup. Other than her pack, she carries a longsword and shield with her at all times. Her clothes underneath are sturdily crafted but made without fashion in mind, dyed in earthy browns and greens.

History: Bellsara Lamont was a simple farm-worker for most of her life until recently her employer's farmlands were caught up in the recent violence. Having been a knight of lastwall long ago before retiring due to injuries, her boss, an elven man, was quick to pass out what equipment he could to aid in the defense. She survived the first conflicts, and showed incredible talents for combat though she lacked the discipline of a true knight. Unfortunately for her, most of the farmland was desecrated during the battles, and her employer decided to leave the region instead of stay and hope that they could recover it. As a parting gift, he left her some silver pieces and let her keep the equipment she used.

Personality: Bellsara Lamont is someone who had a sharp mind but little education. She's smart, sometimes witty, but lacks a lot of common sense or social grace. She relies on tried and true methods (I.E. things she learned the hard way) to solve problems, and when she doesn't know of any solutions, she is willing to ask for help. She is a loyal kind of person who will trust their teammates wholeheartedly. She uses her sturdy build and great strength to help others because she feels that is the right thing to do. While not racist in the slightest, her boss has left her with an intimidating impression about elves.

Last edited by Runetide; 08-14-2019 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
Yay the first 2nd Edition Recruitment has arrived!
Should have known I'd get your attention @Runetide
Old 08-08-2019, 12:26 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWolfe77 View Post
Should have known I'd get your attention @Runetide
I admit I am the excites over this!

I did the playtest and have a copy of the 2nd edition book too. Also I loved watching what podcasts playing the system that I have, but thankfully don't know much about the Fall of Plaguestone.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2743
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
I will have an app up in a few days. Need to figure out the new system
Dwarf or goblin Druid most likely
Old 08-08-2019, 02:30 PM
Blaaargh!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9432
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Stevak Krivan

Ancestry: Human

Class: Barbarian

Background Farmhand

Alignment Chaotic Good

Appearance: Piercing angry eyes surrounded by faded self-inflicted needle tattoos... this is the weathered face of Stevak Krivan. Stevak, while not physically imposing, carries himself with a heavy sense of gravitas. Covered in the filth of the untamed wilderness, his body bears the scars of numerous encounters. As his youth has faded, the morning hours have become harder... the bones a bit heavier... the knees... stiff. Yet, Stevak's eye's still sparkle in the presence of children... the only truly innocent beings left in this forsaken land

Backstory: Stevak lived a humble life... he hunted... provided fresh meat for the village... farmed a bit too. He survived. His wife died... sickness... his boys became men. Stevak Krivan lived a good life. His sons had sons of their own... they loved their Papa. And then the day came... the boys, thats what they were called 'the boys,' were playing as children would do... in the fields, skirting the edge of the forest.

Stevak had warned them... quite sternly to be true, about the dangers lurking beyond the tree-line. His warnings were a premonition that came horribly true. The wolves revealed themselves with their blood curling howls moments before they struck. The boys were easy prey... fodder for the vicious beasts. Stevak wasn't there... not in time to make any difference. By the time the simple man reached the scene of the slaughter all he found was the blood blanketing the blades of grass and smeared along the dirt as the loves of his life were dragged to their doom.

It would be safe to say that the old Stevak died that day... the Stevak Krivan that had simply existed amidst the chaos of the world. Stevak looked now to the forest and only saw his grandson's mournful eyes staring out from the deep shadows. The eyes spoke the bitter truth... Stevak... Papa... had not protected what was his. Stevak knew he could never atone for his negligence... even if his sons said he was not to blame. It did not matter. Stevak knew that he was.

Stevak, equipping himself as best he could, entered the foreboding woods... intent on soon joining his nephews. Years have now passed and Stevak still stalks through the untamed wilderness, a vengeful spirit driven to protect what is his... humanity.

OocNever played Pathfinder but Dm 3 games here for 5E. I've been intrigued by Pathfinder for quite a while but have never got the chance to play. Any feedback on my application is certainly appreciated.

Last edited by Begon Ugo; 08-08-2019 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:19 PM
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 999
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
MEGA interested! Placeholder for character app! AAAHHHH!!

Edit: I believe my character is ready! Good luck to everyone, hope I can get to play!

Character Application
right-aligned image

Name: Salvuncorielm "Sal" Molefriend
Ancestry: Sensate Gnome
Backgroud: Teamster
Class: Ranger
Alignment: CG

Description: Sal stands around 3 feet tall with short ruddy brown/red hair and deep green eyes. He favors simple clothing that can survive getting dirty from being outside and around animals. When adventuring he wears hodgepodge pieces of leather armor, a shortbow made from a gnarled tree branch on his back, and a gnomish curved short blade - a kukri - in a sheath at his side.

While friendly and helpful towards people, Sal loves being around animals. He can be commonly found playing with dogs, training domesticated animals, and spending time laying about under a tree with his faithful badger sidekick Eddie. His life goal, besides common gnomish wanderlust, is to learn about and interact with every fantastic beast in the world.

History: Salvuncorielm was born just outside of Kyonin, but was raised on the road with his constantly travelling parents. He found early in life that he could relate to animals well, almost better than he could to gnomes or other humanoids. Sal's parents encouraged his interests and helped him learn how to work with and befriend animals, and in some cases even talk to them with his latent First World talents. As he grew closer to adulthood, he yearned for a chance to head out on his own.

His first opportunity to leave his parents and make his own way came about when a merchant company in Andoran hired him to help drive a caravan along a trade route. Sal took the job, going wherever the carts took him. After a few months of working and wandering, he took on a teamster position with Bort Bargithís company in Elidir, heading back to Andoran.

Last edited by JasonWFD; 08-11-2019 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWFD View Post
MEGA interested! Placeholder for character app! AAAHHHH!!
I KNOW, RIGHT?! *Flails*
Old 08-08-2019, 09:20 PM
Freelance Bum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1074
TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone
Posting interest. App may take a few days. Wee bit of a learning curve here.

Oath Taker
Old 08-08-2019, 10:52 PM
Master of Disappearing

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2103
Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Rolen Sammson

Ancestry: Human (Half Elf Heritage)

Class: Rogue (Scoundrel Racket)

Background Entertainer

Alignment Chaotic Good

DescriptionIt’s been a long and hot day of travel on the road to Almas, and you are looking forward to a quick bite followed by as much sleep as you can eke out here in the wilds. You stow your pack and go sit around the fire, eating your meager rations and preparing for the night. Just as you are about to stand and make your way back to the sleeping area when someone steps into the ring of firelight.

A man in a bright red cloak of seemingly average height scans the group, his eyes finally coming to rest on the empty space next to you. A rapier hangs from his belt, its sheath looking old and worn. A number of daggers are hung in strategic places upon his belt as well. They look well balanced and easy to use both thrown or in the hand. He pulled back the hood of his cloak revealing a mess of shaggy hair, dark in the firefight. He walks towards you with smooth and purposeful steps, his movements belying his natural grace and agility.

As he moves more into the light you notice that the leather armor he wears over his traveling clothes is as old and worn as his scabbard, though maintained well enough that it should still protect him in a fight. His eyes are a brilliant emerald green that sparkle like gems. He sports a goatee the same color as his hair, obviously well maintained. It makes him look older than the rest of his face, shave it off and you wouldn’t be surprised if he was just coming into his early twenties. His skin is light, the tips of his fingers calloused from work of some sort or another.

It only takes him a moment to cross the distance between you. He gives you a warm smile as he looks down at you. Is this seat open? he asks in a light and melodic coice, with a slight accent that's difficult to place. You nod and he drops down next to you.* Ah, good. I want looking forward to standing there in the dark with my supper. He pulls out his own rations and begins to eat. Ah, but where are my manners? I am Rolen Sammson, part time actor and full time wanderer at your service!

As the night goes on Rolen regales the group with tales and stories from the numerous plays that he knows, livening up an otherwise boring evening. He is definitely funny, charming and quick on his feet. He exudes an air of confidence and ease mixed with a happy go lucky attitude that makes you feel as though tomorrow isn't important, it the moment that truly matters. But finally the hour becomes late enough that you have to head off to their bedroll.*

Good night my friend. Rolen says as he offers you a firm handshake and a pat on the shoulder. I do hope I'll get to travel with you for some time to come.

HistoryRolen was raised by his human father, a cook at an inn on the seedy side of Elidri. Many of his earliest childhood memories are of helping wash dishes and prep food in the kitchen. As he got older he loved to go into the common room and mingle with the clients, and this is where Rolen met a number of colorful types; adventures, scoundrels, day laborers and even the occasional noble looking to be rebellious and rub shoulders with the peasantry. Life was hard for him growing up but his father did the best that he could, and Rolen loved him dearly.

Nothing lasts forever though, and when Rolen’s father got sick and died, he found himself out on the street, trying to survive. He first found work helping in a bakery, but was caught stealing bread and thrown out. After that he fell in with a group of street urchins, learning how to fight and living off the coin from mugging and breaking into places struggling to keep a step ahead of the guards.

One of the few joys he had was sneaking into the local theater on nights and watching the plays. No matter how many times the stage managers would catch him and throw him out he would always come back. Eventually they gave up and put him to work, building sets, selling concessions and helping the actors run their lines. Eventually he started getting parts and found that he loved the theater life. But he wanted more. Having heard so many tales and lived vicariously through so many parts he yearned for more, to see and experience the world and all the wonders that there were. And so he has set out to travel abroad and squeeze every adventure and experience that he can.

Last edited by Mcderth; 08-12-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:47 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 264
Mason Mason Mason
Still getting family with the magic system, but will post up a Sorcerer soon.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:15 AM
The knight who says "ni"

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1228
Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin
I’m mad excited to try PF2. I’ve been about to pee myself over the system for months, so count me very interested.

I’ll be applying with a ranger from Lastwall.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:01 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Just a Reminder. This will be a learning experience for everyone me included. For spell casters, there seems to be alot of new mechanics, I could be wrong, I'm currently reading up on that now.

So if I get something wrong, then let me know. I'm playing in a Society game soon, but it doesn't start till the end of the month. Hopefully between this game and that, the rules will start coming through better and the game will run better.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:07 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2504
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Jaece Gilden
right-aligned image

Name: Jaece Gilden
Ancestry: Human (Half-Elf Heritage)
Background: Warrior
Class: Fighter (Wizard Dedication)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Personality:
Jaece believes that only through hard work can one achieve their goals. He is mission driven and nothing will stop him from doing whatever he sets his mind to. Although he does not have many friends, he would do anything for those few he does. Jaece is normally even-keeled and keeps a cool demeanor.

History:
Jaece had never met his father and all he knew of his mother was that she had died shortly after he was born. An orphanage gave him shelter, but it was not a home. The other children made fun of his pointed ears and almond-shaped eyes, gifts from his mother. He left as soon as he was able.

The streets proved no better, but they provided him a freedom that he had not known in the orphanage. He spent several years this way, living day-to-day on whatever he could steal or scavenge. It was a day like any other when Jaece skillfully had his hand in a pouch on an older man that was speaking to a stall keep. Then, he froze. Not because he wanted to, but because he was unable to move.

The older man turned to face the street urchin that was attempting to rob him. He saw the dirty face and hair, the bare feet and threadbare clothes, and the layers of cuts and bruises earned by living the way the boy did. He found himself pitying the boy and was about to release him, when something began vibrating in his pocket. He pulled out an odd coin that glowed with a feint blue light.

Hmph, of course it’s you, the old man said, staring at the boy intently now. I am going to release you, but I don’t want you to run, alright? I have a proposition for you.

With that, the boy was again able to move. His brain screamed to run, but an insatiable curiosity kept him in place.

After seeing that he was going to stay, the old man straightened. My name is Jasper Longrin, battlemage for the Black Company.

Jaece’s eyes went wide. He had heard of the Black Company before, even seen a few of them over the years. They were a dangerous band of mercenaries. And this one was a mage on top of that.

In case you did not notice, I am getting old. My time with the Company is nearing it’s end. But, before I go, I promised commander Rusk that I would train an apprentice to take my place. So, what do you say?

Jaece did not respond right away, still processing what he was being told. Me!? He finally blurted. I’m no mage.

Hah, of course you’re not. At least, not yet. Wizards are not born you know. It takes practice and hard work. So, what do you say? Willing to see if you have what it takes?

Jaece spent the next several years learning under Jasper’s strict tutelage, gradually becoming the father he never had. He also learned how to be a soldier and contribute to whatever job the Company was hired for. These were the happiest years of his life, but they were not to last.

Jaece woke with a start to the sound of men screaming and fighting. He burst from his tent and found the world in chaos. The men from the Company, those still standing, were fighting men that Jaece did not recognize. Flames roared through the camp, but he was able to make his way to Jasper’s tent.

Inside Jasper was facing a man he had never seen before. He was tall with long black hair and a short beard. Well, Jasper, who do we have here?

Jasper cast Jaece a fearful glance.

What’s this? the man said with mock concern. You care for this boy’s safety? Well, then, you leave me little choice.

The man raised his hand and flames shot forth from his fingers, arched through the air toward Jaece. Instead of engulfing him, they curled around him as if hitting an invisible wall.

Jaece had seen Jasper do this before and knew that he was warding him. When the flames finally stopped, he looked over to his master and saw beads of sweat on his face.

That was noble, the man mocked, but foolish. Jaece heard him mutter something in draconic, but he did not know what he said. He pointed at Jasper and a bolt of lighting shot from his fingers and struck him straight in the chest, dropping him to the floor.

Jaece rushed to his side, but he knew there was nothing to be done. A steaming fist-sized hole had been ripped into the center of his chest. The old man’s eyes stared, fixed upward.

Jaece clenched his fists and threw himself at the man. But, before he could take another step, darkness overtook him.

It has been years since that night, but Jaece has not stopped searching for the man responsible for Jasper’s death. From town to town he has sought out magic users that prey upon others, hoping that one day he would find the one he is looking for.

Hearing yet more reports of a mage resembling the one that had led the attack against Black Company and killed his mentor, Jaece now heads to Almas, hoping that this time his search will bare fruit.

Roleplay sample of a fight:
Jaece was sitting on a log, staring into a campfire, when he felt a chill run down his spine. He looked up and saw the man who had killed Jasper standing on the far side of the fire.

He stood and with trained efficiency and drew his sword, his left had already working a magical symbol in the air. Three blue streaks of energy streaked from his fingers toward the man. Each of them exploded in front of him before they could touch him.

The man nodded toward Jaece’s sword. Why use that? You wield a power that crude weapon couldn’t possibly match.

It has its purposes, Jaece said through gritted teeth.

Yes, I suppose they do, the man said, smiling.

The unmistakable sound of a crossbow releasing came from behind him. Acting on pure instinct, a magical shield erupted around him in the same instant the bolt would have struck him, sending it flying into the trees surrounding his camp.

Jaece’s elvish eyes saw his attacker with little effort in the darkness. By now, he had dropped his crossbow and drawn his sword.

Jaece swung a few times, taking measure of the man. His attacker deflected them, but not as well as he should have. Seeing that he had the advantage, Jaece pressed the attack. With a quick gesture, he cast one of the first spells Jasper had taught him; for a fleeting moment, he knew how the man was going to react. It was just enough to allow his sword to skip through his defenses and find his chest.

Steel ripped through leather and flesh before the end of his sword burst from the man’s back. He planted his foot on the man’s chest and pulled his sword free, turning back to face the mage.

He was gone.

Last edited by Silent Rain; 08-09-2019 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:51 AM
The knight who says "ni"

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1228
Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWolfe77 View Post
Just a Reminder. This will be a learning experience for everyone me included. For spell casters, there seems to be alot of new mechanics, I could be wrong, I'm currently reading up on that now.

So if I get something wrong, then let me know. I'm playing in a Society game soon, but it doesn't start till the end of the month. Hopefully between this game and that, the rules will start coming through better and the game will run better.
Itís pbp, I wonít tell anyone weíre all looking things up between posts if you donít