RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Solo Games > New Gamers
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 11-05-2018, 09:13 AM
Meet thy maker, sinner!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6722
creed creed creed creed creed creed creed creed creed creed creed
EDIT: Never mind, figured it out.

Last edited by creed; 11-05-2018 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:09 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
PatrickLotD
Now a shorter man stirs. [His stout stature lends you to discern his being a dwarf (or Rhulfolk in his neck of the woods), as his rotundity belies his privileged station. He bears no discernable marks or tattoos, save those gifted by father time on his rugous face. He wears a green button down shirt with whale-bone studs, black slacks, and felt loafers. A cummerbund does it's best to reach around the funny dwarf.]
He rises first to walk to the man in the dark corner, Vestirge. "How do you do, sir? Might I ask, which of these exquisite libations would you happen to recommend?" Before producing his own wedge of Brie from his shirt and pairing with a white anyway.
He notices a halfling near shaking to splinters, "You there, how do you call yourself? Oh come hither, ole boy, I assure you we mean you no harm!" Turning to Vestirge "You mean him no harm, right Mr. ...? By any means I, wish you no ill." Startled by never seeing a halfling before, "By gumb! Are you well sir?"
Finally turning to the third apparent member of the Tangled Vine, "And Mister Karlos, as it were, join us, join us. Please partake in some of this sumptuous cheese!" Producing another wedge of Brie, self assured his shirt cheese must be better than a tavern's well prepared assortment. "With our new quartet we can start us a right old game of Tiddlywinks. Who's for it?!"
Old 11-14-2018, 07:57 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 57687
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome Patrick!
Old 11-15-2018, 06:07 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
The Prototype
Hi to all, I have a question for you; is common that in a Solo Game the person must wait 1 month? it's normal less or more?
Old 11-15-2018, 08:08 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20340
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prototype View Post
Hi to all, I have a question for you; is common that in a Solo Game the person must wait 1 month? it's normal less or more?
Goodmorning,

We are with a lot of volunteers working really hard to get that waiting list to a zero-players-count so hopefully, we can send invites to you and others really soon. To answer your question -> normally it is less. A month waiting time is kinda rare so please be patient. In the meantime, zevonian has a couple of cool links that you can check out (@zev this is your how do you spell this wordqueu)

Have you been cruising the site yet and found some interesting game advertisements? Checked the continuous games recruiting? Have you been thinking about what race and or class yet?

please check out our Solo Games a private luxury DM will be included for free
~ taken the Oath of Sangus ~
Old 11-15-2018, 02:11 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
The Prototype
I'm seeing a lot of videos on how to create a D&D character or how the fights work and I understand a bit of things but I'm still confused about the calculations and the points.

Last edited by zevonian; 01-26-2019 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Link not needed
Old 11-15-2018, 02:14 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36045
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Hey there, Prototype. No worries about character creation, it will get covered as part of your tutorial solo game.
But while you wait for a game, feel free to check out the Character Creation Example thread elsewhere in the New Gamers section.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:20 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
For a 5th edition game, yes, the waiting times are longer. We operate entirely on volunteers, and the number of volunteer GM's for 5th edition is limited (it's a newer edition, for one thing), and the number of people wanting a game is high. Wait times in other editions are much less, but that's simple economics: More DM's for those systems, and fewer players.

As Choco said: for most games, that's a bit more than the NEW normal (back when 3.5 was popular and new, we had multi month wait times). In general, the wait times are less than a month, but: if a large group of new players pops in, wait times will increase, as you see.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:23 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Quote:

As of the hour I am posting this response, there is only person ahead of you in the 5e queue, and you have only been waiting three days. Mind if I ask where you got that one month wait time notion?
Old 11-16-2018, 04:32 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
The Prototype
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevonian View Post
As of the hour I am posting this response, there is only person ahead of you in the 5e queue, and you have only been waiting three days. Mind if I ask where you got that one month wait time notion?
In fact I'm surprised! in the previous days the first in the list was been waiting for a month.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:10 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
If the app you are referring to is the one I am thinking of, the delay in pickup was due to it being a request for a restart of a game that was on hiatus. This happens now and then, and considerations regarding original DM availability are in play.

Looks like you have been offered a game already. Like many 5e applicants over the years, it took less than a week.

The ebb and flow of the queues has been well posted for by fellow DMs, so I'll leave it at that.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:32 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
OrcTraitor
Hey people of the tavern. I've applied for a Pathfinder game, I've built a Half Orc Barbarian and I'm ready to kick some heads in.

In the meantime, thought I'd pop in here if it's okay. Anyone know of a good PF character generator for someone who is lazy and may not want to calculate everything manually next time?

Last edited by OrcTraitor; 11-21-2018 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:04 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
Been a while since I made a PF character with a sheet here on site, but I seem to recall the auto fill functions doing a lot of the calculations for me.
Mind if I ask what you had trouble sorting out?
Old 11-21-2018, 01:09 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
OrcTraitor
Nothing really, I'm just lazy
Old 11-22-2018, 06:07 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcTraitor View Post
Nothing really, I'm just lazy
Are you asking if there are places where you can get a fully fleshed out PC, with stats, equipment, spell selection, etc., already made? Like the old gaming convention model, where you got handed a PC sheet and had ten minutes to get started playing?

Or something else, and I missed the point?