Mechanics Character Workshop and Roller Room - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Descent: A dragon's tale
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2015, 10:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3237
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
I was just wondering because I've seen people roll 3-4 stats below 9! That's what I mean by bad rolls. That's why I was asking about the option just incase some one rolled like that.

I read that you have what's called sanity score. Could you please give an example of this. Sounds like an interesting ideal.
Old Oct 21st, 2015, 10:47 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34130
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Oh, that makes sense... Yep, as a GM I'd probably step in with stats like that and ask for a re-roll or an array. No need to start a game with two legs and a hand tied behind your back!

A sanity score could come into play in several ways... you'll see when we begin play that your dragon and your person are so closely interlinked that should they become separated that the mental anguish could lead to erratic actions or to one or both of them becoming insane!

Bottom line... stay close to your person!

Last edited by savoylen; Oct 21st, 2015 at 10:47 PM.
Old Oct 21st, 2015, 11:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
I see! That could make for some interesting problems especially if both go insane!!!!!!
Old Oct 23rd, 2015, 04:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I just read the new "All about Dragons" but its all jumbled up, making it hard to follow and some of it doesn't make sense. But I think I got the basic ideal form it.

As for Liz I wasn't sure how she would get in contact with her Patron so I decided that her Overseer was also her Archfey Patron. I then dropped her in a cave out in the middle of no where with on one around her. I picked the Brass dragon because of it likes to talk to....a lot. Social butterfly vs. social recluse. That was my ideal behind Liz.

I have a question about dragons. If the dragons familiar/bonded person uses magic can that person teach their dragon to use magic also?
Old Oct 23rd, 2015, 11:39 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoozombie View Post
I just read the new "All about Dragons" but its all jumbled up, making it hard to follow and some of it doesn't make sense. But I think I got the basic ideal form it.
Humm... that wasn't supposed to be visible and I'm still slicing and dicing from it. I'll fix that so I don't confuse anyone.

Quote:
As for Liz I wasn't sure how she would get in contact with her Patron so I decided that her Overseer was also her Archfey Patron. I then dropped her in a cave out in the middle of no where with on one around her. I picked the Brass dragon because of it likes to talk to....a lot. Social butterfly vs. social recluse. That was my ideal behind Liz.

I have a question about dragons. If the dragons familiar/bonded person uses magic can that person teach their dragon to use magic also?
Not really... the two systems are (and have been traditionally) not really compatible.
Dragon magic comes directly from their magical nature. Though, as some dragons age, they can learn something of human's magic which comes from 'the weave', 'the pattern', basically an understanding of the universe.
Humans can not however do dragon magic.
Dragons that have 'become' human still can do dragon magic.

I hope that helps!

- Savy
Old Oct 24th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Yes it does. Thanks!!!
Old Oct 25th, 2015, 09:48 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 40802
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Thanks again for letting me in!

I'm going to start writing up the full character sheet in the next day or two. Should we follow the basic character creation rules, or will there be some kind of "level zero" rules, since our classes are 'intended'? In particular, should I be picking spells?
Old Oct 26th, 2015, 02:41 AM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
My pleasure... and thank you for support and creating this game with me!!

Go ahead and write up your level one... basically your level one training and experience comes from your overseer.... and on a stretch, from the connection to your dragon (whichever one that really is)

Last edited by savoylen; Oct 26th, 2015 at 02:41 AM.
Old Oct 26th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I just looked over the new revised All about Dragons...WOW!!!!! Nicely done! Very informative and great pictures too.

I was looking over on how dragons mature. Not that it matters but it looks like a human(or similar life span) will only get to see their dragon only to the young adult age stage.(Or a dragon's familiar won't last past its young adulthood.) Is this correct?

Last edited by voodoozombie; Oct 26th, 2015 at 02:52 PM.
Old Oct 26th, 2015, 07:08 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I just looked over the new revised All about Dragons...WOW!!!!! Nicely done! Very informative and great pictures too.

I was looking over on how dragons mature. Not that it matters but it looks like a human(or similar life span) will only get to see their dragon only to the young adult age stage.(Or a dragon's familiar won't last past its young adulthood.) Is this correct?
Thanks! I'm pulling a mashup for this game, some of which we'll write (discover) together.

Yes, normally that's true. I loved you thought about this... good news, I have too. But I'll need to hang on to this issue for a bit yet.
Old Oct 27th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I was reading on what a dragon needs in order for it to advance to the next age stage/advance levels. They seem very high maintenance! I'm assuming that one of main jobs of a dragons familiar is to ensure that there is enough in the horde for the dragon to reach it's goals of maturing and growing in power? Wouldn't this eventually become a financial burden, trying to accumulate such growing amounts as the dragon matures and gets bigger? Sound like the familiar's are going to have their work cut out for them!

Last edited by voodoozombie; Oct 27th, 2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old Oct 27th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
LOL... yes, its not easy being green. ... or red, Gold, copper, bronze
Old Oct 27th, 2015, 09:46 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9594
Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon
Theran's Stats unless I mess up the dice tag
Dice Dun dun duuuuuuunnnn:
4d6kh3 3, 6, 1, 1 (keeping 1,3,6) Total = 10
4d6kh3 2, 1, 2, 3 (keeping 2,2,3) Total = 7
4d6kh3 2, 6, 3, 6 (keeping 3,6,6) Total = 15
4d6kh3 3, 6, 6, 2 (keeping 3,6,6) Total = 15
4d6kh3 1, 6, 1, 6 (keeping 1,6,6) Total = 13
4d6kh3 2, 1, 4, 6 (keeping 2,4,6) Total = 12
Old Oct 27th, 2015, 09:54 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 40802
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Not bad. Shockingly similar to the standard array.
Old Oct 27th, 2015, 10:53 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9594
Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon
lol

The 7 hurts a bit, but since I was planning to make him a dexxy little priest anyway, I can put that in Strength, and hope Savoylen isn't too harsh on the encumbrance rules...

The question is whether I put the 10 in CON or CHA (which will be answered by whether or not we get any dedicated face types.)
Closed Thread