Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > Game Rules
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 11-11-2017, 06:17 PM
site dinosaur

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: -10113
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin
5e resources?

I'm struck by how varied in quality the online SRDs and other resources are for 5e. It seems that some have made Player's Handbook information available, and others haven't. Some are organized, others not much more than lists. Some have spells, others not so much.

Please show me the flaws in my research...point me to the most complete 5e SRD available online? (Player's perspective only.) Thanks!

Used (to a greater or lesser degree) so far:

D&D Beyond
D&D 5e Wiki
WotC SRD (used here)
d20 SRD 5e (...he did such a great job on his 3.5e one, this is really disappointing)

Old 11-12-2017, 04:24 PM
I'm really not that cool.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4706
loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock
I don't think that 5e has a system reference document floating around, as the open license doesn't really exist in the same way anymore.

Most of the stuff that's in the various fan collected documents is from some promotional stuff that they released in the early days. As such, there isn't really a way to add to it without opening yourself up to some legal problems or indulging fan made content exclusively... which is hit or (mostly) miss

Which is a shame; 5th edition is the most elegant edition of D&D by a long shot.
-#577 From The Canonical List of Famous Last Words
Old 11-13-2017, 11:45 AM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56111
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
There are less than legal SRDs sitting around that compile everything published (UA included, whcih not even D&D Beyond can claim), and there are the Basic Rules. They contain one option per class, minimal monsters, and basically everything you need to run the game. You can find the Basic Rules usable without buying anything on D&D Beyond, thus making the site somewhat feasible even if you aren't willing to toss around needless amounts of money for books you might already own. From the Basic Rules the OGL continues to exist, which is not nearly so expansive as the 3e one that Pathfinder runs on.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:56 PM
site dinosaur

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: -10113
ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin ridin gaijin
Thanks very much folks.

heyyyyy loki
Old 11-13-2017, 09:27 PM
I'm really not that cool.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4706
loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock
Yeah, you got me on my once every couple of months lurk.
-#577 From The Canonical List of Famous Last Words