OOC Without a doubt the least original OOC thread name ever. - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: N-R > Obeisance
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Moosen!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 146
GetSomeLeaves GetSomeLeaves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesch View Post
In all fairness talking isn't any of our strong suits (mechanically at least. The diplomacy skill is wonky anyway).
Haha, I had a reply written with a bunch of sarcasm that was meant to be purely a joke, but I reread it and realized that it would have come off really bad.

Do any of you have that problem too? I'm a pretty sarcastic guy in my every day life and it almost always goes off without a hitch. The written word is a little harder to convey sarcasm and I've gotten into trouble multiple times by trying to be funny on Facebook or AIM or on forums. Maybe I'll start to use [sarcasm][/sarcasm] to indicate my ironic statements,
Old 02-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14807
Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu
I have never had that problem. Ever.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 223
Slolivin Slolivin Slolivin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSomeLeaves View Post
Haha, I had a reply written with a bunch of sarcasm that was meant to be purely a joke, but I reread it and realized that it would have come off really bad.

Do any of you have that problem too? I'm a pretty sarcastic guy in my every day life and it almost always goes off without a hitch. The written word is a little harder to convey sarcasm and I've gotten into trouble multiple times by trying to be funny on Facebook or AIM or on forums. Maybe I'll start to use [sarcasm][/sarcasm] to indicate my ironic statements,
This had me laughing out loud, literally let out a chuckle on my couch. All i can say is glad i'm not the only one. I love the sarcasm tags, i'm going to start using them.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:26 AM
dilige et quod vis fac

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8103
ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb ByronBulb
Ok! I've de-ridiculized un-ridculoused reduced to utter ********, as opposed to super-mega-ultra-kamehameha ********fixed Ashwoaden.

I have a suggestion for an object of power, Snickersnack.

-Beast's aspect talisman-
Around Ashwoaden's throat hangs a carved wooden charm on a leather thong. It's wooden, roughly carved features resemble a snarling beast, indistinct - yet somehow familiar. The surface feels alive and warm to the touch, if held for long enough a slow, pulsing beat can be felt from the talisman. The wild magic in the carving changes it's wearer's nature, making them more basic. Primal.
Abilities: when worn the talisman provides it's wearer with a bite attack and two claws appropriate for their size.
Additionally, the wearer recieves a +2 bonus on uses of the Handle Animal and Survival skills, while taking a -4 penalty to all other social skills.

EDIT: Maybe it could grant scent as well? I'm not sure if that'd be asking too much.

Last edited by ByronBulb; 02-24-2011 at 05:27 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:58 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu Craigthulu
I looked back at the armor section and realized I am looking for a +1 wild chain [B]shirt[B] not chain mail.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Looking through the character sheets we have two evil players, two good players, and a true neutral. I am almost in hysterics thinking about the group dynamic already. Especially since are ranger is the only person who put any points into charisma.

I promise not to eat any of the group members except under the following conditions

1. If they are already dead, and Squalo decides to eat them to avoid starvation.
2. If Squalo takes levels of Highlander then he will eat people to gain there power.
3. If at any point a character begins to baste themselves in meat tenderizer and Franks Red Hot Sauce.
4. If a character is unconscious in a bucket of chum, with fried baby monk seals as a side dish. I could not be in character and hold myself back.

Here are a list of reasons that I will not eat another party member for any reason.
1. If they become an elemental.
2. If at any point a character takes on the likeness of Mach Man Randy Savage they will be exempt for the entire game. OH YEA! CAN YOU DIG IT?
3. Anyone willing to carry a portable aquarium of appropriate size will not be cannibalized.
4. Any characters involved in reenacting any scene from star wars, commando, naked gun, or terminator 2 will be exempt from cannibalization for the entire game.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
mmm, Franks Red Hot Sauce. I had that for the first time 2 weeks ago, I know I've been missing out. Wow, I am addicted already. Best stuff ever!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Mister President

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1708
Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch
So what would you do if you came across a dead Macho Man Randy Savage elemental basted in meat tenderizer and Frank's Red Hot Sause in a bucket of chum with fried baby monk seals as a side dish whose last words were "Remember when I told you I'd kill you last? I lied. Look into your heart Luke, you know it to be true. I'll be back!"?
Old 02-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
In that case he is guilty of three infractions on each list but, as everyone knows "DON"T TRUST THE MACHO MAN!". He could be faking his death.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Moosen!

Tools
User Statistics
All I know is that Coleman was gonna go to the Tashi Station to pick up some power converters before he signed up for this mission. Also his daughter was kidnapped, his middle name is Leslie, and he's from the future where humans are in a war with machines.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:56 AM
Moosen!

Tools
User Statistics
Just wanted to let you know that I will be going on an impromptu ski trip to New Hampshire on Friday for a week. I have checked the website for where we're going and they offer free internet so I should still be able to post all week long, I just might not be on as much. At the same time, who knows what I'll be doing, so I might not get to post.

In summary, there shouldn't be any problems, but just wanted to warn you that there might be.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:39 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
There was a death in the family recently, give it some time.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Mister President

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1708
Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch Alesch
Wow Craig. Someday I believe that you'll gain the ability to open your mouth without immediately sticking your foot in it. Today is not that day.

:P
Old 02-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I spent almost an hour trying to figure out why everyone has exactly one more ability point than I do. I don't know why it took me so long to realize that you are all level 4 +.

Last edited by Craigthulu; 02-27-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
So starting to believe craig here. Been a week now and nothing. And people aren't posting in here. I fear the game is going down hill. Hopefully snicker comes back soon to right the ship!!!