Game Thread Crossroads - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Crossroads
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #136  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Alexader's Avatar
Alexader Alexader is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-24-2013
RPXP: 886
Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader
Posts: 3,868
Tired of waiting for word from the scouts or anyone else moving forward, Moradin began making his way down the tunnel until he came upon the small but obviously compact young woman, "What ye be finding girl?", he asked taking a look for himself his affinity for dark caves and tunnels allowing him to see as clearly as day.

He had never been one for stealth, and it had never really done him wrong in the past. "Yer a sneaky one girl, though I doubt it will be doing us much good here it might come in handy later."





 



OOCHad him moving up last post, but forgot to update map and looking at the map it appears as if were all just waiting. meh, hes not just going to stand there and wait.

Last edited by Alexader; 02-05-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-08-2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
Carroway quietly thanked the merchant for the potion he took, his injuries mostly just superficial now. Subdued, he spends guarding the trapdoor, his bow out and ready for problems.

When the fire ants appear he manages to fire an arrow to strike one down, and is glad when that seems to discourage more from pursuing.

At the words from Brad he nods his head, the decision made for them. He gestures that they should go ahead of him, down the tunnel. There would be no exit from here, and no real gain in watching the trapdoor compared to simply attacking from down the tunnel itself.

He stays where he is, waiting for them to get a good way ahead before following, walking backwards to watch for movement from the trapdoor.
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Valeur's Avatar
Valeur Valeur is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-20-2015
RPXP: 454
Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur
Posts: 1,564
Not eager to face the guards above - even though, as far as she knows, they've done nothing wrong - Azura follows Carroway and Moradin down the tunnel. Her face is drawn into a grimace when looking at the dead firebeetles, and takes great effort to not step in any of the carcasses. Disgusting!
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:45 AM
epelj1's Avatar
epelj1 epelj1 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-01-2020
RPXP: 1190
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Posts: 5,248
As Jaya reloads her crossbow, she quietly responds, "More things for your sack," before
Dice Stealth:
1d20+11 (1)+11 Total = 12
slipping off over the rocks. Keeping an
Dice Perception:
1d20+7 (17)+7 Total = 24
+1 for Sensing Traps.
eye out for anything suspicious as she makes her way down. Hey eyes, drawn to the heaps of books.
OOCJaya's continuing on. If there's something worth mentioning, she'll come back and alert the group, otherwise, she'll be out ahead. Point being, don't just wait for her.
__________________
Torn City
-=- RL rolled at crit, trying to pick up the pieces. Please post without me. -=-
| Amaru - Potions - Dungeon Dive |
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:21 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
As Jaya slowly picks her way down the narrow passage, the extent of the room becomes clear. It's atleast 60 feet square and has an old dusty bed in one corner and a weapon rack full of expensive looking gear on the north wall. Three chests are in the center of the room, one is open and empty looking.

But, the two most interesting aspects of the room are this:

1. The far wall is translucent much like the trap door at the Green Dragon with this one showing a dimly lit room on the other side.

2. Three animated skeletons equipped with bows begin obviously tracking your movement. As you get close to the room's formal edge, they draw an arrow in unison and hold it to the bow, not yet drawing.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:37 PM
epelj1's Avatar
epelj1 epelj1 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-01-2020
RPXP: 1190
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Posts: 5,248
Slowly, Jaya backs away from the room, only taking her eyes off the skeletons long enough to secure her footing. Making her way back to Moridan, "Lots of gear, but 3 skeletons with bows. Tell the others. Send the elf, we'll send him in first." Turning away, she stops, and turns back to Moridan. "Wait. Let me have one of those beetles."

After passing the warning to Moridan, she works her way back down the rubble, not daring to go further than she had the first time. Watching the Skeletons, she tosses Moridan's beetle just a few feet in front of her.
__________________
Torn City
-=- RL rolled at crit, trying to pick up the pieces. Please post without me. -=-
| Amaru - Potions - Dungeon Dive |
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 02-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Alexader's Avatar
Alexader Alexader is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-24-2013
RPXP: 886
Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader
Posts: 3,868
"Ye be sure this be wise girl? We not be knowing what else be in this tunnel and we can be comin back tomorrow after we be having a chance to rest. These bones not be going anywhere." the dwarf replied with a shake of his head.

"We can be taking them, that be sure but a lucky shot from a bow can be the end of any of us. They be undead creatures, once rested I can be destroying them all without even entering the room, but I cannot be doing that until I be having a chance to rest. I also be having no more healing left in me for the day."
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 02-05-2013, 01:38 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
If the skeletons were capable of humor and had skin over their skulls, they might have smiled. As it is, they ignored the tossed beetles and kept focused on Jaya.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 02-05-2013, 01:50 PM
epelj1's Avatar
epelj1 epelj1 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-01-2020
RPXP: 1190
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Posts: 5,248
Jaya, seeing her idea fail, crouches next to the rocks. Elbows on her knees, and her chin in her hands, she stares at the skeletons, trying to figure out a way into the room. Giving up, she climbs back up the rubble. "Lets go." in a slightly defeated voice. She
Dice Stealth:
1d20+11 (18)+11 Total = 29
Dice Perception:
1d20+7 (6)+7 Total = 13
trudges on, north down the corridor.
OOCI'm done until everyone else catches up. I figure she stayed down there thinking until everyone was at the top of the slope.
__________________
Torn City
-=- RL rolled at crit, trying to pick up the pieces. Please post without me. -=-
| Amaru - Potions - Dungeon Dive |

Last edited by epelj1; 02-05-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 02-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-30-2020
RPXP: 11751
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 11,440
Bareris followed, well limped, Bloody effing vermin. the sneak and noticed the ever alert skeletons "Damn, I could have used that gear." As he trudged behind Jaya he tried to keep Perception
Dice Roll:
1d20+7 (13)+7 Total = 20

Dice Survival:
1d20+7 (13)+7 Total = 20

vigilant.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 02-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Statutory Plum's Avatar
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum is offline
Why not Zoidberg?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-06-2013
RPXP: 1384
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum
Posts: 1,963
With most of his companion moving down the hall, Ysuran looked at Baeris, he was limping and it appear to him that a beetle got a hold of his leg.Take this potion, I was going to give it to Jaya but she seems to avoid me like the plague, it should help with your leg at least a little.

I suppose I had better see what the ruckus down there is, no one need face danger alone.he muttered to himself. What is going on?Ysuran said to Moridin as many people seem gathered by an entrance to a room
__________________
I took an impromptu vacation from technology the last few days. I am back, refreshed, and ready to get caught up. I may be delayed but I am still around.

Thank you so much for your support and patience everyone!!!
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 02-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-30-2020
RPXP: 11751
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 11,440
Not used to friendliness, Bareris took the flask, gulped down his contents and burped loudly. Wiping his mouth he said "Thanks."
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 02-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Alexader's Avatar
Alexader Alexader is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-24-2013
RPXP: 886
Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader
Posts: 3,868
"There be a room here, with some nice looking gear and some undead guardians. We be thinking to bypass it for now and come back on the morrow once we be more rested. This tunnel be ending at the old Cayden Cailean Abbey, which doubles as a brewery, or used to anyways. It sits in the walled off section of town and this here tunnel be standing for several hunnerd years. Them skeletons will still be here in the morning after we be having a chance to recover," the dwarf explained before mumbling a few quick prayers and moving off down the corridor after Jaya.

Last edited by Alexader; 02-05-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 02-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Statutory Plum's Avatar
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum is offline
Why not Zoidberg?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-06-2013
RPXP: 1384
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum
Posts: 1,963
Hmm I don't know about you, but I do not like the idea of resting with the undead so close, they may spring an attack upon us while we sleep. You have a Paladin amongst you, do you not? perhaps he has some magics or abilities that would make quick work of them.Ysuran said in a concerned toneI know that you lot have fought quite the battle today but I would rest easier if they were destroyed.

Ysuran looked to his companions, He wasn't so foolish as to make battle with these things alone.
__________________
I took an impromptu vacation from technology the last few days. I am back, refreshed, and ready to get caught up. I may be delayed but I am still around.

Thank you so much for your support and patience everyone!!!

Last edited by Statutory Plum; 02-05-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 02-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Valeur's Avatar
Valeur Valeur is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-20-2015
RPXP: 454
Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur
Posts: 1,564
Even more foul creatures! Azura shook her head - what had originally had been a vague idea of adventure, had quickly turned into a parade of monstrous beings awaiting slaughter. Sure you have the stomach for the adventuring life, girl? she asked herself, while listening to her new friends' suggestions.

"I've little power left this day, but I agree with Ysuran. Sleeping near the undead sounds both unsafe and unhealthy."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:21 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB