Game Thread Chapter III | Minauros - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > In Plane Sight > ♥ Archives
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-23-2016, 11:52 PM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is offline
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-20-2020
RPXP: 28166
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 24,075
Chapter III | Minauros

Current Data
left-aligned image

Location: Minauros
Date: Day 5
Time: 0 Min.
Environment: Acid rain and harsh winds
Rain Status: Heavy


One minute they stood in Lefor, hands joined together on a cool but pleasant day. The next they were, well, in Hell again. At least one of it's outer planes. Abel had read the next incantation from the scroll they received at the Temple several days prior. Once done they all felt their bodies falling in an endless, black tunnel. Dizziness and nausea wracked them as they struggled to remain conscious. This was not how teleportation magic usually worked, but how often does one go to Hell?

The next moment (which felt like forever) you are on the plane of Minauros, an endless bog of vile pollution, harsh winds and acid rain. It pelts down on you like sharp darts over and over again. Some of you still feel the effects of the teleport spell and not everyone is standing up.

Around you, the surface is like a green marsh, soft but supporting your weight. If it is all like that remains unknown. The thought of sinking into it seems less than pleasant to say the least. A small brown hill is Westjust behind you a short distance. To Souththe right of that you can just make out what looks like a fissure in the ground, black and uninviting. You know the place you seek is something like a large mausoleum, but where it's located is anyone's guess.

OODMPlease read the OOC thread before you post.
Everyone needs to make some rolls:
1. REF Save DC 15 or you arrive Prone.
2. FORT Save DC 15 or you arrive with the below condition:
Ishona ♦ Fatigued ♦ Fatigued character can neither run nor charge and takes a –2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity.
Mylindra ♦ Nauseated ♦ Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, etc. and can only take a single move action per turn.
Avery ♦ Confused ♦ Confused creature is mentally befuddled and cannot act normally: If save fails, roll a D100
Abel ♦ Fatigued ♦ (as above)
Corbit ♦ Confused ♦ (as above)
The Acid Rain is currently Heavy. Everyone takes 9 HP Damage. No save for this. See the Status table below.


 

Status
Init MKR Name AC HP Status
xx Mylindra (OneD) 17 34/43 Injured
xx Ishona (Warden) 26 31/40 Injured
xx Abel (Xian) 15 23/32 Injured
xx Corbit (Kinder) 20 36/45 Injured
xx Avery (Ollie) 21 41/50 Injured
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NPC Damage: 1% to 50% = Injured | 51% to 75% = Serious | 76% to 99% = Critical
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems available are 3.5e, PF, 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Will you swear it? Take the Oath Here.
May 18, 2020: Moving on Thursday 5/21/20 - Everything on a BRIEF hold.
  #2  
Old 11-25-2016, 12:19 AM
OllieNorth's Avatar
OllieNorth OllieNorth is offline
Iran-Contra what?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-28-2018
RPXP: 6474
OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth
Posts: 5,430
Not everyone was standing, but Avery was embedded. A small groan was quickly followed by a string of invective strong enough to curl hairs and possibly boil some of the rain. From what little could be discerned, a good bit of the rain had made it inside his face plate, and the warrior was not pleased by the outcome. Another second or two of cursing and he began levering himself out of the dent he had made in the strange surface.

 
__________________
...then there was the time where we staged a play and then killed a dragon and I carried its head around for like a week and then some guy made me a spear out of it.
  #3  
Old 11-25-2016, 01:02 AM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2020
RPXP: 29424
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,894
Abel Van CroftThe transition to hell was less than pleasant... in fact it was downright horrible. Then again considering that they were going to Hell... willingly... again... what was one to expect? Still, even this recognition did not take the sting, both literal and figurative, of their arrival on the foul bog of a plane that was Minauros. First, the transition itself was mystical riptide that buffeted Abel's body and he was fatigued fighting against the astral currents that carried him to the plane in Hell. That much was okay... then came his best impression of a yard dart as he does a near face plant into ground to land in the most undignified position. Then to top it all off, the acid rain pelted him and literally burned away the exposed portions of his face, neck, and hands.

Looking over and seeing that Avery in much the same, if not worse of a predicament than he was, Abel only commented wryly.

"Well, I can see that this is going to go splendidly..." Abel thought it, but did not say 'that it could be worse'. They were in Hell... Of course it could be worse. "So I guess our first order of business is to get out of the flesh eating acid rain... so mound that looks like a dung hill or the dark fissure?"

"It looks like the mound is closer... shall we go there and see if it can provide shelter until the conditions are better or press for the dark fissure of doom? Since we are looking for a mausoleum, that would be where I would have one..."

OOC and Actions:Onward!

 
__________________
Posting Status: Apologies! Catching up after another unexpected medical-induced hiatus.
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
  #4  
Old 11-25-2016, 10:48 AM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2020
RPXP: 13414
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 9,017
Feels Homey...
left-aligned image
Mylindra already dreaded what was to come next when they prepared to read the next scroll that would take them back to the planes of hell, for the first such trip had been difficult to say the least. Not to be out done this second trip was
Dice ref save:
d20+3sch15 (5)+3 Total = 8
Dice fort save:
d20+6sch15 (9)+6 Total = 15
equally as disorienting as the last as she landed on her back upon the the green marshy like ground of this plane. The acidic nature of the rain quickly made itself apparent as it burned and irritated the skin where it touched her and Strun squawked in anger no less pleased than her. "Thats putting it mildly Abel, and for the love of the gods nobody look up and try to keep the rain from your eyes!"

Standing up she pulled up her thick hood over her head and secured Strun under the thick cloak portion in an overly large pocket which would at least give him a place to avoid the worst of the rain. While
Dice perception:
d20+18 (8)+18 Total = 26
she looked quickly around for some form of cover and taking in the mound and fissure that are nearby, she realized there weren't many obvious options nor any sign of the building they sought. With the closest object insight being the mound it seems the obvious place to head towards first.

"Our immediate concern should of course be cover of course if you think the mound might offer it than lets head there, at worse it will give us time to get our thoughts together without being burned to death by the acid rain."

Unless somebody says something to counter that opinion Mylindra joins the others in hustling towards the mound.


 
__________________
Posting Status: Posting is slower than usual, less free time, bear with me.
Life Update - Apr 29th: work is busy, posting delayed...

Last edited by OneDarkness; 11-25-2016 at 03:17 PM.
  #5  
Old 11-25-2016, 06:36 PM
Kinder's Avatar
Kinder Kinder is offline
Keeper of Secrets
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-28-2019
RPXP: 12723
Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder
Posts: 7,870
While some of the others were sent sprawling on the ground, Corbit stood on the ground looking toward the mound. Standing he did not say anything but was babbling under his breath with a blank expression on his face. As the acid rain fell and put holes in his fine clothing it did not seem to affect him, even though it scared his skin and burned. This was the first time his new companions did not see a smile on his face, just a look of confusion.

 


 
__________________
You Might Be A Redneck If...
You have said I do and not guilty on the same day.
  #6  
Old 11-27-2016, 02:09 AM
The Warden's Avatar
The Warden The Warden is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-20-2017
RPXP: 191
The Warden The Warden
Posts: 206
Ishona had spent much time preparing her soul for the journey to Hell, but it seemed that she hadn't prepared her body nearly enough. She was falling, her stomach turning and then she was laying flat, looking up at the sky. She blinked as the rain pelted her, leaking in around the visor to her helmet and sizzling on her smooth skin.

Quickly, or as quickly as one does while wearing plate armor, she scrambled to her feet. She picked up her shield and looked around at her companions. Abel suggested the mound and Ishona nodded.

"Does anyone need immediate aid before we move out?"


 

Last edited by The Warden; 11-27-2016 at 02:09 AM.
  #7  
Old 11-27-2016, 01:38 PM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is offline
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-20-2020
RPXP: 28166
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 24,075
Current Data
left-aligned image

Location: Minauros
Date: Day 5
Time: 10 Min.
Environment: Acid rain and harsh winds
Rain Status: Heavy


The first to land – and land hard – was one of the newest members, Avery. It took him a few minutes to gather himself and stand up, looking around. Next was Abel who did no better, in fact worse. Besides landing on his arse, the wizard was weak as well. For just how long was unsure, but he hoped it would pass. At least his mind was sharp and he asked the others about where they should go next in their search.

With the first experience just five days before, Mylindra dreaded this one and it proved worse. She also landed flat but at least the nauseating effects went away for her. Looking towards the closer formation – the small hill – the Druid suggested they go there. She could not be sure, but maybe there would be shelter. A few dark areas could be caves.
left-aligned image

The only one to end up on the plane standing was Corbit but he had his own difficulties. The Halfling seemed confused and just wandered in circles mumbling something about purple apes and pancakes.

Lastly Ishona joined the others and, like almost all the rest, was flat on the slimy, green surface. It took her some time to stand but she seemed normal at least. The Paladin inquired about everyone's condition.

It was clear that to move would require someone to assist Corbit. Even with Abel's weakness, everyone except the Rogue would be able to move on their own. Shelter was the objective and the hill the most likely goal. A good plan. But plans are sometimes changed. It was Mylindra's sharp eyes that first saw them, two large lizards coming towards you.


OODMOnly two PCs with conditions:
Abel ♦ Fatigued for ?? Min. -2 STR and DEX (-1 AC) but can fight
Corbit ♦ Confused for ?? Min -4 AC and unable to fight or defend himself
PCs don't know how long it may last and 10 min. pass for everyone to stand up and get organized.
Roll INIT and post round 1 actions please. No surprise round.
You may tell me the map grid where you want to start at.


 

Status
Init MKR Name AC HP Status
xx Mylindra (OneD) 17 34/43 Injured
xx Ishona (Warden) 26 48/52 Injured
xx Abel (Xian) 15(14) 23/32 Injured, Fatigued
xx Corbit (Kinder) 20(16) 36/45 Injured, Confused
xx Avery (Ollie) 21 41/50 Injured
22 Lizard 1 18 ?? Normal
22 Lizard 2 18 ?? Normal
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NPC Damage: 1% to 50% = Injured | 51% to 75% = Serious | 76% to 99% = Critical
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems available are 3.5e, PF, 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Will you swear it? Take the Oath Here.
May 18, 2020: Moving on Thursday 5/21/20 - Everything on a BRIEF hold.
  #8  
Old 11-27-2016, 02:18 PM
Kinder's Avatar
Kinder Kinder is offline
Keeper of Secrets
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-28-2019
RPXP: 12723
Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder
Posts: 7,870
Corbit wandered around in a circle, "need to make some pancakes for the big purple apes. Or was that to make purple ape pancakes. No no no, pancakes after the purple apes, purple pancakes for apes?" Pulling his rapier Corbit stabs at an invisible foe, "defend yourself you purple ape!!! You won’t be getting my pancakes!!! Ha ha!!!"



 



 
__________________
You Might Be A Redneck If...
You have said I do and not guilty on the same day.
  #9  
Old 11-30-2016, 03:15 PM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2020
RPXP: 13414
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 9,017
Feels Homey...
left-aligned image
movement drew her eyes and it wasn't long before she could make out the two large forms of
Dice know nature to identify:
d20+12 (9)+12 Total = 21
what looked to be lizardscharging towards their position. She highly doubted they were friendly and they weren't prepared for a fight, but still she
Dice initiative:
d20+2 (5)+2 Total = 7
shouted out warning to her companions. "Two big lizards heading this way, get ready!"

If she feels they could base don knowledge nature check whether calm animals spell might workpotentially be calmed then she lets the others know so they don't attack and attempts the casting against them. Otherwise she draws her scimitar and engages when they are close enough trying to stay between herself and her obviously delusional companion going on about pancakes and purple apes. If the opportunity presents itself and she wasn't able to calm them she attacks the first one that gets within range of them with her
Dice att:
d20+6sch18 (14)+6 Total = 20
Dice dmg if hits:
d6+3 (6)+3 Total = 9
shimmering scimitar.


 
__________________
Posting Status: Posting is slower than usual, less free time, bear with me.
Life Update - Apr 29th: work is busy, posting delayed...

Last edited by OneDarkness; 11-30-2016 at 03:22 PM.
  #10  
Old 12-01-2016, 03:07 AM
The Warden's Avatar
The Warden The Warden is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-20-2017
RPXP: 191
The Warden The Warden
Posts: 206
Ishona looks away from the others and towards the lizards descending on them. She draws her sword and hurries along after Corbit, who seems to not be in his right mind judging by his words and actions. "I will mind the halfling as best I can." She announced to the others while she positions herself near by; Ishona seems more interested in defending herself and Corbit than attacking the lizards.

 

Last edited by The Warden; 12-01-2016 at 03:12 AM.
  #11  
Old 12-02-2016, 11:19 AM
OllieNorth's Avatar
OllieNorth OllieNorth is offline
Iran-Contra what?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-28-2018
RPXP: 6474
OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth
Posts: 5,430
Blood, Steel, and Peppermint
Avery seemed to have recovered, setting himself solidly on his feet and resettling his armor with a bearlike roll of the shoulders. He took a moment to unwrap another peppermint candy, then carefully fold the wrapper and put it back in his pouch. The dully glittering banded mail seemed surprisingly un-marred by the festivities so far, and the wolf's head on his flail seemed nearly . . . hungry. The biting rain seemed to simply shed itself as off a duck's back, and a glimmer had begun to build in the large man's eyes.

Even as Ishona began to draw her sword, Avery was at her side, snarling wolf's head swinging casually at the end of the flail as he brought his shield up to the ready. A close observer would swear the the steel tongue of the flail was lolling in anticipation. A moment's consideration, however, and he hung the flail from his belt, set his shield at his feet, and unlimbered his shortbow. The twined serpents of the bow seemed to writhe slightly as he flexed it to test the draw.

"Whaddaya think Ish? Bet I could put this in that one's eye from here..."

 

__________________
...then there was the time where we staged a play and then killed a dragon and I carried its head around for like a week and then some guy made me a spear out of it.
  #12  
Old 12-03-2016, 01:31 PM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2020
RPXP: 29424
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,894
Abel Van Croft"Maybe they just want to talk?" Abel noted sarcastically as the pair of lizard charged towards them communicating his obvious pessimism. This was hell, even the environment had it out for them, it was unlikely that these lizards would be any different. "Yes, Avery let's see if we can soften them up a bit before they here..."

With Abel recalled the words of power and waited for the proper moment to unleash fiery havoc.

OOC and Actions:
Dice Abel Initiative:
1d20+3 (5)+3 Total = 8

Readied Action: Cast Fireball on the Lizards (pair) if it does not endanger the group (too close)
Dice Fireball Damage DC 17 Reflex Save for Half:
5d6 1, 4, 6, 2, 3 Total = 16



 
__________________
Posting Status: Apologies! Catching up after another unexpected medical-induced hiatus.
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
  #13  
Old 12-05-2016, 12:34 AM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is offline
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-20-2020
RPXP: 28166
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 24,075
Current Data
left-aligned image

Location: Minauros
Date: Day 5
Time: 10 Min. (Round 2)
Environment: Acid rain and harsh winds
Rain Status: Heavy


The giant lizards approached, one close enough to attack but both now clearly visible to everyone. Avery was the closest target and the reptiles huge maw tried to make a meal of the man. The Fighter was quick to avoid its sharp teeth. It was unfortunate that Avery had just brought out his bow with the beast now right before him.

When the confused Corbit moved forward talking about pancakes and apes, Ishona went to his side to protect and defend both he and herself. How long would this affliction last?

Then there was a sudden wave of heat that went past the three adventures out front followed by a loud WHOOOOSH and a fiery blast before them. Abel had cast a spell and only one of the lizards was able to partly avoid it.

To the Druid they looked like just what they were; giant lizards. She moved up like the Paladin had to try and protect the Pancake Chef. As she arrived, Mylindra swung at the second reptile and sliced into its face. Her scimitar getting warm from the Wizard's fireball Spell.

OODMAbel ♦ Fatigued for ?? Min. -2 STR and DEX (-1 AC) but can fight
Corbit ♦ Confused for ?? Min -4 AC and unable to fight or defend himself
Ollie, does your AC drop to 19 without your shield?
K: Nature: It's a giant Lizard. Yes, Animal but they have been attacked already.


 

Status Round 2
Init MKR Name AC HP Status
22 Lizard 1 18 -16 Injured
22 Lizard 2 18 -17 Injured
18 Avery (Ollie) 21 41/50 Injured
11 Ishona (Warden) (30) 26 48/52 Injured, AC+4
11 Corbit (Kinder) 20 (16) (18) 36/45 Injured, Confused, AC+2
8 Abel (Xian) 15(14) 23/32 Injured, Fatigued
7 Mylindra (OneD) 17 34/43 Injured
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NPC Damage: 1% to 50% = Injured | 51% to 75% = Serious | 76% to 99% = Critical
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems available are 3.5e, PF, 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Will you swear it? Take the Oath Here.
May 18, 2020: Moving on Thursday 5/21/20 - Everything on a BRIEF hold.

Last edited by Digorig; 12-07-2016 at 03:08 PM.
  #14  
Old 12-05-2016, 05:02 PM
Kinder's Avatar
Kinder Kinder is offline
Keeper of Secrets
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-28-2019
RPXP: 12723
Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder
Posts: 7,870
Corbit stabs again at the imaginary purple ape and then ducks down low. "Ah ha, ye missed me that time my purple foe and ye still did not get me pancakes!!!" Holding his left hand close to his chest as if he was holding a plate or a platter, Corbit stabs again and again at his imaginary foe with a gleam I his eyes as if this were some type of game.



 



 
__________________
You Might Be A Redneck If...
You have said I do and not guilty on the same day.
  #15  
Old 12-05-2016, 05:23 PM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2020
RPXP: 13414
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 9,017
Feels Homey...
left-aligned image
With the determination that battle was inevitable now and with no clear area to retreat too, Mylindra focused on her opponent before her which was a giant lizard. Watching for an opening she darted forward suddenly and
Dice attack lizard 2:
d20+6sch18 (8)+6 Total = 14
lashed out at the quick moving lizard hoping to strike again and discourage the lizard from continuing its attack, but her blade skidded across its reptilian hide as her strike wound up being ill timed.


 
__________________
Posting Status: Posting is slower than usual, less free time, bear with me.
Life Update - Apr 29th: work is busy, posting delayed...

Last edited by OneDarkness; 12-05-2016 at 05:24 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:57 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB