RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-27-2020, 02:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2625
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaerdis View Post
Incorrect.

You spend three points into dexterity to go from 12 to 15. You factor in racial modifiers after you point-buy. Here is a helpful website for calculating points.
Thanks! The racial part I understood, but I felt dumb about how the 15 pt worked with the stats my cambion started with.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:45 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13354
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanir View Post
Ysolde, I intended Thoriel to be an Oracle (Life) and not a Cleric because it suits his backstory better. Perhaps you could correct this in the applications table, unless you would like me applying with a cleric. Since the Movanic Deva has a CR of 10 he probably gets 4 levels of Oracle, right?
Yes and fixed.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:52 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7115
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Without linking a character sheet, my app is done and ready for review. In specific, I wish to know if sublime is a bit too much for a template.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:27 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 64400
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
(thanks to you all for some ideas, and Leo for a kick in the pants to break the writer's block)

Name: Tanzi Nevega
Racial Makeup: Blodeuwedd
Class: Druid: Menhir Savant (domain druid, no animal companion)
Description: Tanzi is stereotypical Fey, ripped from the fairy tales told to children in gypsy caravans; but aren't they all? She's a slight thing, barely five feet tall, and lithe, as expected of the Fey. She dresses in silks, spun so soft they almost whisper. It's said she keeps a pouch of silkworms, to mend her clothing every night. Cornflower blue sleeves over a midnight black vest, and dark, verdant green leggings, dyed so that it appears exactly like splotches of lichen have dotted it.

Tanzi has hair the color and texture of velvety moss, grey-green and pale. Her skin is tanned, the color of dark wheat before harvest, with a touch of glow like the sun in autumn. An eldritch serenity graces her countenance as she looks over her beloved steppes, caretaker to all who reside within. A gentle wind whispers around her feet as patches of clover, heather, and milkweed mark her every step, growing behind her every motion, only to fade as she passes further away. Anywhere but Hell, they would flower and thrive, but here, they will wither unless carefully nurtured by the savanna fey.

Background:
Tanzi has changed, since her self-imposed Exile to the Kingdom of Etienne. Where she was once a proud, overzealous guardian of the prairies, she has over her two centuries in Hell become more mellow. Where Tanzi once meddled in the affairs of men, advising kings and dabbling in politics, she now realizes that her actions then only exacerbated the ruins of her lands that were to come. The plains dryad had taken a more aggressive approach to protecting her lands than others, terrorizing early settlers and explorers who encroached, fiercely guarding her land from their plows and plowshares. When that failed to slow the tide of mankind, she began to ally herself with other kingdoms of men, pitting one against the other, playing on their petty fears and greed. Subtle machinations, and Nature's wrath in the form of her Monstrous Allies, she sent into the nearby kingdoms. She had hoped, perhaps, that the kingdoms of men would war with one another, and eradicate themselves, but instead...the kingdoms squabbles boiled over, out of her control. War began, a horrible war larger than any mankind had seen in a thousand years. Armies and mages ran wild across her own steppes, and when the terrible magic was gone, and all that remained were the dead, and the crows. Her once vibrant homeland and protectorate was a barren, destroyed land where nothing would live for a century or more. The land was as dark as her heart had been.

Bereft of her home, all her charges slain, all life that she nourished now a salted wasteland, watered only by warrior's blood, she tried to end her life, but failed. The attempt, however, drew the attention of Queen Etienne, who had need of such faux-mortals as Tanzi. Through her agents, the fey was brought to the border of Dinnaria and given safe passage by the Queen Arjana. Tanzi was given a patch of land near the border, where the magic of the mortal realms leaked through into Hell, and allowed to flourish it for decades. The land, and Tanzi's soul (if Fey have souls) grew brighter together, and she protected it fiercely, but without the hatred and darkness in her heart. That had been burned to ash, like the verdant grass of her original homeland.

Decades after Tanzi's arrival, Seikarath approached Tanzi's meadows, in search of herbs and mushrooms that she had heard might grow there. Rare were the healing plants that grew in Etienne's demesne, but word of the dryad's patch of land had spread. The healer and the earth healer found they had much in common, and free exchange of nature's bounty was given by the fey, who felt the first gentle wash of forgiveness in the words, and touch, of the alchemist. Over the following decades, Seikarath was a yearly visitor to the gradually expanding meadows, tended by the Fey, and gradually, Tanzi left her meadows to visit Seikarath in Mushroom Town, always bearing a few rare roots and seedlings, and Tanzi's earth magic to make them grow, even in Seikarath's city garden.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:53 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Could always think of a silly concept and rein it in from there. Whether or not my app is a good example, Bennunessa is something like an aspiring idol-singer as one of the best demonic races for it.

Last edited by Vaerdis; 01-27-2020 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:07 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20631
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
@Dirk: I'd be happy to brainstorm with you. Can you give a vague outline about ideas you already had for your character? What class have you chosen? Without some idea of what you have so far it would be difficult to give suggestions. I'd be happy to collab on a soft joint app if you want to include tie-ins to Kyle and Klarissa (His Eidolon)

If this can inspire you, Kyle used to be a murder hobo, killing and torturing mooks. Then he met Klarissa, a fellow Kyton. He fell in love with her, but her inner light began to seep and infect him. She was not thoroughly evil and together, they became Dexter types, in that they only murdered and tortured evil-doers.

Once they arrived in Etienne, they began to work as bounty hunters of a sort. Their tie in to Seikarath is that they would bring injured non-evils to her for healing and nursing, etc...

If you can find a way to tie in with this in some way? Perhaps your character is a fellow bounty hunter? Perhaps a past rescue of Kyle's? Any of these options could see him be any of the allowed types, but maybe it could be interesting if your character were some sort of angelic type. Maybe your character could have helped nudge Kyle further from the darkness...

Just some ideas.

A few additional questions for the GM:

1] What are starting Hit Points? Rolled? Max? Other?

2] Would you consider using the Feat Tax Fix?

3] Would you allow Background Skills

4] Is pre-game Crafting allowed?

Last edited by LeoByron; 01-28-2020 at 12:35 AM.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:23 AM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
A few additional questions for the GM:

1] What are starting Hit Points? Rolled? Max? Other?

2] Would you consider using the Feat Tax Fix?

3] Would you allow Background Skills

4] Is pre-game Crafting allowed?
1) Max First level and either average +1 or rolled thereafter (Please don't roll here)

2) At that point I'd basically be moving this to Pathfinder 2E, so not yet maybe when I get a better feel for 2E...

3) Sure 2 background skills
Old 01-28-2020, 12:32 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Are the divine fighting technique feats kosher? Specifically Way of the Shooting Star?
Old 01-28-2020, 08:05 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Kyle Kinkade is officially complete.

I added a much shorter version of his bio in case his original background was too long. His character sheet is included in a link under his name. It is complete save for gear, since I am not certain if we get full wealth for EL14 and whether or not we can craft gear before game start for a juicy discount.

I am not sure if I made him too powerful, but I am willing to adjust to fit the group if I am chosen and will take any necessary measures to ensure he is balanced with the other characters. I went as far as I could within the theme I liked for him, but can scale back the companions if needed.

For completely fluff reasons, I made the two top faces in Kyle's character portrait as 2 of his companions, and the 2 skulls in Klarissa's portrait as well.

I gave Kyle a sort of dichotomous theme of light and dark, Fire and cold and this is reflected in his, and his companion's, abilities.

Last edited by LeoByron; 01-28-2020 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2625
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Well, my sheet is also done. For wealth, I went by level 14. The only thing missing on my sheet is hit points.
Old 01-28-2020, 11:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1235
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Let us know when acceptances are done; I'll build out a character sheet if accepted. Thanks for the consideration.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:48 AM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
Just in case question 4 was missed in my last query (I edited it in after the fact so it may have been, I wondered if crafting Feats can reduce the cost of equipment.

Would you allow crafting as much as we want at 50% cost within the scope of our item creation Feats?

If that seems like a bit much, might I point you to Magic Item Creation; Adjusting Character wealth by level?

It suggests that it may be reasonable to allow for some extra wealth for crafting feats, from 25 to 50% more to reflect those items crafted by the character as he or she progressed.

I might suggest that having 1 or 2 creation feats would grant 25% extra wealth used exclusively for crafting? 3 or more could give 50% more?

What sounds reasonable? I'm ok if it's 0.
Old 01-29-2020, 06:30 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 380
Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth
I think you missed my application, it's on the first page.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:23 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Just in case question 4 was missed in my last query (I edited it in after the fact so it may have been, I wondered if crafting Feats can reduce the cost of equipment.

Would you allow crafting as much as we want at 50% cost within the scope of our item creation Feats?

If that seems like a bit much, might I point you to Magic Item Creation; Adjusting Character wealth by level?
Going to have to go with no on that one. Could lead to a bit more power than I want.

Quote:
I think you missed my application, it's on the first page.
I did. Anyone else please let me know if you updated something that was a WIP or interest into a full fledged character and I'll add to the table.

Quote:
Let us know when acceptances are done; I'll build out a character sheet if accepted. Thanks for the consideration.
I will in PM and here. Just going to give this a bit more time before I head over into reading through these in full and making decisions.

Last edited by Ysolde; 01-29-2020 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:50 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Eleishar
Quote:
Kyle Kinkade is officially complete.
Which part of "No Racial Hit Dice = No Racial Features" you didn't understand?

I wanted to try, but with so many candidates I don't think I could get on board.