Game Thread Act 17 Scene 3 A Walk in the Park - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Hall of Fame > Hall of Fame Games > Previous Inductees > 2007 > Dark*Matter: The Hoffmann Institute
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-19-2020, 09:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14305
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben

"Didja see 'em runnin, eh? I tink them Howlin' Jobbies want be back san, eh?"
Magnus gave a look full of distaste to the pile of putrescence that had been an attacking Wendigo. Not sure about that. If they're certain types of predators then you're probably right. If they have some kind of warrior clan or are supernatural predators driven by uncontrollable hunger? They'll come back with friends. I think we need to get out of their area as soon as possible.

Despite his own weakness, pain, fuzzy head and more, the old warrior began reloading first his weapon, then the makeshift sled.

If we have a pot or anything we can put some coals in it under some moss. It'll keep and make a firestarter down the road. Also best to throw any gathered wood on the sled. I'll see to the skinny technomancer there. He offered a little advice to get some help and get them on the road again. The stop hadn't been long enough. But he'd rather stumble out of the hills minus a few toes, than end up a permanent part of the landscape, or wendio-poop. Neither one sounded like a great plan.

The last thing he put on the sled, was the exhausted and worn out young lady with the punk hair and even punkier attitude.

Last edited by savoylen; 03-23-2020 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:25 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10630
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen

Last edited by savoylen; 03-19-2020 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:52 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
It wasn't but a few moments later when the howls of the two creatures to the northwest where join by several others further away to the south. Then seconds later more joined in as if answering but this time from the northeast. Now those were join but there were so many of them that the direction was unclear.

The team was surrounded and they were getting closer. Even the cracking tree sounds were starting to get louder and louder.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:01 PM
Lucky Sevens

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1552
Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2

Reuben's laughter died out as the cries began to approach. A grim smile flickered across his lips. "Ah guess Ah was wrang, Magnus. Aam settin' an ambush. His attempts to tread lightly out into the woods might have worked if it were a dark alley in Glasgow. The sticks and leaves underneath along with the heavy snow cover made him stumble and curse, betraying his position to the incoming creatures.

Old 03-21-2020, 11:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Magnus felt all of the aches, pains, and weariness come crashing down again before he had everything packed and ready to go. He went ahead and placed the lass with the weak knees in the sled anyway. This doesn't look good for us. I know you're a little rubbery in the knees, but can you lift an aim a weapon?

Without waiting for a reply, he moved a bag and lifted his old blanket to reveal a long slender tube in some boxy contraption with a lens angled out above three strange buttons. It looks like a fire and forget kind of toy, wait until you see a good sized bunch of them. I'd guess one red triangle activates it, two triangles will lock onto whatever the reticle is covering, and three will send a nice little package for their stockings. Aim for the middle of them but make sure you have the reticle on one of them and not the landscape behind them. I'll try and keep em busy for you.

Last edited by savoylen; 03-23-2020 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:24 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2307
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Death Otter had recovered a bit by the time she'd been put on the sled, but she still couldn't move her legs. She took the weapon and nodded, then said, "Fire."

She coughed and got a better grip on the 'nice little package.' "Did we get anything we can make fire out of? Even like...cooking fuel or...spark off a battery to light torches. We need something to keep them away, not just kill a few of them at a time. Otherwise..."

Now Otter paused thoughtfully. "...otherwise, we need something to make them all get in a big pack. Like bait."

Last edited by savoylen; 03-23-2020 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:19 AM
Lucky Sevens

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1552
Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2

"Weel, since Ah cannae sneak fur jobby in thes snaw anyway, aam yer cheil Otter. Can ye pit yer hex oan them Doc an' make me swatch tasty fur th' big white mingin' freaks?"

Reuben moved into the clearing below the fire and started stretching, his breath exhaling in clouds of white steam. A corner of his mouth turned up in a smile. I dinnae gnaw if this'll work, but at least ahm not cooped up innae Lab 'er Plane!

Old 03-23-2020, 08:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Magnus decided it was time to Blood Rune Ward for +3 armor. 11/16/21 Not sure if that requires a roll but here it goes taking time for an extra step.
Dice nordic theism:
d20 18
d6 2
go old school. He bit at the barely scabbed area of his thumb, and used the newly blooded digit to spread red lines of runes on his forhead, chest, and arms. As he did so he chanted a handful of runes over and over until the blood seemed to almost spread a glow over his body.

Last edited by savoylen; 03-23-2020 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics

Old 03-24-2020, 03:17 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25717
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
After a quick look at the creature corpse, the good doctor is preparing herself for the worst. Unfortunately, since they crashed she has been pretty much useless in that environment. She shot one of the beasts earlier, but it sounds like it was in vain as there's so many of them surrounding the group. - " Sorry... I have no trick in my sleeves against hungry hypertrophic quadruped mutants. " Not much she can do except shoot at the next beast that will show up. There's no time for her to deal with Otter's condition at the moment.

Last edited by MoonZar; 03-24-2020 at 03:49 AM.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
They came in all at once and from all directions. Somehow these large creatures jump and crawled through the tops of the trees and rocks to move, and move fast they did. Even as the group started to move, the howling stops as the creatures came from all sides.

[Action Scene]
[Action Check]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a17s3r0b.PNG
Views:	35
Size:	990.4 KB
ID:	83604  

Last edited by savoylen; 03-28-2020 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Old 03-26-2020, 10:07 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Old 03-26-2020, 03:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Try and bunch em for Otter okay Reuben? I'll try and get the other side invested in the idea. Hel, they're probably a little angry with me already. Plus, I have a little buffer against those claws. Not much, but a little. Remember that when they charge me Otter. I have some minor protection that they don't. If you have to, shoot the whole damned lot of us. Timbre! Stick with the ladies. GUARD! Magnus stretched and willed his
Dice resilience:
d20 2
d4 2
fatigue away again.

With the submachine gun in hand, and a couple of makeshift mellee weapons in his belt, the scarred and war-weary old soldier walked toward the three menaces approaching from the side opposite Reuben and his three.

Last edited by savoylen; 03-26-2020 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:39 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2307
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
"Shoot the lot of you sounds pretty dumb when you're the only way I can move," Otter grumped. She lifted the improvised explosive device to her shoulder to aim as best she could.

"And this had better not go off on me when I try to shoot it. Or...I'll write a very strongly worded letter FROM WHEREVER I AM WHEN THE SIMULATION ENDS."

Last edited by savoylen; 03-27-2020 at 10:29 AM.