DnD5e Dragons of the Dark Void - The Rise of Takhisis - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Nov 15th, 2021, 07:34 AM
Imaginary Friend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1269
ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining
After completing my character generation (using the standard array), I had a bunch of languages and no explanation of how I knew them... so I flushed out my backstory to explain knowing elvish, dwarvish, and orc. Just FYI.
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 08:39 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4165
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
-Placeholder for Application-
Do you have an idea for a deadline(ish) ?
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 09:02 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1555
Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer
Not set in stone yet but likely to be mid-December-ish subject to change dependent on how many applications I get.
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 09:36 AM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2674
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Is this game suitable for people who have no real knowledge of Krynn.
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 09:38 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3031
Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7
Application

right-aligned image

Name: Zyndan Darawyn
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Druid
Alignment: True Neutral
Background: Criminal (Burglar)
Personality Traits:
- I always seem to get in over my head. Probably because I find it hard to say ‘No’.
- Life is for living. I’d rather be gathering dust on the road with friends than at home on a shelf
Ideal: The thrill of the job is its own reward
Bond: I got in too deep with my old crew and had to cut those ties before I took a darker path
Flaw: I’ve usually jumped and hit the ground before I think about the risks

Appearance: Zyn is on the shorter side, with the frame of a dancer and the clean fresh face of a Lord’s son. With sand coloured eyes and short auburn hair, the only real tell-tale sign of his elven heritage ar the slightly elongated ears which are liberally adorned with cheap jewelry of coloured glass. He has a happy smile and an enthusiasm that surrounds him like a palpable aura.

Personality: Zyndan is a creature of the here and now, happiest when moving. He has a deep optimism and jovial attitude that pulls him towards the brightest lights and the most interesting people. And so far, that has been to his detriment more often than not. While he mostly respects laws and the feelings of others, he’s easily talked into crossing the line with a reasoned argument as to why they don’t matter in any particular situation - for all his experiences, he’s still very much the fresh-faced young man who left the dull and cloistered embrace of his village. It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission after all.

Backstory:

RP Sample:

Last edited by Hillsy7; Nov 16th, 2021 at 12:32 PM.
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 10:44 AM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2695
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; Nov 21st, 2021 at 12:37 AM.
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 01:01 PM
The Queen of Ice
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18039
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
This sounds very interesting. Let me go ahead and toss my knit cap into the ring.

I have a loose concept for an Elven Rogue but I have a few questions first to know whether or not it makes any sense to try to apply with it.

So, the basic concept is this: A young Elvien woman who grew up a slave of a fairly prominent wizard. Her duties were mostly cleaning, cooking, and keeping his library in perfect order. He was brought down by some kind of criminal organization and she got recruited by them.
1) Is slavery a thing in this setting and something that you're okay with me including in my background?

2) What criminal organizations are there in Solomnia?

3) Are you okay with a custom background? I'm not sure that the sample ones really fit what I have in mind.

4) Do Elves in Krynn live an obnoxiously long time? Or something more realistic?

Last edited by girlplay; Nov 15th, 2021 at 01:02 PM.
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 01:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14024
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
Application
left-aligned image

Name: Eleria Riversong
Race: Half Elf
Class: Sorceress (Draconic Ancestry)
Alignment: CG

-X-X-X-
Urchin Background
Trait #1 I do not like to bathe
Trait #2 Nothing shakes my optimistic attitude
Ideal I'm determined to make something of myself
Bond I have a family, but no idea where they are. One day I hope to see them again
Flaw Dont expect me to always save those who can't save themselves...It's natures way that strong thrive while the weak wither and perish

Appearance: Eleria has long flowing hair the color of fresh hewn straw, and emerald eyes that one could comfortably get lost in...provided they were brave enough to try. Standing at 5'4 she is a little on the shorter side, though her body is not disproportionate. She is extremely embarrassed by the patchwork blots of scaley skin that cover most of her chest and upper arms. And she keeps these areas constantly covered, forgoing basic needs like bathing, to keep her shame a secret.

Personality: Shy almost to an uncomfortable fault, Eleria constantly has a smile on her lips. She is optimistic and supports her friends, once she can get out of her own way to make them, that is...

Backstory: Eleria grew up alone. She always knew, deep down, that she has parents out there...somewhere. But, where they went and why they left her alone is anyone's guess. Still, being a half-breed is not easy on anyone, especially without a family to look after them. So she had to learn at a young age how to be silent, be swift, and looking friendly and innocent can often be enough to avoid blame from small inconveniences. At the age of 10, things began to start happening to Eleria, small puffs of wind when she was frustrated, candles lighting or extinguishing when she only gave it a mere thought. This scared the young girl at first, but as she practiced these effects, she began to learn that they could be useful tools rather than something to fear. Wanting more for herself than survival by petty thievery, Eleria has decided to set out adventuring. Hoping to learn more of her special abilities, and to make a name for herself along the way.

Old Nov 15th, 2021, 01:36 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1555
Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer
To answer the various questions:-

@Jasontheswift - yes, you need have no knowledge of the Dragonlance setting to apply

@Hillsy7 - Druids are acceptable as a class, they would be worshippers of Habbakuk, Chislev or Zeboim

@girlplay - 1) yes, slavery is still somewhat prevalent in society and acceptable to include in a background. 2) There is an organised thieves guild headquartered in Palanthas that historically has been at odds with the Dark Knights. 3) Go for it, I'll review it and let you know if any issues with it. 4) Elves reach adulthood at the age of 80 in this setting and generally live between 550-700 years.
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 02:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13817
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
My application, Anna Thurman, is now complete. I would welcome a review, if you are giving those, especially since my recollection on the setting is a bit dusty. Nothing is written in stone and I belief there are great ways to connect her to other characters, if chosen for the game.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 04:50 PM
Astinus in disguise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 37298
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Dragonlance/Krynn was my first fantasy world after Tolkien’s Middle Earth. I spent a great deal of time (many, maaany years in fact) in this wonderful and unique setting as a reader of its novels (that I still own), a player and a DM, thus it has a very special place in my heart.

For everyone wanting to learn more about Dragonlance and the cataclysmic () events that affected this world, I would propose visiting the Dragonlance Nexus, a very ambitious project of a loving and very loyal fan community.

Above all have fun and leave no door unopened. As the kender said: "Why insult the door‘s purpose by locking it?"

Ah, such fond memories…

Old Nov 15th, 2021, 05:27 PM
Imaginary Friend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1269
ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanir View Post
For everyone wanting to learn more about Dragonlance and the cataclysmic () events that affected this world, I would propose visiting the Dragonlance Nexus, a very ambitious project of a loving and very loyal fan community.
Are there crib notes?
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 05:36 PM
Astinus in disguise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 37298
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
It would be useful, wouldn’t it? There‘s a wiki, but in order to make use of it, one has to know what they are looking for.

You could try this timeline, but it still is pretty extensive. Focus on the Age of Despair (War of the Lance and Chaos War) and the Age of Mortals (Dragon Overlords and War of Souls).

I hope it helps a bit.
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 07:46 PM
The Queen of Ice
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18039
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
High-elf rogue (former slave)
left-aligned image

Name: Naeris
Race: Qualinesti (High-elf)
Class: Rogue
Alignment: neutral good

Background: Former slave (custom)
- Skill: Athletics (from doing manual labor)
- Skill: Insight (had to be in-tune with the master's moods and desires)
- Tool: Cooking utensils
- Language: Draconic (the language of magic)
- Feature: Researcher - like the Sage (she knows her way around a library)
- Equipment: A set of common clothing, a small knife, a personal keepsake, and a pouch of 10 gp.

Personality Traits:
- I like things organized and in their proper place. This extends to people and the state of the world.
- I am an outspoken advocate for the little people and do not shy away from speaking my mind.

Ideal: I serve the cause of equity, and help the less fortunate instead of those who already have power and wealth.

Bond: My friends in the guild are like family to me. We survive because we help each other.

Flaw: Severe anger towards those of power and influence who abuse the little people.

Appearance:

Naeris is a trim Elven girl who dresses and acts like the Humans who she has lived with for the last 70 years. She know basically nothing of Elven customs, fashion, or art. She can speak Elven but does so with a Solomnian accent. Roughly 5'7" tall, she's proportionately slender with long, spindly limbs and not much in the way of curves. Her long, golden hair hides a brand on the back of her neck that marks her as a slave of a cadre of wizards that no longer exists. In extreme darkness, the brand can be seen glowing.

Personality:

After years of living as a servant without any kind of autonomy, Naeris learned that life can be so much more than just following orders and doing what's expected. The guild rogues taught her that, and so much more than she had been ignorant of for far too long. They also instilled in her a sense of how the world could and should be, rather than how it is. First and foremost, that many people are just living and working to make the lives for somebody else's benefit. Nobles are high on their list of people who need to be taught lessons and Naeris fully believes in that cause. She is motivated by 2 things: living her life to the fullest and helping the little people, especially those being taken advantage of by people in power.

Naeris does not act like a typical Elf because she has spent the vast majority of her life living in a large, Human-dominant city and doesn't really know the first thing about being an Elf. In her view, they live rather silly - off in the woods, like that's a good place to live or something. She much prefers the comforts of living indoors.

Backstory:

Naeris was taken by slavers when she was very young (a little over 15) but thankfully sold to some people who did not believe in abusing her or working her to death. They were a small cabal of wizards called the Crystal Bell in Palanthas who needed a house girl to do all the mundane things that they did not want to waste their valuable time doing. Her duties included keeping up the living spaces, cooking, cleaning, and keeping their extensive library organized. Her time there was quiet and lonely, but if she were diligent about her chores then she was left alone. However, high-transmuter Arkanin was her greatest challenge and liked to blame anything he thought wasn't right on her - from the state of his clothing to why his work wasn't progressing as it should. His favorite punishment was making her bathe in nearly freezing water.
Eventually, the wizards of the Crystal Bell angered a local guild of thieves by abusing what had been a cooperative relationship. Naeris never knew the exact issue between them but one day stirred from her nightly trance to find the wizards dead. Members of the guild "liberated" her by taking her into their custody. In time, they recognized some potential and offered her a spot in the guild. Between her skill with a bow and her natural intelligence, they discovered and cultivated her as a rogue. Their main goal was to 'redistribute wealth' down the social hierarchy - a cause Naeris could support. In their company, she met and fell in love with 3 of her fellow rogues, which caused a rivalry between them. Guildmaster Caelthalas Elbernarian reassigned Naeris to find work that took her further afield from the city, so that her contact with her lovers was more rare and caused fewer issues.

RP Sample:

Last edited by girlplay; Nov 24th, 2021 at 08:02 PM.
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 09:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9856
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Very interested always loved the Dragonlance setting. I am curious if a Solamnic knight would be permitted? If so would they be considered Fighters, or Paladin's? I lean more towards fighter.