Game Thread The God Campaign [Pick-A-Path] - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Open Roleplaying > OR Archive
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Dec 8th, 2015, 03:55 AM
Game Operations Director

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9923
GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen
The God Campaign [Pick-A-Path]

"One of the most important things you need to know as a god or deity is how existence is. Now most mortal minds can't comprehend the way existence works. In fact existence is so complicated that they don't even have words that will even get close to describing it. So I will do my best to explain to you how existence works but I am using a mortal language so keep in mind that this is no where accurate to how it actually works out." The man continues on with his lesson but of course being bored out of your mind, your thoughts wonder. You are a very new god(dess) and just learning the ropes and all of this power you now have. Unfortunately for you just about everything is taken so thinking mostly about your past and what defines you. You have come to the conclusion that you are to be...

Question One:
OOC: We need a name please vote name ideas and next post of mine will be to vote on what was suggested

Question Two:
1: the God
2: the Goddess
OOC: We have to establish gender

Question Three:
1: of Kolbolds
2: of before you ask yes that windows 10 as in the computer operating system I am choosing random things hereWindows 10
3: of Minecraft
OOC: When you vote for this question cast your vote but then afterwards feel free to give suggestions on what the PC can be the god(dess) of. Just to get you in the mindset yes I am specifically choosing things where if you are to be the god of it other deities are probably going to laugh at you. Come one who would think to be the god of a computer operating system. After votes are cast I will make another vote of what we can make the PC a god of. (I did not state that if you give a suggestion that is has to be one. Neither did I say that you can provide a dozen of them though. Feel free to give a few suggestions but lets not get out of hand)

Despite your thoughts being else where the man's words still made it through. "Imagine a table where its top is made up of half inch tiles. Each tile represents a universe infinite in space. Ok and that which holds these tiles together would be the void. Now the void is very dangerous it has been known to destroy very powerful gods. Now the legs of this table is going to be the six pillars of existence. You should know them already they are important in each universe and they are Light, Dark, Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. Now the floor is going to be nonexistence. Which in comparison would be matter vs antimatter. The two are meant to cancel each other out hence the pillar's need to hold up all of existence. Now I will discuss the manner of crossing the void. Many deities decide to travel across universes and look upon other deities universes. You are free to do that if you so desire but there are some things you must know. Due to your low divine status your ability to travel across universes is by punching a hole in the void. Now this is dangerous as the void can close a hole between universes faster than one expects. So when you do go traveling universes make sure when you punch a hole to not hold back and travel through quickly. Now do you have any questions?"

Question Four:
OOC: This is your chance to ask in game questions about what has been explained so far about the universe.
Old Dec 8th, 2015, 08:06 PM
"Not just a pretty face."
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16530
Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin
Op. 1] Ashallanna [IDK--Bad at names.]
Op. 2] Goddess
Op. 3] Minecraft
Suggesssstions [God/Goddess... ]
- ... of broken pots [Nemesis: a green-clothed fairy boy.]
- ... of fluffy kittens. ["Whyadda gonna do to heretics? Make a kitty so fluffy they're gonna die?"]
- ... of nothing in particular. [The god that bores all other gods.]
- ... of a entity named dirkoth. [Could be good, could be bad... ]
- ... of a grain of sand/pea/pebble. [Also: they're short.]
- ... of a Commodore 64. [... arguably better than Windows 10.]
- ... of lost socks. [Fears dryers.]
[... Annnd I'm done trying to be funny.]
Op. 4] Nothing here.
Old Dec 9th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10543
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
Farragorian
God
God of cancelled TV shows.
Old Dec 11th, 2015, 02:00 AM
Game Operations Director

Tools
User Statistics
GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen
This is a status update post.

Ok So because of the holidays a lot of the site is moving slow. Real life has players of the site spending much of time with their families or has their time occupied elsewhere. So during the holidays posting rate will be once week. I will try to make sure its Monday of every week a make a post. Feel free to let your friends know. The more interest this game has the faster I hop to make a game post. I would prefer a minimum of 3 votes before proceeding with the next game post but don't want to wait forever for that 3rd player.

Attention: The Following will be added to each post.

Signed,
GodRosen.
Old Dec 12th, 2015, 02:18 PM
Anime boxer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4224
Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara
Op 1: Goburio
Op 2: God
Op 3: Goblins, they need a god for all their goblinessy

Last edited by Tojara; Dec 13th, 2015 at 10:35 PM.
Old Dec 15th, 2015, 04:06 AM
Game Operations Director

Tools
User Statistics
Game Post

You are still trying to figure out what the best describes you. Now the options are limited but one thing you found very simple. Gender, you have decided to be a male deity. You are still trying to choose a name though. You are also trying to choose what you will be the best god of without taking anything. Maybe the two can coincide with each other. Well let's take a look at the options we have right now and their pros and cons.

(Favorite Voting) (OOC: Tell me in order what your top three favorite options are)
1. Kobolds
Clarification: Well you could be considered the God of Kobolds, but will only be an effective God of Kobolds after they start following, then...
Pros: UNSTOPPABLE MASSES
Cons: High follower death rate.
2. Goblins
Clarification: Maglubiyet is the current "God of Goblins and Hobgoblins"
Pros: Get to take another God's divine status. (it gives you a little bit of respect)
Cons: you have to overthrow another god to get this title.
Cons cont: If you don't overthrow the other god you have to share followers (oh god the horror)
3. Broken Pots
Clarification: You will have the nemesis of a green-clothed fairy boy. Wait isn't he the one sending all the "fixed" pots to your domain. Well maybe you are overthinking this...
Pros: broken pots could be improvised cutting tools
Cons: You will forever be confused on if Link He that shall not be named. Is either you friend of enemy (OOC: you can thank Captain for that one )
4. Cancelled TV Shows
Pros: In your own domain/universe you can make it where these Cancelled TV shows proceed forever more. They are cancelled or discarded, makes them yours to do with as you like
Cons: If you are the God of Cancelled TV Shows will people start blaming you if a TV series is cancelled? Hmmm one wonders.
5. Nothing
Clarification: not nothing as in be the god of the entity known as nothing but actually not be the God of anything and just be a god
Pros: Skip out on the confusion and stress of being the God of Something
Cons: GodRosen was a major god just to be a god. Would you just end up following in his footsteps? (OOC: I, RPGX: GodRosen, even had a signature that read "Everyone is always the god of this or the god of that. Can't I just be a god?")
6. Fluffy Kittens
Clarification: KITTENS -_- not cats
Pros: Fluffy! soft, cuddly and cute... as a male deity? don't ask!
Cons: Being kittens are young cats you may end up being a sub deity of the God of Cats.
7. Dirkoth
Clarification: one would be God of an Entity named Dirkoth. or the "God of Dirkoth" for short.
Pros: Wielding the Mighty Dirkoth where ever he may be
Cons: What if Dirkoth doesn't want a god?
8. Commodore 64
Pros: Long Live older technology. (the great building block to better technology)
Cons: You may have to end up being a sub god of the God of Technology
9. Windows 10
Pros: ULTIMATE Windows 10 TECH SUPPORT! Screw them microsoft folks they obviously don't know what they are doing compared to you.
Pros Cont: Cortana. You personal assistance... and maybe something else
Cons: You may have to end up being a sub god of the God of Technology
10. Missing Socks
Pros: What happens to missing socks they become your domain. Never buy socks again!
Cons: You will fear dryers as they might take your socks away from you
11. Minecraft
Pros: Go where no god has gone before. A square world!
Pros cont: Take the Minecraft world to limited beyond mortal imagination
Cons: What happens when Notch finds out what you have done? ....Just don't say anything and we will be fine

Now you need a name, names are the hardest. Well let's look at what we have.
(Favorite Voting) (OOC: Tell me in order what your top three favorite options are)
1. Ashallanna (Provided by Captain Devonin)
2. Farragorian (Provided by sageheart)
3. Goburio (Provided by Tojara)
4. Steve (Minecraft related)
5. Sokkusu (Japanese word for socks.) (OOC: will be recognized in here as the God of Light, HikariRL Friend of mine likes Japanese. In fact translate "light" to Japanese and see that its translated to HikariHence translating stuff)
6. Koneko (Japanese Translated for "Kittens")
7. Koborudo (Japanese Translated for "Kobolds")

OOC: I wish I could have more names but I would probably just ending up translating more stuff

The man wonders about the silence from behind him. He turns around seeing you off in your own mind he asks, "Are you even paying attention?" Good Question, Are you paying attention? (Question Four: Normal Voting)
1. Yes
2. No

OOC: If you read everthing in the spoiler button and you wish to read more of the history of existence then for question four select the answer yes. If you don't care to hear more history of the universe or you wish to move onto some action of the storyline then for question four select the answer no.

OOC: Feel free to throw in some out of game comments or questions if you so desire. Would like to know what you think of it. Some feedback would be nice to make this better grow to capture your interest. I also would like to thank those who follow this so far. I would much appreciate it if you find some friends that are also interested in this. ~GodRosen

Last edited by GodRosen; Dec 15th, 2015 at 04:10 AM.
Old Dec 15th, 2015, 05:22 AM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10543
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
I vote!
Question one:
Cancelled tv shows
Broken pots
Dirkoth

Questions 2:Sokkusu

Question three: is there one?
Question four: yes
Old Dec 15th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Game Operations Director

Tools
User Statistics
Sageheart I present question three

"Now do you have any questions?"

Question Three: No Options Voting
OOC:Here is your chance to ask in game questions. Feel free to ask questions that will help me guide you to teaching you a lesson you will find interesting about existence.

Edit: Also Sageheart can I get you to vote for your top 3 favorite names from the list?

Last edited by GodRosen; Dec 15th, 2015 at 10:20 AM.
Old Dec 15th, 2015, 07:07 PM
Anime boxer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4224
Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara
First:
-Kobolds (They are the closest thing i can find to a goblin without having to share with anyone. However, i'm considering the idea of stealing Maglubiyet place and becoming the "God of annoying low level encounters" encompassing kobolds, goblins, maybe bandits and other things.)
-Broken pots (On that matter i think He who shall not be named is actually our emmisary, his I'm talking about ocarina of time's annoying attack soundsbattlecries are my voice on earth which no one can comprehend)
-Nothing

Second:
-Koneko (Damned japanese and their naming abilities)
-Koborudo
-Farragorian

Third:
"So, old man. What are the pillars that hold existence now? The six original ones and change or the five new ones and change? Or maybe all of them and now existence is being held by a lot of pillars?" After asking the questions "He" who has not been yet named Does "He" actually have legs?uncrosses his legs. "Also, has anything been pulled out of NonExistence? Have i been pulled out of NonExistence? Can gods be pulled out of NonExistence? Is Santa real? No, is Santa a god? Is Santa the god of himself? Can you be the god of yourself?" "He" stops for a moment. "Sorry for that, i got carried away." It seems like "He" likes to ask questions but gets carried away quite easily.

Four: Do i need to say it?

Last edited by Tojara; Dec 15th, 2015 at 07:07 PM.
Old Dec 18th, 2015, 03:58 AM
Game Operations Director

Tools
User Statistics
GodRosen Status Update!

It is early (early early) friday morning and I have 2 responses. This point is character creation so choices made here are stuck with the rest of the game. Due to the holidays (and work wanting to make sure I receive my 40 work hours is making me work 11 hour shifts (with a 40 min lunch squeezed in there somewhere)) I understand everything being slow and players being away from site due to RL. (family, Job, or just random holiday chaos not related to job/family)

DO NOT EXPECT A REPLY POST Until the holidays are over. Monday the fourth of January is when the next game post will be. Please try to get friends and such to reply in here I would like more than two vote replies before proceeding with story.

Thank you
GodRosen
Status Update
Old Dec 29th, 2015, 02:54 AM
Game Operations Director

Tools
User Statistics
Just a reminder being a monday. The next game post will be on NEXT monday. Please get your replies in. I would love to see more replies before we jump into what are character will be.

Thank you,
GodRosen
Old Jan 6th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Game Operations Director

Tools
User Statistics
OOC: Name voting is still open. Please vote for your top three favorite names or provide suggestions.

Game Post

When the man asked if you were paying attention you were all too excited to ask many questions.
  • What are the pillars that hold existence now?
  • The six original ones and change or the five new ones and change?
  • Or is it that all the pillars are holding up existence? That is a lot of pillars!
  • Has anything been pulled out of NonExistence?
  • Have I been pulled out of NonExistence?
  • Can gods be pulled out of NonExistence?
  • Is Santa real? Wait he must be real the question should be, is he a god?
  • Is Santa the god of himself?
  • Can you be the god of yourself

It may have been the 8 questions you just asked without the chance to receive an answer, or it maybe that your questions jumped from NonExistence to Ol' Saint Nick but either way you notice. "I am sorry," you say to the old man. The man chuckles and responds, "I didn't become an Immortal yesterday, believe it or not happens more than you think." The man smiles and proceeds to answer your questions.

"After The God Apocalypse existence was held up by two pillars the Pillar of Light and the Pillar of Dark. Now something you may not know but Hikari the God of Light and Kage the Goddess of Darkness are actually one in the same person. You probably already know that Hikari and Kage are the strongest gods out there. Put their powers together into one being though and you have a god so powerful where they have more power than every deity combined. To include the other 4 pillars in that power. Now after The God Apocalypse when Hikari returned to his lab he was able to resurrect his and his other self's pillars in a matter of days. That's right days. It normally takes many millennia to erupt your own pillars. You can do it in a couple of days if you use the help of all other deities but not Hikari. So after the Pillars of Light and Dark was up Hirkari provided the other Pillars something that would help their pillars rise faster than normal. Even then though it took well over a thousand years before their pillars was back up to strength to hold existence. So to answer your question Existence can be held up by only 2 pillars but is currently being held up by its original 6 pillars. Which leads to another thing being the Pillars of Existence are much more powerful now that they have fallen and risen again hence all the new divine power that has arisen. New divine power more universes larger existence."

"Now as for GodRosen after The God Apocalypse his council of gods and pillars were as secondary pillars so his pillars weren't holding up existence but if the Pillars of Light or Dark struggled to hold up existence or fell again his pillars were there. Now if you ever get to meet GodRosen you may find that he seems to like to climb in power. Take for example this when he was a fairly new god to the world still yet to choose what he will be the god of he became Hikari's right hand man. This would be the equivalent of making a preteen a king's right hand man. Were other deities furious? Oh yeah. Did GodRosen stand his ground against all that opposed him, he sure did. After all the original pillars were holding up Existence again GodRosen took his council of gods and pillars and created his own Existence. Some say he is still climbing that ladder of power being he is running his own Existence now."

"Now the Pillar of Change is a whole different story when it comes to pillars. The Pillar of Change never held up existance. Instead the Pillar of Change as tied to each of the other pillars and when the Pillar of Change pulled them down she held herself above NonExistence. She was... currently is in between Existence and NonExistence with nothing holding her in place. Also because she is closer to NonExistence she was able to pull out everything that fell into NonExistence during The God Apocalypse. Also during The God Apocalypse she was able to hold up all of fallen Existence while once again nothing suspending her in place. That is a powerful ability but comes with a major downfall. Because she is separate from Existence she can not reach the universes of Existence without some sort of assistance and when she on Existence she is separate from her pillar which could cause problems."

"Now yes a god can be pulled out of NonExistence but it is much easier to pull out a universe then it is to pull out a single deity being they are so much smaller. Many of the deities that were pulled out was still in their universe when they were pulled out so they weren't really pulled out directly but still pulled out. Now being you are a new god you great ancestors was probably pulled out of NonExistence. Does that count? And for your final questions yes Santa exists no he is not a god he is an immortal. He keeps giving away the divine power granted to him. Now here is the trick for your final question. Can you be the god of yourself? I have to tell you it is all how you look at it. So I will answer your question with a question. If you are the God of Brian or God of Brians aka you are the god of every whose name is Brian. Now if your own name is Brian does that make you the god of yourself?"

Good Question, you wonder to yourself on the information just provided to you.
Question one: "Now if your own name is Brian does that make you the god of yourself?"
1. Yes
2. No

"Now I want to show you something real neat. Dreamcatchers can hold memories or history. Some of them when activated can be like a virtual reality and have perfect color and sound and you can watch happens anywhere looking in any direction that you like. Now yes that is pretty neat but of all the poor quality to good quality dreamcatchers nothing beats one built by Hikari the God of Light and Time." The old man pulls out a dreamcatcher which gives off a slight glow. You are still learning everything but you know right away a glow like that gives a sense of amazement to the artifact. One where no matter who you are or how stupid you are feasting your eyes upon that only tells you one thing. "Crafted by a God." The old man continues, "this dreamcatcher lets you experience the history as though you were there. Shows you how history could have been different if you were there or if you make different choices if already lived through the real thing. I would have to say it is so funny to watch mortals use this. Lets say this is given to a mortal that is living with technology. He uses it to go back into history to see how technological advance his timeline would be if technology was introduced say 100 years earlier. So he uses this goes back into history and instead of introducing technology he gets burned at the stake for witchcraft"

The old man holds up the dreamcatcher and it begins to activate. "How would you like to experience The God Apocalypse?"

Question two, "How would you like to experience The God Apocalypse?"
1. "Yes, let's go"
2. "No, I would like to stay in the present and go explore Existence."
3. "I actually have some more questions."

Question three: (no options voting) (here is your chance to ask in game questions. If you have in game questions you do NOT have to select option three of Q2. Option three is there so if you don't like option one and two and you have some in game questions you want to ask. Also if you select option three of Q2 please have one of your questions direct the storyline for example one in game question can be to visit somewhere else in history that is not The God Apocalypse.)

Last edited by GodRosen; Jan 6th, 2016 at 12:00 PM.
Old Jan 13th, 2016, 11:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1894
dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel dukesteel
Ok I pose the question of a god of Barbarians. Detron Trei is the name. The god of Barbarians> The board is represented by the gods of existence so each square is a god or goddess of something. If that is the case, each square is powered by the worship of that god or goddess. When that god or goddess hears the pleas related to whatever god or goddess they are of, they answer that question or provide divine assistance to the problem asked of them. In that case I present Detron Trei for consideration.