RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Mar 5th, 2020, 03:02 PM
rawr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3356
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totentanzen View Post
Mighty words from a bard
My words are as cutting as my sword!

Playing: None. Running: The First Mask (Cthulhu Zero)
Old Mar 5th, 2020, 03:54 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7729
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
Character complete

I will add languages and break down the items in the burglar's pack if I am accepted.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Mar 5th, 2020, 03:54 PM
Voice of Antiquity

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18319
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Oro Greenfingers
right-aligned image

Character Name: Oro Greenfingers
Race: Halfling (Lightfoot)
Class: Warlock (Celestial)
Background: Guild Artisan (Apothecary)

Description: Oro would be a typical lightfoot halfling of the Realms about 3 feet tall if not for his unusual blonde hair and even more unusual amber -almost golden- eyes, which also granted him his name. Since his elderly parents have more traditional dark brown hair, Oro is considered a special gift from Yondalla. If one were to ignore his unusual coloration, the halfling’s most striking feature is his genuine, almost contagious smile.

Personality: Oro is a gentle and compassionate individual, whose priority in life is to help those in need. It is not unusual for him to offer his family’s healing potions and ointments without payment to those that can’t afford them, much to the chagrin of the guild of apothecaries in Baldur’s Gate. He is patient, optimistic and tries to see the good in everyone. The only thing that makes him lose his patience is when innocent people that cannot effectively defend themselves -especially children- are threatened, bullied or harmed by someone stronger. In such instances Oro is quick to step up and put the offender in their place. The fact that the halfling is usually being underestimated, makes the bully’s imminent humiliation all the more painful.

Trait 1: I try to see the good in every situation. Laughter makes life much more enjoyable.
Trait 2: I cannot imagine myself not constantly being on the road. To travel adds variety to life and makes one’s home all the more desirable when the journey finally ends.
Ideal: There is no problem a little help from a friendly individual can’t solve. I am always more than willing to help.
Bond: I adore my parents and can think of no better occupation than assisting them in their work and traveling with them every spring to bring healing to the people that require it.
Flaw: I cannot stand cruelty and injustice and will try to correct it without thinking about the consequences.

Tie-in Bond: Golden dragon – Sometimes, when I am deeply asleep, I dream of being a much larger being than I actually am. I have scales of gold and gigantic wings that can take me everywhere I desire. When I look at my reflection in the clear waters of a lake I see a creature of such strength, beauty and majesty that I cannot even describe this magnificent form. As is only proper, I am surrounded by valuable treasures of all kinds that fill a huge cave from the bottom to the very top. No matter how I want this dream to continue, it is always cut short by words spoken by a stern, booming voice: “You are vain and greedy, child, and unworthy to be in my presence. You must know compassion and humility. Only these virtues will allow you to find your way back to me.”

Character History: Oro is the only child of the elderly apothecaries Merkin and Chenda Greenfingers, who had up to this point been unable to have any descendants. His childhood in Baldur’s Gate was one of love and joy thanks to his devoted parents. When Oro grew older, his father and mother starting teaching him the secrets of their job: to find and collect the right ingredients, properly process and store them and finally turn them into potions and ointments that could restore the people’s health, heal their wounds and protect them from poison and illness. Every spring the three of them would board their wagon and visit the nearby villages and towns, offering their services until the snows of winter forced them to return to their home to prepare next year’s journey.

When Oro was seven years old, he first heard the voice of the mysterious being he would soon call “faeter” (father) in the halfling tongue, a being that guided and shaped him in becoming the person he now is. The young halfling only had to close his eyes, think of his protector and a voice would answer him in a language he had never learnt but understood instinctively. His parents were alarmed when their son spoke of this mysterious being until a wise priestess of Yondala assuaged their fears. The child was special and was chosen by some great power of good. If they wanted their child to reach his full potential they would have to accept that this being was a part of his life. In time they too came to trust and heed the advice and warnings of Oro’s “faeter”. This was the reason that when the young halfling suddenly announced them his intention of heading to Greenest, they didn’t argue. They offered their child what equipment they could spare, kissed him in both cheeks, bid him farewell and wept bitterly once they were certain that he could no longer see them. Would they ever see their son again?

Character sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=83987

Old Mar 5th, 2020, 04:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2441
Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus
Well, there is now one more cleric. As said before, it is always good to have many of them around.
Old Mar 5th, 2020, 05:29 PM
老龍

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4725
arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios
Madrigal Gyldaneye of Baldur's Gate

Madrigal Gyldaneye of Baldur's Gate
NG Human Apprentice Wizard (Dragon Scholar)

The human wizard, for he must be an arcanist of some sort by all appearance, wears about him an air of inviting mystery. He's not a foreboding lone wolf type daring others against approach. He looks rather more the gregarious sort with a boyish grin of mischief. He looks like he's about to pull a rabbit out of his hat. His attire is fashionable in a cut familiar along the Sword Coast, embroidered with motifs and styles from Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter, and a fur collar suggestive of wilder parts farther north.

The wizard is clearly an approachable sort. He's been smiling since he walked in. Leering? No, it's a grin, nothing lurid. He scans the crowd, gaze lingering around a few. Not the one he's looking for. Nodding as he does at those who meet his eye, on a younger man this might seem precocious. In this case, it seems more like this young man just doesn't get out much.
  • Traits: He is noble of spirit and kind hearted, though prone to polysyllabic words to convey an impression of great erudition. Not an uncommon trait among Cloistered Scholars.
  • Ideal : Self-Improvement: The goal of one's life should be the betterment of oneself — mind, body, and soul.
  • Bond..: I've dishonored myself before my Lord and family and hope to do great things to redeem myself to their trust.
  • Flaw..: Demon spoor, you say? Here, let's have a look at that.

right-aligned image
“This must be the place, right?” He greets the gathered company as he enters from the street. “Greenest.” He nods appreciatively as he enters, surveying the arrangement of tables and patrons before heading toward the nearest bar.

No sign of Erlanthar, the mendicant fighting monk, who saved me from a premature demise. The wizard looks pensive and makes brief eye contact with a number gathered here. He looks to be waiting for someone. He said Greenest. He smiles his thanks at a smiling maiden who presents him a clay mug of ale.
Strategist, Diviner of the Path, Arcane Cannon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pratt_avatar.JPG
Views:	729
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	83327   Click image for larger version

Name:	pratt_wizard_small.JPG
Views:	421
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	83328  

Last edited by arguilios; Mar 11th, 2020 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Formatting
Old Mar 5th, 2020, 05:31 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1333
GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob
Whoa, loving the app format you got going on @arguilios !
Old Mar 5th, 2020, 07:25 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3036
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodBob View Post
Whoa, loving the app format you got going on @arguilios !
So fancy!
Old Mar 5th, 2020, 08:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2816
TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil
Lia LiadonName: Lia Liadon

Race: Half Elf

Class: Sorcerer (Wild Magic)

Alignment: Chaotic good

Description:
right-aligned image

Diminutive by elf or human standards, Lia stands unassuming in dark travelers clothes. Human looking in appearance, the only signs of her elvish ancestry is the smooth unearthly elvish grace marked by her walk, her hauntingly beautiful face and features as well as the easy fluency that she speaks the Elvish language. Her long red hair flows in the wind. She wears a backpack on her back and a light crossbow around her shoulders. 2 dagger sheaths are tied to her belt.

Personality:
Quiet and unassuming Lia prefers to let others take the lead, content to stay in the background. She values authenticity and originality and her chaotic nature sees little value in beholding herself to tradition. She is very accepting and non-judgmental of those whom she meets, which puts her in the great graces of others. Lia is very flexible and accommodating. However, she will quickly stand up for herself against those who insist there is only one right way to do things.

Background: Guild Artisan
  • Traits
    • One: I always want to know how things work and what makes people tick.
    • Two: I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right. I can’t help it — I’m a perfectionist.
  • Ideal:
    • Freedom. Everyone should be free to pursue his or her own livelihood. (Chaotic)
  • Bond:
    • When an orc raid drove your family from your home, the people of Greenest took you in. Anyone who threatens Greenest is your sworn enemy.
  • Flaw:
    • I’m never satisfied with what I have — I always want more.
Her father a high elf and her mother a human, Lia grew up in a small village that was once located 150 miles east of Greenest. When she was only 6 years old her village was overrun by an Orc raid. Her father died in the raid and her mother fled west eventually taking refuge in Greenest. The people welcomed them in and they were able to make it their new home. The local weaver took a liking to her and she showed a natural talent for the trade. She agreed to be her apprentice and she taught her how to weave cloths into clothing and work with dyes. After mastering the craft, she was granted access to a loose network of weavers and dyers who each work in a different village within the Sword Coast.

When she was 16 she was struck by lightning. She was in a coma for 14 days before eventually waking up on her own. It was after this that she discovered that she had been given a great gift or a curse depending on how you look at it. She now has unexplainable powers and has the ability to use and manipulate magic in strange and powerful ways. Tried as she might to tame it, she was unable to do so. Even now, her magic may react in strange ways. A random fireball here. Teleporting to a random space. With the cultist causing trouble Lia is ready to defend Greenest and help the town in its need that helped her in her need.

Last edited by TomBombadil; Mar 6th, 2020 at 01:37 AM.
Old Mar 6th, 2020, 05:00 AM
A is for ASSKICKING!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11936
XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor
Hokay, Nilee's should be done in ernest now. I've ditched bond nr 5 for 6, but her backstory remains much the same. Her father is still gone, the only clue of his whereabouts is from a burned letter with the name Greenest written on it. Her father is now the son of a famous dragon slayer and may have been kidnapped by the Cult of the Dragon.
Old Mar 6th, 2020, 05:41 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1611
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
right-aligned image

I'm pretty sure that's a half-ling not a half-elf...

but then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

unless his name is Xanathar
Old Mar 6th, 2020, 05:50 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32044
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Can fit as half-elf with the purple eyes. Anyway, cute enough for a sorceress.

Last edited by MoonZar; Mar 6th, 2020 at 05:52 AM.
Old Mar 6th, 2020, 07:20 AM
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7505
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguilios View Post
Is...Is that...Chris Pratt?
Old Mar 6th, 2020, 09:48 AM
Destroyer of Worlds

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4366
Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh
I'll keep my app short and sweet since I only stumbled upon the advert yesterday. I'll update the character sheet before the deadline, otherwise I believe the app is complete. I'll have some time a couple of hours just before the deadline for any changes or additions that are required.

=]✠[= Under Sanguine Oath =]✠[=
Old Mar 6th, 2020, 10:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23158
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
With 15 hours to go to deadline, I think I got everyone with an app in the table, and everyone has met the requirements. But, please, if I missed something, let me know.
Old Mar 6th, 2020, 11:35 AM
老龍

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4725
arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totentanzen View Post
Is...Is that...Chris Pratt?
“No, of course not. But hey, you know what? There's another name you might know me by. Dragon-Lord.”

"C’mon! Dragon-Lord? Legendary wizard of the Sword Coast. Guys? Oh, forget this.”