RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Nov 23rd, 2021, 08:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3611
Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome
Please generate two characters and pick one for your application. The other will be used if your first character dies. I see Drac is at it again muhahahahahaha

Last edited by Clawsome; Nov 23rd, 2021 at 08:24 PM.
Old Nov 23rd, 2021, 08:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23158
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawsome View Post
Please generate two characters and pick one for your application. The other will be used if your first character dies. I see Drac is at it again muhahahahahaha
Yep. Right after my two characters died in a Funnel start game.
Old Nov 23rd, 2021, 08:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome
This is actually kind of cool. Complete random character. Never heard of funnel start game.
Old Nov 24th, 2021, 12:57 AM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3036
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Merte
right-aligned image

Name: Merte
Race: Human
Ability Scores: STR 9, DEX 12, CON 7, INT 13, WIS 7, CHA 9,
2HP, 11AC, +1 INIT
Physical Quirk: Pierced Ears
Personality Quirk: Nihilistic
Bond: Strength (Vigdis)
Appearance: Young adult, Long blonde hair (covered by a colorful scarf), and a simple two-tone white and brown dress (accented by another colorful scarf).
Personality: Kind-hearted. Believes in the power of Common Decency and natural remedies but not in any sort of divine power or gods of any sort.
Why are you in Greenest? I was born and raised here. With the amount of traffic that we get from trade caravans, there's never been a reason to leave. I can harvest several spices locally and what I can't harvest, I can trade for with traveling merchants.
Is there a person in the Greenest area that you care about? My Mom (Adela) and my Dad (Agnar). They've always been so supportive! Even now, they're allowing me to live with them until I can find a place of my own (or a husband with a home for the both of us).
Gear: Spice Merchant - 2 exotic spices, a small amount of cinnamon, 5 GP, silk clothes, shiny boots

Last edited by Treble83; Dec 8th, 2021 at 10:40 PM.
Old Nov 24th, 2021, 10:03 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23158
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
@Clawsome - I hadn't heard of the Funnel start either in 5E, though there are other RPGs that have something similar. Even though my characters didn't last long, RPing when any hit from anything could kill my character was different and exciting.

@Everyone - Reminder that post # 1, and post # 279 are being updated consistently. Also, loving what's coming in. I did put Dec 17 on the deadline, but if I get over 12 applicants and it slows down, or double that #, I may change the deadline to sooner.
Old Nov 24th, 2021, 10:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
@Clawsome - I hadn't heard of the Funnel start either in 5E, though there are other RPGs that have something similar. Even though my characters didn't last long, RPing when any hit from anything could kill my character was different and exciting.
Yes. Like the original D&D, AD&D 1st and 2nd Ed. Death was one hit away and magic users were not gods.
Old Nov 24th, 2021, 11:56 AM
Duke of Chanwood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2195
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawsome View Post
Yes. Like the original D&D, AD&D 1st and 2nd Ed. Death was one hit away and magic users were not gods.
In Basic D&D, Magic Users were like an annoying little brother your mom made you take out to play with your friends. At least, until they started getting 3rd level spells...

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Liam "Madhouse" Holt - Solo, Cyberpunk 2020
Old Nov 24th, 2021, 12:37 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3036
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
In Basic D&D, Magic Users were like an annoying little brother your mom made you take out to play with your friends. At least, until they started getting 3rd level spells...
I haven't played older versions but that sounds like how it should be. That's the way it is in almost all fantasy fiction.
Old Nov 24th, 2021, 01:43 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3206
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
right-aligned image
Name ceri'
Gender female
Race human
Occupation princess
Ability Scores
physical quirk cross eyed
Personality Quirk wishful
Bond I had a darn rat steal my mother's ring. I went chasing after it before I met a wild character who helped me get it back. She looks human but says she's a cat. I wonder if she's fey or an evil wizard changed a cat into a human. Ive heard of similar situations in my books. Sometimes a raven into a human or a human to a frog. I've got to look for a frog Ive heard if you kiss one it will turn into a prince yuck haha.
Appearance wearing fine royal clothes ceri' or mon ceri' as she is often called prefers blue tones. She has red/brown hair that she keeps in braids. She has fine boots though there often tracked in mud from her adventures around the castle.
Personality always hopeful and looking for fun. She loves books and usually keeps one under her arm to the disdain of her parents.
Why are you in Greenest? She's currently under the guidance and tutelage of her uncle Mayor nighthill. She's learning to be a lady despite her own actions and that of her friend cat.
Is there a person in the Greenest area that you care about? Cat and uncle nighthill are the closest but being the mayor's daughter and exploring more than I should I've become friends with many of the locals.

Last edited by delpinator; Nov 26th, 2021 at 05:28 PM.
Old Nov 24th, 2021, 07:52 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 368
NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact

Last edited by NonCausalFact; Nov 25th, 2021 at 08:47 AM.
Old Nov 24th, 2021, 08:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Alright, who wants to have a bond with a princess?
Old Nov 25th, 2021, 08:48 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 368
NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact NonCausalFact
I'm sorry, but, as much as I appreciated creating the character, I noticed I would not like to actually play it.

Withdrawing application. Thanks for the opportunity to come up with such a funny character!

PS: You can use it as an NPC if you like it, Drachenspirit! That would be an honor.
Old Nov 25th, 2021, 09:07 AM
The King of Ducks

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1197
BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB
Cat, the rat-catcher
right-aligned image

Name: Cat

Race: Human

Ability scores:
STR 7
DEX 9
CON 12
INT 6
WIS 10
CHA 9

Physical Quirk: Frizzy hair
Personality Quirk: Fanciful

Bond: Dexterity with Ceri
When the princess was a kid, she was chasing a rat through town one day, because it stole something from her and eventually ran into Cat, who helped her hunt it down. With the deed done, they became interested in each-other's clothes and 'jewellery', somehow staying friends for years.

Appearance:
Cat is in her early thirties. Her green eyes are always wide open and framed by her long, dark, completely unkept hair. The woman is quite high but always slightly hunched over. She doesn't wear any boots and her body is covered only in a long coat made of rat skins, tied with a wide belt, slightly decorated by some makeshift jewellery made of thrown out pieces of metal. Even though she doesn't need it, she always walks around with a wooden cane.

Personality:
Cat is an insane but non-dangerous person, who as her name suggests... thinks that she is a cat. She loves everything shiny and smacking small creatures with her Clubcane. Her passion made her become a rat-catcher, so she could scavenge the sewers for trinkets and get paid for beating rats into bloody mess. She often invites herself to parties, only to be chased away for her wild behaviour.

Why are you in Greenest?
"Cat was always there and cat has no reason to leave. Local folk are used to Cat and Cat is used to her hunting grounds."

Is there a person in the Greenest area that you care about?
"Care... care-care-care-care! Yes! There is that cleric, Moriana! Cat likes her, she helped Cat out of jail once and sometimes even feeds Cat."

Last edited by BarrowB; Nov 25th, 2021 at 10:33 AM.
Old Nov 25th, 2021, 09:26 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Can cat and ceri' share a bond. Perhaps both having dex they share a bond of catching mice. Ceri' finds a rat catcher named cat silly and your fanciful quirk allows for sharing interests for nice dresses?
Old Nov 25th, 2021, 09:37 AM
The King of Ducks

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1197
BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB BarrowB
Quote:
Originally Posted by delpinator View Post
Can cat and ceri' share a bond. Perhaps both having dex they share a bond of catching mice. Ceri' finds a rat catcher named cat silly and your fanciful quirk allows for sharing interests for nice dresses?
Wow, I was about to PM you to suggest it.
A princess and an insane, wild woman, who somehow are friends.

Any particular idea?

For example:
When the princess was a kid, she was chasing a rat through town one day, because it stole something from her and eventually ran into Cat, who helped her hunt it down. With the deed done, they became interested in each-other's clothes and 'jewellery', somehow staying friends for years.