HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin HuaiXin
no it doesn't, concealment remains the same
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 05:57 PM
SPAAAAAAACE!!!!!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 214
BloodyDove BloodyDove BloodyDove
What is the area for an area or suppressive attack with an automatic weapon? Is it the same as the area for a "normal" automatic attack (ie, a 10ftx10ft/2 square x 2 square box or, if you have the Strafe feat, a line of 20ft/four squares in a row)? And do these two attacks replace the normal automatic weapons fire attack (ie, the one that uses 10 bullets, requires you to roll an attack to beat an "area AC" of 10 and, assuming you do, forces everyone in the affected area to make a DC 15 Reflex save to avoid the damage)?
"Alright, this next test may involve trace amounts of time travel. So, word of advice: If you meet yourself on the testing track, don't make eye contact. Lab boys tell me that'll wipe out time. Entirely. Forward and backward."
~Cave Johnson, Portal 2
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Chibi Commandant Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1328
It is based on how many targets you are aiming at, as long as the targets you are aiming at are in range and infront of you. It does not replace the standard attack.
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 341
Wolesz Wolesz Wolesz Wolesz
I think I'm done. Apart from the equipment and wealth.
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 07:34 PM
SPAAAAAAACE!!!!!

Tools
User Statistics
My sheet is pretty much done. I do have another question. Would you permit going after more than once advanced class at a time? While I'll mostly being taking Gunslinger, I was thinking of dipping into Gangster as well (from the d20 Past sourcebook) as well later on (you could call it "Assassin" or something if Gangster brings up connotations you'd rather avoid).
"Alright, this next test may involve trace amounts of time travel. So, word of advice: If you meet yourself on the testing track, don't make eye contact. Lab boys tell me that'll wipe out time. Entirely. Forward and backward."
~Cave Johnson, Portal 2
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Chibi Commandant Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
level dipping is fine.
Campaign starting soon writing intro scene tonight.
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Space dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2062
Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer Kittenmancer
HuaiXin, can you please go over my character sheet and let me know if it's ok? Also, which of the weapons is the sniper rifle?
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Chibi Commandant Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
Scoped Mosin Nagant
Sheet is fine just add speed (30ft)

Last edited by HuaiXin; Feb 14th, 2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 742
Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu
I don't know if the soviet issue trench coat would count as leather jacket weight armour (those things are heavy) or not nor whether we would even get one. Can you go over my sheet?
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1027
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs
Allu - look for Overcoat in the equipment list. That's what I used.
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 05:18 PM
SPAAAAAAACE!!!!!

Tools
User Statistics
Hey Allu, I checked your sheet and have the following comments:
1. You neglected to add your class defense bonus to your AC. For a level 2 Tough Hero, that would be a +2 bonus.
2. To be able to use a heavy machine-gun, you'd need the Exotic Firearms Proficiency feat, not Exotic (Melee) Weapons Proficiency. It has both Personal Firearms Proficiency and Advanced Firearms Proficiency as prerequisites in order to get it. Fortunately...
3. You shorted yourself two feats. You should currently have four feats (two feats for first level character, one bonus feat from the Military occupation, and one feat for being a second level Tough Hero). So, if you like, you could put both of them into Personal Firearms Proficiency and Advanced Firearms Proficiency and then get that Exotic Firearms Proficiency feat. Do note however...
4. For Exotic Firearms Proficiency, you have to designate a specific gun to be proficient in. As in, the specific type instead of just heavy machine-guns in general. Check out the list on the Houserules and Items page for which one you want or just ask the DM which one you think is the best choice (PM M1910, DPM, or DShK). I'd recommend against the PM 1910, as that is NOT a one man portable gun. Even the DShK is pushing it, though with your character's strength he could manage it.
5. You listed on your character description page that you intended to move into the Soldier advanced class later on, correct? Or at least, that's what I'm interpreting the Soldier next to Tough Hero for your class to be. If so, do note that you need to have six ranks in Knowledge (Tactics) to take the class, and Tough Hero does not include Knowledge (Tactics) as a class skill. Luckily, your occupation lets you choose two bonus skills to add to your list of class skills (or add a +1 bonus to a skill that is already a class skill), and the possible skills for the Military occupation includes Knowledge: Tactics. So add it to your class skills, and be sure to allocate some of your skill points to it so that you have enough ranks in it by the time you want to start taking levels in it.

Whew, that's a bit of a mouthful. I think that should be everything, but of course Xin may have his own comments to add. Still, this should cover most of the big things for your sheet, so hope this helps.

On an unrelated note: Cheaplaffs, what equipment list are you referring to?
~Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Last edited by BloodyDove; Feb 14th, 2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Chibi Commandant Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
With equipment you guys will be issuesd your weapons at the beginning of the story when you get of the train. Everyone has a greatcoat (overcoat) starting off.
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Dance is what Dance does

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1437
orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter
Sorry folks, I'ma have to drop this game. I can't think of any other concept I'd like to play that would fit his mold. Everything about him was centered around him being a sniper. Sorry if it seems uppity, but just bein real. Good gamin though.

Computers were on lock down here for a security violation thanks to some morons. Back in full effect!
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 742
Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu
What's going on, are we starting soon?
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Chibi Commandant Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
really really sorry for the hiatus we'll start on tuesday, starting uni this year so things are busy on my end.