RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-11-2019, 07:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1493
Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia
Anea: Welcome to the thread! I've added your character's info to the main post. Looking good so far!
Old 07-11-2019, 09:00 PM
Orange Pirate
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8776
Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse
Updated my application with four more memories. The previous entry for Memory 1 had been moved to Memory 5, where it fits better.

Will probably have the last two memories up by Tuesday or Wednesday.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 849
gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a
Public Application
Name: Thapoleus Alextris
Race: Half-Elf (Empyrean, Manticore)
right-aligned image

Background: Entertainer (Singer, Instrumentalist, Storyteller)
Personality Trait 1: I know a story relevant to almost any situation.
Personality Trait 2: I connect everything that happens to me to a grand, cosmic plan.
Flaw 1: I'll do anything to win fame and renown.
Flaw 2: I'm convinced of the significance of my destiny, and blind to my shortcomings and the risk of failure.
Ideal: Beauty. What is beautiful points us beyond itself toward what is true.
Bond: I am still seeking enlightenment, and it still eludes me.
Trinket: A whistle made from gold-covered wood. He received this as a child from his elven mother. His skill with it stimulated his interest in music, and it also reminds him of his mother and her family wherever he goes.

Last edited by gjf2a; 07-12-2019 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
gjf2a: Welcome to the thread! Let me know if you have any questions and when you are ready for me to review your final application.

Osse: Fantastic! Updated the main post with that extra info. Looking fabulous!
Old 07-12-2019, 09:26 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
gjf2a: Welcome to the thread! Let me know if you have any questions and when you are ready for me to review your final application.
Thanks Olympia! I have written two memories for my character and I believe my application is complete and ready for review.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:04 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Great, thanks gjf2a! I've updated my main post to reflect your application being complete.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:12 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5734
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Ok, mine is updated to be complete. I'm sure I'll add a memory or two before the deadline though.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:16 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Awesome, UngainlyFool! Updated the main post, marked your application as complete.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:55 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Great, thanks gjf2a! I've updated my main post to reflect your application being complete.
Thanks Olympia!

Let me know if you have any suggestions for improving the application.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:08 PM
Dwarven Master-at-Arms

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1664
Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea
I have one memory down, will work on adding more as inspiration comes to me. If you could review my app I would love to hear your feedback!
Old 07-13-2019, 10:50 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1831
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Three more memories, now all seven are complete!

Old 07-13-2019, 06:04 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 665
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Very interested in this campaign. Quick question: arcane Spellcasting is new to the world but what about divine Spellcasting that isn’t a cleric? (Paladin, Ranger, Druid, some monk builds, some Sorcerer paths, etc). Are they considered already present in the world or some variations new as well?
Old 07-13-2019, 07:14 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
laurelthrone
I love the sound of this setting and hope to get a chance to play in it.

Public Application

Name: Euphemia Pallis
Race: Human (Siren)
Description: The blood of the Siren is strong in Euphemia's lineage, and though she takes no pride in it she is fully aware of how it affects the way others treat her. Her vibrant, almost inhumanly green eyes are the first thing most notice about her. Her hair is often kept in a tight braid while she works, but when she wears it loose it falls below her shoulders in wavy black locks. Years of work as an archivist of ancient histories have left her with little time for rigorous exercise; her slender frame and short stature don't exactly make for an intimidating appearance. She often wears loose, flowing gowns and robes in dark colors and while she is comfortable with her body she rarely wears revealing clothes—her Siren stock attracts enough unwelcome stares on its own.
Background: Cloistered Scholar
Trait: Euphemia is an endlessly curious scholar of history and, if given the option, would spend her days buried in ancient texts or tinkering with her vast but unorganized collection of artifacts. She's often quiet and lost in thought, but can talk for hours about lost kingdoms and forgotten wars.
Trait: Euphemia's first impressions are hard to shake. If she likes you, you can get away with a lot before she turns against you. If she dislikes you, it will take a great amount of effort to convince her of your good intentions.
Flaw: When she was younger, Euphemia was impulsive and reckless. After a poor judgment put her and others in serious danger, she has been plagued by indecisiveness and self-doubt. She is hesitant to act without a second opinion from someone she trusts.
Flaw: Euphemia's sense of self-esteem comes almost entirely from others' opinions of her. She desperately needs approval, forming strong attachments to those who validate her and trying to minimize exposure to those who don't. She tends to fixate on negative comments and criticism, even if they weren't meant to be hurtful.
Ideal: People. The world is a dangerous place and you can't make it on your own. We all need someone we can trust with our lives.
Bond: Despite the effort she's put into honing her magic, she doesn't understand the source of her power. She can control it, but there is something sinister about it. She suspects that if she cannot learn the truth it will eventually lead to her downfall.
Trinket: Euphemia has a collection of many relics from bygone eras, but her most prized possession is a plain-looking stone inscribed with an ancient melody. When stressed, she will hum or sing it to herself and it always helps her relax.

Last edited by laurelthrone; 07-16-2019 at 04:29 AM.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5241
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Hi, this looks like an amazing game.
One question, just to make sure I understand correctly:
- I did see that we can make up one of the two traits and flaws if we so choose. Does it matter what source we take the rest of our backgrounds from? Either official or homebrew? Thanks!

Last edited by lydklein; 07-13-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 05:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5241
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Public InfoBasic Character Details:
Name: Briaerys Daefyr,
Race: Half elf (Chimera) (feral/dusk)
Character Appearance:
left-aligned image
The Present

Shoulder length when she met Matthiaos her rich, dark brown hair now cascades passed her shoulders in soft waves. It frames her oval face highlighting the soft green of her eyes. Depending on the company they keep she will either hide or highlight her pointed ears. Standing at 5'6" tall she does not see herself as either tall or short. Unless she is sparring you will often see her in simple brown riding dress with a split skirt for easy movement. A matching cloak lays pinned to the shoulders with engraved silver medallion. On her head she wore the simple circlet worn against the hair. It along with a matching pendant she always wore are symbols of her station as the prince's friend and trusted traveling companion . Both were silver as well.

Character Background:
Two Character Traits
1.I've spent so long in the palace that I no longer have practical experience dealing with people in the outside world.
2.Despite my current station I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.

Two Character Flaws
1.I am suspicious of strangers and expect the worst of them.
2.I hide a truly scandalous secret that could ruin my family.

One Background Ideal
1.It is my honor to lay down my life for my prince.

One Background Bond
1.My loyalty to my prince is unwavering.

One Trinket with an Explanation
1.A pendant with a small crystal embedded in the center. The crystalline shard is rumored to have been in his family for generations. A gift from Matthiaos that Briaerys never takes it off.

Last edited by lydklein; 07-21-2019 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Additional info added.