Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 228
Infestation Infestation Infestation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
I knew I forgot something!

I fixed it. I added mostly elemental languages because I didn't know if there were regional languages I *could* know.
Elemental languages are a good choice. Elven and dwarven are also good. Some of the more barbaric race languages would also be decent since you aren't too far from The Fold. Sylvan is also useful. A lot of the fey are not as malicious toward civilized races as they are in the Golarion setting. In fact, one of your classmates will be a fey creature.

Sarsprilla - Only thing that seems to be missing is one additional language based on Int score, your race gets Ignan for free. Otherwise sheet looks good. No conflicting issues with background.

Phern -
Missing background skills, otherwise the sheet looks good. Background doesn't conflict with setting, though I might provide a tad more detail. What exactly got your family exiled from the capital? How many siblings do you have, and how old? (It's possible to have a sibling go with you to Ilisia if they are similar in age). What does your father do now that you are in Tovia? Do you still get financial support from the main family or have you been cut off? Etc. The more players give me the more I can add fun tidbits to the game.

Working on Ahab, Teotsal, and Grouchy next.

Old 06-29-2019, 03:55 AM
Anonymous Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3567
Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien
I've added a few more details to Raelis' biography. Do let me know if there's some area of the application that you think it would be productive and helpful to flesh out further.
Old 06-29-2019, 04:53 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1347
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infestation View Post
Elemental languages are a good choice. Elven and dwarven are also good. Some of the more barbaric race languages would also be decent since you aren't too far from The Fold. Sylvan is also useful. A lot of the fey are not as malicious toward civilized races as they are in the Golarion setting. In fact, one of your classmates will be a fey creature.
I have updated my languages! Replaced Draconic with Sylvan. I also found some art for him! I hope that helps!
Old 06-29-2019, 05:18 AM
Chaos Elf Fun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1154
Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla
So I get four languages? I have common, Iguan and Elven.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:30 AM
Anonymous Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3567
Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien
With Int 14, you get 2 bonus languages, and Common and Ignan are native for Ifrits, so indeed you get a total of four.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:06 PM
Chaos Elf Fun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1154
Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla
Yee, thanks
Old 06-29-2019, 09:49 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 409
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
Tiseiem

Application
Tiseiem Mudd

Race: Elf. (Fleet Footed Alt Racial Trait.)
Class: Fighter (Calistrian Hunter.)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.
Campaign Trait: Noble Outcast.
Element: Mud from earth or earth.
Favorite Color: Pink.
Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=81211
Personality or Goals: Tiseiem is friendly to most people, but it is very easy to get on his bad side. Ever since his exile he has kept a notebook of all the things anyone has ever done to him, to make it more convenient for him to get revenge. He likes WIP, I just realized I have half an hour to get ready for a real life session.
Background: How many times is too many times to be called "Little Man?" Exactly 3 482 times to be precise. And when the number of times his elder sister's fiancé had called him "Little Man" reached 3 482, the (at the time,) future Count Tiseiem N'lserti knew he couldn't stand it any more. His sister had been his best friend since his birth, and he was happy for her, but he could not stand that man any longer. Always a trouble maker, Tiseiem's pranks were normally harmless and innocent, enabling people to laugh at themselves and have a bit of fun in stuffy noble elven society. That changed very abruptly when he decided to sabotage his sister's marriage. She couldn't be allowed to marry a man like that! Every opportunity he got, he did whatever he could to embarrass the fiancé and make him look bad. The day he tried to hire a wizard to transmute the man into a pig and ship him off to a farm was the day he went too far. His parents shipped Tiseiem off to Trovia with a governess to try and make him right again, and threatened to remove him as their heir.
It has been a year since then, and Tiseiem has been enjoying his life more than ever. Making new friends, tormenting his governess with pranks, and doing whatever he wants. He (unofficially) changed his last name to Mudd, and has been getting into trouble ever since. He has no desire to be a Count, and would much rather live a life of freedom and laughter.

Last edited by MurderInParidise; 07-10-2019 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:15 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Phern
Quote:

Phern -
Missing background skills, otherwise the sheet looks good. Background doesn't conflict with setting, though I might provide a tad more detail. What exactly got your family exiled from the capital? How many siblings do you have, and how old? (It's possible to have a sibling go with you to Ilisia if they are similar in age). What does your father do now that you are in Tovia? Do you still get financial support from the main family or have you been cut off? Etc. The more players give me the more I can add fun tidbits to the game.
The background skills should be added in now. I'm working on an updated backstory that should be up tomorrow.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:41 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 94
DoctorLovePhD
Hi, putting this here as my application and post of interest.

I would also like to know if a drawback for a 3rd trait is allowed (currently designing character on the assumption it is not)

Name: Caniz
Race: Human
Class: Tattooed Sorcerer (still debating bloodline)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Element: Air or Fire (any subtype is also fine, eg lightning)
Favorite Color: The colours in a sunset as it fades to dusk
Fun Feat: Spirit Ridden https://aonprd.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?...pirit%20Ridden

Personality or Goals: The type of person who leaps before looking, amd trusts others easily. Claims to rely on luck to get out of most situations. Refuses to believe in the limits of magic, and seeks to expand the known magical laws.

Background: Growing up daydreaming most of the time, Caniz would speak his thoughts aloud, and was surprised when something answered back. The responding voice was Animus, who became his familiar. In the following years, Caniz learned to harness his magic by listening to the advice of Animus, and in exchange for this advice, offered to play host to the friendly spirit.
Learning from this experience, Caniz has determined that there are spirits in all things, and has often be caught speaking politely to everyday objects. He doesn't mind if they can't speak back yet. In more recent years, Caniz has found it best to do so quietly and understands that others may find the behavior strange and unusual.

"I'm going to figure it out one day. I know I will. The idea that self-only magic exists is flawed. I can share my magic with you, Animus, so I should be able to share it with others. It's gotta be something we're missing. "

Current sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=81230

As I currently am only able to post via mobile, please forgive any formatting issues while I sort out my computer
Old 07-02-2019, 04:57 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 609
Ahab Ahab Ahab Ahab Ahab Ahab
Quote:
Mrjoegangles – Sheet looks good but I would pick up an outfit. Best not to show up at Ilisia naked. Peasants outfit would be sufficient and fitting per background but any of the usual free outfits could be chosen. You also should have one additional language from your Linguistics background skill.

Ahab – Story looks good, nothing conflicting. I can’t view the sheet though.

Runetide – Story looks good, nothing conflicting. Missing languages and Background Skills on the sheet. Linguistics would probably be a good choice for one of them with the class and the librarian background.
Fixed
Old 07-08-2019, 06:10 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8749
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
RinenRace: Larvite (Future Matron)
Class: Primalist bloodrager
Element: Crystaline (Earth subset)
Appearance: For some their elemental affinity is a subtle thing, others it is readily apparent if you just look at them, and then there is Rinen. The young larvites steps clack like stones tossed on the pavement. When she, as the young larvite was born knowing that one day she would be a matron, gets excited she clacks her diamond tipped middle arms together and it sounds like an ancient hunter knapping an arrowhead. Her eyes appear to be fist sized emeralds and the fur on her skin appears as tiny spindles of every gem imaginable, in direct light she scintelates more brilliantly than a fire opal and her silk is clear until the light hits it at the right angle and it creates a corona of cascading colors.

While her voice is deep as all larvites are there is a distinctly feminine quality to her cadence that is difficult to put ones finger on. While she is small the deep furrows she leaves with every step quickly dispels the appearance of frailty of daintyness. Her chitin appears as onyx other than the terminus of her various appendages which have the coloration of the purest diamond.

Personality: You would be forgiven for thinking Riren would be a haughty or imperious individual given her aspiration to be a matron but in person she is friendly, inclusive, and only ferocious in her loyalty. She was born knowing she would be a matron but among her kind that is seen as an obligation, not a position of power.

Background: When you are the last to hatch out of nearly 400 children there is precious little fanfare left to be had Riren didnt care though, she was alive and there was a world to explore while she lived. Her first few years went as most larvites did, living in a small Entobian section of town eating and playing. At six she was no longer bound to the small area and quickly found that she got along with the less exotic humanoids far more than she ever did with her kin. Her passion for all aspects of life and not just the next meal made her particularly close to humans and halfling, the shorter lived truly knew what it meant to live.

Guardian's RageThe day was bright and the bugs were buzzing happily through the streets, something most folks in the city seemed agitated by but Riren found endearing. She had a day of playing with a human girl she had befriended ahead of her and precious little could dampen that. She was nearly to the fountain they had designated for a meeting place when she heard a whimper echoing down a nearby alleyway. The young larvite picked up the pace and shot down the alley, her ears perked for the slightest noise. The sounds of boots on flesh and quiet gasps came soon after she entered. She climbed atop a nearly stacked pair of boxes and finally found the origin, a half-orc being savagely kicked by a human teen and a halfling boy.

Her body reacted without input from her mind d as the larvite launched herself from her perch and the alley rang with the sound of stone crunching through bone as her fist left the human's jaw in pieces. The halfling drew a dagger from his belt and attempted to wave it menacingly before him but it was clear the human had been the muscle of the group. She said nothing, instead using her middle arms tipped claws go scrape the alley wall, leaving a two inch furrow through the stone. The halfling put the dagger away and grabbed the arm of his friend, laboriously hauling the man to safety. "I ever catch you doing something like this again I'll make you a quarterling." The halfling hauled faster.

Riren knelt over the half-orc and while he was too injured to speak he did smile up at her through blood caked lips. "Gonna find you a cleric, got enough saved up I should be able to pay for a healing. You just hold on tight buddy." With that she made her way to the nearest temple and kept her word.

Riren

Last edited by MundayKnight; 07-08-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:17 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1183
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Hoo boy. A LOT of applications on this one. I don't envy Infestation's job on this.

Nearly to the 12th though. Good luck, everyone.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:34 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3842
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
ApplicationName: Vrind Evenpeak
Race: Halfling
Class: Arcanist
Allignment: LG
Campaign Trait: Crush
Fun Feat: Well prepared
Element: In order of preference: Air, Light, Fire, Water, Earth. Though I plan on maybe giving him a casual fascination with fire.
Favorite colour: Beige or yellow, he can't quite choose. Green and red are also quite nice.
Personality/goals: Friendly pretty much is Vrind's second name, at least he'd say it describes him fantastically. He's not one for personal reservations or personal space. This, coupled with his easily excitable demeanor and tendency for cracking jokes in any situation (but lacking a developed sense of humour) however may make people try and get away from him. Regardless of how people react to Vrind's radiant optimism however he carries himself as if oblivious to anyone's oppinion of himself. In truth however this is to not aknowledge anyone disliking him, since he think once he plays off of that there's way for him to befriend the person in question.

Vrind is fiercely loyal to his friends, and in fact anyone who he'd like to befriend, and is prepared to do anything in his power to make sure they're well provided for. He'll do most anything to get a smile on their faces, but might have some trouble connecting on an emotional level on account of his optimism protecting him from experiencing grief like other people do.

The halfling has a complex relationship with magic, on one hand he has an immense fascination concerning the art. On the other hand he's got a healthy respect, that is to say fear, of the practice. Still, it it precisely this combination, enhanced by curiousity, that birthed an allmost gnome-like interest in the delicate workings of magic. The man is hard working and driven in his pursuit of magical know-how.

The closest thing to a goal in Vrind's life isn't too ambitious however, he senses some inherent spark of magic in himself, and he hopes to grow that. Aside from that he simply means to take over his parents' farm, use magic in such a way as to lighten his workload, organise or contribute to the theatre in the harbor square or anywhere else and finally find a woman to share his life and happiness with. A strong sense of justice also drives him to take up his military responsibility, albeit reluctantly, and use anything in his power to bring swindlers and oppressors to justice.

Background: Vrind was born to a pair of fair farmers, their income was far from fantastic, but they made a living from their hard work and managed to work well enough to pay their rent and food. As a youngster Vrind was a bit too weak to really help out at the farm, but since his parents were too busy to really look after him he was allowed to wander around the city. The harbor square in Tovia allways played home to a band of actors, and Vrind was dwarn to the theatre like a moth to a flame. Without fail he went to the harbor square to watch the spectacle. From a young age it was Vrind's dream to perform as an actor and draw in giant crowds of people.

As the halfling grew older however his responsibilities grew with him, and the time he could spend on watching theatre diminished. When Tobard, one of the actors, noticed his absence he spoke to him about it, and soon Tobard became a confident and mentor of sorts. A second father who he could talk to about his problems in life when his own parents wouldn't listen to his complaints. It was Tobard who took Vrind to see a local wizard, a wishgranter by trade, and used some of the money he'd made from the theatre to pay to lighten Vrind's workload. The wishgranter, Zevrim, was a cynical man though, and toroughly enjoyed twisting wishes. When Vrind asked for something to lighten his workload the wizard gave him a scroll and told him to cast the spell bound in the paper on the roof of the barn. The spell would make sure that anything below the roof would no longer require any work.

Vrind did as the sorcerer told him, but since the man came across as a bit shady he did it at night. As the magic lept from the paper to the straw roof it worked quickly. Flames consumed the roof in mere seconds. Burning debris fell crushing, killing and charring the pigs. In panic he ran to get his parents and neighbours, to help extinguish the flames, but between them they only had a handful of leaky buckets and a small well for water. The barn could not be saved and thus a large portion of the family's income was left.

The next day their was no mood for repairs, and so Vrind left to find the mage once more. He managed to find him eventually and scolded him for the scroll he'd sold. The wizard easily blew him off though, after all he'd gotten what he wanted and wasn't doing any farmwork now, was he? Vrind got angry at this point, but after dishing out a few punches he found himself teleported to somewhere in the Tovia had difficulty finding his way back. Eventually he managed and came back home, offering to break his back in labour if that was what it took to rebuild. His parents declined the offer though, knowing that he was physically too weak to be of much help. And so Vrind turned to Tobard, begging for a job as an actor. The man allowed him his spot, and despite his youth paid him a fair wage. After a few weeks of playing on stage Vrind gave his earnings to his parents, who used the money to pay construction workers to aid in repairs.

But Vrind still had one more thing to do, and that was to get his vengeance on that wicked wishgranter. From his preformances, mainly political criticism, Vrind learned some details about the personal lives of some of the senators. He sought out senator Tovvor, who he heard was impotent, and attempted to get an audience with him. For obvious reasons he was refused entry and so he snuck inside instead. Once he came to face the man he simply told him he heard some tales about his predicament and recomended he seek out the sorcerer zevrim. From that moment onwards it didn't take long for Zevrim to find a wealthy customer on his doorstep. When the senator left it took only a few days for a platoon of guards to show up on his doorstep. Zevrim was out of business that day.

Last edited by Sirviantis; 07-11-2019 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:17 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3842
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Thought I'd say this, Vrind is done!
Old 07-12-2019, 12:05 AM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19155
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Here you go, one more to throw in the mix. Please let me know if you would like more info on anything.

Application

Coralia Shallowtide
Chaotic Neutral
Merfolk
Domains: Water and HealingCleric (Priestess of Her Element is WaterWater)

The Gifted, Sometimes Cold Fish Lady who seems a bit protective!

Backstory & Concept
  • Cora looks to be in her early 20's with long black hair that flows down her back all the way to her buttocks. Her face is soft and skin pure if not a bit pale looking. Cora's light blue eyes show strong will and determination and seem to radiate nature's beauty from the way they sparkle in the light.
  • Standing at an average stature of about six foot. Cora's beauty not only stands out from her hair and eyes, but also her lithe hourglass figure that ends in a beautiful frill of her tail. Her body tone is nice and firm as she shows some signs of muscle but the muscle tones are mostly hidden by her soft skins beauty. She also bears a strange birthmark of a Faith Trait: Birthmark - (symbol of Pharasma)spiraling comet around her right bicep. Overall, one could estimate her weighing around one hundred and fifty pounds without gear.
    To accent her natural looks, Cora wears a beautiful white almost transparent shirt that is light and designed for swimming.
  • Favorite Color: Blue (corresponds with her attune to the Element Water as well)
  • Deep down, Cora is an Campaign Trait: Inquisitiveadventurer yearning to explore area's where her kind do not usually travel, and for good reason, it's hard to move on land when you have a tail. But despite her shortcomings, she Free bonus feat: Child of Two Worlds (Story)grew up with her father and got accustomed to the surface as well.
  • At the cusp of adulthood, To show her obedience and faith to (a tiny little water faerie who grants her powers)Pharasma, she Depicted in her character picture (above)collected some bones and laid them in a spiral. At one end of the spiral she placed a slip of parchment with the written name of "Maratha" who was a baby newly born. At the other end of the spiral, she placed a slip of parchment with the written name of "Johnny" who was recently deceased. Once the ritual was in place, she chanted hymns from the bones laid in a spiral while proceeding solemnly around the spiral, trailing a black scarf behind her as she swam. To her, this was her way of learning and A way to represent each of Pharasma's Domains - Death, Healing, Knowledge, Repose, Watersymbolizing Life, Death, Rebirth/transition and love of the waters.
  • It has been several months since she decided to explore more of the sea, the sea is full of life and death, but so are things on land. Though a lot less now, especially with the latest war having been so long ago. It was during these months she had a feeling, a her desire to join the The Black Skullscalling like her father.
    Since then, a few weeks have gone by since then and Cora has managed to make a few new friends and perhaps enemies in this city.

Goal
  • I'd love to watch Cora become a successful priestess and overcome the fact that she is a Merfolk. (How many heroic Mermaids are there! Let's be the first!) Would love to watch her grow while forfilling her own desires of exploration will be fun.

Secrets
Secret Known to Her: There are many secrets the Sea's hold upon their floors. One of the ones she loved was a lost underwater empire called: Ankeshel and very few people above the ocean floor even remotely know of its existence.

Secret Unknown to Her: There is a unknown dark organization who search for lost treasures and would capture her to squeeze information from her if they could for their own benefits.

Contacts
  • (friend) Lydia Waverider (Merfolk) - Her best friend when growing up. However, as Cora yearned for adventure and lived inland, Lydia tried to talk sense into her and get her to rejoin the sea but failed miserably. Being unable to change Cora's mind, she then promised to visit Cora from time to time as they both shared the gift of being able to walk on land. They would meet monthly at their favorite spot just outside the southern part at the waters edge.
  • (Friend) William Calendra (Human) - A well known fisherman who is often found near the docks and his ship. William met Cora one day out at sea when a bad storm hit. She happened to be swimming by and offered to guide him in when the lighthouse was out. In return, he offered his protection and friendship if she was ever to leave the ocean. Little did he know, she intended to visit the city and they ended up spending a few weeks together as she gathered information about the city, area and tried to piece together the messages her dreams meant. It was William who warned her of Erik as he over heard the pirate boasting about it at the local tavern.
  • (Hostile) Erik McDugal (Human) - Erik is a cruel - crazed greed driven pirate who is hunting Cora because she is a merfolk. He believes that members of her race know of the existence of a lost empire and seeks to extract the knowledge from her by any means necessary. Cora was fortunate enough to hear of this rumor and has taken precautions to avoid this person. It wasn't the first time a pirate has sought out her kind. Some would hunt them for revenge, others for knowledge of lost riches... the list goes on and on.

Quirks & Memories
  • Perhaps it was due to the vast open oceans, but Cora has developed a Campaign Trait: Inquisitiveheart of an explorer. Sometimes curiosity gets the best of her, for better or worse. Due to her life traveling on land, not only is she accustomed to traveling weeks away from the water, but she has also Free Bonus feat: Child of Two Worlds (Story)adapted to live on land.
  • One of Cora's Motto's is, "The blessings of water can serve as a key to all life. Life is to be relished and death a final transition. May impossible dreams be pursued for the sheer wonder of the possibility of their completion. May the memories of those passed, pass on to ones born anew, enriching life itself."
  • Despite her love of life. Cora is one curious fish some would say as she enjoys traveling to land and seeking out the Alternate Race Trait: Darkvisiondeepest darkest and coldest parts of the oceans in her spare time. To her there is a whole new world out there that she can reach simply by swimming to it and exiting the waters. She always feels at home in the water, but something else calls to her, a desire to join the The Black Skulls and travel/patrol the underground streams and lakes in the fold like her father once did.

Last edited by kaylara; 07-12-2019 at 12:29 AM.