RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-08-2019, 04:46 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1183
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Beware: I have access to the playtest rules for the SWADE Rifts main book. There's much bigger changes than that, potentially. It's not final yet, but if there's not substantial changes to the playtest document, then characters will need to be heavily revised, if not rebuilt.

It's an issue we're facing on another site I play on.

Last edited by SalmonMax; 07-08-2019 at 04:46 AM.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:26 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1359
Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor
Is it just me or does rebuilding seem like no big deal? It’s effectively more chargen, which I love, with a character that I’m excited about. No complaints here if that ends up being a thing.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:33 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
You make a good point. It's not a big deal, I spose. It might influence how I build my character, but that's not a bad thing.

Tis all good in the end. Sorry to complicate the question.

Hey, can we make custom D-bees as well as use the list provided? I have a notion for an alien who was enslaved by the Federation of Magic, then escaped.

Last edited by SalmonMax; 07-08-2019 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:06 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Ixal
Interesting.
Is there room for a dragon?
Old 07-09-2019, 07:10 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1347
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
Hey, can we make custom D-bees as well as use the list provided? I have a notion for an alien who was enslaved by the Federation of Magic, then escaped.
Yeah you can do that, so long as the math checks out.

As for the dragon... I'd *like* it if I didn't have to worry about that kind of stuff, but if you have a particularly engaging application I may allow it. Just understand that there is some systems in place to help make them at least look balanced. They form bonds with the party, won't set their hindrances until the first sessions of play, etc.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:03 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Ixal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
As for the dragon... I'd *like* it if I didn't have to worry about that kind of stuff, but if you have a particularly engaging application I may allow it. Just understand that there is some systems in place to help make them at least look balanced. They form bonds with the party, won't set their hindrances until the first sessions of play, etc.
Don't worry.
Even in its Savage version the GM needs to keep a tighter control over what is allowed and what not to ensure an good game than with other RPGs where everything is (supposed to be) balanced.
So have fun then, I will safe my dragon concept for some other time.
Old 07-09-2019, 05:14 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics

Name: Mask

Race: Silhouette (custom d-bee)

Framework: Ley Line Walker

Personality: Aloof and cynical, extremely cautious about opening up to people, or trusting them with anything valuable to her. Mask is, however, quite experienced at 'becoming' whatever she needs to in any given situation to achieve her goals. Having made some powerful enemies, Mask now prefers to operate quietly, from the shadows whenever possible...notoriety is the last thing she wants. When she must use magic that is vulgar or flashy, she seeks to do so where there will be no witnesses...otherwise she prefers spells that are harder to trace back to her.

Similar to this obsession with secrecy, Mask is obsessed with those things others keep secret. This is not even necessarily for blackmail or anything nefarious; she just feels more confident when she knows something about someone that they don't know she knows. It can even be something trivial. Of course, if it's not...well, so much the better.

History:
Mask appeared on Earth with her parents as a young child through a Rift. Unfortunately for them, they arrived in an area solidly controlled by the True Federation of Magic, and were quickly apprehended. They were made slaves/research subjects by different mages of the Federation and broken up, never to see one another again.

She quickly learned to nurture her anger and hate for the mages in secret, while presenting a meek and compliant face. She learned too how to assess people...who preferred her to suffer cruel tests and labors in silence, and who were hoping for visible signs of pain. Finally she became property of an archmage who saw in her innate ability some promise as a minion, and so trained her, educated her, and gave her just enough skill to do the tasks he wanted done.

What he didn't know was that Mask had already learned much. Far more than anyone had suspected. Now she knew enough to learn even more on her own; reading any scraps of information her master carelessly left outside lock and key, and listening carefully through walls to conversations thought private. Magic came to her easily, and the first trick she learned was concealing her gift and its magnitude.

The archmage began to suspect the game though, and decided to see just how far she'd come. He sold her to a rival who was looking for sacrifice victims. With her back to a wall, Mask had no choice but reveal the power she'd gathered...killing the mage, as her former master had hoped she might, and making good her escape.

Perhaps one day she'll return to the Federation, with the tools she needs to burn it all to bedrock. Until then, she keeps her old name secret, her face hidden, and seeks allies and power.

Last edited by SalmonMax; 07-10-2019 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:56 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 373
Charlotte Charlotte Charlotte Charlotte
How do we feel about a burster dog soldier? We've got a number of mages and psionicists are not that far removed. Do you think we need more frontliners or skillmongers?
Old 07-09-2019, 11:55 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Bursters are a ton of fun

Also, we can call you Hot Dog, so that's cool.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:10 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
How do we feel about a burster dog soldier? We've got a number of mages and psionicists are not that far removed. Do you think we need more frontliners or skillmongers?
Well, the only restriction for dog-boys is they can't be mages that use PPE. Bursters are totally A-OK.

Actually funny story, the first game I ran IRL, everyone made dog-boy glitterboy pilots. They worked like a pack and were surprisingly effective both in and out of their power armor.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13116
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
left-aligned image

Caedence "Friction" Carr
Human, Female, Late Twenties
MARS Operator / Resident Gearhead / Pilot & Driver

Description
Caedence leans towards a slighter build with her narrow shoulders and her five foot seven height, but she is toned and ready for action. Chestnut brown hair falls a bit beyond her shoulders, though she often wears it back in a pony tail to keep the hair out of her face and getting caught in the multitude of moving parts she deals with on a regular basis. Pale green eyes and a smooth complexion certainly give her a youthful appearance, but the traces of oil, dirt and grease that are frequently found on her hands, clothes and exposed skin certainly paint a picture of somebody who doesn't mind getting their hands dirty. Her swagger certainly suggests she has had some sort of military training, for she lacks any signs of timidness. She favours sturdy and practical clothing with pockets, hooks and rings where she squirrel away her tools, parts and other items she frequently uses.

Personality
Fearless, Cooperative and Optimistic would be the three words that define Caedence the most. She doesn't back down from a challenge and is willing to dive into the task at hand with the assumption that she will be successful in accomplishing it. She prefers to work with a team, knowing that she is not the best at everything and that everybody brings something to the table, and if they work together towards a common goal success will be more assured and far easier. She is also not one to dwell on the mistakes of the past, everybody makes them and she is confident that everybody learns from them, so staying focused on the positive out comes helps others do the same.

Background
Caedence's father, Jackson Carr, had been a scavenger most of his life and a rather good one at that. There were few better than he at taking some broken piece of equipment and salvaging it for parts or getting it working again, and not surprisingly some of that rubbed off on his daughter. Jackson couldn't have been prouder of how she has turned out, she is every bit as gifted mechanically as he was and even inherited some of her mother's reflexes, and while Caedence's mother wasn't alive today he couldn't help but think of her whenever Caedence was around. Her mother Jen, had been a chopper pilot, one of the better ones with nerves of steel and unearthly reflexes. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to keep her from being shot of the sky, and dying in its crash, but she died doing what she loved and at least there was that. So when the chance came for Jackson to get out of the field and settle in at Castle Refuge, he did just that.

Caedence fit right in and spent much of her time in the shop with her dad, and as she grew older it was little surprise that she showed an interest in joining the Tomorrow Legion. Originally part of their logistics division she move up to special forces after they were ambushed during a convoy by a group of bandits, the truck she drove was almost an extension of her and she weaponized it against the bandits in an unexpected fashion. The report cited her at one point steering the truck with one hand while hanging out the door of the cab with a gun in hand to pick off a bandit trying to scale the side of the truck, earned her a commendation and a reputation as one of the craziest drivers in the Tomorrow Legion.

Last edited by OneDarkness; 07-19-2019 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:20 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 373
Charlotte Charlotte Charlotte Charlotte
Firefox
left-aligned image
Firefox

AKA "Hot Dog"
AKA Dog Soldier Designate JV-6462

Description: A dog soldier with a blend of traits, but with fox traits predominant. Wears a utility harness for storing things, and little armor (depends on her flame aura to protect her in a fight.) She exhibits many of the personality traits of a dog soldier - helpful to a fault, sensitive to noise and smells, well-trained in small group tactics and loyal to her pack. Just that he "pack" these days is not a Coailition one.

Background: JV-6262 was bred as a 'hot dog,' an attempt at creating a new blend of beneficial dog soldier traits.
Dice Psionics Table Roll:
1d20 11
This resulted in greatly expanded psionic capability,
Dice Psionics Table Roll:
1d20 4
far beyond the typical dog soldier. These traits proved difficult to replicate, but despite the Coalition's misgivings,
Dice Training Table:
1d20 1
she was given field duty, with disastrous results... that had little to do with her powers.

Her field leader was a psi-stalker who also was a burster, and he turned out to be very jealous that the gift of flame had manifested in this... dog. He recommended that JV-6462 be terminated, on the basis that a dog soldier that could melt a suit of heavy armor was inherently too dangerous. One of the scientists who helped raise JV-6462 - who had found himself fond of the dog soldier - overheard this discussion and couldn't bear to let it happen, so he told the dog soldier and bid her to run.

JV-6462 ran,
Dice Experience and Wisdom Table:
1d20 5
surviving as best as she can away from Coalition lands and having fallen in with the Black Market's elements, that are quite happy to take any gear she herself prefers not to use in favor of her powers. She remains fascinated with flame as most bursters do, but prefers the smell of a spent fire to the roar of an active one; she has made a name for herself as a troubleshooter of a sort. She's lost her pack and doesn't know what to do next, but fate will figure it out for her soon enough; bursters don't tend to stay quiet for long.

Rolls:
Gets the benefit of a raise with any one psionic power
Gains +10 ISP
Has the Scrounger and Connections (Black Market) perks
+5 skill points towards Fighting, Shooting or Throwing

Last edited by Charlotte; 07-12-2019 at 12:31 AM.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:46 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1359
Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor
Bumping his since the deadline is tomorrow. Any last minute takers?

Last edited by Kyramor; 07-18-2019 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:23 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
I was just about to say, Tomorrow's the last day for anyone to get their applications in!

Deadline will be specifically 6PM PST, and I will have my decision by Saturday 6PM PST.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:44 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13116
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Did you need a background for my app i noticed it was marked as complete, but am unfamiliar with the setting to some degree but I am sure I could put something fairly generalized that would fit if needed.