RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 07-14-2017, 09:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3878
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Bump - always looking to expand the world with more players.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Bump. Everyone is welcome - the more the merrier!
Old 07-18-2017, 03:09 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 586
Lykaen Lykaen Lykaen Lykaen Lykaen Lykaen
EDIT: I lied about Druid! Here's my Half-Elf Bard

Edrick Tyborne, the Bard
Name: Edrick Tyborne
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Bard
Background: Entertainer - Flutist
Character Sheet: Edrick Tyborne
What about this game concept appeals to you?
Normally as a player I get really deep into story, and combat becomes this annoying thing I have to just get through. I also really like the pace of the game, as I often find myself thinking PbP is way too slow.
Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you?
It may be odd for me to really hone in on combat at the expense of story, but I see it as a nice challenge.
Any questions you might have?
Nope!
Experience with 5e
I've DM'd a highly successful 5e game since the edition came out. I'm also playing two 5e campaigns here on RPGX, and looking to DM one as well. I'm not new to the system, but I haven't been up to high levels yet.
Expected post rate
At least two times per day, probably more.

Last edited by Lykaen; 07-18-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:34 PM
The Moon's Mist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 202
Lunermist Lunermist Lunermist
Simara Scortch
left-aligned image

Simara Scortch
Female Fire Genasi Barbarian

Character Sheet

Background: Soldier, Slicing Flame Company, "Flame Dervish"
Class: Barbarian (Some Rogue Later)
Role: Tanky-DPS

What about this game concept appeals to you?
I want some practice with some classes I don't normally play.

Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you?
Not really,

Experience with 5e
been in an active IRL game for almost a year now.

Expected post rate.
at least 1/day

Old 07-19-2017, 11:41 PM
The Dawnwarden

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 233
Cobalt XIV Cobalt XIV Cobalt XIV
Xangrephor
left-aligned image
Name: Xangrephor Lantherval
Race/Class: Eladrin/Wizard
Role: Crowd Control/Support
Background Sage
Trait: I use polysyllabic words that convey the impression of great erudition. There is nothing I like more than a good mystery.
Ideal: The path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge.
Bond: My life's work is a series of tomes related to a specific field of lore.
Flaw: Most people scream and run when they see a demon. I stop and take notes on its anatomy.

Background:
The Lantherval name is one synonymous with magic. From an early age, he was encouraged to pursue magic studies. Xangrephor didn’t object due to his fascination with the field and the extraordinary skill that his parents displayed. His childhood was spent preparing for entry into the Arcanum of Magic. Once granted entry, he focused on doing his best and learning all he could, engaging in friendly competition with his brother along the way.

As time went on, Xangrephor wanted to make a name for himself. He wished to not simply be known for his family name but instead to have his own accomplishments to speak of. Word reached him of an unexplored dungeon. The promise of hidden knowledge and power was too strong to ignore. He set off to discover what mysteries awaited him.

What about this concept appeals to you?
The prospect of being involved in a large, expanding, fast-paced, combat oriented game. I’ve never been able to play a character past the early levels. The opportunity to play as a wizard gaining unimaginable power is too good to pass.

Is there anything about this game concept that doesn’t necessarily appeal to you?
Not in particular.

Is the Identify spell useful in this particular game for discovering the stats of magic items, or will the information of magic items be discernable once found? Are knowledge skills useful (arcana, history, investigation, etc.) in this game?

Experience with 5e?
I’ve been involved in a few games and watched a few. I understand the rules and have access to the books.

Expected post rate?
Daily; possibly multiple times in a day if things are moving quickly enough.

Last edited by Cobalt XIV; 08-15-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:20 AM
Space Lord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 272
neltymind neltymind neltymind
I am toying around with the idea of a rogue/ranger who is basically some kind spy/fantasy equivalent to a black ops guy.

Having the spells from the ranger class would not be very thematic, as I imagine him as a guy who uses mundane methods like physical skill, tactics and stuff like that.

Would it be possible to play the Spell-less Ranger? I am not sure in which category this falls as it is more than a subclass but also not a completely unique new class.

Edit: Or maybe it would even be possible to create basically the same thing based on the revised ranger from UA? That would actually be want I really want. I just realized that the spell-less ranger is based on the original one.

Last edited by neltymind; 07-20-2017 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:52 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
The spell-less ranger is available, yes. Thanks for expressing interest - looking forward to seeing your character!
Old 07-20-2017, 12:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3651
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Quote:
Originally Posted by neltymind View Post
I am toying around with the idea of a rogue/ranger who is basically some kind spy/fantasy equivalent to a black ops guy.

Having the spells from the ranger class would not be very thematic, as I imagine him as a guy who uses mundane methods like physical skill, tactics and stuff like that.

Would it be possible to play the Spell-less Ranger? I am not sure in which category this falls as it is more than a subclass but also not a completely unique new class.

Edit: Or maybe it would even be possible to create basically the same thing based on the revised ranger from UA? That would actually be want I really want. I just realized that the spell-less ranger is based on the original one.
I haven't looked closely at them, but there are also the UA Rogue sub Scout and Fighter sub Scout (I think it's the same name for each class, strangely) - maybe one of those would fit.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:43 PM
Space Lord

Tools
User Statistics
@Agrudez: Great! Are you also okay with having it based on the revised ranger?

@secretID: The scout seems to aim for something I am looking for flavour-wise, but it still doesn't offer enough to replace ranger alltogether because of the Natural Explorer class feature. The Scout just gets some skill profiencies in survival and nature but nothing about being a good hunter or being good at traveling natural terrain and all the other nice and thematic stuff of Natural Explorer. So I'll need to start as a ranger anyway and then take 3 additional levels of rogue to even become a scout. Waiting until level 4 to have what I actually want to play doesn't sound very appealing to me.

Therefore I would be happy to be able to take multiple ranger levels without getting spellcasting which I don't want while getting some other nice skills as compensation.

Edit: Huh, didn't realise there were two posts and confused Agrudez and secretID with each other. But now I get it. Text adapted.

Last edited by neltymind; 07-20-2017 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@neltymind: Yes, base it on the revised ranger, but understand that this is your "conclave" pick in lieu of Hunter, Beast or Underdark scout. You still get the other upgrades like the buffed natural explorer and primeval awareness, though.

Last edited by Agrudez; 07-20-2017 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:25 AM
Space Lord

Tools
User Statistics
I see this is more complicated than I thought.
The old ranger got an extra attack at level 5, no matter what conclave he was. The revised ranger changed that to a conclave feature only the hunter and the deep stalker get, while the new beastmaster got a companion that operates independently instead.

So the spell-less ranger is supposed to have it as loosing it without getting anything in return would be a massive nerf.

So would this still be included?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Last edited by neltymind; 07-22-2017 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:16 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
It'd get extra atk at 5, yes - sorry for the confusion, I forgot the new beastmasters don't get it.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:24 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
PJtheFuzzy
Grusdrog Greatchin
Name: Grusdrog Greatchin
Race/Class: Mountain Dwarf/Fighter
Role: Damage / Tank
Background: Soldier

Background: Assigned to a remote military outpost after joining the clan defense force, I've spent the first few years of my career making small metal objects day in and day out. Nails, hinges, spikes, shovels, scissors - you name it, I've made it. Not weapons though, I wasn't deemed skilled enough for that yet. One night a few weeks ago, our company was set upon by a band of orcs while out on patrol. Completely taken by surprise, I fought in vain as I watched my allies fall around me, and we were quickly overtaken. I awoke a short time later having been merely been knocked unconscious and assumed dead, with the bodies of the dead scattered about. Disgusted with my lack of ability to combat the orc attack and overcome with guilt for having survived, I set out in search of a way to gain more power to one day return and avenge my fallen brethren.

What about this concept appeals to you?
I like the combat focused, fast paced nature and also am looking forward to trying out a class that I usually don't play.

Is there anything about this game concept that doesn’t necessarily appeal to you?
Nope.

Most have been answered in previous posts.

Experience with 5e?
Relatively new, have been playing another play by post and one IRL game for a few weeks. Very familiar with 2nd/3rd edition D&D game mechanics via Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, etc. but still learning the nuances of 5e.

Expected post rate?
At least once a day, more if the game moves faster.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:50 AM
Space Lord

Tools
User Statistics
NameBlaine Blackwood

ClassRevised Ranger with no spells

BackgroundVariant Soldier: Elite Scout

Character Sheet

AppearanceBlain Blackwood has seen over 50 winters and nobody would ever doubt that. He is a man of average height and wiry build. His movements are precise and controlled while his face has usually a stern and serious expression. He is clad in simple leather armour and worn boots. On his hip, you can spot several light blades of different size.

What about this game concept appeals to you?I love all three main pillars of D&D: Combat, roleplay and exploration. So far, all my games at RPGX are very roleplay heavy and at least one is also exploration-heavy but combat doesn't play a big role at all. So I am really intrigued to take part in a game providing this experience.

-Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you?
The perfect game for me would somehow balance the combat and roleplay aspect more evenly, I guess. But that's not an issue as I have other games to tend to my roleplay needs.

Questions
  • What do you mean with "Please find a spot in your sheet to itemize both EXP and Currency."?
  • Will you use digital battlemaps with a grid or something along those lines?

Experience with 5e
  • I have read the PHB, big chunks of the DMG and some Volo's
  • At the moment I am playing in a weekly Roll20 campaign
  • I am DMing a 5e game at RPGX right now
  • Playing at the following games at RPGX right now: "Giantslayers!" and "A Heroic License"
  • Did a Pen & Paper Oneshot as a DM

Expected post rate1/day for longer posts
Multiple times a day for short stuff like melee attacks in combat, rolling for initiative etc.

Last edited by neltymind; 07-25-2017 at 04:31 AM.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
To celebrate our 7500th post we are having our first game wide event: The Dragon's Den. Unlike our expeditions, this game will be viewable by the public and, as such, would make a great read-along for anyone that has been on the fence about joining thus far.

And yes, that means we are, indeed, still recruiting! We're currently at 25 active adventurers and always believe in the phrase, "the more the merrier". For fun, here are some interesting stats put together by our game's new co-DM about how the first two months of the game have gone thus far:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkieP View Post
Doesn't feel long ago at all Ag posted about just hitting 5k posts, and now we're at 7.5k already. This game is a sailing along, so first and foremost thanks to all the players making that happen. Likewise, to Ag for putting this all together to begin with

So, thought I'd put together some details, because I love a good spreadsheet.
It took us 54 days to make it to 7.5k, averaging out at around 139 posts per day to hit that number. Which is a crazy amount, all things considered. And Ag himself earned the 7,500th post...apparently from an airport restroom, so, that's a fun fact!

To get all those posts, we need mighty heroes, of which we have 25 of them, with an average level of 2.2
The 25 are mostly Human (Variant) because apparently everyone loves a good feat, as we have 7 of them in the game. Half-Elves slacking behind making up only three heroes.

Classes is probably no shock that of our 55 levels seemingly everyone has a little fighter in them, as 14 of these levels are dropped there. Barbarian and Rogue sail in behind, at 8 and 6 respectively. With the poor Monk at the bottom of the table, only a single level taken there.

These adventurers have been busy too. Knocking up 17 Expeditions, of which 12 have been completed, putting it at roughly 1 Expedition completed every 4.5 days. The most popular holiday destination being Sand in which we have had 7 Expeditions to.

And what have they been doing in those dungeons? Earning 25,305 xp apparently. Netting 468 xp every single day.

There have been 0 player deaths, and 0 Total Party Kills.
Unhappy DMs about the above stat? At least one....

So, thanks again to you all. Dragon time is coming soon, and let's see where we can take this game (plans for more things are in the works, but if you have suggestions or elements you want to see more of, feel free to inbox us)