Notices

Old 06-28-2017, 10:48 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1055
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
I am interested in this game for sure.

What is your preferred ratio of Combat/Exploration/Social Interaction?
Combat 40%, Exploration 30%, Social Interaction 30%.

What types of characters do you like to play (e.g., melee, ranged, stealth, spell caster)?
almost always play rogues or rangers, i like skills and ranged combat. i like the idea of randomizing though and trying something new.

Posting frequency
usually once per day but sometimes kids get in the way.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:38 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1086
Gazmania Gazmania Gazmania Gazmania Gazmania Gazmania Gazmania Gazmania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuvash255 View Post
My personal take on it that anything outside of discovering new areas (in the overworld or in a dungeon) and combat is a "social" aspect of the game.

So, stuff like in-party banter, chatting with locals in town, attempting diplomacy with the natives we find, investing in the town, relaying discoveries to other players... all that good stuff!
This is also what I meant when I prioritised social/exploration. I'm not particularly looking for social/intrigue based missions, as with this kind of a game the exploration and combat based missions take precedent. I more meant that I prefer the RP side of things to the actual combat sections, but only because of how they tend to slow things down. But really, I'd be happy with any sort of role to roll play split, I'm just looking forward to getting back into the game!
Old 06-29-2017, 12:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3878
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
If it gets resurrected I'd be interested in re-joining. I only dropped out once it became clear that the DM either was A) never coming back or B) never going to have my trust that he wouldn't just disappear again.

Last edited by Agrudez; 06-29-2017 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2906
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agrudez View Post
If it gets resurrected I'd be interested in re-joining. I only dropped out once it became clear that the DM either was A) never coming back or B) never going to have my trust that he wouldn't just disappear again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymconeshot
There will be RP opportunity aplenty when dealing with town folk. However on a trek this game is heavily geared towards combat.
The game is coming mightmconeshot is the lead DM. He has recruited DMchimiboy and myself as co-DMs. We working on getting the world set-up. Hopefully multiple DMs will reduce the risk of the game collapsing again.
1)Characters, but not XP and gold, can be brought over from the initial West Marches
2) My bad on the question about Combat vs. Exploration vs. Social Interaction. It was meant to help players find compatible players. Per mighty, the game will be combat focused outside of town - which is where all the XP and Gold is located.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:41 PM
I enjoyed THACO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3789
Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper Trapper
I'm interested.

Exploration > Combat > Social.

What types of characters do you like to play (e.g., melee, ranged, stealth, spell caster)?

I have played characters of every role and am flexible.

What is your ideal posting frequency?
5-6 times per week. More for social, where I don't have to look up/verify rules before posting.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerook View Post
The game is coming mightmconeshot is the lead DM. He has recruited DMchimiboy and myself as co-DMs. We working on getting the world set-up. Hopefully multiple DMs will reduce the risk of the game collapsing again.
1)Characters, but not XP and gold, can be brought over from the initial West Marches
2) My bad on the question about Combat vs. Exploration vs. Social Interaction. It was meant to help players find compatible players. Per mighty, the game will be combat focused outside of town - which is where all the XP and Gold is located.
Oh, nice. I like that change - the last iteration seemed more story than combat even outside of town. Looking forward!

What is your preferred ratio of Combat/Exploration/Social Interaction?: Social>Combat>Exploration.
Combat >>> Exploration > Social Interaction

The best roleplaying evolves organically out of combat/explorations, anyway, so you can't really cleanly segregate the categories.

If the rolls allow, my favorite classes are melee casters (Bladesinger wizards, stone/favored soul sorcerers, etc.).

Between Dungeon Dive and City of Endless Arenas, I think most people here know that I'm online a disturbing amount.

Last edited by Agrudez; 06-29-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:36 PM
Descendant of Dragons

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6024
Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon
Quote:
Between Dungeon Dive and City of Endless Arenas, I think most people here know that I'm online a disturbing amount.
You and me both, friend.

I have Sworn the oath of Sangus!
Old 06-29-2017, 06:10 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 806
Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded
Quote:
Can't be that much... Checks profile...

Posts Per Day: 18.51

Wow.

Last edited by Fadonsuded; 06-29-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadonsuded View Post
Can't be that much... Checks profile...

Posts Per Day: 18.51

Wow.
Dungeon Dive is averaging 150 posts/day... I'm barely making a dent!
Old 06-29-2017, 06:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9603
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Yeah I am not going anywhere soon, unless something drastically drastically drastically change. So this game could go for a long long time.

Last edited by mightymconeshot; 06-29-2017 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1838
MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymconeshot View Post
Yeah I am not going anywhere soon, unless something drastically drastically drastically change. So this game could go for a long long time.
Looking forward to it!
Old 06-29-2017, 06:46 PM
Descendant of Dragons

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6024
Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon
Well, i am sure if something were to happen one GM could transfer ownership to another before taking any sort of hiatus.

I have Sworn the oath of Sangus!
Old 06-29-2017, 07:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 436
The Morrígan The Morrígan The Morrígan The Morrígan The Morrígan
Interested

Hello everyone,

I have played RPG's on and off since the late 80's. I'm an amateur writer who enjoys "following where the story leads" so long as it's a good story. Definitely not one to power game or rail road. I'm very interested in playing a druid in this game.

I enjoy them all equally

Druids, Clerics, Warriors

Posting frequency
Several times a day

Last edited by The Morrígan; 06-29-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:07 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 486
HQD HQD HQD HQD HQD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bratr View Post
Would there be interest in an all scout oriented group, perhaps 3 or 4 individuals who are good at staying out of trouble and just mapping the lay of the land for other groups to tackle. Would be interesting to maybe have a diplomat, a survival expert, and a stealthy character.

A group like this would probably definitely make for a more exploration and social interaction focus over combat.
I'll be carrying over my character from the previous iteration of WM, and he would be ideal for this. Well-statted for survival, stealth, tracking, and the like. He's not very social though. I also don't know who we'd be social with >.> As rook said, there won't be much social interaction outside of town.

GM of A Name in the Stars, ffg WH40k Black Crusade. Semi-open recruitment. PM for details.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1556
Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad Tad
I too would be interested in giving this a whirl... I'm new to 5e and new to PbP, but with that said...

I am interested in this game for sure.

Equal ratio works for me, but as long as it's not 100% combat I'm down with it (I've got the combat-centric CoEA as my only game (other than the NPSG) and would like a different experience)

I've enjoyed all of the above, though have least experience with casters.

Posting frequency
I say 4-5/week in case I go away on the weekend. I find myself posting more frequently (or looking for an opportunity to post more frequently) but don't want to over-commit.

Do we have to apply and be accepted, or do we just pop over to the WestMarch forum and roll some dice in an OOC thread?