Old 06-30-2017, 12:21 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 419
bratr bratr bratr bratr bratr
Quote:
Originally Posted by HQD View Post
I also don't know who we'd be social with >.> As rook said, there won't be much social interaction outside of town.
By social I am thinking, capture a goblin straggler and then have someone who can pump him for information. And to survive, we'll clearly need to be able to fight. I coming from the view that a scout group that can find and mark points of interest would make it easier for more dungeon crawling focused groups to then overcome difficult traps or slay dragons.

I like the idea of a group that's skilled enough to venture into say a level 3-4 area, get information, sketch a map, and get out, without dying. I guess a bit Attack on Titan Survey Corps, if that reference helps.

Last edited by bratr; 06-30-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:23 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 486
HQD HQD HQD HQD HQD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bratr View Post
By social I am thinking, capture a goblin straggler and then have someone who can pump him for information. And to survive, we'll clearly need to be able to fight. I coming from the view that a scout group that can find and mark points of interest would make it easier for more dungeon crawling focused groups to then overcome difficult traps or slay dragons.

I like the idea of a group that's skilled enough to venture into say a level 3-4 area, get information, sketch a map, and get out, without dying. I guess a bit Attack on Titan Survey Corps, if that reference helps.
Love it. Though my character will have a hard time saying no to the dragon-slaying group, specifically. But he can do both

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Do we have to apply and be accepted, or do we just pop over to the WestMarch forum and roll some dice in an OOC thread?
For now, we're just waiting on admins to either give the new gm's control of the old west marches or give them a new game forum to work with. Once one of those things happen, they'll post a link here and you can go there to find the dice-rolling thread.

GM of A Name in the Stars, ffg WH40k Black Crusade. Semi-open recruitment. PM for details.

Last edited by HQD; 06-30-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:32 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1055
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
Are we ready to roll up the random stats yet?
id like to start thinking of a concept.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 930
J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStone View Post
Are we ready to roll up the random stats yet?
id like to start thinking of a concept.
Not yet, we are waiting about the game. Will it be the same with a different DM or a new game?
Old 06-30-2017, 03:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2906
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2B View Post
Not yet, we are waiting about the game. Will it be the same with a different DM or a new game?
1. New Game, New DM(s). Characters can come over from the old West Marches.
2. Just waiting for @mightmconeshot to make the threads/folders official.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:27 PM
Punster

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 272
azzarain azzarain azzarain
GeneralQ: What is your preferred ratio of Combat/Exploration/Social Interaction?
A: Well crafted, challenging and regular combat intersparsed by long 'break' periods for social.

Q: What types of characters do you like to play (e.g., melee, ranged, stealth, spell caster)?
A: Primarily magic, but gishes are fun.

Q: What is your ideal posting frequency?
A: 5-7 per week. I'm on most work days.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1838
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
I would like to transfer my Elf ranger to the New West Marches if everything is approved. My group was moving slowly and did not not get far; about second round of combat in our first encounter.

What is your preferred ratio of Combat/Exploration/Social Interaction?
30% Combat, 40% exploration, 30% social. Everything goes hand in hand so it depends on the group I join and what 'quest' we're doing.

What types of characters do you like to play (e.g., melee, ranged, stealth, spell caster)?
I prefer to play melee close combat fighters or ranged attacked focused casters. So my my elf ranger is new to me, learning to play more ranged attack/support than being in the thick of the fight.

What is your ideal posting frequency?
2-3 times a week. I've got several games going right now but once one of them wraps up I would be able to devote more time to this game.
Tower graduate #820
Old 06-30-2017, 10:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9603
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
The game thread is up. We ( I ) am working on finalizing the threads and everything. Haven't had a chance to get on today due to personal issues/life. But I am aiming for character creation to be started tomorrow (12-18 hours for those who don't live in Pacific time zone).
Old 06-30-2017, 10:16 PM
Descendant of Dragons

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6024
Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon Dakkon
I'm just going to transfer my previously approved West character over.

I have Sworn the oath of Sangus!
Old 06-30-2017, 10:26 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3604
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
I can't wait to roll some dice
Old 06-30-2017, 11:19 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 417
Konton Konton Konton Konton Konton
Posting interest, need to go through all these posts if I missed anything else

What is your preferred ratio of Combat/Exploration/Social Interaction?
I don't have a ratio really, I think I favor everything equally. But I haven't played in a while so I may be fooling myself
What types of characters do you like to play (e.g., melee, ranged, stealth, spell caster)?
Spell casters all the way
What is your ideal posting frequency?
2-3 times a week+
Old 07-01-2017, 12:15 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56
Kyrroeth
I'm new to this site but I've played in two other 5e games on another site. I'm very familiar with 5e. It is my favorite version.

What is your preferred ratio of Combat/Exploration/Social Interaction? Social/combat/exploration ( I really enjoy all aspects)

What types of characters do you like to play (e.g., melee, ranged, stealth, spell caster)? I like stealth and spell casters. I usually play rogues, clerics or warlocks. I'm excited to have it chosen randomly in this game.

What is your ideal posting frequency? I can post daily.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2249
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin
Posting interest. I really like the idea of a a free form world.

I will decide character race and class after rolling.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
And Game Thread is live. Have at it. Start creating characters and making your groups known. Our DMs will start posting rumors and hooks to give you ideas.

Last edited by mightymconeshot; 07-03-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
We have had many wonderful characters. Come throw your hat in and join us!