RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 11-30-2018, 06:00 PM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5496
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
Update: my app is now complete.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:16 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 157
Charlotte Charlotte
Here's what I got: Alan Oake, human solarian and someone who's been Through Some Stuff.

Starfinder Society
Independent Contractor Agreement
SF 601 Rev 2-56
Forward to the Bureau of Starfinder Personnel upon completion

1. Name: Alan Oake

2. Race: Human

3. Alignment: Neutral Good

4. Appearance

Alan is youthful, and the wear of living in the Diaspora seems to have slid off him like water; he's handsome, though he doesn't seem to know it. Lately he's taken to making sure he's clean-shaven, having gotten over his need to seem older than he is.

5. Theme: Mercenary

6. Class: Solarian

7. Background Check:

Alan is a child of the Diaspora, and he was always healthy and strong, so he was seemingly destined to become a mercenary - and he did so, as a member of the one-time minor-league mercenary unit, the Redcloaks. But fate had other plans for the young man.

A chance encounter in the Vast caused the captain to be possessed by some sort of sentient color that warped and twisted him, turning him into an unstoppable killing machine that killed the rest of the crew. He was only finally stopped when Alan managed to vent the ship's oxygen out the airlock, forcing the creature into deep space, where presumably it died (although sensors couldn't confirm anything, so Alan isn't fully sure.) With damaged oxygen resequencers and a distress beacon pinging uselessly, Alan faced the prospect of slowly asphyxiating int he depths of space.

He very nearly died - but was rescued by a chance encounter with a Starfinder exploration vessel. When Alan awoke, a mote of energy - a balanced sphere of photons and gravitons - appeared at his side. His near-death encounter had awakened something within him, that he still isn't full sure how to control. The vastness of the universe, and the tension between the acts of creation and destruction, now speaks within him as a solarian. Now he is trying to figure out what it all means.

8. Meritorious Conduct:
See above. In addition to the above incident, which displayed resourceful thinking in the face of the unknown, the crew of the rescue vessel describe him as "helpful to a fault" - despite his relative inexperience, he helped pinch-hit on gunnery duty to ensure safe passageway through an asteroid belt, and he was willing to work hard to ensure that others' needs were met.

9. Motivation:

Survivor's Guilt: Alan is not fully over the death of his crew, and feels a melancholy over why he survived when a dozen others perished. He also sometimes wonders if the captain survived, despite falling out of an airlock into hard vacuum and getting caught in the gravitational pull of a sun. (Some fears aren't rational. But sometimes the universe isn't, either.)
Loyalty: Alan is grateful for his rescue and genuinely interested in the Starfinder Society's mission on its own merits; he's not an expert on history, but an enthusiastic amateur, and the universe in its glory calls to him now in a way it didn't before.
Something Has Awoken Within Me: In addition to wanting to fully explore what it means to be a solarian and what the grand tension between creation and destruction means for him, Alan is also reasonably sure he's transgender and is meant to be a girl. The serum is common enough, but it does cost money, and wanting money for medical treatment translates into a pretty solid motivation to become an adventurer.

Acknowledgements and Agreements
By completing this application, I acknowledge that:

I will be an independent contractor of the Starfinder Society
I will be placed on a crew of 4-6 individuals.
The crew will jointly finance a ship furnished by the Starfinder Society, to be repaid within 2 years of assignment.
The Starfinder Society will withhold 15% of mission payments in service to this debt.
The Starfinder Society will have first option on purchasing information, resources, salvage and other items of value collected on a Starfinder Society sanctioned mission.
Crew members are expected to maintain sufficient conditioning to keep pace with one another.
Upon repayment of ship and equipment financing, - I will be eligible to become a full member of the Starfinder Society and enjoy all the privileges and benefits that come with that status.

Last edited by Charlotte; 12-03-2018 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Some format stuff
Old 12-01-2018, 02:56 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 61
HandsOfBlue
Expressing interest and submitting application, if it's not too late. I know chances are slim at this point, but I couldn't pass up the chance at a Starfinder game!

Starfinder Society: Recruiter Derrial, B.
SF 601 Rev 2-56

1. Name: Cailynn Jaite Eyrefrei

2. Race: Halfling

3. Alignment: NG

4. Appearance:
Height: 3'2" inches
Weight: Approximately none of your business pounds
Build: Athletic
Hair: Long, dyed red with streaks of blue, tied in braid hanging over left shoulder, right side shaved
Eyes: Green
Identifying Markings:
- Tattoo of stars forming the word "Shiny" on field of black space, inside right forearm
- Tattoo of open rainbow parasol leaning on dissassembled starship engine parts, outer left forearm
Clothing (Worn at time of pickup for identification):
- Dark green mechanic's coveralls, typically zipped to waist.
- Toolbelt
- Red sleeveless top sitting slightly above midriff
- Chronometer, left wrist
- Green duffle
- Darkened welding glasses, atop head

5. Theme: Roboticist

6. Class: Mechanic

7. Background Check: The daughter of a poor mechanic on Akiton, Cailynn never had much. Her mother died of illness when Cailynn was only ten years old, an event from which her father never quite recovered. She spent most of the following years keeping him company and helping him in his shop, repairing vehicles and various mundane technologies. Working through the difficulties of her life, she found she had a near-intuitive facility for mechanical contraptions. That facility eventually grew into passion and, despite her father's urgings, it would lead her to sneak off to spend time with some friends she made among the local Ysoki, learning from them whatever her father was unable to teach her.

Once she reached adulthood, Cailynn had to make a heartbreaking decision. She realized that her father's financial situation would never improve and that he couldn't keep up his hard work forever. She hated to leave him, but in order to take care of him she needed work and she desperately needed to get off of Akiton. Cailynn began looking for work as a ship's mechanic, which she eventually found. Walking onto the first ship to hire her, she took one look around the engine room and promptly walked back off. She later saw on a news report that the ship, running on a Capissen 38 engine, had crashed on the surface of Castrovel during its maiden voyage. After a few more weeks, she found work on a light cargo hauler, the Chistota Neba, whose previous mechanic was prettier than he was bright. Serving successfully aboard that ship for several years, she ended up falling in love with the ship's medic. Unfortunately, he had continuous family issues and a complete inability to function in a normal relationship. Unable to continue working on the ship after their eventual breakup, Cailynn asked to be dropped off at the nearest spaceport. As luck would have it, she found work right away in the form of a holovert for a job with the Starfinder Society on Absalom station...

8. Meritorious Conduct: Candidate related an incident aboard the Chistota Neba. Any and all grammatical and spelling errors are intended to capture candidate's...unique speech patterns.

"One time, we were ridin' out into some black part o' space 'cause of a little blip on the scanners that the Cap'n was keen to set his eyes on. Turns out, was a big empty transport ship, but for all the stars in space we couldn't get hold of anyone. A couple close-range scans later, and we reckon it must be abandoned. We got all suited up just in case her hull were breached somewhere we couldn't see and went on board, but weren't nothin' wrong with her. Here she was, floatin' along, everything ship-shape, and not a thing wrong with her. Cargo was even still there. Cap'n took a mind to take the cargo, what with noone to claim it, so we set to movin' things over into Neba. That's when we found the bodies. Stars, there were dozens of 'em. Wouldn'ta even noticed 'em, hadn't been for the blood drops from the ceiling. The whole crew, seemed like, mutilated, skinned, and...I don't really wanna get on that train. Anyway, we went about gettin' 'em down, the poor souls. Had a holy man on board with us was keen to do the blessin's for 'em. While he was seein' to the dead, we kept loadin' cargo. That's when the Cap'n found the only survivor. Or he found the Cap'n, more like. Jumped right outta his hidey hole, mad as an Ikeshti in mating season, and tried to take a little knife to the Cap'n. Cap'n's a big, strong man though, and knocks him a solid thump upside the head. Put him out in one swipe. Such an impressive man, when he wants to be and he's not tryin' too hard. So the godfriend is doin' his ceremony, Doc's got the looney, and the boys have the cargo in the hold when our pilot notices somethin' off. Darn thing was booby-trapped! She'd been rigged to blow once attached to if whichever ship tried to detach. I figured it out though. Took me long enough, but I did it. Had to get in and do the work myself, which made me ten kinds o' nervous, but we got through and that's what counts.

I also got shot once by a really twitchy passenger, and there was another time that I got tied up and threatened by a creepy bounty hunter who was after another passenger. I was so scared, but, thinkin' again, if you aren't needin' any more I think I'll just let those alone."

9. Motivation: "Well that's real simple. I need to take care of Daddy, and sending money home's the only way I got to do that right now. Just happens that I'd also get to see the stars and all kindsa other places. And the ship! I can't wait to see her and fix her up better'n she ever was!

I will be an independent contractor of the Starfinder Society
I will be placed on a crew of 4-6 individuals.
The crew will jointly finance a ship furnished by the Starfinder Society, to be repaid within 2 years of assignment.
The Starfinder Society will withhold 15% of mission payments in service to this debt.
The Starfinder Society will have first option on purchasing information, resources, salvage and other items of value collected on a Starfinder Society sanctioned mission.
Crew members are expected to maintain sufficient conditioning to keep pace with one another.
Upon repayment of ship and equipment financing, - I will be eligible to become a full member of the Starfinder Society and enjoy all the privileges and benefits that come with that status.

Last edited by HandsOfBlue; 12-01-2018 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Numbers in excess
Old 12-01-2018, 07:31 PM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9935
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsOfBlue View Post
Expressing interest and submitting application, if it's not too late. I know chances are slim at this point, but I couldn't pass up the chance at a Starfinder game!
Komi just reopened applications less than a week ago with no deadline in mind. I wouldn't worry about being late .
Old 12-01-2018, 11:54 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
NICODELRICO
just wanted to quickly clarify something for my app - vovingo can take a captain's role, but it's not necessary! otherwise, he can just be a speaker/negotiator type. or just be generally use-questionable yet fashion-unparalleled.
Old 12-02-2018, 02:46 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1119
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
“Application”
Starfinder Society
SF 601 Rev 2-56

1. Name: Mirabelle Ch'tall.

2. Race: Ysoki.

3. Alignment: Lawful Good.

4. Appearance One does not particularly think of 'grace' or 'elegance' when it comes to rodents, but this Ysoki nonetheless manages to convey both. Even at 3'9, her movements are light and flowing, her gait sprightly, and her demeanor is nothing if it is not optimistic and friendly. Her fur is earthy-toned - A lush brown with a lighter underside - and is always well-kept and immaculately groomed (unless, of course, she's been working), and her eyes are wide and sparkling, though some might find the black sclera to be slightly concerning. While many might find it hard to readily discern the average Ysoki's gender from one and the next, there is little difficulty in defining Mirabelle's, owing to her very... considerable, and occasionally troublesome, endowments. Utilitarian wear - Tough overalls or coveralls and the like - festooned with pockets and belts filled with various handy tools and miscellany is her usual wear when she is working, but outside of that she tends to be garbed in the latest fashionable and expensive garments as one might expect of a debutante.
Mirabelle's personality is best defined as saccharine sweet - Philanthropic causes delight her, and while she won't hesitate to fight if necessary, she would much rather solve issues diplomatically; she tries to never have a bad word for anyone, strives for solutions that works to both party's benefit, and owing to her proclivities toward charity and friendliness (to say nothing of an aristocratic background), tends to know many persons in at least a fleeting fashion in whatever environment she is in. Her status as an Icon is, for the most part, owing to her endeavors in charitable causes - As the daughter of a well-known and well-respected designer of customized starship systems (and the granddaughter of a designer of starships period), it is surprisingly easy to convince other wealthy and influential individuals to donate to various causes made to help the less fortunate. Sarenrae would certainly approve.
And while she does so enjoy helping others and advocating for the general good, her true love is starships. Given that her family made its money and acclaim from feats of mechanics and engineering, and that she was raised around researchers and designers, it shouldn't be too much of a surprise that the focus of her education erred toward machinery, eventually landing on a particular interest in space-faring vessels. She's generally a chatty and amicable individual to begin with, cheerfully sparking up conversations with strangers and friends alike, but getting her started on ships is a good way to remind oneself of the Ysoki capacity to talk fast and ceaseless on a topic of interest.

5. Theme: Icon.

6. Class: Mechanic (Potential investment of one or two levels of Envoy)

7. Background Check: Born on Verces as the second oldest of six, Mirabelle - and by extension her immediate relatives - are not the standard Ysoki family: Born right into affluent aristocracy and mechanical genius, there were a lot of expectations of the small rodent, most of which she happily met as she grew. While hers is certainly not 'old money' and some established and old families might look down on these 'upstarts,' there are plenty more delighted at the novelty. Noble Ysoki? What ever will they think of next! It doesn't hurt that her grandfather established a most successful business catering to customized starship design for smaller luxury crafts with certain proprietary innovations, therefore providing a very practical (to the rich) service and earning a ridiculous amount of credit without hedging against any large-scale shipyards - Just enough to buy his family's way into high society.
Given that her family had once been enslaved by a notorious pirate whose claim to terror and fear was a repurposed alien vessel, and having grown up listening to stories about how her great grandfather had managed to bargain his mate and pups to freedom while sacrificing himself to destroy the ship from within, it goes without saying that an exceedingly strong sense of morality and honor is instilled within the Ch'tall line. Deceit, underhanded tactics, cruelty - All those negative things are anathema to these Ysoki. Slavery is something that outright infuriates her, whether it's literal or not; you don't need to have a shock collar on your neck to be so grossly indebted to an amoral corporate entity that you will never be able to advance in life, for instance.
When she was younger, Mirabelle wasn't certain what to focus her studies on - Personal laser weaponry? Ship drives? Ablative armors or kinetic shielding? AI design? Planetary defense systems? Not until she witnessed a Knights of Golorian Immortal running maneuvers outside of Absalom Station during a visit, watched the massive beauty launching a salvo of munitions, gracefully tear through space at speed flanked by smaller corvettes and fighters, then blip out of the system did the muse strike. That was when she decided: Starships. All of them. Working on them, crafting new ones, dredging up a forgotten blueprint or salvaging an ancient wreck that inspires whole new avenues of creation - These are a few of her favorite things! Her father would have rather she stayed at Verces after she finished her classes, but there's no better teacher than practical experience! Besides, you can't discover a long-lost eldritch starship at home.

8. Meritorious Conduct: WIP!

9. Motivation: The pursuit of knowledge - And, ideally, discovering ancient and forgotten technology so as to cement her name (and her family's) in the annals of history and revolutionize civilization as we know it! General do-goodery along the way would be the proverbial icing on the cake; the Starfinder's Society seems like an appropriate independent way of doing it, separate from the influences of her family (and if the so-called 'debt' associated with recruitment isn't repaid, said family is a decent fall-back!)

• I will be an independent contractor of the Starfinder Society
  • I will be placed on a crew of 4-6 individuals.
  • The crew will jointly finance a ship furnished by the Starfinder Society, to be repaid within 2 years of assignment.
  • The Starfinder Society will withhold 15% of mission payments in service to this debt.
  • The Starfinder Society will have first option on purchasing information, resources, salvage and other items of value collected on a Starfinder Society sanctioned mission.
  • Crew members are expected to maintain sufficient conditioning to keep pace with one another.
  • Upon repayment of ship and equipment financing, - I will be eligible to become a full member of the Starfinder Society and enjoy all the privileges and benefits that come with that status.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 716
RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77
If allowed I'd like to have Buzz re-reviewed.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:13 PM
Funny? Odd? Why not both.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 470
komischkoenig komischkoenig komischkoenig komischkoenig komischkoenig
Oh my - this got a lot more interest than I was anticipating.

With that, Im going to set up a schedule for closing the applications and making selections.

Interest needs to be posted by 20181204 1500 EST
Applications need to be completed by 20181210 0800 EST

I should have folks picked by 20181212, at which point well get you going with character sheets and start talking about how we can incorporate you into the crew IC.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:10 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWolfe77 View Post
If allowed I'd like to have Buzz re-reviewed.
Happy to give it another look - just let me know when you want me to review it if you decide you want to make any updates.
Old 12-03-2018, 03:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
He's ready if you want to check him out
Old 12-13-2018, 08:08 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Friends,

There are a lot of stellar (pun entirely intended, but no less true) applications here, and selection was incredibly hard. To the point that I hope one of you who has inklings to GM a game might be inspired to set up another. Seriously, we need more SF games on here - do it. I toyed with trying to run a a second game, but I just dont think I could give it the proper attention.

Onto the announcement: our three new PCs (in no particular order) are:
Elias Munt / Crocodile
Threebie / Exhibit A
Vovingo / NICODELRICO

Ill be PMing you shortly with some quick summaries of how to get set up.

I really want to emphasize, especially for those of you newer RPGX members, that your apps/concepts were definitely solid and that I hope they'll see game-play soon.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:40 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Good Luck you guys maybe next time
Old 12-13-2018, 10:10 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
HandsOfBlue
Thanks for the consideration! Have a great game.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:36 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 241
gravitywolf gravitywolf gravitywolf
Congrats to those that got in!
Old 12-13-2018, 03:34 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
NICODELRICO
holy moly!! grats all who got in & looking forward to it!!!