RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons 5e > The Breaking of Exandria > Game Thread Archive
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #271  
Old 04-29-2019, 12:35 PM
AmonBlackwood's Avatar
AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood is offline
Precisely when I mean to.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-15-2019
RPXP: 649
AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood
Posts: 807
Ada
left-aligned image


Coming out of a deep sleep to the sounds of splintering wood and Bellamy's voice, Initiative - 6Ada groggily rolls off the bed, clutching at her chain shirt on top of her bag. Throwing it over her head, she scoops up her shield and lantern as Bellamy bolts to the left out of their door.

As the booming and sound of something large shaking the ground outside reaches her, her mind goes to the wagon and the others much closer to the gate. Ada scrambles out the door and to the right down the narrow hallway. "Ron! The others need us!" she yells over her shoulder.

Checking her belt, she realizes her mace is still in the room, but thankfully, her dagger is still in its sheath. I hope I don't regret forgetting that.. She tossed the thought away as she stomped down the hall, hearing a door flung open at the far end.



 


 
__________________
Posting Status:
Mon-Fri: Anytime
Weekends: Slow

PM if you need to get a hold of me quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 04-30-2019, 08:31 PM
Syne's Avatar
Syne Syne is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-14-2019
RPXP: 7112
Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne
Posts: 1,886
Alys
left-aligned image
The night became progressively fuzzier for Alys until Talia escorted her to their room for the evening. It had been fun in that forgettably vague way such evens embodied. At least, until thunderous crashes from somewhere outside left her angry, tired, and sober.

Talia was already running out of the room and Alys jumped up to follow her, cursing. She left the sword behind, but that was fine. Whoever was waking them up deserved a punch in the face. She felt like liquid

Alys was only a few steps behind Talia, and utterly unprepared for orc raiders, or whatever they were. The 12 foot tall two headed brute left everything sort of an open question. She froze for a second; Talia didn't, cleanly decapitating the thing. The sight of blood in the moonlight got her moving.

She moved toward the pair of orcs by the building and lashed out. The brutes towered over her, but that didn't matter as she caught the first orc with a kick to the knee, bringing his head down to where she could follow up with a haymaker to his jaw. Her blood was pumping, hot and angry in her ears, as Alys realized the odds against them. A dozen orcs between her and the wagon with only Talia. Where was everyone else?
StatBlock
 

Last edited by Syne; 05-01-2019 at 07:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 04-30-2019, 09:39 PM
Odyssey's Avatar
Odyssey Odyssey is online now
Epic Level Enchatment
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-15-2019
RPXP: 1877
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Posts: 1,213
Cyprian Thoros
right-aligned image
Cyprian couldn’t sleep. He stared at the ceiling of the wagon with a fist resting on his forehead, lost in his thoughts. It took him what felt like hours to nearly dozed off-- until a thunderous crash and battle cries exploded from outside. Cyprian sprang to his feet and darted for the door where Confire stood and nearly came face-to-face with a two-headed behemoth lumbering not feet from the wagon.

Hells.

The wagon was a death trap jammed in a corner. The assassin bonus action disengagedarted passed the orc invaders, 22 to hit, 15 damage (2 is psychic)driving the blade into the leg of the big one as he sprinted toward the center of the once sleepy village. He ducked under a swipe of a blade and swerved back from a slash at his side, keeping himself in one piece for as long as possible.


StatBlock
 
__________________
Posting Status:
Slow: Thurs-Mon
Normal: Tue-Wed

I took the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Odyssey; 04-30-2019 at 09:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 05-01-2019, 03:54 AM
4eyedBadger's Avatar
4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-15-2019
RPXP: 1146
4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger
Posts: 1,539
The Grassy GnollThe ettin screams in rage as Cyprian slashes at him with the Nightmare Blade! The scream turns to a whimper as the blade sends dark visions coursing into the monster’s flesh! What it could have shown such a creature to give it pause, Cyprian does not want to know. But the ettin marks him and both heads roar with fury as each arm hefts its massive flail!

As soon as Cyprian strikes, a cloud of darkness envelopes that corner of the battlefield! At first, Orcs shout curses in frustration, but then one mighty voice bellows commands in their tongue. Alys, Talia and Cyprian are consumed in the darkness with the orcs. They feel a renewed vigor in their enemies as axes cut the air all around them and large, smelly bodies push past them to emerge from the darkness at the courtyard interior.

Heavier footfalls shake the ground in front of Cyprian! He hears the chains of the ettin’s flails go taut and knows instinctively that they are swinging through the air toward him! The assassin tries to duck out of the way in the darkness, but his blind maneuver takes him into the path of both weapons, and the spiked iron spheres crush him brutally!

left-aligned image
The door to the gatehouse opens and Giran stumbles out, his longsword held in both hands. He does not even wear his belt. He looks at the sphere of Darkness and blinks, trying to clear his inebriated vision. But then, turning to his right, he finds himself face to face with four of the raiders!

"Spears! Rally to me!" he shouts into the dark night. "The west curtain wall is breached!" With a shout, the old veteran lunges at the orc in front of him! Though Giran’s movements are slowed by drink, his body has made these motions a thousand times. He cuts across the belly of his enemy, then reverses his blade and plunges it into the orc’s chest! Giran pulls his blade free as the orc falls dead at his feet.

Ada can hear screams of terror come from Patricia’s family’s rooms ahead of her!

OOC
 

Last edited by 4eyedBadger; 05-01-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 05-01-2019, 04:33 AM
Vislands's Avatar
Vislands Vislands is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-14-2019
RPXP: 2132
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
Posts: 1,321
Bellamy had just a moment to see the figure of Cyprian leap from the wagon straight into the thick of orcs and stab the large, deformed one before a blanket of thick darkness fell over them. "What?" She says as though it were a swear. She flicks her fingers at one of the orcs that she could still see and her scythe flies out of the darkness, swiping through the air too slow to catch flesh.

With heavy footfalls she runs through the now abandoned tavern. Tables that were full and lively hours before now sat abandoned and forlorn. Outside she catches glimpse of the chaos only through the windows as she runs past.


StatBlock
 
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 05-01-2019, 06:36 AM
kymrel's Avatar
kymrel kymrel is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-15-2019
RPXP: 1800
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Posts: 2,009
Ronald ĎOne-Boneí Devyn
right-aligned image
Little Ron tucks his legs up to his body, hugging his knees as he rocks back and forth in the small cupboard heís taken refuge in. His eyes are closed, he doesnít want to see anything. Not even what little he could see through the cracks of the poorly-made cupboard.

All he can hear is the rhythmic knocking sound. Dunk. Dunk. Dunk. Dunk. The pace of the thudding sometimes quickens and then slows down. Little Ron knows he needs to stay very silent, his mother will be furious if he interrupts her. The last time he did that she gave him a thrashing heíll never forget, shouting at him that his uncles didnít like it when he interrupts them. That nobody wanted an ugly boy like Ron watching as they made the headboard of his motherís bed thud against the wall.

Little Ron hopes the thudding will soon end. Heís so hungry, and he knows that his uncle will give his mother a few coins. Hopefully sheíll spend some of them on bred, and perhaps even on some smoked eel, Little Ronís favorite. And then he hears his mother shouting his name. ďRon!Ē she shouts, the sound of her voice muffled, as if itís coming from far away. But thatís not possible, his mother is on the other side of the flimsy cupboard door. ďRon! The others need us!Ē his mother shouts. But the voice isnít his motherís. Not any more. Itís a different voice.

Little Ron opens his eyes. Heís not in the cupboard. The thudding has stopped. Heís not Little Ron. Heís Big Ron. Ron who isnít afraid any more. He sits up in the bed, looking around. It takes him a moment to realize where he is. And then, finally he hears it. Shouts, coming from outside. And sounds of steel hitting steel. Fighting.

Ron leaps out of the bed, dressed only in his undergarments, a loincloth that has long since lost its original color and is now grey and featureless. He doesnít have time to dress. He grabs Ronda from the bed and sprints to the door. Flinging it open he sees Ada standing at the end of the corridor. ĒIím coming,Ē Ron shouts at her as he sprints down the corridor. Towards the sounds of fighting. Little Ron would have stayed in the cupboard. But heís not little any more. Perhaps the people fighting look a little like some of his uncles. He smiles a little as he runs. He always wanted to beat up his many, many uncles.

OOC
 

 
__________________
People say I'm evil and twisted, but I really have the heart of a young boy. In a jar, on my desk.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 05-01-2019, 03:27 PM
Lazer's Avatar
Lazer Lazer is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-15-2019
RPXP: 1809
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Posts: 1,361
Confire watched with a manic smile as the orcs and this strange two-headed beast started to stumble around. Now this was power; he could see them, but they could see nothing. He dropped down from the step of the wagon and then winced as the big one somehow managed to connect with Cyprian.

Damn, I’ll never hear the end of that, I’m sure.

He reached out his stump and blasted the creature in retaliation, hoping to eliminate it before it stumbled its way out fo his magical darkness. He noted that some of the orcs had hung back reluctant to enter the darkened sphere. Good. Keep them out of the fight for a while. But then the old warrior emerged from somewhere and attacked one of them; he managed to kill it but now he would be facing three more on his own.

He sidled towards the barn as he watched what was going on.

"TALIA!" he shouted, "YOU’RE SURROUNDED! BACK OUT!"

OOC
 

 
__________________
All caught up (PM me if you're waiting for me to do something and I've missed it).
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 05-01-2019, 04:58 PM
Drachenspirit's Avatar
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit is offline
CommunityCoffee Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-15-2019
RPXP: 9066
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Posts: 10,268
Talia
left-aligned image
Talia is using the fancy footwork she gleaned while training back in the swamps as she takes a sneering fighting stance and shows off her very so slight fangs.
She doesn't shift just yet as she's talking with her blades.

Then it goes dark as Confire yells out.

Mages and their tricks, she thinks as she moves directly north towards where she saw felt the Orcs were moving before it went dark.
Luckily, she's right on theBased on where she was before the blackout edge of the darkness, and emerges next to an orc, and doesn't waste anytime waiting to see what it'll do.
She
Dice Sword 1:
1d20+6 (3)+6 Total = 9
Dice Sword 1 damage if hit:
1d6+4 (3)+4 Total = 7
Dice sword 2:
1d20+6 (20)+6 Total = 26
Dice sword 2 damage if hit:
1d6+4 (5)+4 Total = 9
Dice Critical Hit additional Damage:
1d6 3
Dice Added Sneak attack damage-no ally next to foe - if hit:
2d6 4, 5 Total = 9
lunges in with both blades, intending to fell her opponent as she gives off a sound that is half chuckle and half growl.

One blade is parried by her foe, while the other slices in through the throat and out the back of the neck. She withdraws her blade and spins deftly to face another before the "total of 21 pts damagedead on it's feet" orc hits the ground.


 
__________________
Posting Status: Normal

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 05-01-2019 at 05:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 05-01-2019, 07:18 PM
Syne's Avatar
Syne Syne is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-14-2019
RPXP: 7112
Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne
Posts: 1,886
Alys
left-aligned image
Sudden darkness cut off her vision. Alys thought for one terrifying moment that she'd been blinded, but the guttural frustration from the orcs was a relief. Magic, then. Confire? Who else?

Unfortunately it left Alys with few options. She felt and heard a weapon hiss past her face, dangerously close. She could hear someone trying to rally defenders, closer to the wagon, but that two-headed thing was there and she really didn't want to get any closer without being able to see it.

Instead she stumbled back, emerging out of the darkness beside Talia as she cut through another Orc. With a nod in her direction Alys stepped up between the other two orcs, throwing a punch and a kick at the first one that caught her eye. Unfortunately her momentum wasn't in either hit, but that didn't deter her. Let's finish these off while Confire's up to no good.
StatBlock
 
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 05-02-2019, 12:35 PM
AmonBlackwood's Avatar
AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood is offline
Precisely when I mean to.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-15-2019
RPXP: 649
AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood
Posts: 807
Ada
left-aligned image


Ada hears the screams in Patricia's room over the din of Orcish yelling and shouts of pain, and skids to a halt at the door. "Patricia, are you all safe!?"

She looks over her shoulder as Ron comes barreling down the hallway, clad in only his skivvies. As that point processes, she almost laughs in surprise at the absurdity of the situation. She refocuses her energy and thinks of an appropriate prayer. "Just as you do when you bring us into this world, watch over us Dawnfather!" Light pours out of her lantern and Cast Bless on her and Ron (anyone else if in range)fills her and Ron with the warmth of the sun's light.

Ada pivots to the side to listen through the door and Any/All actions held until Ron is in range. If Patricia indicates they are safe, Ada will follow 10 ft. behind Ron in the fight.prepares to follow Ron into the melee.



 


 
__________________
Posting Status:
Mon-Fri: Anytime
Weekends: Slow

PM if you need to get a hold of me quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #281  
Old 05-02-2019, 04:25 PM
Odyssey's Avatar
Odyssey Odyssey is online now
Epic Level Enchatment
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-15-2019
RPXP: 1877
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Posts: 1,213
Cyprian Thoros
right-aligned image
Cyprian swore, heaving an aching breath from the hammering blows that left him winded and almost knocked him off his feet. He was sure a rib or two was cracked, the burning from every movement certainly attested this idea. For a moment, he though he had gone blind before he Bonus Action: Disengagebroke out of the darkness, blinking at the sudden change in light.

His ears were still ringing and as he looked around, disoriented. Blood trickled down the side of his face. He blinked, finding himself moving toward Alys who was in combat with what looked like three Orcs. Everything lurched, the Attack, 10 to misscolors went streaking sideways as he attacked. He felt his blade scrape off something metal before his fuzzy vision came back.


StatBlock
 
__________________
Posting Status:
Slow: Thurs-Mon
Normal: Tue-Wed

I took the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 05-03-2019, 04:05 AM
4eyedBadger's Avatar
4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-15-2019
RPXP: 1146
4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger
Posts: 1,539
The Grassy Gnoll
left-aligned image
The orc chief, still concealed within the sphere of magical darkness, shouts harshly in the language of his kind. Though most of his enemies cannot understand him, all who hear him can feel the power his words carry. The effect galvanizes the orc warriors, who press their attacks with renewed fury!

Ada is still listening for a reply at Patriciaís door when the first orc rushes into the building! Seeing the cleric, it runs headlong down the hallway toward her! She can see Ron just beyond the open door, but he is not close enough to help her as the orc lands a vicious slash with its axe on the clericís thigh!

In the courtyard, the injured orc is surrounded by Talia, Cyprian and Alys. It slashes wildly at the young genasi monk, missing her by a full foot before it turns to run inside the coaching house.

right-aligned image
Cyprian hears a small voice shrieking in orcish above him! Looking up, he sees what looks like a small bat, but with a hideously bulbous humanoid body suspended from its leathery wings! Suddenly, the creature folds its wings and falls on the assassin, a small blade appearing in its tiny hand! The blade strikes Cyprian in the shoulder. Almost immediately he can feel the poison enter him, sapping at his strength! Worse still, black vines sprout from the wound with unnatural speed and begin to wrap themselves around his limbs tightly!

Two more orcs burst out of the magical sphere of Darkness. They scan the battlefield and notice the tiny bat-thing screeching over Cyprian. Each of them hurl javelins at the man! Both rusty points find their mark, burying deeply into his weakened body.

Alys and Talia Watch In horror as Cyprian falls, but they are quickly distracted as the ettin lumbers out of the black sphere and swings itís flails furiously at them! Both weapons connect and the women are thrown violently into each other, struggling to stay on their feet!

The orcs near the gate slash at Giran. The drunk old veteran manages to duck beneath one axe, but the other catches him square on the back, forcing a pained grunt from the man.

The she-orc reaches up and grasps the bone necklace she wears. Shaking it, she mutters strange words. Shadowy figures swirl into being all around her, the spiritual remnants of her warrior ancestors! The spirits pass through Giranís body. The stubborn old man shudders with a chill, but shakes it off and swipes at the she-orc as she runs past him into the magical darkness! The spiritual warriors move constantly about her as an ethereal bodyguard. They pass near to Confire where he hides in the barn, but are not near enough to touch him yet.

Near the tavern on the other side of the courtyard, Budís small body emerges from a hole in the soft soil. The Burrowling swings a long leather cord and releases a rock that strikes the ettin on the side of one head. Bud sucks back into his hole before the dim-witted giant can react.

Bellamy hears the clopping of hooves coming from the west end of the compound. Turning her head that direction, she sees the blacksmith, Thadulos, galloping awkwardly toward the battle. The centaur still favors his foreleg, but he holds a long pike angled forward as he runs!
OOC
 
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 05-03-2019, 04:27 AM
kymrel's Avatar
kymrel kymrel is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-15-2019
RPXP: 1800
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Posts: 2,009
Ronald ĎOne-Boneí Devyn
right-aligned image
His head still groggy from sleep, Ron runs towards Ada, who seems to be trying to wake someone up by knocking at a door. The enforcer, looking almost comical in his undergarments with only Ronda for company, is about to ask her whatís going on, but as he gets close enough something barges into the house and swings a huge axe at his friend.

Instinct takes over. Ronís nostrils flare as he rushes forward. The guy attacking Ada, who looks like he might be a horribly ugly half-orc, doesnít even see him coming. A fresh-faced enforcer might have lifted Ronda above his head and hit the roof of the corridor and not the attacker. But this isnít Rondaís first dance. Ron swings at an angle, hitting the right side of the orcís head. It is a heavy blow and Ron feels a sense of elation through the red mist. He feels strong. Like he could rip a manís head off with his bare hands.

Attack hits AC 26 doing 15 bludgeoning damageThe orcís head is caved in and blood splatters over the corridor, Ada, Ron and the other orc as Ron pulls Rondaís gory head back in preparation for another swing. In Ronís mind, the other guy, an even uglier half-orc, is already dead. He just has to give him the news.

OOC
 

 
__________________
People say I'm evil and twisted, but I really have the heart of a young boy. In a jar, on my desk.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 05-03-2019, 04:52 AM
Lazer's Avatar
Lazer Lazer is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-15-2019
RPXP: 1809
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Posts: 1,361
Heart hammering, Confire peered around the corner and saw a female orc with some kind of spirits protecting her. He ducked back as one of them came within a couple of feet of him. Eyes wide he darted out of cover and blasted her and then ducked back through the other door of the barn and as far away as possible.

We just seem to have the worst luck, he thought, this place has been sitting peacefully here for years, but as soon as we decide to stop…

OOC
 

 
__________________
All caught up (PM me if you're waiting for me to do something and I've missed it).
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 05-03-2019, 05:07 AM
Vislands's Avatar
Vislands Vislands is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-14-2019
RPXP: 2132
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
Posts: 1,321
Bellamy finally bursts through the tavern's door just in time to see Cyprian fall. The half-orc's vision goes red and she howls in her mother tongue, "YOU'RE DEAD, MOTHERF&*$ERS!" Her battered shield pulses with red light. "Rise!" Warm energy bubbles up from inside her, bursting out in invisible waves that wrap themselves in protective layers around herself and a few of her allies - Talia and Alys where they stood in defiance of the two-headed giant and Cyprian where he fell.

The scythe moves as though with its own will, flying through the air and swiping at the demon that hovered over Cyprian's still body. Doc begins to rush towards the assassin, her head too clouded by rage to acknowledge the fear that was welling up inside her. In her left hand her shield was held aloft, ready to ward off the blows that were soon to rain down upon her. In her right hand the silver warhammer adorned with ravens, the night time lights glittering off its polished surface.


StatBlock
 

Last edited by Vislands; 05-03-2019 at 05:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB