RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons 5e > The Breaking of Exandria > Game Thread Archive
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #331  
Old 05-21-2019, 01:58 PM
4eyedBadger's Avatar
4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2019
RPXP: 1196
4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger
Posts: 1,550
Thadulos"Barding?" The centaur is thoughtful, eyeing Bellamy curiously. "Yes. I believe I can be of more help there. You have a fine horse. He is intelligent and quick. But he does not have the build of the horses bred for battle. We must be thoughtful in what we lay across his back, that we do not diminish his spirit." Excited interest builds across Thadulos’ expression. "Among my people, I was regarded as having no small skill in the tanning and working of skins. This morning’s troubles did leave us with many pieces of worked hide. More than enough material to lend some protection to your mount. I would have to cut away the damaged and spoiled sections. But I saw pieces of sufficient quality to form what you require. Once dyed, and with their chieftain’s chainmail to provide added protection to the vital spots, I think you would be happy with the result. I would be honored to do this for you. I would require a day or two."

OOC
 

Inside the WagonAcross the courtyard, inside the large traveler wagon, Cyprian reclines as he watches Confire work. The warlock is excited, and he moves about quickly setting things up at the small desk, muttering absently to himself. Cyprian watches the man’s back as he finally settles into the chair to begin his study of the artifact. The assassin’s long-nurtured aversion to the arcane rises up in his belly as he hears Confire begin speaking the incantation. Although he understands the Infernal words, beseeching the power of Dispater in this endeavor, Cyprian’s mind regards the ritual speech as wholly alien.

Minutes pass. Cyprian begins to tune out the repetitive chant of the arrogant man. Steel. That is what Cyprian trusts. Steel and a skilled arm. He had seen magic do incredible things. But he had also seen it fail those who wield it, to terrible effect. Cyprian’s skill with a blade was always his own to command. With magic, there were just too many other factors. The magician was only ever the conduit for power that belonged to another. Something about that offended the warrior within him. How long was this going to take anyw… Cyprian leaps to his feet, his attention focused once more! Those words are not Infernal!

Confire remains seated at the desk, motionless, facing away from his companion. His mutterings continue, breathlessly…repetitively…unceasingly…and utterly alien!

"Confire?," says Cyprian. No response. "Confire! Stop what you’re doing." The warlock falls silent. He lifts his head from the tablet and stands, clutching it tightly under his stump, still facing the wall. "Confire?"

Strangely, the warlock’s hair and robes begin to…float? Like he is submerged in an invisible ocean. Cyprian watches in horror as the man’s boots rise slowly from the dark wooden floor, and the man’s body turns to face him! His face! His eyes!! Confire’s features are placid, like a mask of death, but aglow with the light of a thousand stars! And where his eyes should be, there is a swirling cloud of pitch black, dark as the night sky. "I have looked upon our god." His voice rolls across Cyprian like distant thunder, echoing from across a vast emptiness. "Terrible and beautiful. Ancient before the suns burned, the Mother devours. She carries the stars in her hand. Her milk streaks across the sky. Her children wake from their cradle of groves."

Confire holds up his left hand. A blinding streak of light falls from ceiling to floor, through his open palm. Its wake remains, a shaft of light and darkness, to form a staff around which his fingers close. He turns his expressionless, alien face toward Cyprian. "Despair."

OOC
 
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 05-21-2019, 03:07 PM
Lazer's Avatar
Lazer Lazer is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2019
RPXP: 1858
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Posts: 1,373
Confire Star SpawnWhat was left of Confire was exultant as the power surged through him, although that vestige was too primitive to grasp that it had lost its own identity in a swirling maelstrom of madness. Now the Mother had taken control and remade him, forming from such imperfect clay a being of stunning power and grace. He looked upon Cyprian in much the way a tiger looks upon an ant, eyes boring through him.

"The ancient trees, their roots steeped in blood, turn their branches to the heavens. Even as their rotten fruit falls, bursting upon the world to give birth to her thousand young," he said, lifting his hand, palm out as though blessing the man. And then he said something else, something alien, in words which hurt the ears and the mind which heard them. Darkness seemed to swirl around his palm, growing and gathering and then suddenly blasting towards Cyprian, but the assassin was already diving aside and the bolt of darkness burst harmlessly into the back of the wagon.

Not seeming to notice that it had missed, Confire turned and exited the wagon, stepping serenely down into the courtyard with eyes slowly turning jet black.

OOC
 
__________________
All caught up (PM me if you're waiting for me to do something and I've missed it).

Last edited by Lazer; 05-21-2019 at 03:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 05-21-2019, 04:01 PM
4eyedBadger's Avatar
4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2019
RPXP: 1196
4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger
Posts: 1,550
The Grassy GnollThe blast from inside the wagon gets Alys’ attention. There is a brief moment of stillness as Confire exits and steps down into the courtyard, seemingly weightless as he flows over the soil. Alys can see his horrifying visage and for a moment, all is quiet.

A sudden explosion near the well sends stone and dirt flying into the air with a deafening shockwave! Windows explode inward with the force of the blast, and Alys is nearly knocked from her feet. A trail of smoke and fire rises backwards to the distant skies from the point of impact!

And rising from the crater, among the settling cloud of dirt, is a massive creature, humanoid in that it has four limbs and a head, but alien in every other aspect! It’s skin is hairless, consisting of ribbons of purple flesh wrapping around its body in tight bands. Swirling horns extend back from its large head while a sharp jaw full of rending teeth juts forward.

right-aligned image
The newly-arrived horror looks to Confire with deference, and then rushes silently at Alys! The thing makes no sound, but unbidden, Alys receives the mental image of her own body being ripped apart by the Star Spawn’s claws! She is unprepared as one of the arms slams into her small body, but she ducks the second blow!

OOC
 
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 05-21-2019, 04:50 PM
kymrel's Avatar
kymrel kymrel is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2019
RPXP: 1850
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Posts: 2,020
Little RonLittle Ron is bleeding. His lip has been split open and he can’t see anything with his swollen right eye. His whole body hurts. The cobblestones feel hard when he slowly pushes against them, getting up on his knees.

He doesn’t even see the kick coming. It hammers against his side, spinning him onto his back. “Stay down, you thieving little turd,” the merchant says, swinging his club viciously into the side of Ron’s head. The club hits the cobblestones first, and most of the power goes out of the blow, but it still rings Little Ron’s head.

“There is only one thing to do with a rabid cur like you,” the lanky merchant says, gloating to the small crowd of people looking onto the beating he’s giving the skinny, emaciated boy, barely in his teens. “We put mad dogs like you down,” he continues, a vicious knife appearing in his hand.

One of the onlookers, the smuggler supplying the merchant with his illicit goods, steps closer. “Randal, this isn’t right. The boy tried and failed, you beat him up and he’ll know better than to mess with our operation in the future. If that wretch has much of a future,” he whispers. The merchant, Randal, pushes him away. “Stay out of this. People need to know they don’t mess with me or mine. The boy’s corpse will tell them loud and clear.”

The other man seems unconvinced, and there are murmurs from the crowd. “It’s not right, Randal, and I’ll have no part in it,” the man says, backing off.

The ringing in Little Ron’s head has subsided a little, and he is again stubbornly trying to push himself up. “The cur has spirit!” Randal shouts, trying to stir up his audience. He takes a short run-up and then kicks the boy again in the ribs. But this time, Little Ron is ready. He pushes himself off the ground and as Randal’s boot hits his ribs, he manages to grab his foot. Ron goes down from the kick, but as he manages to hold the man’s leg and twist viciously. Randal comes flying down after him, hitting his head as he lands with a wet thud.

He is still lying on the ground, groaning and holding his head with one hand, searching for his dropped knife with the other, when Ron gets up on his knees next to him. The last thing Randal sees in his miserable life is the large cobblestone the boy is holding in both hands, raising it over his head before bringing it down on Randal’s face.

The onlookers back off, wide-eyed as they realized what just happened. Randal’s skull has been split open, leaving no doubt that he is well and truly dead. The small crowd can only look in horror as Little Ron raises the stone again, pummeling the man’s ruined face again. And again. And again.

The small crowd scatters and the wet thuds as the cobblestone pulverizes the head and upper torso of Randal with blows too numerous to count follow them out of the alley.

When it’s done, Little Ron staggers to his feet, dropping the bloody cobblestone. He's a murderer now, something in the back of his mind tells him.

Ronald ‘One-Bone’ Devyn
right-aligned image
Ron wakes from his dream with a shout. Something had woken him, and for a moment he is unsure what it was. And then he hears something from outside and quickly gets to his feet, his dream about the first man he ever killed fading fast. This time, Ron had gone to sleep in his pants and west, so he quickly wraps his well-used weapon belt around his torso and grabs Ronda before sprinting out of the common room and down the corridor.

He doesn’t even register fully that most of the mess he left when he killed and mutilated the orc chief has been cleaned up as he rushes for the door. He isn’t sure what is happening, but he does know that he doesn’t want to stay another night at this place. It’s impossible to sleep with all those interruptions.

OOC
 

 
__________________
People say I'm evil and twisted, but I really have the heart of a young boy. In a jar, on my desk.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by kymrel; 05-21-2019 at 04:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 05-21-2019, 05:32 PM
Drachenspirit's Avatar
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit is offline
CommunityCoffee Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-17-2019
RPXP: 9141
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Posts: 10,320
Talia
left-aligned image
Talia jumped up her blades in her hands still. It was a good thing she had taken a short rest or she just wouldn't be up to facing this thing.
She thought of just throwing a dagger at it to see what it would do, and then it attacked Alys.

She
Dice Initiative:
1d20+7 (6)+7 Total = 13
moved in and slashed at it with
Dice Attack 1:
1d20+7 (10)+7 Total = 17
Dice Damage if attk 1 hits:
1d6+4 (5)+4 Total = 9
Dice Attack 2:
1d20+7 (16)+7 Total = 23
Dice Damage if attack 2 hits:
1d6+4 (4)+4 Total = 8
both her blades.


 
__________________
Posting Status: Normal Note - Road trip 7/18-7/19. Driving 770 miles each day, posting slow to Nil.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 05-21-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 05-21-2019, 05:47 PM
Odyssey's Avatar
Odyssey Odyssey is offline
Epic Level Enchatment
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2019
RPXP: 1895
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Posts: 1,225
Cyprian Thoros
right-aligned image
Cyprian’s horror slowed his body and his mind, his thoughts churning from the terrible words that spilled from Confire’s mouth. ...This wasn’t Confire, was it?

Cyprian took a step back, his eyes fixed to Confire as his hand searching behind him for a weapon stowed on the desk. His fingers curled around the dagger hilt. Cyprian was nearly frozen in place right up until Confire raised his hand and a blight of pure darkness swirled from his palm. Cyprian dodged and 19 to hit, 12 total, 8 if he doesn't take psychic damageslashed a wound into the mage’s side.

He ducked behind cover and waited for the inevitable, and heaved ragged gasps. Whatever adrenaline he had recovered had kicked in and the pain of the earlier battle was forgotten. He waited another heartbeat but nothing else happened.

Cyprian risked a peek and saw Confire...Or not Confire, leave the wagon. He had the tablet! Confusion muddied his mind. Had...He not hit him? The assassin looked at the fresh blood on his blade. Maybe, whatever was going on, it didn’t affect him. Cyprian’s mind flashed back to the Void Mother on the bridge and how she fought, seemingly nothing could cause her issue until the very end. Her death.

The assassin pounded the back of his head on his makeshift cover. Idiot! I shouldn’t have let him-- Sh*t. What was I thinking, letting him try to read it?! He grit his teeth. He did it again. He trusted a godsdamned arcanist and it bit him in the a**.

Cyprian stowed the blade and grabbed his bow as the ground shook. He caught sight of a beast rising from the well and attack Alys.

“Confire has the tablet!” Cyprian shouted across the courtyard, letting anyone within range know. Was it even possible to get it away from him? Was it worth it? Was he already lost?

Cyprian raised an arrow toward the mage who drifted on the air effortlessly. ...Was he still in there? At the last second, his hand8 to miss twitched in lieu of his thoughts and the arrow flew harmlessly by. He quickly ducked behind the wagon. This wasn’t good. They weren’t in any shape for this.


StatBlock
 
__________________
Posting Status:
Slow: Thurs-Mon
Normal: Tue-Wed

I took the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 05-21-2019, 06:22 PM
Vislands's Avatar
Vislands Vislands is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2019
RPXP: 2160
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
Posts: 1,338
Bellamy was just in the middle of thanking Thadulos for his work when a loud crash from the courtyard startles them both. The blacksmith began to limp towards the door before Bellamy stops him with an outstretched hand. "Hold blacksmith," She says firmly, concern stitching her brow. She walks forward and when she sees the alien monster emerge from a new crater and swing down at Alys, she begins to sprint into the courtyard.

"What happened!?" Doc snarls as she draws her warhammer. Her shield remained strapped on her back where it had been while she spoke to the centaur. She didn't have the time to draw it quite yet, and Confire stood to the south and Cyprian was shouting something, but the medic doesn't quite hear it. Something about the tablet?



StatBlock
 
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 05-21-2019, 08:16 PM
Syne's Avatar
Syne Syne is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2019
RPXP: 7112
Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne
Posts: 1,890
Alys
left-aligned image
"Confire?" It came out in a whisper. Part of Alys was hesitant to disturb the sudden silence that fell over the courtyard. What was that noise? What by all the gods was wrong with Confire?

The second explosion almost threw her back; Alys barely had a chance to brace herself and cover her eyes.

The adrenaline was slow to start pumping, this time. The sudden shock of being thrown back into an emergency made everything tilt and spin in slow motion.

It gave her an excellent view as some sort of monstrosity emerged from a crater and, like something out of a nightmare, descended on her with claws and fangs and gods only knew what else. The first arm caught her in the ribs, cracking open one of the nearly healed injuries she'd already sustained. Alys ducked the other arm, wheezing, and came up behind it. Her guard was up now, her blood pumping and water flowing. Time started to move in something resembling its normal pace. She could hear Cyprian yelling something about Confire and the tablet.

"Godsdamn it all Confire, what did you do?!"

She tucked her shoulder and threw a punch, a glancing blow off the fleshy bands of the...thing, before dancing back, trying to stay mobile. Alys was still reeling from the first battle, she wouldn't go down now. Couldn't.
StatBlock
 
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 05-22-2019, 08:26 AM
AmonBlackwood's Avatar
AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood is offline
Precisely when I mean to.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2019
RPXP: 699
AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood
Posts: 820
Ada
left-aligned image


Ada had only seen the object falling from the sky for a split second, and she dropped her tea while grasping for her shield slung over her shoulder. She figured Ron wouldn't miss the shattering windows, but she yelled nonetheless. "RON! TROUBLE!"

Like a bolt of lightning, Talia zipped across the yard and plunged her blades into the sky-thing's side. She could barely make out Cyprian's call, but knew upon seeing Confire that something was seriously wrong with the mage. "Bellamy! Something's up with Confire, he has the tablet!!!"

Seeing Alys take a brutal hit from the creature, Ada Get to the corner square by the stables. Above the bucket/barrel.skirted around the thing to get closer to Cyprian. The man had looked ragged after his brush with death, and she didn't imagine he was altogether better.

Coming to a stop and squaring up to defend against the creature or Confire, she reached out with energy from deep within, focusing on her lamp. Rays of energy pierced even the morning sunlight, filling Cast Aid at 3rd level on self, Alys, and Cyprian. +10 current and max HP to each.Alys and Cyprian with power. She allowed the last bit to warm her veins, knowing how precarious a fight to subdue a friend might be... and whatever this enormous beast was!



 


 
__________________
Posting Status:
Mon-Fri: Anytime
Weekends: Slow

PM if you need to get a hold of me quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 05-22-2019, 10:02 AM
4eyedBadger's Avatar
4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2019
RPXP: 1196
4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger
Posts: 1,550
The Grassy GnollTalia’s blade slices across several ribbons of the Star Spawn’s flesh, revealing the almost translucent white tissue beneath. It spins on her and rears back with both arms! At nearly 11 feet tall, it builds tremendous force as the arms come crashing down! But Talia is quick and agile. She dodges one attack completely. The second, however, catches her on the back, nearly knocking the breath from her lungs!

"Bellamy! Come back here!" Thadulos stands at the door to his workshop and stares out into the courtyard, incredulous at the monstrous sight. Orcs he had seen before, but this, this was insane! He grabs his pike from where it hangs on the wall, but he does not step past his threshold. His hooves stamp in nervous agitation, and the human head slams his eyes shut.

"Can you people quiet down! Some of us are… What in the hells is that?!" Giran steps out of his room near the gate holding his throbbing head. He is wearing only a cotton sleeping shirt that goes down to his knees. His hair is a tangled mess but he is no longer slurring his words. He rubs his bleary eyes for a moment and then reaches back into the guard house and grabs his sword. He seems not to notice Cyprian crouched by the wagon nearby.

OOC
 

Last edited by 4eyedBadger; 05-22-2019 at 10:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #341  
Old 05-22-2019, 03:46 PM
Lazer's Avatar
Lazer Lazer is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2019
RPXP: 1858
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Posts: 1,373
Confire Star SpawnThe madness twisted through Confire’s mind like worms devouring a corpse, but the overall effect was one of serenity, of detachment. Confire glided into the courtyard clutching a staff and the metal tablet and surveyed the scene. The hulk had arrived as he had commanded and was already dealing with some trivial nuisances so he turned and found another hostile pest approaching. He raised the hand holding the staff and the blackness erupted forth once again, striking the old warrior cleanly in the chest. Suddenly Giran’s mind was beset by needles of insanity poking in through his eyeballs, but Confire wasn’t finished. He approached the writhing man, hissimg some voidspeak as he went and sent insidious tendrils of magic coiling around him to make his reactions that little bit slower.

"She hears her children cry, and rushes to them in her wrath. Her words are like a knife to the bonds of reason. Flesh withers under her gaze," he murmured as he watched the man squirm, like a lepidopterist watching his newest specimen writhing on the pin.

OOC
 
__________________
All caught up (PM me if you're waiting for me to do something and I've missed it).

Last edited by Lazer; 05-22-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #342  
Old 05-22-2019, 04:01 PM
Drachenspirit's Avatar
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit is offline
CommunityCoffee Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-17-2019
RPXP: 9141
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Posts: 10,320
Talia
left-aligned image
Talia growls slightly as the beast strikes her across the back and a muffled, though clearly heard *whump* sound is heard.

Her body shifts slightly, her ears growing longer along with her fingernails and even her incisors.

Talia launches back into her attack, her Uncanny Dodge in effect this round if hit by beastdeadly dance she just perfected earlier coming into play.
Her
Dice Attack 1:
1d20+7sh16 (12)+7 Total = 19
→ 1d6+4g (4)+4 Total = 8
Dice Attack 2:
1d20+7sh16 (20)+7 Total = 27
→ 1d6+4g (3)+4 Total = 7
Dice Additional Damage for Critical Hit:
1d6+4 (5)+4 Total = 9
blades swipe in different directions across the flesh of the beast as she is intent on cutting the thing down to size again, and especially not getting struck this time.


 
__________________
Posting Status: Normal Note - Road trip 7/18-7/19. Driving 770 miles each day, posting slow to Nil.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 05-22-2019 at 04:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old 05-22-2019, 04:47 PM
Vislands's Avatar
Vislands Vislands is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2019
RPXP: 2160
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
Posts: 1,338
Out of the corner of her eye, she sees Giran emerge from his cabin. Confire turned to face the man, his movements seem unfamiliar and...wrong somehow. In his hand he held the tablet and a staff. Something isn't right. She could see Cyprian leaping from the wagon, and finally Ada's words reached her.

"On him!" Doc shouts in reply, spittle flying with her roar and she turns with sudden force to barrel towards the corrupted one-armed warlock, charging past Alys and Talia who danced around the large reptilian-like monster landing agile blows with their daggers and fists. Where was Ron?

Confire blasted Giran with some dark magic and Doc roars, "Confire, snap out of it!" But the medic was ready. She hadn't learned much from their battle with the Speaker, but she'd learned this: the Speaker couldn't shut her mouth. Finally her heavy footfalls had brought her across the courtyard and she raises an open hand to the air above Confire's head.

"Help me hold him!" She says to Giran, dark red light dancing on her fingertips.

"Choke." Her hand closes and her grip snatches all sound from the air. Complete silence engulfs them and she grips her warhammer with both hands, her knuckles tightening as she regards Confire with grim concern.


StatBlock
 
Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old 05-22-2019, 05:23 PM
kymrel's Avatar
kymrel kymrel is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2019
RPXP: 1850
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Posts: 2,020
Ronald ‘One-Bone’ Devyn
right-aligned image
There is urgency in Ada’s voice when she calls for him, and Ron runs down the hallway at breakneck speed, barreling out the door ready for anything. Well. Almost anything. Truth be told, he hadn’t given it much thought what could have caused the ruckus before. If he had given it some thought as he ran, a giant blue lizard-like humanoid with claws the size of Talia is unlikely to have made it to a list of potential enemies he might have to clobber today.

Lesser, and presumably more intelligent, men than Ron might have paused for a moment to take in the scene. Perhaps even wonder if they really had their life on the right track, seeing as they’ve just survived being swallowed by a tidal wave of undead and an orc raid, only to be facing what looks more dangerous than both of those. But there is something to be said for the simple mind of Ronald Devyn. As soon as he sees the blue giant swiping at Alys, who displays impressive agility trying to stay alive, he clenches his jaw and charges in.

It is not out of any perceived need for stealth that Ron doesn’t roar out a challenge as he runs at the blue monster with Ronda gripped tightly in both hands, ready to shatter bones. He simply doesn’t have the wherewithal to scream Bonus action to activate Rageas instinct takes over. If the blue giant-lizard, as Ron’s simple mind classifies it, sees him coming, it makes little effort to avoid him. He swings Ronda sideways, feeling the power from the giant soul that now calls his massive hammer its home giving him strength he’s never felt before. Two attacks, hitting AC 28 and 18, doing 17 and 16 bludgeoning damageHe lands a blow on the lizard’s knee that would have broken the foot of a giant, and when it doesn’t buckle he spins a full circle to give his hammer even more momentum and slams it again into the leg with a blow that would have killed an elephant. If Ron is surprised that the monster still stands he doesn't show it. To him it's just a question of hitting it until either he or it stops moving.

OOC
 

 
__________________
People say I'm evil and twisted, but I really have the heart of a young boy. In a jar, on my desk.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #345  
Old 05-22-2019, 07:19 PM
Syne's Avatar
Syne Syne is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2019
RPXP: 7112
Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne
Posts: 1,890
Alys
left-aligned image
Talia. And Ron. And Cyprian, and Ada, and Doc. Even in front of the monster Alys relaxed ever so slightly, a short and clipped sigh of relief escaping her. She wasn't alone and (hopefully) wouldn't die.

Alright then. Let's see what this tablet's got. She felt invigorated by Ada's spell, like she was ready to fight. They needed to free Confire...somehow. "Idiot mage...."

Alys felt the water's grace as she moved to fight back. That internal sense was stronger than ever, and she nearly blurred as she struck, faster than the eye could see. She lead with two quick punches then she jumped back, then jumped again. She was over the creature this time, and she flipped, coming down on the thing's shoulder with a devastating kick. A wave of moisture rained down with the momentum of the blow, driving the beast down into the ground.
StatBlock
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB