RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 04-02-2019, 01:09 PM
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2019
RPXP: 1385
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Posts: 819
Kiirion
right-aligned image
Kiirion was taken aback by the reaction his companions had to his disappearance. They didn't seem to mind. Nobody demanded to know what had happened, or openly judged him. It was nice. Vithal simply accepted his help, and said they could talk about it in the morning if he wanted. Part of him did want to talk about it, part of him didn't. But, they did deserve to know since they were not only involved, but the cause as well. Very little people had known about it before, and none of them were alive anymore. The three people he had ever told, his parents and Nathaniel, had been nothing but supportive, helping him through his episodes. Maybe having so many people know wouldn't be a bad thing.

Kiirion helped with repairs as much as he could. He had no actual knowledge of how to fix furniture, but thankfully he didn't need that with his Mending spell. A short time later, his ears caught a cry and thump from outside. Everyone heard it actually. With Gajine's shout of Vesper's name, Kiirion realized that the woman must have fallen out a window. Which meant she was in the alleyway with the Strangler Vines. Sucking in a breath, Kiirion joined Gajine on his trek outside. Since he had asked Olivia to tell them about the vines and to stay away from that area, he hoped that Vesper would be careful. If need be, he still had a Flaming Sphere left to use. Though he'd have to be careful to not light the entire building ablaze.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-02-2019, 01:24 PM
DaysUntold's Avatar
DaysUntold DaysUntold is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2019
RPXP: 6819
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Posts: 1,736
Olivia and M.A.C.
left-aligned image
right-aligned image

The inn went from one chaotic scene to another as the strange group of visitors took to frantically repairing and building furniture throughout the inn. She was about to help when the elven woman with strawberry blonde hair came to her, eyes shining with excitement. "Pleeeeeeeease lemme look MAC over in th' mornin'. He's incredible! I gotta know how he moves an' talks an' thinks!"

Olivia laughed, which was a welcome relief after everything that had happened so far. She had expected a quiet day of chess and alcohol and instead learned of the death of a good man, seen another panic thinking himself party to the murder of a poor woman named Mary, and another still suffer a panic attack because she stole a mouse out from under him... or on top of him, rather. The levity was welcome.

"Of course. It's the least I can do after all the help you are offering Andwair," she said, smiling genuinely, "besides, he loves meeting new people. Though... more so when they aren't screaming attack. By the way, I'm Olivia, I'm afraid I didn't catch all of your names."

Soon after, the front door opened and Olivia was more than a little relieved to see the man from before return looking in better condition. She gave him some space considering she was pretty sure that he was the last person he wanted to talk to, and busied herself fixing chairs.

All of a sudden she heard a THUD from outside in the direction of the old outhouses. It took her a second trying to figure out exactly what had happened when she noticed that the not-a-minotaur from earlier was missing. The half-orc who'd introduced himself as Gajine ran out to check on it and she thought to keep herself out of their business until she remembered a tiny detail she'd left out upon her return. "oh cursed gods the plant!" she panicked, sprinting out of the room. She caught sight of the half-orc about to turn the corner and yelled to him, "Watch the vines!" before peeking her head back in the door and beckoning, "M.A.C. come on!"

M.A.C.'s head looked up from where he was seated holding the chair still for her and quickly got up, stepping on the mostly-fixed chair in the process and heading for the door. Olivia quickly caught up with the half-orc, "the plant is dangerous. I was supposed to tell everyone earlier and forgot..." she said meekly, switchblade in one hand and the other resting on her crossbow.





Stat Block - Olivia
 

Stat Block - M.A.C.
 

 

Last edited by DaysUntold; 04-03-2019 at 04:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-02-2019, 07:23 PM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is online now
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2019
RPXP: 4832
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 2,026
Post
left-aligned image
Lady Vilthal

She released Olivia's hands at her answer and gave a muffled squeal through her clenched gloves, peering happily over them at her. "Thankyouthankyouthankyou! Icantwaittofigureoutwhatmakeshimwork!" She blurted out that string of...words? Before throwing herself headlong into fixing up the Hair of Bear tavern/inn.

Hard WorkVilthal remained in her clothing and armor as she pulled a multitude of tools from her large pouched belt. While not having any magical means to put together wood she was certainly adept at using what materials were on-hand to do the job. She started a fire in the small fireplace to have some heat going for the few bits of metal she had in her packs. It wasn't much but it would've kept the tables and chairs together for longer than they were going to at this rate. She looked up from her work when she felt Gajine tap her shoulder. From her crouched position she looked around the pub with a sigh, wiping her glistening face. "Uh, scraps of stuff... I hadn't check th' corner there or behind those stacked chairs." She points them out and walks over there with the Half-Orc to help scrounge.

It didn't take the two of them long to produce a veritable treasure trove of raw materials. The lumber was beautifully cut and very sturdy! And the metal sheets she uncovered, complete with odds and ends of all types, only served to add to her swelling good mood after being able to lay hands on MAC tomorrow morning. While Gajine hollered at Andwair about the supplies she was all too happy to simply gather them up and accept them as part of the payment for their work and to be used as needed in fixing up the Hair of the Bear tavern. Letting Gajine and Vesper take what they wanted and keeping the rest for herself.


The NoteOnce the materials were gathered and sorted Andwair approach her specifically, holding a note. She took a quick glance at it, nodded, then handed it back. "Vil-th-ALL. And... I guess I could make ya a couple stills. Ya got th' materials just layin' around. Just... don't go braggin' about who ya got t'make them okay? Don't want my name attached to booze makers. Gonna need t'have words with Vesper over makin' that offer without my say first..."


Did She...?Vilthal grunted as she heaved a finished table back onto its legs, seeing it now finished with everyone's help. She gave Gajine a pat on the shoulder as he announced he was headed to bed. She was gathering her tools when she heard a THUD outside the inn. And what sounded like... slithering? It sounded like ropes moving. And then everyone panicked and rushed out with Olivia making some comment about a plant. A dangerous plant? She was more concerned that Vesper jumped out a window! She moved with everyone else, glad that she had a little more magic left at her fingertips, drawing her crossbow and loading a bolt as the group charged out to engage in a life-threatening... plant.




Stat Block
 
__________________
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often

Last edited by Tyeal; 04-03-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-02-2019, 10:43 PM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2019
RPXP: 1668
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 525
Vesper Zuul
right-aligned image
Character Sheet: Vesper Zuul
Race: Yuan-Ti Pureblood Race (Volo's Guide to Monsters Pg. 120)Female Yuan-Ti Pureblood
Class: PHB Pg. 105 - 111Warlock (Level 4)
Archetype: Pact of the Matrix (Homebrew)
Armor Class: 16 when using Mage Armor and wearing Matrix13
Hit Points: 14/21| Active Effect: Mask of Many Faces (Disguise Self) AND Armor of Shadows(Mage Armor)
Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 10


Action used:
Bonus Action used:
Reaction/Opportunity Attack:
Movement:


Status: (When out of combat)-
Effects (Out of Combat):
 


 



Stick The Landing'It's not that high.' Vesper thought as she pulled her head back inside the window. "Just a little jump and then I can check on Kiirion. I don't like him being out there by himself." She was speaking out loud, but to no one in particular. Vesper shakes her head, taking on the appearance of one of the City Watch Guards that she saw from earlier... It was difficult to recall the outfit entirely, but she knew they had leather armor with boots... Playing around with the disguise, she eventually landed on
I'm Batguard!
something she liked. Taking a deep breath... she jumped!

When given a choice..."EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppp!!!!!!" It was all the sound she could muster after falling haphazardly out of the second story window. Instinctively, in response to the pain, the brands on her hands flashed a Pinkish-Red. A coating of snake scales began spread out from behind the Matrix Pendant and engulf her form.

She wasn't entirely certain which part of her hurt the most, her body or her wounded ego. But, neither was worth addressing right now. She needed to find Kiirion and make sure he was ok. It was all that mattered to her.

Standing proved more difficult than she initially thought it would be. She was certain that she would have more than a few bruises in the morning.

Scanning her surroundings, her eyes adjusted to the darkness. Two paths appeared before her, one down an allyway, and another around the building. Hmm, decisions decisions. As she stood there, debating which way that Kiirion would have gone, she could hear voices echoing off the walls of the alleyway. She couldn't make out what people were saying though...

Vesper takes a step closer to the alleyway in hopes that she'll be able to
Dice Perception Check vs Alleyway:
1D20 1
see or hear something.

Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-03-2019, 12:11 PM
UngainlyFool's Avatar
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2019
RPXP: 5427
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Posts: 2,752
Translator
right-aligned image
Gordon pulled up a stool at the bar, near, but outside of mechanical arms reach of the machine named Mister Alexander Culpepper,l. He was happy that it did not seem perturbed by the sudden absence of his flesh and blood friend. He contentedly ate the rest of his apple as Andwair opened a letter and read its contents out loud. He shook his head at the mention of vampire but understood where Vesper was going with her suggestions and the largess she gifted the minotaur in the coin pouch. "A guard, she means. A bouncer is a door guard. Merchant's Rest seems like a rough place with odd people such as ourselves coming and going. She is suggesting that you hire a guard to eject people from your bar if they get too rowdy. We know of a guard in Bowry named Larry who you might hire, though I doubt there is much crossover between those inside and out the wall if you ask me."

He took a painful sip of the drink Andwair had provided him and watched Gajine and Vilthal begin their work repairing some furniture in the common room. Listening to the rest of the letter, he tried his best to translate it after Andwair dumped the gold and copper coins out on the bar. "The liquor you get from the leather worker is not exactly delicious, Andwair, I'm sorry to say. She is suggesting that you take over production of your own spirits if you want to expand your business. Lady Vilthal," he spoke the names slowly, "and Gajine are both skilled craftspeople and can build you a still of your own if you wish." Gordon wondered if the elf and the half-orc went around doing this sort of work wherever they went. It seemed a nice thing to do and an honest trade, but a little below what they were capable of given the inventions they put forward earlier that day. "How much do you charge for your rooms for the night? I'm sure we can at least deduct that amount for six rooms from this sum. You should be paid for your services." Olivia returned to the bar followed eventually by Kiirion and he was glad everyone was in the same place and spending their time constructively. Until he caught sight of the motion outside the window as Vesper fell into the bushes outside. Everyone rushed at once with the warning of a dangerous plant outside and Gordon tipped his hat to the bartender, leaving the money on the bar at this point and made his way to follow the others.

Once outside he asked no one in particular, "If you all are looking to increase this man's business, perhaps we should start by removing deadly plants from the surrounds first?"

 
__________________
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 04-03-2019, 02:17 PM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2019
RPXP: 2909
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,527
Andwair and the Double G's
Looking between Gordon and Gajine, the Minotaur finally offer's a smile.Replying to Gajine, he shakes his head a bit..." I don't know.. I just bought it last year. It was empty and run down a bit. But what isn't in this town? So I thought I'd open it back up, I got it almost for free, I did!. The owners seemed like they were in a hurry to leave and we settled on 100 gold pieces. I thought they were just being nice...." His snout wrinkles in ponderment.

He turns to face Gordon with the coin bag, coins now swept into it and clanging..." it's a gold piece a night Mister Gordon. But... those apples..and if Vil-Th-eel or Gai-Junn will build me them stills... I'll let you all stay for free anytime ya like to!" It seemed like a real good trade to him and he nodded his head with his smartness.





Rabid Daises and Furious Daffodills...
Vesper rights herself after falling from the second story window, and in truth the pain she felt wasn't quite registering yet as adrenaline had temporarily replaced it. Quickly she stepped out from the bushes and began to make her way back to the roadway, hearing the voices of what she assumed were probably her companions. As she turned the corner, a smell began to encroach upon her senses, looking behind her, she could see the toxic plumes of smoke rise from each of her footsteps, crushing small violet flowers in her tred. Hastening, she was able to leave the trap quickly enough without being caught in the vine that was within seconds of grasping her ankle. When she saw it.. it shrieked backwards, as if it was appalled it had been discovered.

The group that had, at this point, all come outside in concern for her safety after hearing Olivia's warning can now just make out a silhouette at the corner of the tavern. With MAC and Gordon now joining the rest that had darted out, it was obvious to Vesper that her companions were now looking for her and truly concerned. The night continued to prove chaotic and unending, everyone was tired, everyone was ready to rest yet they pushed past their own personal concerns and laid everything aside for their friend. Even Andwair joined them, a few feet away from the door.. " What plant?"



OOCOOC NOTES-
If you want to encounter this plant ROLL FOR INITIATIVE
If you don't... then wrap it up and head inside to start your Long Rest. If more then 3 people ROLL you'll be in Combat. If it's a tie I will break it with a 1d2 roll. 1 is Sleep 2 is Combat.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-03-2019, 05:23 PM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2019
RPXP: 2909
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,527
Encounter #2- Dangerous Daffodils
Round One
The Vine sits still, aware you are near and keeps itself curled up in and around the outhouses. You're not sure where it starts or ends, but you get a sense that it's main body is entwined within the fallen wood and debris of the small shed like structures, all of which have fallen or rotted in various sections. The violet flowers are small and scattered around the area 10 feet in every direction of the outhouse , while the Vine rests, the Creeper lays dormant until tread upon. The toxins have a recharge of one full round. Right now they are dormant. If you step on one though (you step in their range 10 feet surrounding the vine on all sides) while they're charged, you must roll a Wis Save DC 10 or fall asleep due to the toxin (not magic) for 1d4 turns.
OOC Note- Vesper appears to be in some sort of disguise, trying to mimic the City Watch uniform. It looks nothing like the City Watch, besides a leather and half plate uniform
 

Last edited by MeredithS; 04-03-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-03-2019, 05:56 PM
DaysUntold's Avatar
DaysUntold DaysUntold is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2019
RPXP: 6819
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Posts: 1,736
Olivia
left-aligned image

Olivia rushed around the corner and stopped short, relieved to see that the young woman hadn't been tangled in the vines, though she was in a ridiculous looking costume. "Are you okay?" she asked, though she appeared to be unharmed.

Others were gathering and she pointed to the plants near the remnants of the out houses. "The purple ones release some sort of gaseous material and the ivy was moving towards us. I'm not really sure what they do, but they definitely aren't friendly," she said, realizing that what she was saying sounded more than a little crazy.

'The elf had seemed concerned... perhaps he can explain better,' she thought.

She looked around to the others, trying to gauge their feelings on the situation. "I'm a bit afraid to leave these here for some child to wander into. Would anyone else be interested in helping to clear these out with M.A.C. and I? I don't know how dangerous they are, so I'd honestly rather not risk doing it alone," she admitted, her cheeks blushing a bit realizing that her concerns could easily be overly cautious.

She sheathed her knife, unwilling to tread on the purple flowers again, and drew her pistol, waiting for input from the others.


Stat Block - Olivia
 

Last edited by DaysUntold; 04-03-2019 at 06:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-03-2019, 08:47 PM
Retry's Avatar
Retry Retry is online now
Typical undead bear
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2019
RPXP: 7231
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Posts: 4,124

Gajine Flintshard
Male Half-Orc Cleric of the Forge
 

As he charged toward the area he saw vespersomeone fall his mind could only imagine it being his friend Vesper. When Olivia caught up and warned him about the dangerous plants his mind began to panic. "Dammit Lass!" he grumbled removing Ol’ Trusty from its leather sling and swinging it in the air in front of him striking an invisible force that sparked wildly heating the blade. The blade was white hot with stray flames dancing on the metal’s edge.

As he came to the clearing he paused not seeing Vesper but instead some odd caped crusader. Hearing Olivia inquire if they could assist in clearing the flowers he gave her a quick glance, not really paying attention "Uh, yeah, sure thing miss…" he said and began moving towards the guard. "S’cuse me. Have ye seen a whee lass around?"

As the worlds left his mouth something felt weird…off. What was it? He looked down and let out panicked yelp – his armor! His shield! He left them inside!! He could go back in but thatd take too long if they were going to handle this now! "Dammit all ta tha hells!" flustered at his gaff he turned and pointed at the vine thingy with his flaming axe muttering under his breath summoning a ring of radiant flames. Better safe than sorry right now.

 
__________________
Join in on the Tug of War

Last edited by Retry; 04-04-2019 at 08:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-03-2019, 09:06 PM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is online now
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2019
RPXP: 4832
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 2,026
Post
left-aligned image
Lady Vilthal

Just as they were headed out the door Vilthal stopped when she realized Gajine had charged out with a weapon but no armor. She quickly turned, grabbed his shield and joined up with everyone, shield in one hand and a loaded crossbow in the other. She just caught the Half-Orc swinging his axe and causing the... Holy hells that thing was moving! And shrieking in pain! The killer plant thing was real!! Stunned for a few seconds she quickly yanked herself out of her thoughts and shoved Gajine's shield into his side under his arm. Taking up a position behind him she pulled back on the 2nd string to her crossbow to increase the force of her attack and took aim. The writhing mass looked pointless for a crossbow bolt so she took aim at the large flower sitting among the writing mass. This time, the bolt left her weapon with terrifying speed but missed the flower. Instead splintering part of the outhouse wall and burying itself somewhere in the dirt outside. "...Got th' bugs out of it!" She declared, starting to pull back and load another bolt. "Now I just gotta hit somethin'!"



Stat Block
 


 
__________________
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often

Last edited by Tyeal; 04-03-2019 at 09:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-03-2019, 09:57 PM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2019
RPXP: 2909
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,527
Andwair-Shocked and Awe'd

left-aligned image
Coming around the corner...Andwair stops dead in his tracks. For the life of him... he couldn't figure out what he was looking at! All eyes were on it... there it stood in the dark of night, nothing but the dim light of the tavern to illuminate it's features. He'd never seen anything like it before... He couldn't help it when his jaw dropped... Looking at.. the monster.

"Well.. I'll be a Uncle's monkey.. This.. This has been hiding in the shitter the whole time? Not on my watch! Down with you Outhouse Outlaw!" Bonus Action-(Spiritual Weapon)Suddenly he yells out "I need some help down here please!" And as if the universe had heard him, a distinct ring is heard and then materializes a giant Cow Bell. "Thank you!" he yells as it appears over Vesper's head. Content that his goddess heard him, he takes a step forward (moves to H1) When he stops, he touches the bush beside him and utters the Light Cantrip, setting the bush into a You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.bright light "Whew! I couldn't see nothin out here guys!"
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-03-2019, 11:06 PM
UngainlyFool's Avatar
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2019
RPXP: 5427
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Posts: 2,752
Two in the bush
right-aligned image
Gordon was starting to get a feel for how often Vesper would be in disguise as the newest incarnation greeted them where she had fallen. Same height. Check. Relieved when Andwair surprisingly summoned light in a nearby bush, he only had time to correct him briefly, "Not him, Andwair, the plant is the villian." He looked with worry at the giant cow bell over Vesper.

Gordon nodded at Olivia in appreciation of her chosen weapon, "If it seems to hit home, aim where I'm aiming." He winked and strode off purposefully, pulling his twin guns from his coat as he walked. With a pistol, it seemed fruitless to blast away at flowers so he aimed first with his blessed Liberté at the vines between the outhouses that seemed to have the most mass. The first shot was followed closely by the second, more accurate, Egalité.

Rolls
 

 
__________________
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas.

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 04-03-2019 at 11:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-03-2019, 11:34 PM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2019
RPXP: 2909
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,527
Violet Creeper

Thin and small vines along the ground ahead of you begin to stretch and flex forward. They curl and uncurl until the small toxic violets begin to pop up in a ten foot sphere from where the Creeper stops. For now, the gas continues to recharge within little pods, you can see the sealed blossoms begin to slowly expand.

-No attack. Recharging. Moved from K2 to H2. Everyone inside the violet aura will be affected by the Toxin release if they don't move before the Creeper's next turn.






 

Last edited by MeredithS; 04-04-2019 at 01:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-03-2019, 11:45 PM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2019
RPXP: 1668
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 525
Vesper Zuul
right-aligned image
Character Sheet: Vesper Zuul
Race: Yuan-Ti Pureblood Race (Volo's Guide to Monsters Pg. 120)Female Yuan-Ti Pureblood
Class: PHB Pg. 105 - 111Warlock (Level 4)
Archetype: Pact of the Matrix (Homebrew)
Armor Class: 16 when using Mage Armor and wearing Matrix13
Current Armor Class: 16
Hit Points: 6/21| Active Effect: Mask of Many Faces (Disguise Self) AND Armor of Shadows(Mage Armor)
Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 10


Movement:
From: H-3
To: H-6 (she will attack from here)
Then Move to: K-7

Bonus Action used: Cast 2nd-Level Illusion Spell

Concentration, Up to 1 Minute (10 rounds)

You weave together threads of shadow to create a sword of solidified gloom in your hand. This magic sword lasts until the spell ends. It counts as a simple melee weapon with which you are proficient. (Attack Roll = 1D20 + Prof Bonus + Ability Modifier) It deals 2D8 Psychic Damage on a hit and has the Finesse, Light, and Thrown Properties (Range = 20/60). In addition, when you use the sword to attack a target that is in DIM LIGHT or DARKNESS, you make the attack roll with ADVANTAGE.

If you Drop the weapon or throw it, it dissipates at the end of the turn. Thereafter, while the spell persists, you can use a Bonus Action to cause the sword to reappear in your hand.
Shadow Blade

Action used: Attack Creep Cluster
Dice Shadow Blade Thrown/Ranged Attack vs Creep Cluster:
2d20+4kh1 (11, 20 (keeping 20) )+4 Total = 24

If it hits;
Dice Psychic Damage:
2D8 2, 5 Total = 7


****Attack Roll Edit: Not made with Advantage due to the Creep Cluster being in Bright Light.
Attack Roll = 11+4= 15 total
Damage Roll = 2D8 = 5, 2 = 7 total****


Status: (When out of combat)-
Effects (Out of Combat):
 


 



Beware the BatguardEverything happened all at once and Vesper was both scared and angry. She just wanted to go check on her friend and, instead, she ended up putting more of her friends in harm's way. The vines and plant inched closer, getting right next to her. She needed to put some distance between herself and the threat.

As the rest of X-2 sprang into action, Vesper moved past Gordon and into the dim light. The brands beneath her disguise begin to glow a pinkish-red as she reaches out and appears to grab at the shadows. Her hands keep grasping at every shadow at the vicinity, gathering them into a ball until she has enough. In a single, fluid motion, she forms the shadows into a short black blade in the shape of a kukri.

The Shadow Blade summoned, she hurls it at the Creepy Murder Flower and watches as it sinks into the creatures torso, a moment later, the blade disappears in a silent eruption of smoke and shadow. Vesper smiles as she concentrates on the spell and continues moving further into the darkness.

Warning: rolls have been deleted from this post.

Last edited by Reliq0770; 04-04-2019 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Removing additional damage roll
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-04-2019, 01:10 AM
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2019
RPXP: 1385
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Posts: 819
Kiirion
right-aligned image
As it turned out, thankfully Vesper was okay, and in disguise. Olivia asked them to help take care of the plants. Of course they agreed. Like always with this group, chaos began. Gajine wasn't wearing his armor, he had taken it off to help with the work and hadn't though to put it back on before rushing out. A few people got in their attacks before the Wizard decided what he had to do. Kiirion moved forward and placed a hand on Gajine's shoulder. "This will substitute your armor." He said softly. A soft, green, glow transferred from Kiirion's hand to Gajine's body. The light faded, leaving behind an invisible protective layer that would act in some form of armor for the Cleric.


 

Last edited by ColorsOfTheHeart; 04-04-2019 at 01:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:38 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB