RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 04-04-2019, 01:28 AM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2019
RPXP: 2909
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,527
Strangler Vine Thing...

There was heavy rustling inside the outhouses, thick vines were beginning to move fallen wood and pieces of debris from the remnants of passing time where they had deteriorated. One by one, four larger extensions, thicker then the other twines, popped out of an Outhouse until the Vine wore it like a turtle shell . The broken door swings up and falls off the rusted hinges as it begins to make it's way towards it's companion, the Violet Creeper. From inside, a mouth with intricately tiny but needle sharp teeth opens wide, a whip like tongue unrolls itself outward from the hole in the bench of the outhouse. (Moves to i3) There, it's front two extensions reach for Gordon, the one who made him ooze. (Attack: SLAM/Grapple-You are immediately grappled upon a successful hit, escape is DC 15) Hit is +7, 2d8+5 Bludgeoning dmg)

Dice SLAM Attack:
1d20+7 (12)+7 Total = 19

Dice SLAM Dmg (?):
2d8+5 (1, 2)+5 Total = 8


The extensions begin to tangle around Gordon, whipping around him in a whirlwind of sticky tentacle like vines. They squeeze, slow at first but with each passing second, the tension increases as Gordon's body begins to get pulled closer to the Mutation's hungry mouth.



 

Last edited by MeredithS; 04-04-2019 at 01:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04-04-2019, 08:52 AM
DaysUntold's Avatar
DaysUntold DaysUntold is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2019
RPXP: 6819
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Posts: 1,736
Olivia and M.A.C.
left-aligned image

Olivia was quite surprised to see that the strangers had not only agreed to help, but that they had taken the initiative to do so right away. The plant seemed hard to hit though and even worse, Andwair started to attack the figure she had assumed to be the young woman from earlier - making her doubt her initial assumption until Gordon redirected the Minotaur's attention to the plant.

Relief flooded through her until the mass of vines seemed to writhe, tendrils emerging only to lash out against Gordon, entangling him and pulling him towards the center of it's form. Reflexively, Olivia aimed towards the center of the plant where Gordon seemed to cause it pain earlier and fired. Behind her, mechanical footsteps let her know that M.A.C. had finally made it.

"The plant," she said to him, over her shoulder and moved further from the apparently mobile plants.




right-aligned image

M.A.C. stood for a second, clearly trying to make sense over the scene unfolding before him. He'd never been asked to attack a plant before, but he must have trusted Olivia because the turret reappeared, making a series of mechanical clanks and scrapes before settling on his shoulder. Looking back and forth, he seemed a bit insure whether to retreat back to Olivia and fire, or to go to Gordon's aid. Eventually, he decides to help the man who watched his chess game and moves forward towards the mass of vines and leaves, leans forwards and attempts to take a giant mechanical bite out of the vines restraining Gordon. The steel jaws clamped tight around some of the vines and M.A.C. thrashed his head back and forth, leaves falling to the ground as he did so.

Stat Block - Olivia
 

 

Stat Block - M.A.C.
 

 

Last edited by DaysUntold; 04-04-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-04-2019, 09:02 AM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2019
RPXP: 2909
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,527
Round One Over- Round Two Start
(Posting End of Round Results and Olivia's Second Round Post Results as well-Gajine up next)

In the clutch of the Vine, Gordon can feel the hot breath of it's mouth on his face, though interestingly enough...He hears something(?) talking. Not able to make out what the words are and having no idea where the conversation is actually coming from, he can't help but be taken a bit back. It sounded like a full fledged argument, whatever the case was. Interestingly enough, the conversation went quiet the moment Olivia and MAC attacked the Vine. Arrows, bullets and a thrashing overtake the Vine, Gordon's body managing to dodge the assault upon his captor. With the last hit the Vine stops thrashing...it stands silent for only a moment before the Outhouse explodes upward from it's place on it's center, and out pop two Tiny Mushroom like creatures. Both looking exactly the same.. they face you and begin to dart around the area, screaming in Primordial, either trying to confuse you or perhaps they are afraid. At this point, it's not clear. They zig and zag around, their Tiny frames almost hard to make out in the dim light of the further yards.

DM Notes-Ooc-
Everyone roll a 1d8, anyone who gets a 1 is hit with shrapnel from the exploding Outhouse. Dmg 1d4 piercing.
The Grappler releases (obviously) Gordon and the Vine is now dead. You have Two Mushroom men that were "controlling" the Vine now running around in circles screaming in Primordial.


 

Last edited by MeredithS; 04-04-2019 at 03:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04-04-2019, 09:39 AM
DaysUntold's Avatar
DaysUntold DaysUntold is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2019
RPXP: 6819
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Posts: 1,736
Olivia and M.A.C.
left-aligned image

Olivia watched as M.A.C. ran forward into the fray and raised an eyebrow. 'well, that's one way to do it,' she thought watching as he thrashed about with the ivy like a rabid dog.

Olivia drew her crossbow in her offhand. It had been her father's and she couldn't give it up. She tried to stem her concern for her friend and moved a little to get a better view of the plants. Carefully, she lined up her shot with the ball of vines so as to not hit the others between them, she shot once with her pistol followed quickly by the Crossbow Expertcrossbow. Both seemed to hit, the bolt burying itself deep withing the center ball of vegetation.

[FIELDSET="Stat Block - Olivia"]
 

 
[/FIELDSET

Last edited by MeredithS; 04-04-2019 at 12:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-04-2019, 02:46 PM
Retry's Avatar
Retry Retry is online now
Typical undead bear
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2019
RPXP: 7231
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Posts: 4,123

Gajine Flintshard
Male Half-Orc Cleric of the Forge
 

He watched as everyone seemingly unloaded into the odd vine creature. As he looked on he felt his shield be pushed under his arm. He Jumped almost dropping the shield and strapped it to his arm. It was fairly difficult to do with flaming axe in hand but he’s, sadly, done this many times before. Don’t ask. He’s not allowed in certain taverns in Red Chester anymore due to this. He felt better having his shield, not as naked anymore and confident enough to take on the plants when he felt a soft touch on his shoulder and a wave of energy enwrap his body. He looked over his shoulder and saw Kiirion there fishing the spell. "I’m indebted ta ya both. Ye have me thanks!"

As he turned ready to charge the vine creature as well he saw it collapse and release the gunslinger. It was then the damn outhouse exploded!!

Standing still in shock he heard chunks of wood and…other stuff fall all around him. ”Well…this is new…” he thought and gave a light chuckle as two mushroom men emerged from the outhouse. "What in tha blazes re those?!" he cackled. This was getting absurd. He looked down at the odd violet creature as his laughter took on a sinister tone as he brought his flaming axe down striking true. From the strike a small fire erupted threatening to engulf the creature. Sadly the flames did not look as strong as they could be, he had waited too long possibly. As he returned his handaxe to his side he brought his shield up and pushed forward into the creature trying to shove it back.

"Get! Back!!" he shouted out as he tried to push.

 
__________________
Join in on the Tug of War
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04-04-2019, 03:08 PM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2019
RPXP: 2909
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,527
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04-04-2019, 03:31 PM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is online now
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2019
RPXP: 4832
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 2,026
Post
left-aligned image
Lady Vilthal

Thing went from 'Manageable' to 'Fiery Chaos and Deafening Fury' very quickly.

Vilthal was just happy her crossbow fired and the second string she added to boost tension on the shot not only held up but also worked very well on the outhouse wall she had hit instead of the writhing plant. She opted to pull back just one string as she readied another bolt while everyone else threw down their own attacks on the rather vicious overgrowth. As Gajine and others charged in, gunshots ringing out that filled her ears with dull buzzing sounds and wincing as she clasped her pointed ear, the outhouse that was closest to all the carnage detonated with the emergence of two shrieking mushroom... men? Creatures? She couldn't tell if they were actually talking or just making noises. She ducked down behind Gajine as wood and bits of metal flew through the air. Soon enough something new was filling the air; Thick spores that couldn't have been good for anyone.

Darting away she put some more distance between herself and the plant releasing those spores. She found a good angle that she could fire around everyone and focus largely on the large spore-spewing salad that everyone was crowded another. Wanting to help end this quickly she yanked hard on the second string to once more put intense force on her next shot. She leveled her crossbow, took aim, and fired at the lit-up purple pustule. The bolt flew through the air but struck in the ground, nearly pinning the thing's roots to the soil but otherwise not harming it. She snarled and started loading another shot. "Gods DAMMIT it's hard t'aim this thing with both strings in place...!"


Stat Block
 


 
__________________
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often

Last edited by Tyeal; 04-04-2019 at 03:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 04-04-2019, 03:44 PM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2019
RPXP: 2909
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,527
Small puffs of white froth plume from Andwair's snout. He was outraged at the thought of ...these potty people takin up residence in his outhouses, he didn't care how broken they were.. It costs 1 gold coin to bed down at the Hair of the Bear! These creatures be squattin for free! He looks to the Cow Bell above Vesper and moves it above the Violet Creeper, it's bell now beginning to toll in the hull... "Dong Ding Dong" He nodded his head..." That's right buddy, no people eatin house plants gonna ruin my fine establishment, no buddy!" Alas, the bell that had been starting to strike, simply fell free from the bell and dropped to the ground. " Awe man! Its... ah...it's just a bit rusty...is all. " Turning bright red heMoved to J4 runs over to the fallen piece to pick it up and looks around him.. "Oh no... this don't look good guys! Those blooms are bout to explode!" He wasn't sure what to do... so he cried out Up to six creatures of your choice that you can see within range each regain hit points equal to 2d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.another prayer..."Yer bell rusted off, still need some help... things are ugly down here!!" For a moment.. perhaps the well intuned to Bovine religion, could almost see the shimmery sparkle that surrounded them as the prayer became reality, the Goddess Andwair called upon, seemingly answered him, at least that was what he believed the only explanation as to his "powers". Another nod of his head before he literally dove to the ground to turn and spread his body out as far as possible to shield the group from the toxin that was about to be released.

(Andwair is providing a boon to Toxin action, anyone affected when it goes off, can roll their save at Advantage except Andwair, his is DisAdvantage. )



 



DM Notes-Ooc-
If you didn't, Please roll this with your next post.
Everyone roll a 1d8, anyone who gets a 1 is hit with shrapnel from the exploding Outhouse. Dmg 1d4 piercing.


 




 

[/FIELDSET]

Last edited by MeredithS; 04-04-2019 at 04:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 04-04-2019, 04:34 PM
UngainlyFool's Avatar
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2019
RPXP: 5427
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Posts: 2,752
Two in the bush
right-aligned image
At first, Gordon wasn't sure he hit the thing, there was no cry of pain as one might expect from a flesh and blood creature. But hit it he did, and anger it he also did. The horrendous thing with a gaping mouth of spines shambled toward him and lashed out with its vines to wrap around him. The sticky ropes held him fast and began slithering up his arms, ready to pin his guns and drag him into the gaping orifice. But the new friend and her robot saw he was in trouble and came to his aid! Gordon saw M.A.C. bite down on one of the vines holding him and, as his body moved ever closer, suddenly a large hole bloomed in the thing followed by a small bolt where a brain might have been and the vine creature went slack. Gordon was still wriggling out of the sticky vines, opening his mouth to thank Olivia when the outhouses exploded, sending shards of wood and septic mush in his direction along with two gibbering mushroom like creatures. He spat and gagged as some of it landed in his mouth. But it wasn't too bad, the outhouses hadn't been used in a long time and it was more humus than feces. But the humiliation of being soiled made the gunslinger grit his teeth, and stare balefully at the mushroom men.

Gajine set the other plant on fire and shoved it a little ways. The violet blooms still surrounded him and pulsed as if ready to regurgitate whatever lay inside, Gordon felt the healing power of the minotaur's magic and saw Andwair dive on some of the blooms as he began backpedaling away from the angry plant. With a quick look to the mushroom men, he decided to focus on the current threat. Hopefully his bullets would be enough. 12 damageBlam! nat 1Click.

Rolls
 

 
__________________
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas.

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 04-04-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 04-04-2019, 05:02 PM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2019
RPXP: 2909
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,527
Violet Creeper

As it's thin twiney vines began to curl and wither around it, the fire from Gajine's attack and the shot from Gordon's gun sent it's body into panic mode. The toxin build up had finally recharged and it could no longer contain the release. The violet blossoms sprung out around them, releasing the poisonous vapors in that 10 foot sphere... As the Creeper let the fumes go...it Moves to L2moves closer to one of the Mushroom men (MM#1) beside the outhouse.

It seems to almost look at Gajine with a snarling whip of a vine... almost taunting him as the flames extinguished from it's main body. Looking to Gordon...the main body's blooms open wide to reveal a little mouth with a few fangs... If only plants could laugh...it would. Though.. the first bullet had really done some damage, its reflexes were slowed, it's fortitude weakened, little bits of chlorophyll seeped from various wounds upon its ivy and its center.

-Dm Notes-
Gajine, Kiirion make a Wis Save, DC 10 at Advantage to avoid the 1d4 turns of being asleep due to poison. (MAC is Immune). Andwair rolls at Disadvantage (passed )







 




 

Last edited by MeredithS; 04-08-2019 at 10:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 04-04-2019, 10:32 PM
Reliq0770's Avatar
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2019
RPXP: 1668
Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770 Reliq0770
Posts: 525
Vesper Zuul
right-aligned image
left-aligned image
Character Sheet: Vesper Zuul
Race: Yuan-Ti Pureblood Race (Volo's Guide to Monsters Pg. 120)Female Yuan-Ti Pureblood
Class: PHB Pg. 105 - 111Warlock (Level 4)
Archetype: Pact of the Matrix (Homebrew)
Armor Class: 16 when using Mage Armor and wearing Matrix13
****Current Armor Class = 16****

Hit Points: 19/21| Active Effect: Mask of Many Faces (Disguise Self) AND Armor of Shadows (Mage Armor)
Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 10


Movement: From: K-7
To: N-11

Bonus Action used: Summon the Shadow Blade back to Vesper's Hand (8 rounds remaining)

Action used: Attack Creeper
Dice Eldritch Blast vs Creeper:
1d20+6 (3)+6 Total = 9


Dice Pact Boon: Pact of the Matrix - Attack Reroll:
1D20+6 (3)+6 Total = 9


If it hits;
Dice Force Damage:
1D10 9


Finish Movement: From: N-11
To: O-12 (behind tree for cover)


Status: (When out of combat)-
Effects (Out of Combat):
 


 



Best. Bartender. Ever!"Thank You Andwair!" Vesper calls out to him as she feels the rejuvenating effects of his spell begin to mend her wounds. She takes off Movement From K-7 To N-11running further into the darkness

Summoning the Shadow Blade back into her hand, she ducks underneath the shrapnel of the exploding outhouse. This night just keeps getting crazier and crazier...

Stopping near a tree, she turns and, just as her eyes adjust to the darkness, she holds up her hand and fires an Eldritch Blast at the Violet Creepy Plant Thing. Ducking behind the tree, she peaks out and is genuinely confused by the strange little mushroom men running around yelling. "What the..."


Last edited by Reliq0770; 04-04-2019 at 10:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 04-06-2019, 02:07 PM
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2019
RPXP: 1385
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Posts: 819
Kiirion
right-aligned image


As the toxins emerged from the plant again, Kiirion covered his mouth with his sleeve, managing to avoid breathing it in. He moved his arm just in time to see Gajine, who was standing next to him, falling his way. With no time to dodge, Kiirion did the only thing he could, try to catch the Half-Orc. For a moment, it seemed like it was going to work, but then the weight just kept coming. Even without his armor, Gajine was too heavy for the small Wizard. They crashed to the ground together with a thud, Kiirion trapped underneath the Cleric. He could hear Gajine snoring, the toxins seemed to cause some sort of sleep. With a string of Elvish curses, the Wizard pulled himself out from under the Cleric. Not wanting to leave the now vulnerable man alone, Kiirion took up a position in front of him.

They had to take out the plant before it put anyone else to sleep.Extending a hand on front of him, Kiirion summoned a ball of flame next to the plant. Closing his hand into a fist, he slammed said ball of fire directly into the creature. "Don't get too close to the fire or it will burn you too!" He called to his companions.


Dice Flaming Sphere DMG:
2d6 4, 6 Total = 10


 
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 04-08-2019, 10:25 AM
DaysUntold's Avatar
DaysUntold DaysUntold is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2019
RPXP: 6819
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Posts: 1,736
M.A.C. 'n cheese
right-aligned image

The vines with limp in M.A.C.'s mouth and he was about to motion to Olivia, showing her his accomplishment when the outhouses exploded and two small creatures emerged.

"cat!! cat!! cat!!" M.A.C. yelled, unsure of what to do with the newly emerged... cats.

He looked back and forth to his new companions looking for what to do and saw them still attacking the plants. He was about to run towards the creeper in an attempt to take another within his giant mechanical jaws when he heard Kiirion's warning. Instead, a turret emerged from a compartment on his back and securing itself on the robot's shoulder, the panel sliding back in place one everything was settled. A whirring sound initiated and M.A.C. fired at the violet creeper, trying to avoid the 'cat' that he was still unsure of.


Stat Block - M.A.C.
 

 

Last edited by DaysUntold; 04-08-2019 at 10:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 04-08-2019, 10:27 AM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2019
RPXP: 2909
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,527
[SPOILERBUTTON="Party Stats"]
Party Stats
Kiirion Vesper Vilthal Gordon Olivia GajineNPC
HP 21/21 HP 19/21 HP 31/31 HP 21/25 HP 30/30 HP 30/30HP 19/19
AC 12 AC 16 AC 15 AC 16 AC 13 AC 17Mage Armor and Shield* AC 15
Condition Condition Condition Condition Condition Asleep 1/4 Condition
Timer Flaming Sphere1/10 Timer Shadow Blade2/10 Timer Timer Timer Timer Timer
-----  
-----  
INITATIVECREATURES FAMILIARS
Name Init
Olivia 18
Mushroom #1 17
Gajine 16
Vilthal 14
Andwair 13
Gordon 11
Creeper 11
Vesper 9
Mushroom #2 6
Kiirion 4
Vine 4
MAC 3
Vine Creeper Mushroom Man#1 0/0Mushroom Man#2 0/0HP 0/0HP 0/0
13 13 15 15 AC AC
Exploded Goopy Mess(dead) Is really pissed and withering, not on fire anymore.. Healthy You have his attention Condition Condition
------
------
MAC
M.A.C. - AC 15 HP: 19/19 Active Effect- Action used: Bonus Action used: Reaction/Opportunity Attack: Status: Passive Perception:9 Effects (Out of Combat):Stats






 

Last edited by MeredithS; 04-08-2019 at 10:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 04-08-2019, 11:50 AM
MeredithS's Avatar
MeredithS MeredithS is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2019
RPXP: 2909
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Posts: 1,527
End of Round Two, Beginning of Round Three
Olivia's crossbow finds it's mark and the bolt sinks into the Strangler Vine, interestingly and what may catch Gordon's eye, is she also removes her pistol from her holster and what seems as almost at the same time, fires that as well into Vine. The Vine's center mass explodes, sending remnants of the outhouse it carried into the air and threatening to pierce those it it's landing path. As the area is littered with splinters, debris and sludge, everyone seems to dodge the incoming threat...except Gordon, who was still quizzically intrigued by Olivia's sudden producement of her firearm.

The Strangler Vine, though dead on the ground, shifts and moves and without warning, two very tiny mushroom like people both pop up and out from somewhere within the mess of vines and twines. They are chaotically running around,yelling in primordial, seemingly shocked and nervous.

Gajine scoops the Toxic blooms with his shield, pushing the Creeper back and only slightly out of range from Vilthal, his axe hitting with a fire that smulders the Creeper's lengthy ivy and vines.

Try as she might, Vilthal's crossbow bolt goes wonky, missing the target set in her crossfire. The bolt seems to be heading on course when suddenly the shaft splinters, causing it to veer off towards the remaining outhouses. It hits with a THWAG! One of the Mushroom men (MM#2) watches as it wizzes past him, stopping him just beside the Creeper in a bit of shock.

Gunfire erupts and echo's in the small shanty town around them, the distinct sound and smell of fired gunpowder engulfs the Fungi's senses. He has no idea what it was but whatever it had been, had sent him to his knee's, little chubby arms covering his wide cap head. The first shot had hit true to it's mark, yet Gordon's second shot had missed, the first time in quite a while the Gunslinger momentarily recollected. The second bullet sprang out, a blue flame licking at it's exit, the flame caught Gordon's eye and in that split millisecond his wrist quivered and the aim of the revolver misaligned, the bullet whizzing past the Creeper. A moment later, you hear a chicken scream from somewhere further beyond.

The Yuan-Ti Warlock stands her ground,letting her more primitive energies swirl within her, a sliver of her Patron's promise gurgling within the core of her strength. The Eldritch Blast arises between her hands and is sent towards Creeper and though it seems to hit it's mark, the Creeper's natural thick vines and body shield it from the onslaught of force. The effect not to Vesper's liking, sends her further back, taking cover behind a tall willow tree, the wispy limbs swaying around her, it's delicate viney branches easily concealing her within (Half Cover from the Willow Tree).



The cowering Mushroom (MM#2) is screaming in a small voice, barely audible from his position near the grasses and earth, though in primordial, the language floats past Kiirion's perceptive hearing.The Creeper's vines recoil, the ivy that encompassed it begins to flail about, the toxin within the blooms released. Andwair throws himself upon the ground, trying to protect anyone within the radius of effect, as he does so, he buries his head into the earth as far as he can, much like an ostrich. The toxins spread around his body, weaving it's hazy gas against Gajine.

The Half-Orc is simply overcome by the poison, almost without warning, he is put asunder, Kiirion trying diligently to brace himself against the weight of the Cleric. They fall together, almost in slow motion, Kiirion managing to roll from beneath Gajine and right himself once again. The words from the Fungi drift to Kiirion but in the heat of the moment and the incantation already being spoken, the Mage had released the Flaming Sphere spell against the Creeper, it's wild fire flickering in waves against the Mushroom Man (#2.)

MAC begins to step towards the Creeper, though decides against it...instead a giant long range turret begins to unveil itself from his shoulder. The multigun rifle system firing at the center mass, hoping to subdue it. The bullets hit the Creeper and though it's oozing and flailing, it's sharp teeth, now gone from the battery it's received, lives on.



Round 3 Start!

Creeper is still alive!

Gajine is fast asleep for 4 rounds. I reflected his condition in the Party Block. You can wake Gajine up by curing his poison, either through a spell or a DC 20 Herbalism Check.

Kiirion understands Primoridal. I've secreted his message.

Annnnd...Olivia starts us off! Nice job in Round Two!


 





 

Last edited by MeredithS; 04-08-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:34 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB