Notices

Old 06-21-2019, 01:56 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 425
Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama
@Jab Burrwalky

I must be missing it but I don't see no list of personalities in the link you posted.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:03 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 94
teotsal
Ah I see, thanks a lot!
Old 06-21-2019, 07:58 AM
MostlyMaddeninglyMadMan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4427
Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad
Posting interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gualdarrama View Post
@Jab Burrwalky

I must be missing it but I don't see no list of personalities in the link you posted.
I got you:
https://media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/d...Preview_ff.pdf
"There's a slope down toward evil, a gentle gradient that can be ignored at each step, unfelt. It's not until you look back, see the distant heights where you once lived, that you understand your journey." - Prince of Thorns
Old 06-21-2019, 08:23 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1518
Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur
>>>COMPLETE!Feedback very much appreciated!*<<<

Application
right-aligned image
Character Name: Rog-narag Black Bow
Race: Hobgoblin
Class: Mystic
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Background: Outlander (Bounty Hunter)
2 Personality Traits: I once ran twenty-five miles without stopping to warn to my clan of an approaching enemy horde. I'd do it again if I had to. I'm driven by a sense of justice that is not shared by my own people.
Ideal: Justice. Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.
Personal Bond: I owe my continued existence to my sister. She's probably dead, but I live the way I do in honor of her sacrifice, and her ideal of what I could be.
City Bond: The Yawning Portal is my new home and source of livelihood, where I can use my abilities to help those who have suffered injustice.
Flaw: I remember every insult I've received and nurse a silent resentment toward anyone who's ever wronged me.

Preferred Starting Season: Winter
Acquaintance: Yagra Stonefist. I found her and her crew on their way back to Waterdeep. Almost cost me my life, but despite her gruff words and manner, the half-orc saw beyond my race and decided I was... interesting. Been working with her ever since.

Appearance: Rog-narag ties his hair in a high topknot, and wears various leathers-and-bones for protection, making him seem more savage and wild than his more militaristic companions. He walks with bare feet, disturbing nary a leaf or twig when he's on the hunt. Tall and lanky, the warchief of Rog-narag's clan described him as weak; cowardly. Though he was almost a head taller than the hobgoblin leader and most of his kin, could hit a target at more than a hundred paces with uncanny precision with his longbow, and possessed a superb intellect for tactics and complex problem-solving, the hobgoblin was considered of lower status than his more martial cousins. And in the clan, status was everything. Compare to Rog's older sister Rakshas who was a champion of a fighter and a fierce leader, it was clear that he was an anomaly in his society. Rakshas was as red-skinned and muscled as the most powerful male, while Rog had a charcoally-red tinge, like that of old clay, and she was second only to the chief in both martial prowess and leadership ability. Still, Rog-narag was tolerated by his clan for his skill in hunting and tracking, as well as his relationship with Rakshas; he even received a black longbow made of strengthened yew wood in recognition of his contributions to his sister's success. Hence he was given the nickname, 'Black Bow'.

In Waterdeep he keeps his appearance and abilities shrouded in dark hooded cloaks, often seeing his "clients" in a shadowy nook of the tavern. They needed his skill, not his skin; and a little bit of theatrics impressed the gullible. Rog always got results, but some would not take kindly to the fact that he was of goblinoid descent.

Secret Writing Sample:

Last edited by Hundur; 06-26-2019 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:20 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 84
calledThird

Old 06-21-2019, 09:53 AM
Daytime Denizen

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 588
Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky
Some good applications here, folks! Keep up the good work! Also, let me know if you want any critique/review of your character application, and whether or not it's in its final format.

Sadral, glad to hear it! I hope it lives up to your expectations!

Mostlymad, thanks for the backup link! I'll incorporate it into the main post for future applicants as well.

Last edited by Jab Burrwalky; 06-21-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:04 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 425
Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama
I am leaning towards Obaya Uday.

Is she Chultan or Turnami?

edit: nevermind, there is a stub in the forgotten realms wiki- she's from Chult.

Last edited by Gualdarrama; 06-21-2019 at 11:05 AM.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:54 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 238
Dreamer Dreamer Dreamer
Jab, Rinn's app is complete now, unless there's anything I'm missing, then feel free to let me know! Thanks.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:33 PM
The helpful polar bear

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8166
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Almire Coding
Race: Glasya Tiefling
Class: Bard
Alignment: Neutral
Background: City Watch (flavor: Ex-City Watch)
Personality Traits
  1. I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success.
  2. I have a crude sense of humor.
Ideal: Live and Let Live. Ideals aren't worth killing over or going to war for. (Neutral)
Bonds:
  1. Personal: With my job gone my family has abandoned me. I stay to find a way into their good grace once more.
  2. City: This has been my home, where I served the public. If only they would treat me like they did back then.
Flaw: I made a terrible mistake that cost many lives, and I would do anything to keep it from becoming public knowledge.
Acquaintance: "Threestrings" - I've often sought him out to test my abilities with a lute. Nothing brings in a crowd like dueling instruments. He often treats me like we're on good terms but then again, that might just be due to I've never beat him at a duel.

Have you played this adventure?: Negative!~

This should be good to go, let me know if I'm missing something.

Last edited by Retry; 06-21-2019 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:16 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 136
VaultDweller VaultDweller
I think this is mostly complete. Please let me know if I need to fix or change anything. Thanks for the look!

right-aligned image

Character Name: Wilmorn

Race: Half-elf

Class: Rogue

Alignment: Neutral Good

Background: Criminal/Spy

2 Personality Traits:
I am extremely slow to trust. Sometimes those who seem fairest have the most to hide.
I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.

Ideal: People. I’m loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care.

2 Bonds:
Someone I loved died because of a mistake I made. That will never happen again.
Waterdeep is an opportunity to start over again, and not have to be reminded of my past.

Flaw: An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I’m okay with that.

Preferred Starting Season: Autumn

Acquaintance: Bonnie the barmaid. Wil is a frequent customer at the Yawning Portal, and is always friendly to Bonnie. He has helped her fight off drunken advances on a couple of occasions. They always have a smile and kind word for each other.

Last edited by VaultDweller; 06-21-2019 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:46 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3388
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Reese LeChance
right-aligned image

Character Name: Reese LeChance
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Rogue
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Description: Reese is unremarkable by human standards. He has dark hair and eyes, a strong build from his time surviving on his own, and usually a clean-shaven face. He wears leather armor and a long cloak and hood for traveling. Two sword handles rise above his right shoulder and two hand crossbows sit holstered on either thigh.

Background: Outlander (Bounty Hunter)
Trait: I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
Trait: I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won’t save you from a hungry owlbear.
Ideal: Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it.
Personal Bond: My honor is my life
City Bond: I’m trying to pay off an old debt I owe to a generous benefactor.
Flaw: Don’t expect me to save those who can’t save themselves. It is nature’s way that the strong thrive and the weak perish.

Acquaintance: Durnan, the proprietor of the Yawning Portal, has been Reese's friend and confidant with Waterdeep for years. With a firm pulse on the city, Durnan always knows who is offering the most lucrative contracts.
Secret Writing Sample:

Last edited by Silent Rain; 06-24-2019 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 04:32 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 355
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
Character Aplication
left-aligned image
Character Name: Dvanar Kalir
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Wizard
Alignment: Lawful Good
Background: Sage - Wizards Apprentice
Personality Trait: There is nothing I love more than a good mystery.
Personality Trait: I'm willing to listen to every side of an argument before I make my own judgement.
Ideal: Logic - emotions must not cloud our logical thinking.
Bond: He has very close ties to his family
Bond: He stays in Waterdeep because he has developed a love for learning about the history and mysteries of Waterdeep.
Flaw: I am easily distracted by the promise of knowledge.

Preferred Starting Season: Summer

Acquaintance: He knows Jalester Silvermane. He likes to talk to him to learn what is going on around the city and for advice on who to talk to if he wants to learn something Jalester does not know.

Secret Writing Sample:

Last edited by Draidden; 06-26-2019 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 382
Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie
Character Application
right-aligned image

Character Name: Sylvie
Race: Forest Gnome
Class: Druid
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Urchin
Personality Traits: 1. I bluntly say what others are hinting at or hiding. 2. I hide scraps of food and trinkets away in my pockets.
Ideal: All people and ALL ANIMALS, rich or poor, wild or tame, "valuable" or not, deserve respect.
Bonds: 1. If the Snipes hadn't looked after me, I never would have survived. I have a certain loyalty to the old crew and a tolerance for street urchins generally. 2. If I leave Waterdeep, who will lead and continue the AFS? Who will look after Waterdeep's wild and ferrel animals?
Flaw: I'm wicked spiteful and will slander or even backstab someone who crosses me (literally or figuratively).
Preferred Starting Season: Autumn
Acquaintance: Bonnie is a "sister" from the Snipes. She's gone straight, too.

Secret Backstory:

Last edited by Oakie; 06-21-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-22-2019, 03:14 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 94
teotsal
Alright, my application is complete. Tell me if I'm missing somethig please, and how it is in general.
Old 06-22-2019, 07:53 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1831
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
right-aligned image

Character Name: Almarin Hawkwinter
Race: Human
Class: Paladin (intended Oath of Redemption)
Alignment: CG
Background: Waterdhavian Noble
Personality Traits:
1. Almarin lives to experience all that life has to offer. He is passionate, curious and more than willing to let himself be tempted. Since he is always searching for something new, he usually does not allow a bad habit to become a vice or addiction.
2. The young man has never experienced true loss or misfortune, the greatest tragedy being not to be invited to a party he would have loved to attend or being rejected by a beautiful woman he just met. This makes him see the world with a (pampered) child’s bright eyes, always cheerful and ready to joke.
Ideal: Almarin truly believes that the world, or at the very least Waterdeep, is a paradise for all - and if not it could become one. There is enough money in the city to allow everyone a life of pleasure and comfort. Peace and prosperity is the solution to all problems.
Bonds:
1. Almarin’s greatest love is the very city of Waterdeep. He would probably die of sorrow if he was ever forced to leave the city and is willing to go to very great lengths to protect the city and its people from those that seek to harm them.
2. The paladin’s relationship with the Vigilant Eyes of Helm is tenuous at best. There are many voices that ask that the young man be expelled from the holy order for neglecting his duties and dishonoring the god and his followers. Still either because he sees something in him or because of his family name, the leader of the order refuses to take such drastic measures. After all, Almarin’s devotion to Helm is -in his own way- sincere.
Flaw: The young man is naive of the ways of the world. Being innocent as a child, to encounter true sadness, as he is eventually bound to do, would either completely shatter him or turn him into another man.
Preferred Starting Season: Winter, being the season Almarin is least socially active.
Acquaintance: Durnan, proprietor of the Yawning Portal.

The application is complete! Character sheet link: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=81116

Last edited by Elanir; 06-23-2019 at 04:18 AM.