twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 06-21-2019, 07:25 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 609
Ahab Ahab Ahab Ahab Ahab Ahab
Hey Infestation, done with my application. Still polishing up the character sheet.

Re: fun feat: Always love when I get to take Throw Anything!
Old 06-22-2019, 02:25 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 228
Infestation Infestation Infestation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
Are magical tails fun? (^_^)

Nevermind. Found a much more fun one. Realistic Likeness. Hehehe.
I probably would have said no anyway. You can role-play that you have more, or less, tails so that basically just turns it into a feat that gives you spells per day. The Realistic Likeness is much closer to what I was thinking.
Old 06-22-2019, 03:35 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 250
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Indeed! Much more RP fun, less mechanical. And I'll be getting more magic tails as the game progresses anyway, so it's cool to make that sort of milestones of character development.
Old 06-22-2019, 04:07 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Here are a couple example classmates what kind of information to expect when you meet them. Basically I will fill in more information as you interact with them, or remaining relatively bare if you don't. These will be actual classmates and aren't "example only". Ayla Valentin and Aeolus Rosson.

Also, I added a chart of who is applying and with what so that I can keep track. I stole this by looking at other game advertisements. You can also use it to see what elements/classes others are picking.
Old 06-22-2019, 04:36 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 836
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
I'm back with another question, this time about some 3pp classes.

I was hoping I would be able to apply with a Spellwright. I can provide you with a copy of the PDF if you're interested in giving it a look. Mechanically they're prepared arcane casters who focus around card-based magic (kinda like MTG where each card holds a 'spell' that they have to re-draw every morning when they prepare spells.)
Old 06-22-2019, 05:35 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Funny enough I have the Decks of Cards book from them but not the Spellwright, too bad they didn't simply add the class to the book, would make sense. I do have a couple of their other classes and if they kept to the same level of power then it should be fine. They don't seem particularly powerful, mostly just flavorful. I kind of like their Skinwalker Shaman, but then again I have always been fond of options that combine a race and class together. Don't know why.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:59 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
I sent you a PM with a link to the pdf, if you have no other problems with it I'll get started making an application!

Application Completed
left-aligned image
Name: Munin Leng
Race: Human
Class: Spellwright
Campaign Trait: Inquisitive
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Element: Earth (Silver), Water (Ink!)
Favorite Color: Silver Favorite Food: Pudding
Personality: Structured, inquisitive, experimental. Munin follows his own guideline of behavior when there aren't clearly-defined laws to dictate how he should react to situations. He doesn't blindly follow the law; instead he believes that the law is the currently accepted most effective means of accomplishing whatever the law's purpose is, and it should be changed or removed if a better method is discovered at later date.
Long Term Goals: Munin Leng wishes to design, get funding for, and oversee the construction of the largest magical library in the world. He wants to devise a system where visitors can get magically created copies of texts that won't risk the originals where they remain safe and protected.
Short Term Goals: Collect and fill a card book with First Edition cards printed fully with spells.
Background: Munin Leng is the son of a librarian. No information on his father exists, as it was a short dalliance with a noble of some station. He grew up around books and scrolls, but as much as he tried as a child he couldn't manage to draw upon magic normally. He could feel it, just something wasn't allowing him to actually *cast* magic without a medium. Studying scroll-work, and the rules behind it, gave him a second chance at learning magic.
He wasn't sure *how* he got into that academy, since he had been planning on putting it off a year, but the acceptance letter was on his desk when he awoke one morning. He suspects this particular college was chosen because of something his mother knew about his father.
Languages Known: Common, Elven, Sylvan, Terran, Aquan, Ignan.
Character SheetLink to his Character Sheet

Last edited by Runetide; 06-29-2019 at 04:02 AM.
Old 06-22-2019, 02:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 572
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infestation View Post
Was there something in particular you wanted to know?
Everything? Lol.
Honestly just if Pip matched the definition of elemental spirit. I wasn’t entirely sure what they were like in context to the story. I figure itje elements and their spirits are going to play in later on and I wanted to make sure Pip was okay.
Old 06-23-2019, 05:03 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Elementals and spirits are two separate things here. There are elemental spirits, though not spirit elementals (though that might be an interesting idea).

Elementals - Pretty much the same as normal Pathfinder elementals save that there aren't the different elemental planes of existence. Elementals form naturally in geographic locations that are strong in a particular element. Wind and lightning elementals tend to be formed during violent storms, and ride the storm as it travels. Fire elementals form near lava or in the middle of deserts. Earth elementals tend to be underground or in rocky terrain that is sparse in plant life. Etcetera. They aren't necessarily common, usually popping up during strong weather events or when magic seems to condense in a specific area. The weaker ones are more common and practically mindless. The more powerful ones are intelligent and capable of creating more of their own if left alone.

Spirits - They are everywhere. All around you and yet hardly ever noticed, except by those that can tap into their power. They are invisible to the naked eye and are not revealed by detect magic. They cannot be felt and do not have a physical form except when a mage forces them to, usually as a familiar. Usually only spirit casters (Pathfinder divine classes), certain bloodlines, or those that use familiars pay close attention to the spirits. Even familiars that appear to be common animals are usually spirits in physical form. Spirits only have the power to "grant" benefits, not take them away. For example, a spirit of fire could light a campfire but it could not snuff it out. A spirit of rain could cause it to start raining but it could not snuff out a natural storm. There are many that pray to them as others do deities, even though they usually pray to them as a collective whole they do sometimes voice a specific spirit during the prayer. For example, a farmer praying to a rain spirit during a drought or teenage boy praying to a spirit of love just before admitting his feelings to his crush. There is a spirit for nearly everything, including all of the elements (though this does not mean they are a type of elemental). Spirits in their normal state are not sentient, they do not have personality, they are neither good or evil, they simply exist. This changes when they are given physical form, such as when called as a familiar. They gain sentience, personalities vary, and they tend toward good or neutral alignments but evil is still possible.

Pip would be a spirit. I think you hit it pretty close, I don't think you need to change it. I hope I covered what you were looking for.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:42 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Mrjoegangles - The story looks good, nothing conflicting with the setting. Your sheet seems to be hidden or private.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:10 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2432
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Sounds interesting. Based on the applications listed so far, I'm kind of surprised that I'm the first to think of going with a magus. I'll start work on her later today. Still need to decide upon race.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:12 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristal08Darkmoon View Post
Sounds interesting. Based on the applications listed so far, I'm kind of surprised that I'm the first to think of going with a magus. I'll start work on her later today. Still need to decide upon race.
I was going to go with Magus if my Spellwright was declined, but I'm glad I was able to leave that concept available for others!
Old 06-24-2019, 07:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 572
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infestation View Post
Mrjoegangles - The story looks good, nothing conflicting with the setting. Your sheet seems to be hidden or private.
Should be viewable now
Old 06-24-2019, 07:56 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3223
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
So I was intrigued reading about the Legendary classes and picked up Legendary Fighters. Man, what an awesome revamp. I will definitely go that route.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:53 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 250
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
How do those work? I dinna have the books.