RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-29-2019, 02:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1319
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
Lots going on in this thread. Be sure to remind me when you've started a solo for me. I am not currently subscribed to the game folder (waiting for my customary invite into it pretty much).
Welcome to the actual Game thread, Phettberg! There is a game thread up and waiting for your first post in Learning Curve IC and a thread for announcing your status in Learning Curve OOC. Please check it out! :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinguaManiac View Post
Wait...
But also in that case, let's drop presence to 8 and add those two points to Ego. (And let's do that only if we can add to his ego later on, which is how I'm assuming experience points work here.)
Done! Let me know if it looks good to go, linguaManiac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
Equipment... I don't know what the first one is. Is it a shotgun or something? The glock is fine but I feel Ivan would have something like a 44 revolver instead of a semiautomatic pistol.
Cool! Let me know how it looks now, Runetide! For the record, I am picking off the list in the Hero System Equipment Guide, but it is not AT ALL necessary for you to have that! I do however still need a picture for Ivan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafrogman View Post

I think those tweaks and I should be okay. I'd still like a few points scattered in the other stats. So let's see:

+2 DEX
+2 CON
+5 INT
+2 PRE

-13 (martial arts)

That leaves two points for `scientist` (can't remember that cost, if I'm over we'll revisit). But other than that, yeah, I'm ready to get rolling.
Hi hafrogman! Please look at the character sheet now, and let me know if it meets with your final approval as is! Thanks!
Old 06-29-2019, 03:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4016
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Oh yeah, everything looks good. Sorry, thought I had already given my go ahead.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafrogman View Post
Oh yeah, everything looks good. Sorry, thought I had already given my go ahead.
Yay! Yeah, I try to be somewhat cautious and procedural about the character generation process; i don't want to make assumptions! Thank you for your patience!
Old 06-29-2019, 11:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1080
LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroFan View Post
Done! Let me know if it looks good to go, linguaManiac!
I'd still like to change the "28, 24" to a Winchester 1300, if you're on board, but other than that I think Harry is ready and willing. Let's get this shindig playin'!

I have taken the Oath

Last edited by LinguaManiac; 06-30-2019 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Clarity?
Quote:
I'd still like to change the "28, 24" to a Winchester 1300, if you're on board, but other than that I think Harry is ready and willing. Let's get this shindig playin'!
I can do that! Sorry I missed/forgot to change the shotgun.

When I get to it, I will still ask for your final lookover and approval. Sorry to be tedious, I try to stick to my process.

Last edited by HeroFan; 06-30-2019 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:41 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac
Quote:
Clarity?
Did you mean to send this, because I don't understand the question.

Quote:
I can do that! Sorry I missed/forgot to change the shotgun.

When I get to it, I will still ask for your final lookover and approval. Sorry to be tedious, I try to stick to my process.
No worries. If you can do it in the next hour or so I can look at it tonight (it's tonight for me right now). If not, I'll look over it in the morning. Either way, no worries. Cheers!

I have taken the Oath
Old 06-30-2019, 11:56 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Did you mean to send this, because I don't understand the question.

No worries. If you can do it in the next hour or so I can look at it tonight (it's tonight for me right now). If not, I'll look over it in the morning. Either way, no worries. Cheers!
Oh sorry, dangers of working on the mobile! That was meant to go in the reason for editing field, meaning hopefully the edit brought clarity.

The swap is done to the Winchester!
Old 06-30-2019, 12:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Oh sorry, dangers of working on the mobile! That was meant to go in the reason for editing field, meaning hopefully the edit brought clarity.
Oops...

Quote:
The swap is done to the Winchester!
I... still see the "28, 24", but everything else looks good, so unless you're absolutely sure I have to see the total and complete no-nonsense, no-never-changes sheet, I'm cool with this being my last confirmation.

If you do want another, once I see the Winchester on the sheet, then I both understand that and shall give it in the morning. Cheers.

I have taken the Oath
Old 07-01-2019, 08:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
GM is sick, brief intermission

Quote:
Oops...

I... still see the "28, 24", but everything else looks good, so unless you're absolutely sure I have to see the total and complete no-nonsense, no-never-changes sheet, I'm cool with this being my last confirmation.

If you do want another, once I see the Winchester on the sheet, then I both understand that and shall give it in the morning. Cheers.
Hmm you are absolutely right and that bugs me! Lol!

Srsly I made the swap of shotguns several times and am not seeing the update either. I will delete the character sheet and upload the new one, but not now.

Right now I am feverish and sick and and going to rest, so there will be a brief pause in my posting. Except maybe in tug of war cause there's no thinking required and I am kind of fanatical about team UP! LOL!
Old 07-01-2019, 10:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Feel better!

I have taken the Oath
Old 07-02-2019, 01:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Feel better!
Thank you! I'm feeling a little better, and home recovering today. And I got my laptop to sync with Google drive finally! So the Winchester shows on the character sheet.

I will ask you to confirm on your end, but I'm confident it will show, and will set up a story thread for you! Hooray!
Old 07-02-2019, 02:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I will ask you to confirm on your end, but I'm confident it will show, and will set up a story thread for you! Hooray!
Winchester is there. I will see you in-game.

I have taken the Oath
Old 07-04-2019, 03:37 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 68
Komaru
I'm still mulling over concepts, but figured I should say something: I am not a robot.

What I have so far: An athlete in high school, who also played rpg's (D&D) with her older brother and his friends, and who dabbled in martial arts and live action fantasy combat (worked at the Medieval Times in LA during college, but never skilled enough to be a featured knight on stage - did help as a sparring partner for the real performers).

Got a degree in Ministry, and moved to San Diego to work as an assistant to a youth pastor at a mega-church. It's not a paid position, so she also works at one of the local stables helping take care of the horses of rich folks (she learned how to do that at Medieval Times).

She has no gun skills. But, she has pretty good stats (some good potential). If you are allowing us to have 'Luck', she may need a bit of that to help with survival.

I don't know how or why she has an urgent need for lots of money, yet. She could easily be too poor to afford rent, so sleeps in the stables (either as part of her compensation, or just because she has no-one else to go).

Thoughts?
Old 07-04-2019, 09:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komaru View Post
I'm still mulling over concepts, but figured I should say something: I am not a robot.

What I have so far: An athlete in high school, who also played rpg's (D&D) with her older brother and his friends, and who dabbled in martial arts and live action fantasy combat (worked at the Medieval Times in LA during college, but never skilled enough to be a featured knight on stage - did help as a sparring partner for the real performers).

Got a degree in Ministry, and moved to San Diego to work as an assistant to a youth pastor at a mega-church. It's not a paid position, so she also works at one of the local stables helping take care of the horses of rich folks (she learned how to do that at Medieval Times).

She has no gun skills. But, she has pretty good stats (some good potential). If you are allowing us to have 'Luck', she may need a bit of that to help with survival.

I don't know how or why she has an urgent need for lots of money, yet. She could easily be too poor to afford rent, so sleeps in the stables (either as part of her compensation, or just because she has no-one else to go).

Thoughts?
Welcome! Hmm that is a wide variety of skills and background. Sounds like the ministry angle might be her passion with everything else having been just life skills picked up along the way? If that's accurate, maybe she's passionate about helping people or a ministry organization that helps people that desperately needs money? Homeless outreach would certainly open up a lot of story opportunities. Even just being a youth pastor or worship leader or intern at a church could have possibilities. Or do you see her as having done oversea mission trips? Or maybe working with a non-profit that tries to rescue women out of the sex industry? Just random thoughts for your possible inspiration. Again, welcome!!!

To your specific question, I assume you have some experience with Hero System? Yes in general Levels of Luck and Combat Luck are possible, however I would STRONGLY discourage any levels of Unluck taken as a complication!

Also be aware there is a campaign skill called'Faith' that is based on EGO and costs 3 points and 2 points per additional+1 to the roll which represents a character's ability to rely on their religious beliefs in the face of certain undead to resist their influence. In order to buy the skill the character must take a psychological complication of being a devoted follower of a religion at least STRONG level. That's an EGO roll required to act differently than a follower of the religious beliefs.

Last edited by HeroFan; 07-04-2019 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:55 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 68
Komaru
Yes, I have played Champions and Hero 5th edition, and run 5th edition. And perused 6th edition (I have the pdf rules).

The ministry angle would indeed be the primary focus, with the other stuff merely background. For example, no actual martial arts skills, except maybe a bare minimum familiarity with the whole concept. Familiarity with some medieval weapons that would show up in a show (swords, flails, mace, axe) but no combat levels. Any actual combat ability is going to have to rely in inherent athleticism and reflexes (higher than average OCV/DCV/Speed/running), and good luck or divine intervention (lucky breaks).

Faith skill sounds ideal for her, along with the complication of being an Evangelical/Conservative Christian.

A missions trip in her past, perhaps a summer in Haiti for example, is very credible. If you don't mind, we can just leave that open for you to surprise me with later (if voodoo zombies show up, and she has a flashback to something from a Haiti missions trip - maybe a medallion she found that she innocently brought back, then I'm fine with that. But let's not define her past trip location, so you have maximum flexibility).

Since the game is set in San Diego, how about a ministry that focuses on immigrants - we can be topical to one of the current hot-button news topics. That will tackle multiple issues, including homelessness and sex trafficking. Let's give her some spanish language ability (enough to communicate at least, but not as fluent as a native).

I was thinking of her having skills to care for (and ride) horses, (she learned to ride growing up), as a means to earn a living while engaging in a poorly supported ministry. It would also give her a means to have contacts with the wealthier folks (sometimes those are a different class of monster). But, I'm fine with dropping that - it's not core to the character, and usually the points run out before the ideas for how to spend them.

I'm thinking Charlie (short for Charlotte) Cavanaugh as her name.