RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-02-2019, 12:39 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6274
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Old 07-02-2019, 05:51 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 225
Aoem Aoem Aoem
Arthilian~
Thanks for letting me know about the brighter colors.. I use a black contrast background, i'll be adjusting that, along with a few other things. After that, i'll consider my app complete.
~Aoem
Old 07-03-2019, 02:20 PM
Tactical Penguin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
GOLANI
Expressing interest and working on character
Old 07-03-2019, 05:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8918
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Hey there,Arthilian01!

Did you have a deadline for this?... I'm travelling for the 4th but may want to throw down with you on this one. Looks like fun! (Expressing Interest) I can have a proper app by the end of the weekend or "an app" sooner if need be

- Savoy
Presley Long
Class: Strong/Criminal (See Build Below)
Nationality: U.S.A.
Background: Criminal
Personality traits: I always remain calm, no matter what occurs, and I don’t let my voice or facial expressions give away any tells.
Ideals: I always have a plan if things go wrong.
Bonds: I like to think that there is some good somewhere in everyone.
Flaws: I tend to be merciless when it comes time to right what I perceive to be an injustice.
Appearance and Personality:

When people see a strong man, they assume he is slow. I am not.

I'm not going to be the tallest man in a crowded room, though I'll be nearly so but I can draw the focus with my presence. Clear blue eyes and a well balanced face has got most of my jobs in my life and why shouldn't it? It takes a lot of work to keep in the shape that I am in. That both opens doors and keeps them open. I'm confident in action and don't mind taking charge.

I'll talk when it's necessary and only when I know what I'm talking about. I wish I was smarter. This means I just work harder when thinking is needed over action. When I do speak, I'll know what I'm talking about so, listen.

right-aligned image
These days I work as a man for hire, a bodyguard. Sometimes a bodyguard for rent is treated like a piece of meat. I know what I'm worth so I don't let people cross lines with which I am not comfortable... but you might be surprised what I can be comfortable with - that is for the right price. I have skill sets across many disciplines including access control and retrieval. I've developed a broad set of... well, lets just call them friends. For a fee, I can find most things and acquire some hard to find items for the most discerning clientele.

Backstory: I'd like to blame my parents for my bad choices, even some of them. They are both engineers. My younger brother and sister are both smart people too. They turned out well - a doctor and a lawyer, respectively. My parents moved to China with us when I was still in grade school to be part of a JV company. We loved it there - 成都, a small Chinese city near Tibet of around 12 million people. We were a close family then, we still are today. We repatriated when my younger sister graduated from the International School. I suspect that they moved back to the U.S. because of me, my mistakes, that I made, all on my own.

You see, I really lacked for nothing. I was getting a world class education, everyone knew I was a good looking kid but I was also a bit of a rule-breaker. Maybe rule-bender is a better word for it. It's not that I was a bad person but in the world I grew up in, rules were more like 'guidelines' to be used only if there was a need - usually during a dispute. That's when I discovered and decided to live in the world of 'loopholes' and good friends. If someone didn't know there was a problem, then there wasn't - at least not for me.

And it worked - for awhile.

left-aligned image
When I returned to the States, I didn't last long in college. It just wasn't for me. What was for me - gambling. That turned into debt which turned into a mandatory job to pay off that debt. The organization that I was indebted to partnered me up with some professionals that showed me the ropes. That got me into places that had money, which gave me access to information. After a short time as a trader of intelligence, my skills grew in infiltration and retrieval.

Fast-forward a few years and I had worked my debt off and mostly, I managed to find honest work as hired muscle - this time as a bodyguard. San Fran has been good for me so far, better than LA anyway. It wasn't until someone else noticed my birthmark on my hip that my world started to change. He was after my first acquisition. I had retrieved it several years before - a jade necklace, The Jade Necklace - 秦始皇 的龙 (Qin Shi Huang Da Long). Even when I picked this up in 西安 (Xian), I couldn't give it up to the client so I just kept it. I wasn't going to give it up now. Once we worked that out, the subject of my birthmark had come up. He had seen it before on someone else. From there I managed an introduction that turned into an offer from an organization and a world that I never knew existed - The Order of the Hunters.

My wanderlust was actually given a name and it turned out, I had a legacy that for the first time, made sense.

RP Sample: "I have no problem getting naked" Presley told the group as they pulled up to the pools of Holy Water. "But I'm guessing it's not that kind of bath. You can call me Pres by the way, all my frie...." he was cut off as some unseen hand gave him a push. Presley told himself that the glib, cool persona wasn't going to help here so he just kept his mouth shut and let the Robed guy in charge to do this thing. The ceremony itself wasn't too long compared to much of the training sessions they had so far.

The Tattooing on the other hand seemed to last forever. This tattoo didn't use the modern tattoo gun, it used tapping sticks and nails that looked to Presley more like pikes. "So, I'm sure these were chem-cleaned after the last..." There was that push from behind again. Presley made a mental note that when this thing was all over, he and his 'guide' were going to have a little talk. One on one.

The third ritual was the blood letting. Presley understood the knife and knew exactly how to cut the palm as to not to cause too much of an injury - there would be blood no doubt but the healing would be quick and the use of the hand would be fine. Without talking he walked up to the brazier, sliced diagonally across his palm and then while holding his hand above the coals, he squeezed. Blood poured and sizzled. Presley couldn't help to think about a good steak but in the time he was overseas, most of the Western Sizzlers had gone out of business. Man, they made a great T-bone and it made a sound just like that. Presley forced himself to focus on the ritual before him.

He appreciated not being asked to make a speech or to even talk for that matter. As it turned out, that was for the final ritual.

The litany of what seemed like nonsensical phrases continued, and continued. And then continued some more. It was when the Robes-in-Charge finally spoke of "the hunt" that Presley's heart soared.

Looking around the room, these were the other initiates. These were the other hunters. This was his new family.

Standard Array 15 14 13 10 8 12
Level Source Feature
1 Human Ability Scores each increase by +1
1 Human Speed 30
1 Human Language +Human, +Chinese
1 Strong + 9 HP (MAX)
1 Strong Armor Pro: All
1 Strong Weapon Pro: Simple Melee, personal firearm
1 Strong Pro. Bonus +2
1 Strong Save: STR, DEX
1 Strong +Athletics, +Perception
1 Criminal +Deception, +Stealth
1 Criminal Prof. Thieves Tools, Pro. Dice Game Set
1 Criminal Criminal Contact feature
1 Criminal Wealth 2d4+1
2 Strong Action Surge feature
2 Strong +6 HP
2 Strong Bodyguard Adv. Class feature
3 Strong +6 HP
3 Bodyguard Harm's Way feature
3 Bodyguard Situational Awareness feature
- - Armor and gear to be GM awarded
Final Abilities 16 15 14 11 9 13

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QinShiHuangLong.png
Views:	6
Size:	716.3 KB
ID:	80866   Click image for larger version

Name:	BodyGaurdMode.PNG
Views:	119
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	80867  

Last edited by savoylen; 07-10-2019 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-03-2019, 05:14 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
My Deadline is going to be an attentive 12th, I think.

I would love to have you, Savoy
Old 07-03-2019, 05:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1140
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Old 07-05-2019, 12:09 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
I think this is a completed app... I decided to get this one done and out of my head.

Please let me know if you see anything that needs working. Suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks! Savoy
Old 07-05-2019, 11:53 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics

Old 07-05-2019, 01:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by savoylen; 07-05-2019 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-05-2019, 02:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
A little heads up... I'm going to be traveling (this time in the US) between the 12th and the 20th. I should be able to keep up though if the game starts in that time period. I'll have a phone and a laptop.

But just in case that matters, I'd wanted to be up front about that.

Thanks! Savoy
Old 07-05-2019, 04:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7280
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Since we're all confessing, I will be traveling as well, from 15-23 July. I'll have minimal opportunity to post.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berith View Post
Since we're all confessing, I will be traveling as well, from 15-23 July. I'll have minimal opportunity to post.
LOL, nice.

Where's a Cleric when you need one?
Old 07-06-2019, 06:05 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2448
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin
Rhiannon ready for review
Old 07-07-2019, 03:25 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 225
Aoem Aoem Aoem
Blake.. completed!

Thank you Arthilian!
Old 07-08-2019, 01:09 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5157
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Marking my interest.