RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 06-25-2019, 11:46 AM
Cleaner of the Royal Butt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1291
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
Playerbrew: The Paku Isles

Game NamePlayerbrew: The Paku Isles
Game SystemPathfinder
ThemeA semi-player generated adventure of exploration and piracy
FlavourPirates of the Carribean-esque tropical setting, similar to the very late Age of Exploration
Plot Summary

The Paku Isles is an isolated archipelago in a tropical sea, with a history stretching back millenia, but it was only discovered by the rest of the world a century ago. It was generally seen as a dangerous place that was of little interest to anyone except their most immediate neighbours. The only nation to take any interest was the Kingdom of Olonos, who claimed the islands as their territory. This claim was almost laughable, as the harsh conditions, local population and the sudden influx of pirates made controlling the archipelago basically impossible.

Fifty years later, however, the Paku Isles have caught the attention of the Tanqueax Republic. Having watched their ancient rivals develop a large trading city on the island from the sidelines, they realised that the archipelago had massive potential that they were allowing to fall into the hands of their rivals. The fact that the Tanqueax Republic and the Kingdom of Olonos were supposedly at peace was conveniently ignored as the Tanqueax established their own claims on the island, and made an outpost and, eventually, a camp that they hoped to turn into a city of their own.

None of this is important to Lady Pierra de Callier, the scholarly daughter of a long-standing noble family within the Republic. To her, the Paku Isles are a fascinating new world. A rich tapestry of ancient empires, strange fauna and flora, and rumours of a magical substance similar to gunpowder, unique to the archipelago. With that, she spent almost all of her coin to fund an expedition on the island, to discover what hidden wealth the Paku Isles have. She has no loyalty to the nation itself, but has agreed to give them any information that she finds in exchange for free passage through Camp l'Arais, the six-week old settlement the Republic has set up.

However, the Paku Isles are not welcoming to the people of the Tanqueax Republic. The Kingdom of Olonos has a massive head-start in controlling the island, and many of the nearby local tribes swear loyalty to them. The pirates and bucanneers that the Tanqueax previously hired to pester the Olonos have grown too rich and powerful to control, and especially the Lianhe Pirate League is almost a nation in its own right. Most of all, the locals seem under the bizarre assumption that they own the islands, and many have joined an increasingly powerful Federation of tribes bent on ridding the archipelago of foreigners.

So Lady de Callier has hired a group of adventurers to help her chart out the treacherous island, and to protect Camp l'Arais, with your reward being a generous cut of any valuables the Republic has no need of. She has no political loyalty to the Tanqueax Republic, but perhaps you do. Perhaps you want to see the Tanqueax Republic rise in the Paku Isles, or maybe you want to see them fall. Maybe your motivations are more personal, or perhaps yours is a divine quest. Whatever your quest is, it is yours, and this mission is your first step on that quest.

Playerbrew? What's that?

The world of the Paku Isles is only sort of defined, but only with the big, vague details, i.e. the world map, the feel of the campaign, the technology level and the most major of factions. However, most of the details, I've not worked out at all. So, if the DM isn't working out that stuff, who is?

You guys.

It won't be everything, but I would aim for about 50% plus of the content in this game to be randomised stuff made up by you guys. How it will work is that I will ask the players for an idea for something, then roll a dice to select which idea it is. Below is an example of how it will work;

The players make their way through a jungle, and find an old, abandoned temple. At this point, I'll ask the players to make up a basic idea for a god. Alice suggests an evil jaguar god, Bob suggests a benevolent goddess of fertility, Craig suggests a sun god with no alignment defined, and Danielle can't think of anything so she doesn't submit. Then I roll a d3 and get a 2, so the players go in the temple and find the priestess of McNiceFertileGoddess, who has a quest for them.

As I said, not everything will be done like this, otherwise it would take forever, and I'll always extrapolate and add extra detail to an idea, but Playerbrew gives players a hand in crafting the world that they're going to be in. There will also be some randomised playerbrew encounters which will be done in a similar way as above.

Game InformationParty Size: 4-5
Starting Level: 1
Stats: 20 Point Buy
HP: Max HP at 1st, roll for every level afterward.
Gold: Average Starting Wealth for your class

The Paku Isles

Larger picture can be found here -> https://i.imgur.com/grZ4zJE.jpg

The Paku Isles are a large archipelago of tropical islands. The game starts at Camp l'Arais, in the north west of the map. The climate and terrain varies from island to island, with dense jungle, arid deserts, snowy mountain peaks and thick bogs all mashed together. There are hundreds of local tribes, gangs of pirates and invading foreign powers trying to take control of their part of the island, though there are four major powers.

The Tanqueax Republic are the foreign power that the party will (initially, anyway) be in the employ of. They've come to the island very recently, and want to know more about the island. They're the main rival of the Kingdom of Olonos, who fifty years ago started building the massive City de Puentes. While the two superpowers are supposedly at peace, both look to gain any advantage over the other to ensure victory in what seems like an inevitable war. They often hire pirates and corsairs to do their fighting for them without causing an international incident. While there are several pirates with differing allegiances and even fleets led by pirate admirals, the strongest pirate establishment is the Lianhe Pirate League. They're the closest thing the island has to a Thieves Guild, and are strong enough to own an island and several ports of their own. To all of these, the tribes of the Paku Isles have differing opinions. Some ally and trade with the foreigners, some ignore them, and some are hostile. Many of the tribes have joined, or are forced into, the growing Po'ka e'Noh Federation which looks to at long last unite the islands under a single ruler.

House Rules

We'll be using the Elephant in the Room Feat Alterations, as can be read here -> http://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/

We'll also be using Background Skills, which can be read here -> https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/background-skills/

Another big thing in this game will be Pakoon Exotic Food. Basically, with certain exotic ingredients from the tropical archipelago, you can make a Profession check to discover and a Craft check make what is called Speciality Food. This food will provide a temporary boon to anyone who eats it or even heal HP; the better the roll, the stronger the effects are and the longer they last.

Technology Level and Firearms

This is set roughly analogous to Earth's very late Age of Exploration. No Advanced Firearms are available, but Early Firearms are treat as Commonplace. They are classed as Martial Weapons instead of Exotic Weapons, and cost 25% of what is listed in the SRD. The campaign setting is highly inspired by (of all things) the Pirates of the Carribean movies, so take that into account.

Lady Pierra De Callier

By no means a typical sight in the human-dominated courts of the Tanqueax Republic, Pierra is the eldest daughter of Duke Demos De Callier, the only child of his first wife. Her mother died when she was very young, and the Duke's second wife ensured that it was her children that were named as heirs to Duke Demos and not the half orc. At first, this suited Pierra herself. Her love lies in academics, not statescraft. Her father became a key senator in the Republic, especially handling foreign affairs, and it is through him that she discovered the Paku Isles. For reasons only known to herself, the island fascinated her, and now she has blown most of her allowance on an expedition to the dangerous but fascinating isles. She is a remarkably un-orcish half-orc, nerdy, socially awkward and introverted, but there is a bit of the orc fire in her determination and confidence. She is very secretive about her exact reasons for wanting to go to the Paku Isles.

Character Application TemplateName: Exactly what it says on the tin.

Alignment: Any non-Evil alignment is allowed

Class: All Core, Base, Alternate and Hybrid Classes are allowed and I'm also willing to consider Path of War and Psionics.

Race: Core or Featured. I'm willing to consider other races.

Traits: 1, or 2 and a drawback. I'm willing to consider Campaign Traits, but they have to be sensible and fit in with the Paku Isles. So if you wanted to take the "Finding Haleen" trait from Legacy of Fire, that would make no sense.

Reason for Hire: This is why you are in The Paku Isles, and more specifically why Lady de Callier has hired you for her expedition. Pick one of the Reasons from the spoiler button below. Each has an additional benefit and you can only have one, so choose wisely.

Description: Either a picture or, if one is not available, a text description of your character's appearance.

Personality: This is a large factor into whether or not your character will be accepted. Try to make this at least three paragraphs long, just so I can get a decent grasp on who your character is. The more intriguing the character, the better.

History: This is your character's history. The world has been left very open for you to run rampant, and you can improvise what you like. Try to make this at least two paragraphs long.

Unique Goal: This is something that your character wants to achieve separate from their mission with Lady de Callier, and the reason they're an adventurer. It can be as elaborate or simple and cliche as possible. It can be searching for your parent's murderer, or looking for a cure to some disease, or anything else. An item connected to your goal is very handy, like a hairpin you found on your dead wife's body or a tome of an ancient wizard who must be laid to rest. Avoid just "my character is looking to make their fortune." If your character wants money or power, have a specific thing your character wants the money or power for, like the ransom for your family or you're looking to buy back your rightful place as leader of a city state.

Three Trivia Tidbits (optional): This is completely optional, but to get you thinking about your character, I'd ideally want a list of three (or more) quirky, weird bits of trivia about your character. Just odd details to make them more fleshed out. "My bard is secretly afraid of snakes" or "My barbarian's first memory is of a lullaby sung by their dad" are good examples.

APPLICATION DEADLINE: 8th July, 00:00 GMT+1 {subject to change}

ApplicantsAs a note, I won't be marking any applications as "Complete" until I'm told that they are complete.

Player Character Alignment Race Class Reason for Hire Status
Krow Nest Grelynn Neutral Good Taninim Draconic Exemplar Sponsor Complete
Kyramor Placeholder Alignment Race Class Reason for Hire Incomplete
Phern Placeholder Alignment Race Class Reason for Hire Incomplete
Runetide Silva Zanblanc Chaotic Good Catfolk Unchained Rogue Prisoner Complete
Mrjoegangles Bru Hammerdin True Neutral Dwarf White-haired Witch Corsair Complete
DrowNinjaPrincess Phoebe Chaotic Good Pixie Pacifist Nature Sorcerer Local Guide Complete
Raceswild Drakkus Lawful Neutral Kitsune Swashbuckler Spy Incomplete
Sirviantis Volen Razyrus Chaotic Neutral Tiefling (Qlippoth-Spawn) Druid Reason for Hire Complete
taleteller50 Cookie Chaotic Neutral Goblin Witch Settler Complete
MurderInParidise Ayiesha Olesia Nadera-Janin Neutral Good Sylph Shaman Prisoner Complete
MundayKnight Sslak Lawful Good Kobold Gunslinger Prisoner Incomplete
DrowNinjaPrincess Phillipe Swifte Lawful Neutral Human Aquachymist Scholar IT WORKS UNDERWATER
DoubleL1987 Lexaleaus “Lex” Lindstrom Neutral Good Tiefling Alchemist (Trap Breaker) Scholar Complete
Vaerdis Maroo Chaotic Good Undine (Mistsoul) Oozemorph Shifter Prisoner Complete
OneDarkness Lucius Viridio Neutral Good Half Orc Bard (Archaeologist) Servant Complete
Exhibit A Kieran Tandor True Neutral Kitsune Sorcerer Spy Complete
ImperialProphet Dabrius Carpenter Lawful Neutral Human Sorcerer Soulknife Incomplete
Fyre2387 Sindi Poko Chaotic Neutral Gnome Bard (Duettist) Corsair Complete

Last edited by Lentil Sponge; 07-07-2019 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:55 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1541
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
With permission from Lentil!

Application
right-aligned image
Name: Grelynn

Alignment: Neutral Good

Class: Draconic Exemplar

Race: Taninim

Traits:
  • Draconic Destiny - When dying, you gain a +2 trait bonus on Constitution checks to become stable. In addition, you die from hit point loss only once your hit points equal or exceed a negative amount equal to your Constitution score + 2.
  • Vengeful - Whenever you strike the last creature that damaged you in the past 24 hours, you gain a +1 trait bonus on damage rolls against that creature.

Drawback:
  • Vain - Whenever you fail an opposed Charisma-based check, you take a –2 penalty on all Charisma-based checks for the next 24 hours.

Reason for Hire: Sponsor - Using whatever treasures and jewelry that went down the river with her, Grelynn had sold them to get herself money. The shop she sold them too told her that one of the pieces, one she didn't seem to have noticed at first, was a Pakoon amulet. Her family never had it before... She knew it had to be from that man that cursed her. After selling the load, she walked out with so many platinum pieces, she actually didn't know what to do with it. She heard that an expedition to Paku was being funded and got a great idea. She dropped off a paper saying that Princess Grelynn of Scainia would fund the expedition, along with enough Platinum Pieces to pay for everything needed, as long as she could accompany the expedition team.

Personality: Grelynn was a gorgeous young woman, according to the citizens of Scainia, and she keeps that with her, believing it to be true. While still stuck as a dragon, she still tries to act all regal and such, believing that she should still be treated with respect as she does have royal blood in her. A body like this shouldn't make others treat her lesser than her past form. She is intensely offended when someone insults her, especially her new look, as she may become hostile or even fall to tears.

While this is the case, Grelynn does still care for others. She respects those that are good in her eyes or that treat her well. She believes that any person who is good deserves to live and be given respect, which is why she is saddened by war on innocent nations. If a person shows only evil intent, she will not trust them ever, even becoming hostile. Anyone evil should not be trusted, and they should get that too.

Since becoming a dragon, Grelynn had picked up some strange habits, which are usually her old ones mixing weirdly with her new body. These include like trying to use utensils with her claw/paw hands, trying not to shake herself dry after a bath, or even forgetting that she can't really wear clothing. She tries to break some of these habits but with the sudden body change, old habits die hard.

History: The kingdom of Scainia; a home for Elves and Half-Elves. A land of crystal, the forest, and magic. Grelynn was born as one of the daughters of the king, being born the third youngest. The kingdom seemed very peaceful, until they were invaded by a mysterious army, one that laid waste to the city. Grelynn's family were struck down by the army and the young Elf thought she had gotten away, trying to use a secret passage to escape, but a mage from the army was waiting. From the looks of his outfit, he may have been the one in charge of leading the army. Before she could attempt to flee, the man casted a spell on her to try to transform her into a lizard so she'd be easier to kill. Out of his knowledge, she had an amulet from her mother that was to protect her from magic. Since the spell was so strong, it instead altered the effect.

Grelynn was turned into a tiny dragon and before the mage was able to try to kill her, part of the castle, which was being destroyed by the army, fell and gave her an opportunity to try to run. The ex-elf somehow found her way into a river and was swept away, far from her now destroyed home...

When she woke up, Grelynn was in the wilderness, now as a tiny crystal dragon. When she got to a town, she stayed hidden, as she didn't know what people would think. She did catch ear though of the news that Scainia had fallen and this caused the tiny dragoness to shed many tears that night. She, under the moon, swore to find the man that turned her into a dragon and to get turned back into her Elf-self

Unique Goal: Grelynn's goal must be obvious: Find the person who ruined her life and turned her into a tiny dragon. She just wants her old body back. Even though her home is gone, she could always find a way to live on, just as long as she can be an Elf again...

Three Trivia Tidbits (optional):
  • Grelynn is very afraid of spiders
  • Even though she seems to look like an animal/dragon, she insists on doing her hair when she wakes up in the morning
  • Greylnn enjoys Bard stories very much, ever since she was a child.

Last edited by Krow Nest; 06-25-2019 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:05 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1359
Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor
WIP - Rethinking, since now that I look at it, my concept had a lot of overlap with other potentials. I'll be back with something more martial. :3

Last edited by Kyramor; 06-25-2019 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:10 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Phern
Placeholder for interest!
Old 06-25-2019, 12:52 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 836
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Hey interesting! I'll throw my hat in. Just gonna take a bit to figure out what I would like to try playing.

Application
left-aligned image
Name: Silva Zanblanc (Zan-blah-nk)

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Class: Unchained Rogue (Guerilla)

Race: Catfolk

Traits: Canopy Prowler, Jungle Walker, Bitter (Drawback)

Reason for Hire: Criminal, convicted of bombing a noble's manor.

Description: Image on the left!

Personality: If any of his neighbors had been asked about Silva Zanblanc, they'd say he was a somewhat soft spoken, charming sort of person who had a fairly upbeat sense of humor. He was always kind to children and treated everyone in his community with respect. This, of course, is just the tip of the iceberg. He's quite social and enjoys spending time with others, but there's times where he just wants to find somewhere high up and brood.

Silva Zanblanc never believed in rules that stifled and oppressed people, and especially so the ones aiming at the Catfolk. He will break them when they're only in place to make things more difficult than they need be, but he generally wouldn't commit senseless murder. Silva wouldn't do anything to hurt children, and would go to great lengths to protect them from harm. These behaviors have come back to punish him, as they say "No good deed goes unpunished". Being imprisoned made him question the way he used to do things.

After his release, he's struggled with whether or not his actions really made a difference or not. He accomplished what he set out to, but was unable to follow up when he promised he would. When under stress, Silva kneads his aching hands and pops his knuckles. He's accepted his current fate and is dedicated to making his new life in the new place.

History: His story is one of a person who struggled against the abuses of the privileged. Living in a low-income section of town, Silva had been used to roughing it. Stealing and lying was just a part of life, where if you weren't quick-witted, you weren't going to eat. Or end up in jail. He'd lived in the city for a few years before he noticed the gradual disappearance of Catfolk children. One vanished here, another over there a few days later. Curious, concerned, and courageous enough to look into it, Silva stalked the rooftops until he observed a human man kidnap a child right below him. Silva followed the man and discovered he was the servant of a noble.

This noble had a secret basement where he kept non-human children captive to sate his desire to inflict pain on others. Disgusted, Silva snuck into the manor, released the children, and set a trap using the noble's own supplies. When the noble rushed downstairs to find out what happened, boom. Admittedly, Silva had only a faint idea of how to rig something to explode so he used more than he needed, and he did not know about the alchemical laboratory on the first floor above the torture chamber, so when the bomb went off it... destroyed almost the entire manor in the process. One of the noble's servants survived and gave his description to the guard. It was not hard to find him; he hadn't even tried hiding.

They took him, put him in chains, and even smashed his hands with a hammer so he wouldn't be able to escape. It's taken a very long time for them to heal, and in that time he went without trial. While he stewed in jail, Lady de Callier had heard about his exploits and had some strings pulled.

Unique Goal: Silva Zanblanc wishes to secure a place where he could build a community for Catfolk. He has a memento from the children he rescued: a little ragdoll catfolk he keeps tied to his waist by a few loops of twine. Compared to the ones he's made recently it is junk, but it's the only one he takes with him everywhere.

Three Trivia Tidbits (optional):
  • Silva actually can purr, but won't do it willingly.
  • He actually learned how to knit while in prison. He crochets little dolls.
  • His parents owned a mine far away from the city, but Silva wasn't very interested in mining so he left home at 15 to join an acting troupe. He wasn't cut out for the life on the road.

Last edited by Runetide; 06-26-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:45 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 269
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
A few questions:

A) Is it okay to play a native who strongly opposes colonial occupation? I ask because that would probably bring them into conflict with other PCs.

B) Is the Elan race allowed? I like the idea of the natives having such a potent secret. Some of their knowledge might be more advanced than that of so-called 'civilised' folk.

C) Will you allow PCs to take average HP instead of rolling?

Last edited by Kaiya; 06-25-2019 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:06 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
A) Well, while I tolerate a bit of inner party conflict, the rule with me is usually is that the group sticks together, at least when the chips are down. That being said, you could always do a native from an anti-colonial tribe whose job isn't to sabotage the colonial efforts directly, but just to keep an eye on them and make sure they don't do too much damage. Maybe you end up deciding that the foreigners aren't so bad, or maybe they're not as bad as some genuinely evil invaders, but really as long as you're not stabbing the other party members in their sleep, you're fine to go that route. Hell, depending on how the campaign goes, they may end up betraying the Tanqueax Republic anyway.

B) I'm not against the elan race. I don't want the mindless robotic stereotype of the elan, because I've had that guy in a game before and it was not good, but having a secret Elan society does fit in with the mysterious nature of the natives in this game.

C) No, I'd prefer you roll for your HP.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 572
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Brü
right-aligned image
Brü Hammerdin

Alignment: Neutral
Class: White Haired Witch
Race: Dwarf
Traits:Artist of Battle in All Forms
Drawback: Superstitious
Reason for Hire: Corsair (Not that I’m a fan of pillaging and plundering, but it’s hard to find an honest boat willin to hire on a Dwarf.)
Description: Short, Stocky, Inebriated. His most defining feature is the luxurious golden beard down past his knees, streaks of pure white highlight the lustrous sheen of its coat. Occasionally a keen eyed observer will see a small crab burrowed deep within the beard, popping out only for the occasional drink, or scratch under it’s “chin” by Brü.
Personality: Brü is the fun loving sort of Dwarf who is only happy when he is drowning in ale or engaged in a friendly bout between rounds. When drunk he tends to rant about the two great loves of his life: a finely made Dwarven ale, and the Sea. Loud and boisterous, Brü has a tendency to rub people the wrong way at first, especially if first impressions are made when Brü is drunk. Those who take time to know him however will soon realize that this stumbling lout is actually a very intelligent and thoughtful ally, someone who holds great store in the bonds he has forged over the years and willing to fight to protect those he loves.
A lover of Ale (i.e. Dwarf) Brü spends an equal amount of free time drinking and brewing, always looking for the secret ingredients that will turn his family’s recipe from great to legendary. Unlike most Dwarves Brü has no great love for cramped underground caverns and tunnels, preferring open sky and fresh air, and preferably the sting of sea salt in his nostrils.
The sea has always called to him and he has always been called to the sea. A fan of brawling Brü thinks of the sea as the ultimate grappler: Strong, yet malleable, it surrounds and engulfs, allowing its opponent to tire out before dragging them down to the briny depths. His connection to the sea is mutual, as the Sea is his Patron, imbuing the Dwarf with it’s strength and gifting him with Cat, the small King Crab that is lovingly kept safe in his beard.
History: Brü was never a normal Dwarf. The son of famed blacksmiths, and keepers of a family recipe of a fine Dwarven Ale, Brü has the upbringing and the pedigree to accomplish any goal in Dwarven society, but for the augury cast upon his birth. The priest warned that an entity had a hold on this boy, a powerful force that flowed deep within his veins, and his destiny would take him away from the Dwarven Lands down under m. As the boy grew, in his soul, he could feel the calling, like a cord around his heart, beckoning him towards something he had never seen or heard of. This hidden desire haunted him, a weight upon his back as he toiled away underground, trying to be a good Dwarf.
It wasn’t until Brü reached 40, a young adult, his whiskers somehow already down to the ground that the prophecy of his exile came to pass. Drinking in his families pub, the young Dwarf was barely halfway through the first fight of the night when he learned of Harvey. It’s hard to tell who was more surprised, Brü or the nameless Dwarf who swung that chair at his. Both were clearly shocked when Brü’s beard caught the chair, splinters flying as several legs shattered on the rock hard hair follicles. Though Brü was clearly panicking less when the luxurious mane of chin whiskers wrapped around the other Dwarve’s throat and threw him over the bar.
20 Dwarves participated in the melee that followed, only Brü walked out, leaning heavily on the “arm” of Harvey, his new companion, and possibly best friend. While sad to leave everything he knew, and sorry that he would never see his family again, Brü understood that he had to go. Every Dwarf loves their beard, but it was unnatural for a beard to love you back, and while Dwarves had historically added spikes and weights to their beards to use them in combat, Dwarf beards do NOT fight on their own accord. So with a heavy heart, and his family’s recipes in his pocket, Brü was finally free to follow his heart, and the call to something unknown.
The journey was unfortunately anything but easy. Shipwrecks, calms that leave his ships dead at sea, pirates. Added in with his surely attitude and tendency to drink all the ale and soon it was hard for the young Witch to get steady work at sea. After a couple memorable stints as a Corsair, Brü eventually settled on the Paku Islands realizing a life near his Patron was preferable to life on her. Though to realize his goal of opening a brewery and perfecting his family’s Ale sometimes the resourceful brawler will seek work on the mainland, and heaven forbid back at sea.
Unique Goal: Minor: Perfect his family’s Ale, bring honor and pride back after the disgrace he caused.
Major: Uncover the reason and truth about Harvey, not to get rid of him, but to better understand him and hopefully himself.
Three Trivia: 1) Brü is bonded to the sea, it is his Patron, and it’s strength flows within him, however Brü still gets seasick occasionally and doesn’t mind just living next to the sea.
2) Every morning when communing with his Patron Bru slips a little bit of seawater or salt into his morning ale. Partly as a benediction to the force of nature that calls to him, partly to cut the taste of the horrible swill found on Corsair boats.
3) Brü believes it’s impossible to trust someone fully until you fight with or against them, and so regularly offers people he meets a chance to get to know him better in a wrestling ring.

Last edited by Mrjoegangles; 06-26-2019 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:18 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 269
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentil Sponge View Post
C) No, I'd prefer you roll for your HP.
Ah, okay. That's a deal breaker for me. I see HD as a class feature: Like Base Attack Bonus. The party Barbarian is guaranteed to have more BaB than the party Wizard. They don't just have better odds on their 'BaB gain roll'. Likewise, I think that the Barbarian should be guaranteed more base HP than the Wizard. It's part of their class.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:25 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiya View Post
Ah, okay. That's a deal breaker for me. I see HD as a class feature: Like Base Attack Bonus. The party Barbarian is guaranteed to have more BaB than the party Wizard. They don't just have better odds on their 'BaB gain roll'. Likewise, I think that the Barbarian should be guaranteed more base HP than the Wizard. It's part of their class.
Sorry to hear that, but yeah, I prefer the slightly more random element to it. I know it's not 'balanced' per say, but I wasn't that far away from saying that the stats would be 3d6. If I thought people would go for it, I would've. That's just me, though, and I know it's not for everyone.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:32 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 316
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Heya Lentil! Nice to see you again.

Speaking of locals and such, do you think I could play a pixie? I know the LA is up there, but the way I'd plan on making and playing her is pretty useless for combat, and she mostly helps outside combat, foraging, acting as a guide or providing some information, etc. She's basically a friendly woodland creature with no items, tagging along with the "real" party.

As a native to the islands, however, she would have reasons to help the party. For one, she thinks the Kingdom of Olonos are worse and the pirates are mean, having captured and killed many of her friends already, and she'd love to help these other outsiders, provided they are friendly in return, don't destroy the island, and can help drive away the bad guys.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:07 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 836
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Updated!
Old 06-26-2019, 06:42 AM

Tools
User Statistics
@ Runetide - I'll add you as complete. The only thing you need to change is that if you want to keep both traits, you'll have to add a drawback as well. Alternatively, you'll have to drop one of the traits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrowNinjaPrincess View Post
Heya Lentil! Nice to see you again.

Speaking of locals and such, do you think I could play a pixie? I know the LA is up there, but the way I'd plan on making and playing her is pretty useless for combat, and she mostly helps outside combat, foraging, acting as a guide or providing some information, etc. She's basically a friendly woodland creature with no items, tagging along with the "real" party.

As a native to the islands, however, she would have reasons to help the party. For one, she thinks the Kingdom of Olonos are worse and the pirates are mean, having captured and killed many of her friends already, and she'd love to help these other outsiders, provided they are friendly in return, don't destroy the island, and can help drive away the bad guys.
Howdy Drowdy

The only difficult thing with pixies at the moment is finding a 3rd party pixie whose RP isn't completely silly. This is the best one that I found though if you have other sources or ideas then feel free to PM me them. 100% you can play a pixie, though, I like the RP and the idea of a non-combat specific role.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:09 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 609
Ahab Ahab Ahab Ahab Ahab Ahab
Pirate campaigns are my specialty when I run! Always sad I never get to play in them. Very, very interested. You'll have a Bard soon.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:31 AM
Let's "snuggle"

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29583
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
What posting rate are you hoping for?

I've been wanting to play a soulknife for a while now, and given the option, would probably take the gifted blade archetype. Thoughts?