RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 07-04-2019, 06:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12416
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
He could have been married to charismatic half-orc easily enough one with fairly diluted blood so to be almost unnoticeable while his daughter was of a throwback
Old 07-05-2019, 04:12 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4707
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Whew, kind of done with, probably is the most humorous form of front line character out there. I look forward to creatively pantomiming speech in a way that will make italians jealous.

Last edited by Vaerdis; 07-05-2019 at 04:27 AM.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:54 AM
Always The Kawaii Addict

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9062
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
Application's completed, Lentil
"Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." - Stephen Colbert
Old 07-05-2019, 02:41 PM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5496
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
I've got the bulk of this done, should have it finished tomorrow.

Kieran Tandor
left-aligned image

Name: Kieran Tandor

Alignment: N

Class: Sorcerer (Psychic Bloodline)

Race: Kitsune

Traits: Focused Mind, Among Humans, Paranoid (drawback)

Reason for Hire: Spy

Personality:

Deception is a way of life for Kieran, and more than that; it is an art form. Whether it is through magical illusions, shapeshifting disguises, or simple lies, he takes the same pride in crafting falsehoods that a painter takes in creating a masterpiece portrait. This naturally colors his interactions with others. He tends to view every conversation as a game or contest, always trying to get the better of the other person, while simultaneously seeking to uncover anything they are hiding from him. Trust does not come easily to Kieran, as one would expect from a spy, and he expects deception from those around him much as he offers it.

Kieran considers himself a patriot… to an extent. He bears a certain amount of loyalty to Olonos, as it is his home. The government of Olonos, however, only commands his loyalty due to being his current employer. He serves gladly in the capacity expected of him, but is aware that the desires of the government and his own may not always align. He views the war looming on the horizon as an unnecessary waste of men and resources, not to mention bad for business. He has, in the past, taken certain “of the record” actions, not strictly ordered by his handlers, in order to nudge the nations away from open hostility, and is more than willing to do so again.

When you wear as many different faces as Kieran (and for him that is quite literal), it can be difficult to keep track of your true self. At times Kieran gets so caught up in one ploy or another, he nearly loses track of which identity is truly him. He’s learned to compartmentalize; anything not necessary for his immediate task or goal is put aside, not forgotten, but temporarily ignored so that he can focus fully on the task at hand. This keeps him from being overwhelmed, and has the added benefit of keeping him “in-character,” as he has trained himself to think like whatever role he is playing at the time. When he is acting as a merchant, he thinks in terms of profit and costs, when he reports to his superiors he is a loyal agent of the crown, and so on. It is a valuable skill for a spy, but at times it can be confusing, even disorienting, for Kieran, if he has to quickly jump from one identity to another.

History:

Born the third child of a successful merchant, Kieran grew up in the family business but never had much interest in taking it on himself. His older brother and sister, a pair of twins, were due to inherit, anyway, and there was little room in the company for three heads. Besides which, it was clear from an early age he was meant for more. Not only were his natural kitsune shapeshifting abilities more developed than most, but he had certain unusual mental abilities, which, according to his father, were inherited from his mother. He had never truly known his mother, as she died of illness soon after he was born. Even the twins, who are a few years older, barely remember her. Their father didn’t know a great deal about her past, only that she had emigrated from the Paku Isles. She apparently had not liked to talk about her past.

When he came of age, Kieran wasn’t entirely sure what to do with himself. Becoming a simple merchant seemed a waste of his abilities, but what else was he to do? There simply weren’t a lot of opportunities to make good use of his unique talents. So, he got a clerical position with a sizable mercantile firm, a temporary measure until he found something better. Which, as it happened, was not too far off.

Kieran’s abilities had never been a secret; in fact, he took pride in the unique inheritance he possessed from his mother. There were naturally going to be those interested in making use of those abilities. Not long into his merchant career, he was approached by agents of the crown. They offered the young kitsune a chance to put his unique talents to use, and serve his kingdom at the same time. He, of course, jumped at the chance, and was carted off, in secret, to a training facility for spies. He found he had a natural ability for spycraft, as well as a passion for it. The training was difficult, but he relished the challenge and mastered it well. It wasn’t long before his instructors certified him and he was sent into the field. His merchant background was the perfect cover; it gave him legitimate reason to travel as well as access to certain sources of information on current events. He visited several nations, but most of his work was centered in The Tanqueax Republic, chief rival of Olonos. He passed on what information he gathered, as well as occasionally performing specific missions assigned by handlers.

The expedition to The Paku Isles offered a stellar opportunity for Kieran. Given their claims on the archipelago, they were obviously interested in what Tanqueax was doing there; and he himself was interested, for personal reasons. Kieran managed to get himself hired on to the expedition in his guise as a merchant, ostensibly investigating potential trading opportunities in the isles. He isn’t sure exactly what will be expected of him long-term, but he does know that if war is coming, the Paku Isles could very well be at the center of it. Whether he would be in a position to stop said war was another question altogether.

Unique Goal: Besides protecting his homeland from a prolonged war, Kieran’s major goal in the isles is to find any information related to his mother. He knew she came from the region, but nothing else. He plans to keep a sharp ear out for any clues that might shed light on her past, and his inherited psychic abilities.

Three Trivia Tidbits:
  • Like all kitsune, Kieran has his own human form, but he rarely uses it, preferring his natural kitsune form. When he does appear as a human, it is more likely to be an imitation of someone else.
  • He wears a carved stone medallion that belonged to his mother, it’s all he has of hers.
  • He has a tendency to hum to himself when he’s concentrating.

Last edited by Exhibit A; 07-06-2019 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12416
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
I think I am good with Lucius being marked as complete unless I have missed something you want.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:22 PM
Cleaner of the Royal Butt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1291
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
Only got the weekend to go, people. Is there anyone not marked as complete who should be?
Old 07-05-2019, 05:18 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 105
ImperialProphet ImperialProphet
Normally I wouldn't apply for a game that doesn't explicitly allow Spheres of Power or Might; but color me interested.

ApplicationSheet
Name: Dabrius Carpenter

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Class: Augmented Gifted Blade Soulknife 1

Race: Human

Traits: Charming Smile, Cunning Soul (Social, Exemplar) You know how to guilefully weave words, sway hearts and minds, verbally destroy rivals, and pierce cunning lies. You gain a +1 trait bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, and Sense Motive checks. This bonus increases by 1 for every two other social traits you have.
Xenophobic (Drawback) You have a hard time understanding and trusting those with unfamiliar ways and appearances. You take a –2 penalty on Diplomacy and Sense Motive checks made against creatures of a different race or from a different culture.

Reason for Hire: Sponsor

Description:
A man standing 6'2" and weighing 130 pounds, ostensibly human save for the fact that his eyes, skin, and even hair shine with psionic energy.

Personality: Dabrius serves the de Callier expedition with calculated precision and cold indifference, delivering his expertise not because he wants to, but because his superiors have commanded him to. His response to conflict is swift and decisive, attempting diplomacy and understanding first but just as quick to turn to explosive violence provided the diplomatic route fails. The brown-haired man is apathetic at first blush, but extended interaction reveals someone capable of depthless melancholy, untouchable jubilation, and unfettered wrath, just as quick to ebb as they are to come on.

A pessimist at heart, Dabrius is capable of trust; and even hope alongside the hopeful who have proven to be trustworthy. His methods can range from industrious and responsible to deceitful and manipulative, as long as it accomplishes the goals of his superiors. Typically controlled and well thought out, Dabrius can be rash after exhausting his plans. This need for plans could create the illusion of timidity, but in reality he's more paranoid and vigilant. He's both narrow-minded and cantankerous, but anyone who has to deal with him for an extended length of time soon discovers a candid philosopher.

Faith is an important aspect of Dabrius's life, but far from the most significant. Those who share more than a casual acquaintance understand the man is an orthodox disciple of some cult, tolerant of other faiths and occasionally humbly expressing his own. Expect casual conversion attempts.

History: WIP

Unique Goal: Dabrius's ultimate goal is to restore peace to the Paku Islands by brokering peace between the four major powers.

Three Trivia Tidbits:
1: Constantly cracks his knuckles under stress.
2: Flayleaf smoker, uses a churchwarden pipe.
3: Suffers from Amusia

Last edited by ImperialProphet; 07-05-2019 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-05-2019, 05:23 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Quote:
Originally Posted by taleteller50 View Post
Tempting but as Runetide said Gobta's a low key badass too. That's some big shoes to fill and I don't know if Cookie is up for it.
The adventures of Gumbo and Gobta, legendary.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:14 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4600
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Only if the young Miss sees fit to choose us my dear slime but if she does; Tres bien Magnifique indeed.

Last edited by taleteller50; 07-05-2019 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:36 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 316
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Hm. Wow I didn't even see the background reason of sponsor. That would have been even better for Phillipe. (even though it wasn't serious).

I just wonder if the 900 gp trait and 2x gold from the sponsor would multiply.....

NOW THAT'S A LOT OF CASHAGE.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:25 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
Ah ****, didn't think of that... umm, if IF... IF you went for that, sponsor would only double your average starting gold, not your total. So if you had a paladin with the rich parents trait and the sponsor reason, you would get {175*2}+900 gp, so a total of 1250gp
Old 07-06-2019, 02:38 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
I thought sponsor changed the starting amount to 900 gp?

Last edited by Vaerdis; 07-06-2019 at 02:38 AM.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:43 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 316
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Yeah I'd definitely say double starting gold doesn't seem to work very well, even for paladin which is supposedly the richest starter. By far the biggest factor is the trait.

Maybe you should just go for like a flat +400 or +500?
Old 07-06-2019, 05:04 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Damn it, Peer Pressure!

I'll change it to +300, because you are also getting Diplomacy bonus + class skill, which is already pretty dope. I also slightly changed the Settler reason as well, just for a little bit more of a bonus than getting a class skill all but one class already has.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:26 PM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5496
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
My app is complete.