RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 07-07-2019, 12:18 PM
Cleaner of the Royal Butt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1291
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
Y'all only got just less than seven hours to finish your characters! Anyone who isn't Complete won't be eligible, so if you're complete and I've not marked you then let me know.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:08 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4600
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Good Luck Everyone
Old 07-07-2019, 04:13 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 316
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Good luck! And don't kill the game or you will be cursed to wander the earth as an undead forever!

Old 07-07-2019, 04:50 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3559
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Best of luck everyone! Lentil Sponge, I've completed Volen (and gotten some new insights on making personality sections).
Old 07-07-2019, 05:02 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4707
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Good luck all, may the best ooze win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrowNinjaPrincess View Post
Good luck! And don't kill the game or you will be cursed to wander the earth as an undead forever!
My last pirate character has the precise goal, so is that a bad thing?
Old 07-07-2019, 06:31 PM
Skulblaka-vodhr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1556
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
Who's that showing up at the last minute? Oh, its a Gnome singing sea shanties with a parrot! That's so obvious, how did we miss it? (App is complete.)

Sindi Poko
right-aligned image

Name: Sindi Poko

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Class: Bard (Duettist)

Race: Gnome

Traits: Savant (Sing), Reactionary, Helpless (Drawback)

Reason for Hire: Corsair

Personality: Since she was a child, Sindi was obsessed with the sea and the people who live and work on it. The sea represented a kind of freedom she’d never known, whether as a small child in an overcrowded house in Olonos or young woman in a mansion in City de Puentes. Her freedom is something she’s come to treasure above everything else, and she’ll strongly resist any attempt to curtail or restrict it.

Calling her evil would be unfair, but life as a corsair doesn’t allow for the strictest of moral codes. She knows some of what she does hurts innocents, and while she doesn’t do anything to increase that hurt, neither does she do much to minimize it. Life to Sindi is a simple calculus: some succeed and some fail, and it’s much better to be part of the former group.

Among others, Sindi is gregarious, outgoing, and even a little flirtatious. She loves a good song, and knows a seemingly endless supply of shanties to entertain her friends and crewmates. In truth, though, much of that is a mask for insecurities. Her whole life, it seems, is something like a ship with a broken rudder, being forced by winds and currents to some place she can’t see. She never really knows what the future holds, and instead tries to make the best out of every moment.

History: Sindi’s parents were both craftsmen in the Kingdom of Olonos, her father Janx a tailor and her mother Soe a cobbler. While they weren’t poor, neither were they particularly successful, and as their family grew, they found it harder and harder to give their children the life they wanted to. When the heard of the burgeoning colony in Paku Islands, and the promise of riches for those brave enough to go, they decided to take the risk. Selling nearly everything they had, they booked passage on a ship sailing to City de Puentes.

The youngest of the Poko family’s six children, Sindi was 15 when they made the trip, still little more than a toddler by gnome standards. She found the whole thing to be a thrilling adventure, and was fascinated by the sea, the ship, and it’s crew. Even after the family arrived, Sindi retained her newfound obsession.

The family’s prayers were answered, and they prospered in the new land. However, as they became part of City de Puentes’s “respectable” society, their youngest daughter’s constant association with sailors and buccaneers became increasingly embarrassing. Her parents tried to steer her towards more appropriate interests, but the older she grew the more her obsession swelled, he parents’ objections only encouraging her. The breaking point came when she was in her late 30s, on the cusp of adulthood. The family was hosting a party for much of the city’s elite, with the intention of introducing her to the son of a powerful merchant that they considered a potential suitor. To their embarrassment, however, Sindi never arrived at the party. Her father, furious, took guards to the docks to find her. They discovered her in a rough tavern frequented by pirates, obviously drunk and leading the patrons in singing several raucous sea shanties. He ordered her to come home with him immediately, and when she refused attempted to have his men take her by force. Her friends resisted, and Janx sent for more men. Soon it was an all-out fight, and in the brawl he was struck dead. Horrified, Sindi knew she couldn’t return to her family. One of the sailors there was a mate on a sloop that would be returning to Chengbao the next morning. The captain agreed to take her on, and Sindi’s life as a sailor began.

Life among the pirates of Lianhe League was a revelation. Her long fascination with the sea meant she already knew much of sailing, and what the little gnome lacked in physical ability she made up for in wits. She even learned little bits of magic to encourage her allies and befuddle her foes. Strangest of all was when she befriended an unusually intelligent parrot she named Breeze after watching him get tossed around trying to fly in a storm.

Unique Goal: Sindi wants to rebuild her relationship with her family, but isn’t sure how she ever could after what happened. Her best idea is that is, perhaps, she’s successful enough, one day she’ll be rich and powerful enough that they’ll have to accept her. Deep down, she knows that isn’t terribly likely, but it’s all she has

Trivia Tidbits:
  • As a form of childhood rebellion toward her tailor father, Sindi tended to purposefully dress slovenly: clothes dirty, buttoned incorrectly, ill-fitting, etc. The habit’s continued into adulthood, although she can “clean up” when she has to.
  • After her father’s death, the distraught Sindi left the tavern with an unopened bottle of wine. She still has it, but it’s tough to imagine ever actually opening and drinking it.
  • She and Breeze have an ongoing argument about which one of them is a better singer.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:41 PM
Cleaner of the Royal Butt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1291
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
So I committed myself hard and fast to only having five players. Five! And you lot make such great apps, and it's just not fair! You lot are completely horrible for making me work so hard choosing and you should all feel ashamed of yourselves!

In all seriousness, I've been stressing super hard about who would be in this game. If I could, I'd genuinely have all of you, and everyone deserves all of the credit in the world. BUT! There has to be five, and I've chosen my five.

Player Character Alignment Race Class Reason for Hire
Krow Nest Grelynn Neutral Good Taninim Draconic Exemplar Sponsor
DrowNinjaPrincess Phoebe Chaotic Good Pixie Pacifist Nature Sorcerer Local Guide
taleteller50 Cookie Chaotic Neutral Goblin Witch Settler
DoubleL1987 Lexaleaus “Lex” Lindstrom Neutral Good Tiefling Alchemist (Trap Breaker) Scholar
Vaerdis Maroo Chaotic Good Undine (Mistsoul) Oozemorph Shifter Prisoner

I'll be sending the lucky winners an invite to the game very shortly, but in addition, I'll be contacting a few of the other people in the near future about being reserves. Know this; if any of the five players drop out, I am not worried about replacing apps. All of these apps are great, and I couldn't ask for better.

Thank you so much for taking the time to apply, and I hope to see you soon!
Old 07-07-2019, 07:46 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1541
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest

AAAAAAAAH YEAAAAAAAAAH
Old 07-07-2019, 07:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12416
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
congrats to the accepted, and wish you all a merry adventure
Old 07-07-2019, 08:01 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 316
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Thank you! See you in the game! And out of it too.
Old 07-07-2019, 08:03 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8328
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
I see I got my app done right after time expired, well darn. Congrats to all who made it!
Old 07-07-2019, 09:59 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 836
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Congrats
Old 07-08-2019, 11:15 AM
Let's "snuggle"

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29583
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
Closed already? Looks like I picked a bad week to go on vacation. Oh well.

Congratulations to those who were accepted!
Old 07-09-2019, 12:25 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 409
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
Congratulations everyone!