User Statistics
RPXP: 393
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Anders Trueheart
right-aligned image

Name: Anders Trueheart
Race: V. Human
Class: Rogue (Inquisitive)
Appearance: 5'10" tall, slim build, shoulder length light brown hair and brown eyes. He wears white leather armor, to signify the purity of Torms righteousness.
Deity: Torm
Personality: Anders is a bit of an oddity for a holy man. Not as stern as a Paladin or Cleric but just as devout. The young human is friendly and jovial; A regular man of the people. That is, so long as you are on the side of light. He tolerates the masses that do nothing to help OR harm others with a cautious optimism.
Background: Acolyte
Personality Trait: I see omens in every event and action. The gods try to speak to us, we just need to listen.
Ideal: Faith. I trust that my deity will guide my actions. I have faith that if I work hard, things will go well. (Lawful)
Bond: I owe my life to the priest who took me in when my parents died.
Flaw: I judge others harshly, and myself even more severely.
Brief History: Anders started his life as a Waterdhavian (resident of Waterdeep). His father was a City Watch Lieutenent and his mother was a Diplomat. They did just well enough to live in the better, more northern, portion of the Harbor District. Sadly they were killed, during an apparent mugging, on their way home from the Trades Ward one fateful evening. The boy was nine at the time and had heard the horror stories about the cities orphanages (a regular recruiting pool, for those that survived, for cutthroats and gangs). Instead, he learned to survive on his own. Most of his days were spent on the docks, with the occasional petty theft in the nicer districts.

Around the age of 15, he was found trying to steal from an offering box in the temple to Torm. Asmund Gislisson, a priest of the temple, was the one that found him. The boy was given the option of being turned over to the city guard or serving the temple. What started out as an "easy opportunity" quickly became a stout devotion to the temple and to Torm. Now, Anders serves as a champion of his Deity. Although he respects all other lawful and good races and religions, he believes that Torm's righteosness must be held above all else.

Last edited by Treble83; 07-12-2019 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 826
TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil
@gjf2a

Looks good! Added to the completed list.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDayNinja View Post
I'm familiar with Matt Colville, but not the specific rules for S&F. I assume Charisma is important for gaining/keeping/influencing followers, but are there any other stats to keep in mind during character creation? Or feats, subclasses, or other options I could take that work off of those rules?
No, you don't have to have anything specific in terms of your character build to get a follower. After the group completes certain milestones (i.e. If you acquire a Stronghold for example) I will have you make a D100 roll and based on that roll you will attract followers. So just build your character as you normally would.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:14 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 731
gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBombadil View Post
@gjf2a

@TomBombadil: Thanks! I am really intrigued by the premise of your game, and I enjoyed imagining this character. I look forward to hearing from you when the game is ready.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1423
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon
This looks great, it’s exactly like the kind of game I was looking for in order to get back into the game.

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Milo Tealeaf
Race: Halfling (Lightfoot)
Class: Rogue 4 (Swashbuckler)
Appearance: Milo looks pretty much like what you’d expect for a halfling; 3’ tall, and weighing around 40 pounds, slightly pointed ears and hazel eyes. Where his physique differs from the majority of his kin is with his strait blond hair which is rather uncommon amongst halflings. He usually wears his studded leather armor and has two shortswords hanging on each side of his belt.

Background:Faction Agent (The Harpers)
Personality Trait: Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude.
Ideal: Change. We must help bring about the changes the Harpers are constantly working in the world.
Bond: Everything I do is for the common people.
Flaw: Once I pick a goal, I become obsessed with it to the detriment of everything else in my life.

Brief History: All his life, Milo was on the road, travelling with his family from town to town up and down the Sword Coast. As he reached adulthood, he decided to strike on his own and joined a caravan heading for Waterdeep where he met and became friends with an Elf sword master who impressed him so much, Milo decided to become his apprentice. After a few years of training Milo’s urge to travel got the better of him and he left for some new adventures. He eventually stumbled on a group of adventurers who just so happened to need someone with Milo’s set of skills. It’s been about a year now since Milo joined the group and they had a handful of adventures together, now they just arrived at Phandalin where new adventures are sure to ensue.

You got me once! But you won't get me twice, Finrod the sneaky!
Old 07-06-2019, 10:03 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 452
Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku
Damn I want to get in on this but my brain just keeps making the same 4 chars.
Current Games: Broken Isles
Old 07-06-2019, 10:07 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 157
Dreamer Dreamer
Takolaan
right-aligned image

Name: Takolaan Noxlin (Coal)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Race: Dragonborn (Blue)
Class: Monk
Background: Folk Hero

Backstory: Takolaan grew up under the care of his uncle, Gathier as part of the blue dragon clan. Gathier respected only physical strength by way of aggression and fear. These are the traits he did his best to impress upon his young charge, showing by example, most often at the expense of the child. Other times, Gathier would attack passing ships, or, gods forbid if anyone crossed into the clan's territory. Once, this happened and the intruder was taken to their home where Takolaan's uncle was more than happy to provide the necessary torture to make the teifling who had dared cross the land, talk.

Over the course of the next two days, Gathier worked the Tiefling over, making Takolaan watch and then finally prompting the young dragon to do his part. When at first, he couldn't bring himself to do it, Gathier held his charge against a nearby torch, permanently scarring one side of Takolaan's face. He relented, and used a sword to learn to cut, without killing.

Later that night, Takolaan was overheard crying and the Tiefling called to him. They talked, much into the night, the dragon admitting that while he did hold the aggressive nature of his people, that he was weak, unable to bear the pain in other's eyes. The Teifling, who was called Tharis, told Tak that he could teach him another way to manage his anger and forgive the boy from his part in his pain. Taking the chance for freedom from his current life, Takolaan freed Tharis and they escaped together.

The next years were filled with training from Tharis on how to connect with his inner strength and use it to keep his anger in check. He could fight, letting it out as needed, but with precision and not rage and to disarm and take down when possible, only to kill when needed. Tharis nicknamed the dragon, as he came into his adulthood, "Coal", as both a shortening of his true name but also for the tinder that resided in his soul... coal could be used to stoke a fire at any given time.

It was years later that Coal learned that Gathier had not simply let him go. He'd been tracking him and so far, had reached a nearby town which he had violently taken control of. Once he heard of this, there was no talking Coal out of it; he rushed to face his uncle, unwilling to allow more pain be brought because of him. No longer a boy, Coal was a large, physically impressive dragon kin and Gathier was quite proud, despite his loathing of what Takolaan had become. But he had not expected the grace of swift movement that came from his nephew. Coal was able to subdue Gathier and take him to justice for his crimes against the townspeople. They cheered him, which was fine at first, but then began to make Coal feel a bit uncomfortable. So Coal left to wander, answering cries of help where and when he could, and eventually gaining the aid of others in such tasks.

Personality Trait: When someone is in trouble, I am always ready to help
Bond: I protect those who cannot protect themselves
Ideal: I always try to help those in need, as a penance for my family's actions.
Flaw: My anger still lies within me, and I'm always afraid it will take over.

Old 07-06-2019, 11:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Finrod Ancalimon

Looks good! You are added to the completed list!
Old 07-06-2019, 11:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Dreamer

Looks good! You are added to the completed list!
Old 07-06-2019, 11:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Really like the characters so far! Y'all definitely trying to make this hard!
Old 07-07-2019, 01:13 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1909
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houtoku View Post
LOL I can relate. Probably 90% of the characters I usually play are either a rogue, ranger or ranger/rogue classes. The race are usually half-elf or elf. For year I just played human fighters.
Old 07-07-2019, 01:41 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3543
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Djek Carrum-DiAugury
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Background: Inheritor - I was chosen to receive this.
  • Traits: I get bored easily. When am I going to get on with my destiny?
  • Ideal: Destiny. Nothing and no one can steer me away from my higher calling.
  • Bond: My tools are symbols of my master, and I carry them so that I will never forget my mission.
  • Flaw: I’m convinced of the significance of my destiny, and blind to my shortcomings and the risk of failure.

Race: VariantHuman

Class: Warlock, Archfey Patron, Pact of the Tome
Backstory:
Djek worked in the Candlekeep far too long. Changing linens and cleaning rooms in the House of Rest for years was the closest to working in the Library itself possible. The Avowed kept up with hollow promises and vague references to the ability to switch positions, but everytime one came open it was offered to another. It was years before Djek caught on that the chance was never going to come.

In that time, scrubbing floors, stocking candles, and washing bed clothes some of the Seekers deemed fit to share to a young, filthy urchin. Occasionally the reward was a small tome or parchment, but the best was the oral stories and traditions. One particular Seeker took a shining to Djek. Over the years, Djek made sure the best linens went to his room and there were always extra inks available. In exchange, the friendly Seeker would make sure to leave small bits of literature for Djek.

By the end, when Djek figured that the career in the Great Library was never going to happen, there was nothing to do about it. Too old to learn new skills and with no fall back plan, Djek was stuck. Then, at the end of one of the friendly Seeker's visits, he came to Djek.

"How'd you like to learn some magic?" he asked.

The trade off was simple. Instead of working away in the House of Rest, Djek was to join the team that maintained the Seeker's manor in exchange for lessons. Included in the lessons was access to the collections of the Seeker: singular works of art, wondrous magical items, and masterful musical instruments. They were all beautiful, but to Djek, nothing surpassed the elegance of the library. There were literal lifetimes of learning available in the books, occasionally leaving Djek confused where to start.

They had barely started when the Seeker came down to breakfast one morning. "Djek," he said, "The time has come for me to leave. And you as well. The others will keep this hold maintained. You're to seek out my caches. The knowledge they contain is useless unless dispersed. It's not to be hoarded and secreted away like the Avowed do. That's where you come in."

They talked for hours, with Djek receiving instructions to find and distribute the remainder of the information. Then, a ceremony imbued Djek with special powers as a final gift from the Seeker. After that, they parted ways. Now and then, a missive will come with instructions or a clue from Djek, but direct contact had been cut off.

Djek found a group to wander with, at the Seeker's behest. Together, they're making their way through task after task, with Djek hoping that every step brings them closer to that moment.
Djek lives life as if with held breath. Most others go through life waiting to be noticed or looking for purpose. For Djek, that sort of waiting is over. Notice came long ago. Purpose was dictated.The mission has been given, but with strict orders not to make a move too early. Now anxiety fills every waking moment, watching for signs, listening for cues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	half drow wizard.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	80919  

Last edited by Numen Wraith; 07-18-2019 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-07-2019, 01:46 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3543
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBombadil View Post
@gjf2a

gjf2a is a horrible player and a right arse.

As evidenced by my recruiting of gjf2a into a game I DM while being a coPC in two others.

Old 07-07-2019, 01:57 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houtoku View Post
That's fine play what you want to play!
Old 07-07-2019, 02:07 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numen Wraith View Post
gjf2a is a horrible player and a right arse.

As evidenced by my recruiting of gjf2a into a game I DM while being a coPC in two others.
Play nice!