RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 07-07-2019, 02:09 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3543
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBombadil View Post
Play nice!

I thought I was.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:43 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 452
Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku
Quote:
That's fine play what you want to play!
It's more just a lack of creative flexibility on my part. I feel like every time I have to make a 5e char, I basically end up making some flavor of Rogue (Dex or Cha), Dex-Fighter, or Warlock. Hell, I'm currently building a Hexblade Warlock concept to apply for this. Although part of it is none of my Warlocks have gotten into any of the games I've applied to on them, so I keep trying different concepts.

Also just for clarification - we're limited to 1 Feat to start with, period (at least within creation)? If I happened to make a Human, I couldn't go with a Feat @ lv1 + 2nd Feat @ lv4?
Current Games: Broken Isles

Last edited by Houtoku; 07-07-2019 at 03:46 AM.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:42 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
WIP - Just realized it's 5:45am, I should probably go to sleep. Will finish if/when I wake up.

Name: Heian Evenwood
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Warlock (Hexblade)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Background: Mercenary Veteran
Trait: I'm full of inspiring and cautionary tales from my mercenary experience relevant to almost every combat situation.
Ideal: Independence When people follow orders blindly, they embrace a kind of tyranny. (Chaotic)
Bond: I'll never forget the crushing defeat my company suffered or the enemies who dealt it.
Flaw: I made a terrible mistake in battle that cost many lives - and I would do anything to keep that mistake secret.
Appearance: 65, Heian looks mostly human except for his ears, which mark him as at least part-Elven. Between his black hair, and grey, almost silver eyes, he tends to make people uncomfortable if he stares at them directly for too long. His hair is kept short, so it doesn't interfere with him in combat. Above-average height and build, he's a little beefier than the average person, but not by much. His most distinguishing feature is a large scar running down the side of his face, down along his neck.

Backstory:

On his father's side, Heian is Human. That's about the extent of what he knows of his father, who was just some guy his mother hooked up with one drunken night at a tavern in Waterdeep, or Neverwinter, or... she was never quite sure.

On his mother's side, Heian is an Elf. His mother was a Ranger-Captain within the Silent Rain mercenary company. He was raised among them, but being only Half-Elven, there were some who looked down on him due to some of his more Human characteristics. Always a bit too mouthy, too impetuous. It wasn't until his abilities began to manifest themselves in his teens that those of the Company began to take him seriously.

It's unknown precisely where his power comes from, but from the descriptions, some of the more learned members of the organization have surmised that on his Human-side, he may be descended from the Netherese who were trapped in the Shadow Plane for a thousand years. After they returned to the Material Plane, they were... changed.

Last edited by Houtoku; 07-11-2019 at 02:29 AM.
Old 07-07-2019, 01:12 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 731
gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a gjf2a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numen Wraith View Post
gjf2a is a horrible player and a right arse.

As evidenced by my recruiting of gjf2a into a game I DM while being a coPC in two others.
LOL!!!

Our characters have had a lot of fun together, especially saving each other's lives!
Old 07-07-2019, 01:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 826
TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houtoku View Post
Also just for clarification - we're limited to 1 Feat to start with, period (at least within creation)? If I happened to make a Human, I couldn't go with a Feat @ lv1 + 2nd Feat @ lv4?
Yes you can do that, you just won't get the +1 ability score improvement across the board.
Old 07-07-2019, 01:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil TomBombadil
Also if there's really high demand for this game I may do more than one game to try and accomodate as many of you as possible.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:30 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 264
Thunderstruck Thunderstruck Thunderstruck
I love the sound of this, particularly the fact that we are an established party. Will the players selected be discussing the previous four adventures prior to the start of the game, or do you already have an idea of what those adventures were?

I leave my application for your perusal:

Osryn Steelhammer
Name: Osryn Steelhammer
right-aligned image

Race: Mountain Dwarf

Class: Cleric (Light Domain)

Alignment: Neutral Good

Background: Folk Hero

Appearance: Osryn is on the shorter side for a Dwarf, standing a shade above four feet. His flaming hair and beard help him stand out in a crowd as does his booming voice. Although he is barely a third of the way through his life, his skin is craggy and tanned, marking him as someone who has spent a good deal of time under the sun. His hazel eyes are flecked with streaks of light, that seem to intensify as his temper deteriorates. When dressed for adventure, Osryn wears a gleaming suit of mail and firmly grips a sturdy, steel headed warhammer with a shield slung over one shoulder. Emblazoned upon the shield is an upright gauntlet, from which stares an eye.

Personality: Osryn strongly believes that a person's character shines through in how they act, particularly when it comes to interacting with those in a less fortunate position. He shares his deity's disgust in those who seek to oppress or control the weak or vulnerable. While usually jovial, a tendency to brash action (coupled with a short temper) can land him in hot water, particularly with those who oppose this ideology.

Backstory: Growing up as the son of a smith in the Steelhammer Clan, Osryn led a fairly unremarkable life for the first century of his existence, save for the frequent fights he ended up in when interposing himself between bullies and their victims.

That all changed the day the goblin tribes attempted to waylay a shipment of iron, close to the Clan's hold. Joining some of the guards rushing to the shipment's defense, Osyrn found himself facing down the Goblin chief with nought but a smithy hammer. Praying for help, he received divine intervention as a dazzling ray of sunlight pierced through the overcast skies, blinding the chieftain and allowing Osryn to land a fatal blow. Buoyed by the warming energies now coursing through him, he rallied the remaining Dwarves to repel the attack. That night he was rewarded for his heroic actions receiving both the gratitude of the King as well as his very own Steelhammer.

Hero status lasted less than a night, however, as he spyed the heir to the Clan abusing his privileges. Overcome with a hot anger, Osryn strode over to the heir, demanding that he unhand the servant. Despite Osryn's reputation for brawling, the scoffing prince obviously did not actually expect Osryn to strike him. Unfortunately for Osyrn, the strike was delivered with the hand that gripped his briefly forgotten new hammer...

Exiled from the Clan for causing grievous injury to a member of the royal lineage, Osyrn set out to protect those who required his aid and to explore his new relationship with the source of his divine help: Helm, the god of protection

On his travels he met a group of others, whose actions suggested decent character and whose help he found he could trust and rely on. Together they adventured for a time until, hearing word of brutal and unjust murders around Phandalin, the party traveled to the city to find out more...

Last edited by Thunderstruck; 07-07-2019 at 08:39 PM.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck View Post
I love the sound of this, particularly the fact that we are an established party. Will the players selected be discussing the previous four adventures prior to the start of the game, or do you already have an idea of what those adventures were?
Great app! It has been reviewed and added to the completed section.

The players selected will discuss what te adventures were.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:19 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Great app! It has been reviewed and added to the completed section.

The players selected will discuss what te adventures were.
We don't talk about that time we all got high on angeldust and ended up murderhobo'ing a small village though... that was totally a passing pack of Gnolls.

Last edited by Houtoku; 07-07-2019 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:40 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 264
Thunderstruck Thunderstruck Thunderstruck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houtoku View Post
We don't talk about that time we all got high on angeldust and ended up murderhobo'ing a small village though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck View Post
He shares his deity's disgust in those who seek to oppress or control the weak or vulnerable.
We DEFINITELY don't need to bring that up...
Old 07-08-2019, 12:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2308
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
Name: Eliandril
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Monk (Way of the Four Elements)
Backstory: Eliandril grew up in the Reaching Woods in the Western Heartland, but always felt drawn to the water. As soon as he was of age, he signed on to serve on river boats, shipping good and people up and down the Chionthar River. This experience only served to intensify his wanderlust, and he eventually traded in the river boat for sailing on the high seas out of Baldur's Gate.

While serving on these ships, he studied under a fellow sailor, learning the ways of meditation and honing his body into a finely crafted work of art. The expanse of water and open air inspired him as well, and his studies turned to the mystical communion with the elements.

After a few years, Eliandril felt he had learned all there was to learn on the ship, and set out looking for new adventures to test his mettle against. Having met a few bands of adventurers who had booked passage on his ships, he was easily able to find his way into such a company to begin seeking his fortune.
Background: Sailor
Personality Trait: My friends know they can rely on me, no matter what.
Ideal: Freedom. The sea is freedom—the freedom to go anywhere and do anything. (Chaotic)
Bond: I’ll always remember my first ship.
Flaw: My pride will probably lead to my destruction.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@RainyDayNinja Great app! You have been added to the completed section.

@ParzivalFair @Neman Wraith @Houtoku you have been added as WIP to the table. Let me know when your applications are completed.

Last edited by TomBombadil; 07-08-2019 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:45 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1769
Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy Troy
Lash Reddoran
left-aligned image
Name: Lash Reddoran
Race: Half-elf
Class/Oath: Oath of Conquest Paladin
Background: Mercenary veteran - Iron Wolves
Diety: Amaunator
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Physical DescriptionLash is a tall half-elf with a solid build. His black hair is cropped short on the sides and left long on top. His green eyes are deep set and stare out of a face covered in scars and a beard. The ex-mercenary is usually attired in his plain but expertly cared for armor and burnt orange cloak with his shield strapped to his arm. The shield has a stylized sun, the symbol of Amaunator, etched onto the front of it. His cloak pin is a gauntleted fist holding a whip.

Personality
Personality Traits: Being part of a group is a must. If I go too long without companions to help guide me, I start to lose my way. I want to do good things but struggle with what that means.
Ideals: Evil is a subtle poison. If left in the world it will rot and fester. The only way to combat it is overwhelming force. The chaos that evil brings must be wholly crushed.
Bonds: My companions come first. They're my waypost in the darkness. Amaunator is the light that allows me to see my waypost.
Flaw: I've done very cruel things in the past and It's difficult not to repeat them in the service of the greater good.

HistoryI got kind of carried away here so I'm going to put it into a spoiler button. I'm sorry if it's too long.

Last edited by Troy; 07-09-2019 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7409
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Application
right-aligned image
Name: The Baron Acot...or just Fulco

Race: Human

Class: Rogue Mastermind

Background: Mechanically Charlatan / Thematically Bounty Hunter

Appearance: That would depend on whether he is working or not. The beggar is the easiest disguise to use to gain access to most people. Peasants and their wretched kind are all but purposefully ignored by higher society and at every instance underestimated. A dirty brown tunic, bootless feet, disheveled hair and some mud spattered upon the face are all it takes to pose as one in the bottom rung of society. Perhaps a rakish bowman is in order. Put on a clean green tunic, pull your hair back to keep it out of your eyes and your line of sight, take your shortbow out of its cloth wrapping so that all can see and strap a quiver full of arrows to your back. But the most important part of this disguise are the stories. The bowman has killed many a foul beast and raided many a bandit den...or maybe even the royal treasury if that story would cater to the present company. If refinement is called upon, fine clothes must be worn, jewelry must be displayed and the signet ring of a foreign duke put prominently upon a finger. Speech patterns may change and a general disdain for any laborers or common folk is paramount to this disguise. Faces can be remembered but if you hide the face in a persona, it can fade away as quickly as the morning mist.

Personality Trait: I tend to approach conversation with people I've just met as though it were an interrogation.

Ideal: This job's just a job, like any other. Nothing personal against my targets.

Bond: I swindled and ruined a person who didn't deserve it. I seek to atone for my misdeeds but might never be able to forgive myself.

Flaw: At a younger age my actions earned me the brand of a criminal, those mistakes haunting me and my fellows even today.

Backstory: WIP

Last edited by tomplum; 07-09-2019 at 07:58 AM.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:17 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
ofthetenfools
The theme and flavor made me think of Matt Colville and sure enough I was not disappointed. Assuming I've got time I want to throw a character of my own in for consideration. Hopefully get to that tonight after work.