RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-06-2019, 09:59 PM
Just learning to lose.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6068
Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast

Paperweight.

“The last thing he ever said to me was, 'Just always be waiting for me, and then some night you will hear me crowing.”
Old 07-06-2019, 10:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1443
Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia Olympia
I love paperweights! My favorite one is a hand-sized triceratops that has, sadly, lost one of its horns.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:40 PM
Just learning to lose.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6068
Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast

I love all sorts of paperweights, but I tend to use them the same way I use bookmarks - whatever happens to be in arms reach when I need one! Currently my dice-bag and a little bobble-head Stitch.

“The last thing he ever said to me was, 'Just always be waiting for me, and then some night you will hear me crowing.”
Old 07-06-2019, 11:36 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 855
DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles
WIP
Name: "Brahm" Aaruni
Race: Half-Elf

Basic Character Details: Aaruni, or “Brahm” as the prince and some of his fellows call him, is still fairly young for a half-elf, having not yet attained his twentieth year, but he carries himself like a human of middle age.

Appearance: He hides his slightly leaf-shaped ears beneath a dark green hood unless circumstances warrant otherwise. He is, you must understand, not ashamed of his heritage any more than he is proud of it--when one is an agent of the throne, emotions are a liability. Rather, he simply believes that keeping one’s appearance as drab and non-descript as possible makes his job that much easier.

Background:

Traits:
I have neither the time nor inclination to dance around unpleasant truths—the sooner we all just get to the point, the sooner we can all have done with it.
It doesn’t matter how many times I enter a room or encounter a person, my first thought will always gravitate toward finding the best means of ingress/egress and the best weakness to exploit if necessity dictates it.

Flaws:
Anytime someone asks me what I do to enjoy myself, all I can do is stare blankly. My work is my life; the day I make room for distractions is the day I fail in my duty to the throne.
I dislike working with others. Trust is a dagger you give someone to put in your back.

Ideals: The rule of the King’s law must therefore be protected at all costs. Those who stand against it, or him, are my rightful prey.

Bond: Though the details of my job might turn a weaker person’s stomach, I have no regrets about any of my duties carried out in the service of my King.

Trinket: In my pocket, I keep a small knife that I’ve made from a river stone. Every day, I chip away any part of the edge that isn’t razor sharp to remind me that laying hold of one’s purpose in life always bears a cost.

He/Him

Last edited by DialPforPickles; 07-07-2019 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Cleaning up a bit
Old 07-07-2019, 03:39 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 518
Lord99 Lord99 Lord99 Lord99 Lord99 Lord99
Public Character DetailsBasic Character Details

Name: Erasmus of Heliandria
Race: Human (Sphinx)

Character Appearance

If one knew nothing else of Erasmus of Heliandria but his work, one could likely identify him by the stains on his fingers – residue of many different dyes and chemicals - and the perpetual slight furrow to his brow – residue of a man often lost in thought. The rest of his body would help, certainly - but the most distinctive quality of the man is his mind, and the most visible demonstration of that mind's workings are the by-products of his constant investigations.

The man himself is the product of the Sphinx bloodline, through and through - and thus, he bears the stamp of the Dune Elf masters of his ancestors. His build is slender, but well-maintained by disciplined, if not enthusiastic, exercise. His skin is the rich gold of honey viewed in the jar, not the spoon, while his eyes are the gray-brown of river stones, often focused in the middle distance, although warm and clear when brought into focus. His hair he keeps in the style of a youthful intellectual, cut closely on his head and with strong brows and a lush but well-maintained beard, kept perhaps a bit shorter than fashion dictates due to the demands of practicality. Mostly it retains the glossy black of the youth, although with the first few silvers do the distinctive marks of age and wisdom begin to appear. To complete his face, one would note his strong, slim nose, narrow but full-lipped mouth, and close-set ears.

While his clothes are simple and sturdy, Erasmus is generally less interested in fine details and ornamentation than in maintaining his well-organized examination kit, a near-constant presence hanging over his shoulder.

Character Background

Personality Traits
1 - I do my best to consider all sides of an issue before coming to a conclusion.
2 - I prefer nonviolent solutions to violent ones if at all possible.

Flaws
1 - I very easily get lost in thought about a problem or question.
2 - If I encounter something new, it's very hard for me to resist investigating it at least a little.

Ideal
The world can be understood if only we apply ourselves to understanding it.

Bond
I must learn as much as I can about the world and record it for others to learn from.

Trinket with explanation
I keep a shard of obsidian with me that I found on one of my expeditions; for some reason, it's always warm to the touch. It helps me to remember that the world is a strange place, with many mysteries to be unraveled. Usually, if I'm really thinking about something, I'll have it in my hand.

Last edited by Lord99; 07-07-2019 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Continued work
Old 07-07-2019, 08:52 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
The original post has been updated to reflect the most recent applications. Please let me know if anyone adds anything to an earlier post just in case I miss it!

Old 07-07-2019, 09:24 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2529
Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain
Public Character Details
Basic Character DetailsName: Prince Imendjeref "Ximanteus" the Hierophant
Race: Dune ElfAurelian

AppearanceLike all Aurelian Elves Ximanteus draws attention wherever he walks as much for his height and near phantasmagorical grace as for his alien appearance. Standing literally head and shoulders above most others, Ximanteus's scholarly seeming frame and robed mode of dress obfuscates a strength of back and arm that would be the envy of Empyrean champions and earning of a begrudging respect from most Amaranthine soldiers. Many would describe him as intimidating were it not for the gentleness of his presence. An almost soothing aura of calmness seems to follow Ximanteus wherever he strides - though many scoff at the idea that it is some divine gift as market gossip continues to claim it is.

Under the sun of the Lucent Sea Ximanteus's skin seems to almost change in colour in accordance to the time of the day; when seen walking about the marketplace at noon he shimmers with a ruddy amber hue while in the cool shade of his cult's shrine in the afternoon he could be described as being a more gentle honeyed bronze. Said to be the colour of the petrified wood of the highly prized nehet tree of his native land, his darkly hued almost silken ringlets are the cause of many a noblewoman (and no small number of noblemen) and famed dancers clamouring enviously behind closed doors. Often unnoticed are his eyes, a vibrant but humble green of fresh nehet fruit flecked with brown.

Often garbed in a mixture of his own Aurelian garb and Empyrean styles, it is rare for much of X's body to be available to the casual voyeur; at most part of his chest and up to halfway up his arms at any given time. The height of summer occasionally sees him clad only in one of his native kilts. Hence, few have a true grasp of the musculature that lays beneath.

Character Background
Personality Traits
  • Breeding and Erudition: Ximanteus has benefited from the education his noble birth and aristocratic upbringing provided. His inherent intellect and wit have been polished to such a degree that he is more than an equal of any great Empyrean philosopher.
  • Alabaster and Incense: The splendour of alabaster monuments belie an inelegant social strata while temple incense dulls the senses and obfuscates all. Aurelian sensibilities engender a complex attitude of double-speak; what is not said or seen is often as important as what is and Ximanteus takes to such word play easily, even eagerly.
Character Flaws
  • Ritual of Veils: Aurelian aristocrats and nobles often pull double duties, carrying familial responsibilities as well as social ones. Living in a foreign land, as the guest of a foreign noble family as the scion of his own and initiation into a mystery cult has made it hard for Ximanteus to develop meaningful personal relationships.
  • Scion of the Sycamore: Ximanteus' family and physical appearance have always made him the most obvious and attention grabbing figure wherever he has been. Centuries of this have made him weary and wary of the crowd that inevitably gathers around him.
Background Bond
  • God is King is Land: The King is the Land and a God, his health is the lands health and the expression of the gods favour on us. The King's exercise of power and authority is for the benefit of all; as is for the King so too is for all with power and authority.
Background Ideal
  • River, Reeds and Stars: As an Aurelian Noble, Ximanteus seeks to secure not just entry into but great reward in the Afterlife. The deeds of his many long centuries of life will be judged upon his death, both great and small.
Trinket
  • An Unusual Empyrean Coin: Unique in its minting and lacking any value, even in the metal from which it was made. One of a pair, the other Aurelian, exchanged between Ximanteus and an exceptionally important person to him. The pair were made from the shards of swords shattered in the training fields many years ago.

Last edited by Oghain; 07-07-2019 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-07-2019, 02:07 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1029
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Public Character DetailsBasic Character Details

Name: Eilessa
Race: Half Elf

Character Appearance
Eilessa look younger than her twenty-odd years, in the fashion of those born of mixed blood. She has an unkempt tousle of red-gold hair that typically is just long enough to hide the points of her ears, bright blue eyes and a perpetual smirk or smile that telegraphs that she's up to something. She prefers light, or brightly, colored fabrics and clothes cut to be comfortable and easy to move in over those that show off one's body. She isn't fond of jewelry at all, though admires it on others.

Character Background
Personality Traits
Eilessa collects stories the way bankers collect coins; obsessively and comprehensively. She can often be seen in taverns listening avidly.

She adores cats of all kinds, and treats them with as much respect as she would a human or elf.

Flaws
Eilessa is easily moved by tales of woe and is almost helpless to resist entreaties of people she considers to be 'lost,' either literally or figuratively

Her heart is on her sleeve, and while she has no trouble lying to play tricks, she does not allow social convention or propriety color or prevent her speech or actions

Ideal
All should be free to go where they will, in safety and confidence therof, to seek their fortunes and find their place in the world.

Bond
I am the seed of something greater; the first of many. My trials will blaze the trail. Though dark days are ahead, I will shine a light such that those who follow will never be lost.

Trinket with explanation
A necklace set with a small piece of raw crystal that glows faintly in moonlight. Though she didn't have the necklace before she left home immediately after the Fracturing, a sharp eye might have seen her carrying the crystal in her hand on her way out.

Last edited by SalmonMax; 07-07-2019 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Oghain: Welcome to the thread and fantastic application! I've added your information to the original post.

SalmonMax: Liking what I see so far! I've also added your entry's info to the original post.

Update: I've changed some of the language around the required length for memories. I added in, "However, if inspiration hits you, please don't hold back! You won't be penalized if you go beyond three paragraphs." So if any applicant is feeling constrained or struggling to meet a three paragraph max, please don't! Write as much as what feels right to you.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:36 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
*whistles innocently, rocking forward and back on the balls of my feet, clearly up to nothing at all*

Old 07-07-2019, 05:47 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1717
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Olympia, your campaign setting looks incredibly promising! I would love becoming a part of it.

How would you feel about a Sylvan elf Arcane Archer attempting to imitate the („Homeric“) heroes of old? I feel somewhat uncertain about Intelligence being the attribute governing the magic of the arrows however. I can see the magic being a gift of an Artemis-like god/dess or a gift from the (Gaia-like personified) natural world itself, though neither suits magic of an arcane nature. Or perhaps it derives from a slain magical creature? (Dragon, Hydra etc) Should the magic be divine and based on Wisdom or should I keep the class as it is? Some feedback would be very much appreciated!

Thank you in advance.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, Elanir! I think your ideas could fit nicely into the setting. However, let's move this conversation to secret text! My preference is for character classes to remain hidden during this application process.

Old 07-07-2019, 11:54 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
*shiftily looks from left to right, then back*

Old 07-08-2019, 02:15 AM
Orange Pirate
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8676
Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse
Basic Character DetailsName: Aristides a.k.a. The Zephyr
Race: Human (Centaur)

Appearance
left-aligned image
Aristides looks like a god, if said god had his back to the sun and the light’s glare made it hard to see his asymmetric and borderline ugly face. Some would say that it’s tolerable. Almost none would say that it’s aesthetically pleasing. It could be, if his nose wasn’t broken early in his life and his jaw didn’t become uneven when he lost 4 molars—all on the right side—after a pony kicked him.

Aristides has short wavy hair as black as ink, and dark green eyes that look emerald in the right light. His complexion was light brown, made darker by years spent under the sun. He wears his beard short, always neat. On his right shoulder are two brands. The first is the Heliandrian royal family crest. The other is the name Travok, in Dwarven runes.

His physique is muscular, though not so big that it hindered his movement. He stands tall at 6 feet and 8 inches. His long legs, powerful thighs and large calves give him the speed that earned him his nickname.

Aristides is often seen wearing a plain-looking linen chiton, with a himation over it, and sandals to match, usually in the earthly colors of ash, coal or wood. He dons no jewellery nor any other ornaments. In the arena, when he’s racing, he wears boots, a knee-length skirt, bracers and a helmet that covers his entire head and neck, with slits for the eyes and mouth. The audience recognizes him by the stags painted on each side of his chariot.

BackgroundPersonality Trait 1: Most of my free time is spent practicing athletics. One will often find me in the training grounds.
Personality Trait 2: I am a direct man. When I say something, I mean it.
Character Flaw 1: I am too new to court. I know not how to navigate it well. I had only recently learned to read and write. To scheme like the others is beyond my capabilities and my desires.
Character Flaw 2: I have great difficulty hiding how much I detest slave owners, especially those of human blood. Elven masters I understand better, for it is in their nature to be entitled and feel superior, but I avoid them just the same.
Ideal: Improvement. One can always be better than one’s past self. Ceilings are only for those who stop striving.
Bond: My horses, Since we're using Greek gods, but not their names, this wouldn't be blasphemous, I think.Hermes and Nike, are closer to me than most of my friends. They were with me during my greatest victories and my most crushing defeats.
Trinket: In a pouch, I keep a small wooden stag figure, a toy given to me by my mother as a gift. It is the only thing of hers that I have left.

Last edited by Osse; 07-16-2019 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:38 AM
Anonymous Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3362
Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Ashayet (Empyreanised: Assaia)
Race: Dune Elf

Appearance

Age does not mar an elf as it does man. Wrinkles do not disfigure the ancient creature's features, and while the flexibility of limbs may not be what it once was, the body is far from frail. It is only a dulling, a slight greying, of the once pitch-black hair, and most of all the look of the green eyes that have seen so much over the centuries which now forestall the illusion of youth. Though the woman is below average height for an elf of Aurelian stock, her dark complexion makes her origins evident.

Ashayet is a very dignified appearance. She holds her head high, her look is stern, though mellowed by age, and an indulgent smile is no longer such a rare occasion these days. Her manner of dress betrays taste and wealth, but not extravagance. She wears elegant, long-sleeved tunics from fine fabric, in the Celestial style, embellished at the edges with fine geometric patterns. She appears to prefer white, but has been known to wear red as well. She does not despise jewellery either, most often seen in the form of a golden choker and a turquoise gemstone necklace, as well as a handful of bracelets of a similar fashion.

She belts her tunic not under her breasts, in the manner of the older fashion which, for obvious reasons, has remained in favour among younger women, but around her waist, as she prefers for the belt to serve a practical purpose as well: numerous pouches and small satchels are affixed to it.

Personality Trait 1: Ashayet is used to being surrounded by people who do not share her knowledge or views, and is apt at appeasing those who think her unreasonable and explaining to those who are interested.

Personality Trait 2: It is difficult to make Ashayet lose her calm and composure. She has seen much and thought about more.

Flaw 1: Ashayet is ruthlessly utilitarian: if she thinks that sacrificing you will unlock a piece of knowledge that could turn the whole world for the better in centuries to come, she will do it.

Flaw 2: Ashayet is an incorrigible schemer and likes secrets. She is not malicious in this, but she will not tell you things she doesn't think you need to know.

Ideal: The path to power, self-improvement, and a better world is through knowledge.

Bond: Ashayet is a champion of humanity, and in particular of the state of Heliandria, holding high hopes for the younger species in general and the royal house in particular.

Trinket: A receipt of deposit at a bank in a far-away city in the Obsidian Empire.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ashayet.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	80897  

Last edited by Mairien; 07-21-2019 at 11:20 AM.