RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 07-08-2019, 10:40 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 277
Olympia Olympia Olympia
Osse: Welcome to the thread, Osse! I've added your application information to the main post.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Olympia Olympia Olympia
Mairien: Great start to your application! I've updated your information on the main post. Let me know when you finalize it.

Given the amount of interest that has been generated, I'm going to set the deadline to July 21st. Plenty of time to still get applications in or add more!
Old 07-08-2019, 11:21 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1968
Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien
I believe the deadline is a wise decision - games not getting off the ground because they lose momentum due to too far-away a dealine are sad to watch, but it's a thing here.

I've added the Connection that I'd forgotten to list, so the application is nominally complete, but I'm pretty sure I'll write out a few more memories yet.
Old 07-08-2019, 05:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Olympia Olympia Olympia
Thanks Mairien! I've updated the main post to reflect that you've completed the application. And yeah, I hear you on the threat of too-distant deadlines. From what I've seen in looking at other games, it seems 3 weeks tends to be the norm for open applications. So hopefully that'll work here as well!
Old 07-08-2019, 05:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien
Old 07-08-2019, 08:36 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 374
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
left-aligned image

Name: Evander
Race: Sylvan Elf

Personality Traits:
1. I live to acquire immortal glory like the heroes of old. The greater and more fearsome the enemy, the greater the glory gained from the enemy‘s defeat. Conflict and constant challenges is my chosen way of life.
2. I care nothing about rules, social structures and the so-called civilized world. Such things are signs of weakness and unnecessary burdens. What matters are the strength of one’s arms and legs and the commands of the heart beating in one’s chest. If one wants me to respect her or him, she or he will have to earn that trust, usually in combat.
Ideals:
1. Proving myself a hero, meaning to stand out from the rest, is my goal in life. There is no purer or nobler goal than becoming as great as the gods will allow. So-called civilization has weakened elves and non-elves alike, making them forget what is important in life. Now that the world has changed and civilization is about to collapse, the time for heroes has once more come.
2. Morality is an invention of lazy, idle, old men and women, who are not able or willing to lead a true life of adventure and heroism. I seek honor and glory, in this pursuit everything is allowed. Those weaker than me are however worthy of protection and to be shown the true path in life, at least those who are willing to learn more than how to bow before their masters.
Bonds:
1. Having been banished by my tribe for not conforming to their rules and regulations, I owe my allegiance to no one. Only those that prove my match have my respect and friendship. There is one however that has won my heart by her beauty and the fire of her spirit. I will not mention her name, but there is nothing I wouldn’t do to show her my worth. A kiss from her lips is like eternal bliss, a paradise neither mortals nor gods can deny me.
Flaws:
1. I will never lie, for I care nothing about the opinions of others and I have nothing to hide.
2. I live as I see fit and those unwilling to accept this fact will have to teach me to respect their laws… the hard way.
Trinket:
1. A „lucky“ boar tusk from the very first animal Evander killed. Though he denies it even to himself, it is a fond reminder of the life Evander had as a member of the „frenzied boar“ tribe, a time where he wasn’t alone.

Appearance:
Evander resembles the heroes of song and legend. He is tall for a Sylvan elf, his body well toned and his arms and legs quick and agile. His blonde, shoulder long hair frame his handsome face, while his emerald green eyes and comely mouth are especially attractive. Evander is as quick to smile as he is to grow angry, letting emotions rather than thought guide his actions. Apart from the bow and armor of the hero Akteios, that are masterpieces of craftsmanship, Evander’s clothes are rugged and mismatched, the product of his many kills and proof of his limited ability in mending and stitching them together.

Last edited by Elanir; 07-10-2019 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3716
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
I've got mine started! Let me know if you see anything so far that needs adjusting/clarification.

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 07-09-2019 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Olympia Olympia Olympia
I've updated the main post to reflect your applications, Elanir and UngainlyFool! Looking great!

Old 07-10-2019, 04:32 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Old 07-10-2019, 06:16 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 133
SableQuill SableQuill
Maaaaaan this looks AWESOME!
Unfortunately, I know NOTHING about 5e.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:20 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 374
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
I added a few memories and revised the character’s “bond” and his “connection to the Prince”. The application should be ready now.

Bonds:
1. Having been banished by my tribe for not conforming to their rules and regulations, I owe my allegiance to no one. Only those that prove my match have my respect and friendship. There is one however that has won my heart by her beauty and the fire of her spirit. I will not mention her name, but there is nothing I wouldn’t do to show her my worth. A kiss from her lips is like eternal bliss, a paradise neither mortals nor gods can deny me.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:47 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Olympia Olympia Olympia
SableQuill: Thanks for those kind words! No 5E experience needed! So feel free to throw in an application if you're up for learning the new edition

Elanir: Great! I've updated the main post and marked your application as complete.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:40 AM
Dwarven Master-at-Arms

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1500
Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea
This looks AWESOME! I love the setting and the write up you have! Only thing breaking my heart is I can't play my beloved dwarves! Though reading through the supplement, a half-elf Amaranthine-Manticore seems like it is right up my alley. I will have to mull it over and maybe give you an app later today or tomorrow.

The Forge-Master
left-aligned image

Name: Lysander Drakos

Race: Half Elf (Amaranthine-Feral)

Character Appearance:

Lysander has a muscular, stocky frame owned to the human side of his family tree. His straight nose seems hacked directly from the stone mountain of Belos while his wide jaw is hidden beneath a full beard. He stands just an inch or so shorter than most of the elves of the Republic, though he makes up for it by packing more muscle mass than most of them. He wears his black hair in a loose braid that fits nicely under his helmet when troops are called to war. A smith by trade, the chimera forged all his own equipment with bright red accents and plumes of feathers for artistic flair. He has many patrons, especially among those houses that require bodyguards, and a reputation for weaponry that is nearly as good as the Aurelians.

His hands are rough from his work in his forge and he has a tattoo of a winged serpent spiraling up his right arm, blood red and spewing fire.

Character Background: Guild Artisan

-Personality Traits:
  • Perfection, I strive to hone my craft with such focus that I am considered on the bleeding edge of forging (for an Amaranthine of course)
  • Centered, My grounded sense of right and wrong has led me to take a more measured outlook on life and I have been used occasionally for mediating a disagreement among my friends.
-Character Flaws:
  • Unbridled Ambition, Once I reach a goal, my immediate thought is how to achieve greater heights regardless of the arena. War, politics, smithing, I zealously seek to master all.
  • Stubbornness, Once I am convinced by the rightness of my choice I rarely, if ever, change my mind.
-Ideal:
  • Order, The rule of law and stability of civilization brought this world to heel. With the Fracture that occurred a decade ago, we must rely on our society's structure now more than ever.
-Bond:
  • Faith, My devotion to the gods strengthens my resolve and drives me to defend my people with all my might
-Trinket:
  • A small 1 oz block made of an unknown metal, tougher than adamantine or mithril.

Last edited by Anea; 07-16-2019 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3716
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
@SableQuill, PM me if you want some help translating a character idea into 5e mechanics or general rules help. It's pretty simple stuff and RP is going to be far more featured here anyway, I would think.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3870
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
^ You should absolutely take him up on that offer. He's a great player.

I'm working on mine. I'll post it soon.