Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 350
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Brek SchmokName: Brek Schmok
Race: Human (Variant)
Class + Subclass: Monk (Drunken Master)
Background: Fisher
Appearance: Brek is not much of a looker. His five o’clock shadow and lazy eye are only secondary in catching the eye to his very round belly. His arms do look to have a fair amount of muscle on them despite the amount of fat around his midsection. The bottom of his floppy chefs hat is permanently stained from sweat and his plain tan apron constantly has blood stains from butchering various animals. Below that is a plain white sleeveless shirt and leather pants. He appears to be about mid thirties and beaten with an ugly stick, but he always is ready with a smile with his eleven remaining teeth.

Alignment: NG
Chose a starting point: Crew- Lost a bet to Cookie in a cookoff which resulted in him becoming his assistant aboard the ship. He constantly watches him to better improve his own culinary expertise (between scrubbing pots and cleaning the floors of course). His dream is to now fish all manner of marine life on the open sea and make an ultimate dish for for a king.

Personality (single paragraph): Fine Food, Fine Wine, and Fine Women- These are the main driving forces of Brek. He is simple in his needs and wants. Nothing fancy about him. New friends are greeted with a warm plate of food and an even warmer smile. He is usually very boisterous with big belly laughs at even the dumbest jokes. Just don’t insult his cooking or you’ll find a cleaver sticking out of the wall near your head. His priority is the health and welfare of the crew. When the crew is engaged in battle, he is a frustrating opponent as he weaves in to clobber those who have his friends outnumbered them bounce back out of harm’s reach.

Where did you acquire your talents? (single paragraph): Brek grew up on his own in a small fishing village. Naturally, he learned how to catch fish from the old timers that would sit on the pier and drink themselves stupid. He got good enough to open his own market stall where he sold his excess catch. In order to stand out, he learned how to cook with flair and fancy cooking tricks to entice customers to his stall. Usually the money made from the stall went to his side hobby of brewing beer for his own personal use. Eventually the ship came to port to get supplies. Brek lost a bet in a cookoff with Cookie and wound up being his assistant chef on the ship. He learned as much as he could from the ship’s chef while doing the dirty work Cookie didn’t want to do.
Officer Position: Cook
Roleplay Sample: TBD

About you: Been doing rpg’s for 17+ years. Majority of that time was D&D and L5R (Legend of the 5 Rings). Used to be able to do tabletop until main group was scattered to the corners of the country or overseas and now have a 1 year old. Due to fatherhood, most of my gaming has moved to pbp for sake of convenience and ability to actually participate in a meaningful way. Most of my characters usually focus on teamwork and making up for other characters’/party weaknesses.

Realistic posting rate: 1/day, “Star”
Previous role playing experience: 17+ years (D&D, Shadowrun, 7th Sea, L5R)
Number of forum games you're currently playing: 5
Any other notes: Majority of gaming done on my phone. Will do my best to be vigilant against the villainous autocorrect.

Last edited by Hiruma Kohaku; 07-09-2019 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Adding more information
Old 07-08-2019, 02:00 PM
Breaker of 4th Walls

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9140
saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187
right-aligned image

Name: Clio
Race: Merfolk
Class + Subclass: Warlock - Celestial ("Healock")
Alignment: (Chaotic) Neutral (Good)
Background: Far Traveler

Appearance: Standing as short as an Elf and weighing even less, Clio's small frame is clearly humanoid, but just distinct enough to not allow her to pass without notice. A paled "underbelly" quickly deepens into a light greenish-blue befitting the seas of which she comes. With webbed hands and feet, long fins extend off the woman's forearms and calves, allowing her to glide through the water as easily as a fish. What some would consider "hair" is the deepest of the green-blue hue across her form. Unlike that of other humanoids, Clio's is much more like thin, wavy seaweed that always seems to be heavy with dampness. Instead of drying, it tends to get slimy, and produce a pungent 'fishy' smell. Merfolk aren't the greatest bunkmates when away from the water for too long.

Starting Point: Prisoner - Clio had just been minding her own business, trying to catch breakfast, when she found herself suddenly being surrounded, and then swept up with a large school of fish. She'd been told it was dangerous to go so close to the shores of men, but she'd been too confident, and had not seen the netting until it was too late. Being hauled up onto deck, as the net was cut and she spilled out, head spinning with stars in her eyes, with the mass of floundering fish, Clio had been set upon by the sailors. Sailors tell legends of Merfolk, but if one is captured, it certainly became a commodity that could be traded, or in her case, 'gifted' as she was. While all of the other prisoners backed themselves as far away from the Merfolk as they could, only the Tortle took pity on her. It wasn't probably the most noble idea transporting effectively a slave across the seas, both seemed to understand it was a decision out of their hands.

Personality: Curiosity and Enjoyment - those are the things that drive Clio. Unlike many of those back home that believed 'Men' to be dangerous savages that only sought to destroy, the Merfolk Warlock's wanderlust brought her to within their realm. Clio's always there to ask a question, or to pick up and examine anything and everything that isn't fastened down, much to the chagrin of others. Looking far more fearsome than she really is, those that give the woman a chance soon discover she has very few limits in regards to what she'll do to amuse herself. Practical jokes aren't always done in the best of circumstances, and give others the idea that she's not as dedicated as some think she should be. When it comes down to it, though, Clio is Merfolk, and you don't grow up without having to learn how to fight and survive their deadly rivals; the Sahuagin.

"Signing the Contract" - Clio Gaining Power: Tales of "Sea Witches" run amok among the Merfolk. Having come from old legends, and now used to scare Merfolk children into behaving, to actually meet what one might consider one was a fluke to say the least. Clio had been diving for pearls, as did many young adults, when she stumbled upon a thin passage she could just barely squeeze through. It opened up into a coral cave with a bubble of unnatural fresh air and an elder Merfolk woman calling Clio over by name as her head gently breached the surface. Water seeped in from the rocks, pouring down around the 'bubble', as the 'Sea Witch' gave her offer, proving to Clio just how true this undeniable offer was. What the woman didn't know was who the 'Sea Witch' really was; was who she was an agent of. For all the power promised, it didn't do anything to stop her from being captured by fishermen…

Officer Position: First Mate - Because no one would want a Merfolk Woman captaining a ship. Ports would suddenly close. Merchants would steer away. There might even become tales of a Kraken acting on the whims of the woman. But as the First Mate, she can bolster (or threaten) the crew into action and keep everyone in check. There'd be no mutinies on her watch. Despite what the crew says, Merfolk don't eat other humanoids...generally speaking.

Honestly I'm sure she could fill a few different roles. I know it's probably not helpful, but I'm least worried about this. She can make herself useful in a number of various paths. And, yes, she would Captain, but it might not be the best idea for the above reasons.

Roleplay Sample: - Once your character is marked as complete, I will introduce them into a Session Zero scenario where you can roleplay your characters. This will become your roleplay sample.

About Me
Realistic Posting Rate: I can guarantee Two(2) Posts per week, but I tend to post at the DM's rate, +/- the average rate of the rest of the party. I post when the RP is there. Combat is a given, and I can do that every day.
Previous role playing experience: I've been playing D&D for twenty years and have been part of this community for nearly twelve years. I've been fairly consistently active during all of that time.
Number of forum games you're currently playing: Three, but I regularly play, with ease, in half a dozen games.
Any other notes: I have fun. I love this medium, and will often get lost in the "writing" portion of it all. Clio has a lot more to her than what I presented above, so if chosen, the RP will surely get interesting. You have no idea how hard it is for me to be limited to ONE paragraph.

Last edited by saratek187; 07-16-2019 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:21 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 264
Thunderstruck Thunderstruck Thunderstruck
Liking the sound of a brutal nautical adventure! Please see my application below.

Zizzix
Name: Zizzix
right-aligned image

Race: Goblin

Class: Barbarian (Path of the Ancestral Guardian)

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Background: Criminal

Appearance: With his protruding ears and green-brown skin, there is no mistaking Zizzix for anything but a goblin. He is, however, an unusually well developed specimen stand a good half a head over many of his brethren (or about three and a half feet). Moreover, the lean, muscular arms would lead you to believe that he was perfectly capable of wielding the crude axe he has slung across his back. The literal skull cap he occasionally sports emphasizes the generally feral appearance suggested at by his tattered clothing, not to mention the stale odor that surrounds him. Since arriving in Nefen, he is more often seen swaddled in a long black cloak to cover some of his uncultured features, yet even wrapped up, the gleam of his red eyes and glint of his needle teeth betray him.

Starting Point: Passenger.

Final Destination: The New Moon tribe believe that once dead, the revered among their number ascend as guiding spirits, appearing in the moonless sky as the stars. After being taken from his tribe as an infant to serve as an exotic slave in a rich family in Katan, Zizzix acted much as a zoo animal before he snapped. Filled with the rage of one caged for too long, he mutilated the young heir to the family and fled. Looking to the skies for direction, his attention was caught by a shooting star streaking to the west. Following this clear sign to return to Melithas, Zizzix made his way to the city where he attempted to board an outgoing ship. He seemed set for the gallows after, upon being asked for payment, he bludgeoned the captain to death. Salvation came from the local thieves guild, who recognised the untapped potential within Zizzix. Employing him as an enforcer, the guild refined his fury, while allowing him to earn enough to continue on towards his homeland.

Crew Link: Once on board, he struck up a congenial relationship with the imposing bosun Koguz, with whom he shared both language and a trace of blood. Zizzix impressed who doubted his lack of strength by assisting with moving spare carpentry about and although he could not out-wrestle the half-orc, his crazed efforts entertained the crowd at a minimum.

Personality: Zizzix is full of energy. As long as given an outlet the energy is largely harmless. When kept caged however, his rage builds up and manifests both explosively and violently. Having been underestimated and unappreciated all his life, he strives to prove himself in his actions. The raw chaos has been tamed somewhat by his time with Nefen Thieves' Guild, who taught him that patience can have virtue. Despite this, when at a loss for a direction to take, he still turns not to the law or even common sense, but to the guidance of his ancestors, who speak to him in his rage.

Where did I acquire my talents: The rage was first manifest following his treatment as an attraction at the hands of the Fortescu family. While it was wild and uncontrolled at first as the ancestral powers flowing through Zizzix salivated at the release, his induction into the thieves' guild led to refinement and direction. Acting as an enforcer with them, Zizzix learned that sometimes an intimidating presence was more effective than a mad-goblin with an axe, as well as the value of a team. There was still ample opportunity, though for his frothing rage to become slightly more focused, such that few of the guild enforcers would have relished going up against him one on one.

Desired Officer Position: Used to being leaned on to enforce the commands of a higher up, Zizzix coverts the position of First Mate.

About Me
Posting Rate: I should be able to maintain a posting rate of 3-5 times per week.

Roleplay Experience: I have played in one 5e campaign, as well as co-DMed/played in a homebrew setting for a second. All of the experience has been in person table top though

Number of games I am currently involved in: Other than an introductory solo game, I am not playing in any other pbp games. I have applied to a few but so far with no success.

Old 07-08-2019, 10:12 PM
All Bark & Husky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1417
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
Hey, a goblin! Am putting a placeholder in case another goblin decides to fill up the decks! Did some grammar corrections and hopefully improvements for Blublud's story to sound more coherent. Application complete and ready for feedback, @Mostlymad!

Application
right-aligned image
Blublud of the Mavfik Tribe, which means 'Blue Face'
Name: Blublud
Race: Goblin
Class + Subclass: Mystic (Order of the Nomad)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background:

Appearance: At fifty pounds and a few inches more than three feet, Blublud is a runt of a goblin. He was always smaller than the others, less aggressive, less green; less goblin. What he has in spades are greed, and speed. Blublud was almost always first on the scent, first to the spoil, and when it came to trouble, first to run. His green-blue skin was always muttered about in his tribe, mostly because they thought he didn't deserve it; blue skin was a trait of their shamans. Blublud was no shaman, though he was being groomed to be one. What he wanted in life was to eat fish, sail the seas, and acquire riches and glory. When he eventually got to do those things, he took to always wearing his purple-lensed diving goggles on his head; one never know when one'd need it. He also claims purple lenses make you see fish better under the water. He still walks barefoot whether on land or on deck, and has a three-pronged fishing spear strapped to his back.

Personality: Blublud grew up in a typical community in the southern island of Melithas, where working together for a common goal was a distant secondary objective to the imperative of securing your own personal welfare. It was a difficult life at first, vying for resources against everyone else; but it taught Blublud the skills he needed to possess in order to take care of himself. His life taught him to be sneaky and quick if he didn't want anyone else to get what was rightfully his; or in the event of taking something rightfully belonging to someone else, preventing them from getting it back. His success at those things taught him to have a desire for more; more shinies, more food, and Blublud came to realize eventually, more problems. This bad habit was exacerbated when Blublud joined in with a gang of seafaring thieves. Now that he's reformed to privateering, Blublud struggles to control his larcenous urges, with moderate success. Blublud always has a deep sense of wanderlust and curiosity for life that extends far beyond that of a normal goblin. He's always learning, tinkering with contraptions or trying out new sometimes to the detriment of the crew's bowelsrecipes and experimenting on different ingredients and flavors in the kitchen. His thirst for knowledge and exploration made him partly competent in reading star charts and maps, and often Captain Thessaly would ask him his opinion about their current course. When not busy being the quartermaster's or cook's apprentice, he enjoys spending time on deck, looking up at the stars while singing along to the bawdy shanties caterwauled by the sailors and tapping his foot to the music, capering and singing even though the words didn't sound familiar. He enjoyed being free from the constraints of his tribe, though he missed some of them, and wouldn't exchange it even for the shiniest shiny. The promise of there being something more out there kept his hands free and his mind racing.

Where did you acquire your talents?: Blublud had two mentors in his life. One was the local shaman, who in human terms would be his grandmother by blood. She served as the village elder, and was older and wiser than most of the tribe's combined ages; a feat only a handful of goblin were alive to claim. She was strict with the young ones, and held Blublud to an even higher standard because of his blue skin and strange talents, but it was her who encouraged him to "know his place in the world". Now, she might have referred to becoming a shaman to replace her in the tribe, but Blublud took it as her blessing for him to leave the questionable comforts of home and discover the open sea. The second was Blublud's captain, a feisty redhead human named Thessaly, who nurtured the goblin's knack for thievery as well as his love of discovery. When she declared that they were going on the "straight an' narrow", Blublud was right behind her; but he noticed that not the whole crew was amenable to the life of a "pirate-slave", as they called it. Which leads us to where Blublud eventually ends up...

Chose a starting point: Prisoner
Prisoner

Officer Position: I'll say Navigator since Blublud knows how to use a sextant, though he'd probably do more acrobatics than actual looking at where the ship is headed...
Roleplay Sample: - Once your character is marked as complete, I will introduce them into a Session Zero scenario where you can roleplay your characters. This will become your roleplay sample.

About me:
Realistic posting rate: - 2x per week, excluding weekends.
Previous role playing experience: - Call me Danshii, or Dan! My first experience of RPGs was probably that generation of games like Fallout 2 and Arcanum, and I really, really loved it since then. AD&D I learned by playing Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate, then gradually I migrated to tabletop, but that didn't last long because there weren't many players or friends with the same interests in my area. The ones that had eventually had to break up due to work and life situations, and we haven't had the time or means to resume playing again. Signed up on RPGX a few months ago and re-learned Pathfinder and joined a 5E game, and been really having a blast in this community ever since! I especially dig the added benefit of sharpening my writing on this format.
Number of forum games you're currently playing: Only one currently; made space for Outplay!
Any other notes: - N/A for now

Last edited by DanshiiWithWulfs; 07-09-2019 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3309
Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad
Updated to here. Two goblins and a competition heating up for the First Mate position! Liking what I see so far! Excited to see what other scurvy dogs are hiding onboard!
"There's a slope down toward evil, a gentle gradient that can be ignored at each step, unfelt. It's not until you look back, see the distant heights where you once lived, that you understand your journey." - Prince of Thorns
Old 07-09-2019, 06:08 AM
Breaker of 4th Walls

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9140
saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostlymad View Post
a competition heating up for the First Mate position!
Clio would take any position, really. She just can't guarantee positive results. ...Unless the crew LOVES sushi, which, in that case, she'd make an excellent cook.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:26 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4942
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Sorry for the delay on my part, work was more than expected yesterday haha.

I've evolved my placeholder into a proper application !
Old 07-09-2019, 12:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 400
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
Quote:
Updated to here. Two goblins and a competition heating up for the First Mate position! Liking what I see so far! Excited to see what other scurvy dogs are hiding onboard!
Three first mates to choose from...didnt think second in command would be more popular than the big hat
Old 07-09-2019, 12:30 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4942
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alemar View Post
Three first mates to choose from...didnt think second in command would be more popular than the big hat
Second-in-command is always more fun than the leader. You get all the power/responsibilities without worrying about everything being on you if it goes south or having to be the one to make the big decisions

I shot for captain because I always aim too low and there never is a captain, go figure the one time i resolve myself to it there is already someone vying for the spot haha.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3223
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
App complete.

Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Thargrun Stoneheart
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Sorcerer (Storm)
Background: Shipwright

Appearance:
Thargrun is a stout, broad-shouldered dwarven man with a shaved bald head and a long, elegantly braided reddish brown beard. His thick eyebrows give him a menacing appearance, but his unnaturally bright blue eyes burn with a deep intensity. He has a rather large nose for his face and his lips are thin and drawn tight, as if the only emotion he ever wants to portray is a stern disapproval of things. His heavily muscled torso resembles a barrel in its size and width, and his thick hands are callused and rough looking from physical labor. His solid looking armor is highly polished and well maintained, and he wears a simple dark blue tabard with white trim that falls to knee height. A thick leather belt adorns his waist to which is attached a pair of thick suspenders he wears on his shoulders. Hanging from the belt is a variety of different tools and a battered looking but well oiled warhammer hangs from a loop on his right side.

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Starting Point: Crew

Personality: Thargrun is hard nosed and a loud, hard working dwarf who doesn't have much time for frivolous matters. He is the consummate professional who throws himself headlong into any task he faces and always gives his best effort to no matter how menial the task is. He is deeply practical and sees the big picture in most things, and has no problems saying things as they really are. He is extremely organized and methodical, and prides himself on doing his best to complete every task he is given. When folks get past his gruff exterior, they quickly realize that Thargrun is an intensely loyal and helpful companion to have on their side. He deeply enjoys teaching and helping others, and sees himself as a bit of a father figure when it comes to the others on his crew and who are on the ship he maintains. Granted, a father figure that may plant a foot in your backside from time to time to keep you on the straight and narrow, but what loving father wouldn't knock some sense into his loved ones if it was a matter of life or death? Though definitely a man of action more than words, when Thargrun does speak it is only because he has something important to say. By his own philosophy, dwarves don't have any time for idle chatter when there is work to be done.

Where did you acquire your talents?: The son of dwarven seafaring merchants, Thargrun took his first steps as a child on the deck of a ship. As a young whelp he served first as a cabin boy and then later as a full fledged member of different crews in which his natural aptitude towards tools and his hard work ethic made him invaluable. He was always fascinated with the beautiful craftsmanship and abilities of a fine sailing ship, and his passion and aptitude led him to become first an apprentice and then eventually an assigned shipwright at the docks in between jobs. Thargrun really began making a name for himself no more than eight months ago. He and his crew were stuck in a vicious rainstorm of horrific proportions, and the top of the mast began to slowly crack above the crow's nest. Realizing that the design of the ship meant that a mast broken in this fashion was essentially a death sentence, Thargrun rushed to the top of the mast with his tools and managed to reinforce the mast and save the ship. However, as he was preparing to climb back down, he was struck by a bolt of lighting from the heavens. Falling to the deck in a smoldering heap, all thought he was dead but Thargrun survived. Thargrun lived, however, and the power of the storms was now in his blood. His eyes turned an unnatural bright blue and he could now call upon the powers of nature that he never could before. This event has made those who have heard the tale a bit afraid of Thargrun and his new found abilities but the dwarf never changed - there is still work to be done, and a minor thing such as being struck by lightning is no excuse for shirking one's duties.

Officer Position: Bosun
Roleplay Sample: None yet.

Last edited by Grouchy; 07-18-2019 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad
Most UA material is allowed (run it past me first please) and Storm Sorcerer is already an official subclass. Did you mean the Sea Sorcery UA?
"There's a slope down toward evil, a gentle gradient that can be ignored at each step, unfelt. It's not until you look back, see the distant heights where you once lived, that you understand your journey." - Prince of Thorns

Last edited by Mostlymad; 07-09-2019 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3223
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Quote:
Most UA material is allowed (run it past me first please) and Storm Sorcerer is already an official subclass. Did you mean the Sea Sorcery UA?
I have a 2014 player's handbook so I wasn't aware of that. Great, I'll get cracking.

Last edited by Grouchy; 07-09-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Storm Sorcerer can be found in both the Sword Coast Adventurer's GuideSCAG and (the most recent version) can be found in Xanathar's Guide to EverythingXGtE.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:58 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 656
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Dorjie
right-aligned image

Name: Dorjie
Race: Aarakocra
Class + Subclass: Storm Sorcerer
Background: Far Traveler (from the Storm Horns in Colmyr)
Appearance: Among her people, Dorjie had always been considered a beauty. Lithe, dark-skinned, and with dark, irredescent feathers, except for her wings which spread glorious and white around her and yet with that air of danger around her like the storms she loved.
Alignment: N/G Her life had been pampered and she had been loved and admired. And so she grew up good and true though always with that threat of a storm.

Chose a starting point: Although her people had always been reclusive and secretive, they had also been dying out through attrition and inbreeding. The Shaman read the omens and set out to change this. Although few listened, among the young and the restless, his message got through. And so, following the stars and the winds, Dorjie set forth to find other colonies of her people on this plane. A far traveler herself, and a woman, Captain Selanya Hale heard talk of the young Aarakocra woman at her last port of call and put forth rumors that she had heard of Aarakokra spotted in the High Forest. Sure enough, they found their mark and Dorjie was brought on board as a paying passenger; though Captain Hale also used her as a scout and possibly a weather mage. Unwilling to be caged in a cabin, Dorjie made her bed in the rear Crow's Nest when she wasn't riding the currents of the air. However, during the storm, she had been high above, chasing thermals and playing amidst the storm, returning to a strange and disquieting mystery.

Personality: Dorjie was raised in a loving nest by her parents. She grew up beautiful and talented, with the potential for magic clear in her lineage. Is it any wonder that she is trusting, even naive, though with a temper if she does not get her way. Aware, sometimes painfully, of her lack of knowledge of culture outside her community, she does not seek leadership though she is far from quiet or passive. Inquisitive and fascinated by this explosion of new cultures and peoples after her sheltered upbringing, she is, or was, reveling in this adventure. The one trigger point that could get her into trouble is that she is attractive not only to her own people but also to the jaded or thrill seekers of other races; a point of view that she does not and does not want to understand or sympathize with.

Where did you acquire your talents? An affinity for storms and harsh weather shows early in Aarakocra life. It is one of the signs that lead to the shaman's path, be it druidic, clerical, magical, or sorcerous. And so, Dorjie was trained from her childhood in the lessons and the joys of magic on this earthbound plane but the old Shaman, Ishmail, and his apprentice, her cousin Queequeg. Improper thoughts of her handsome cousin and Ishmail's harping on the dangers of inbreeding are admittedly one of the reasons Dorjie was willing to leave the nest.

Officer Position: With no formal training nor the physical tools for captain or crew, Dorjie volunteers to take on the position of Navigator. Not that she knows the seas or continents that well either, except for a collection of copies of often incorrect or overly simplistic maps she copied before leaving home, but she figures she can fly and scout for rocks, reefs, and possible ports of sail for the new Captain.

Realistic posting rate: I check the site pretty much every day for the adventures I am involved in and have no difficulty of posting daily if I have something to add to the adventure. I don't always have much to add or might with to consider my thoughts if things take a particularly interesting turn so, 4-6 times a week.

Previous role playing experience: Started playing D&D with the white boxed set, walked away for a while when AD&D came out. Then, after graduating, I did some other types of games for a few years before attempting mundane life; returning to gaming about 3 years ago when a friend brought me back into tabletop.

Number of forum games you're currently playing: I've been here a bit over a year and am currently active in two 5e games, a Call of Cthulhu adventure, and Honey Heist, a light adventure involving bears and a stolen ice cream van (so far).

Last edited by penbeast0; 07-09-2019 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:13 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
PapaSvirf
Szossha Hellcrest
right-aligned image

Name: Szossha Hellcrest
Race: Variant Human
Class: Bard - College of Whispers
Background: Gambler
Appearance: From beneath her dark leather tricorne hat, Szossha's vermillion red hair crashes down onto her shoulders. Her imp-thin figure and short stature would leave her as less then intimidating, if it wasn't for the way her thin eyebrows have a sharp angle to them, accentuating the scornful look her emerald-green eyes cast on any who would look upon her. Her saccharine sweet lips are off putting when compared to the stern gaze from her eyes, and the deep voice that exits her lips adds to the unease of those she speaks with.

Alignment: LE

Starting Point: Prisoner.

Murder is a crime not even Szossha can talk her way out of, but Szossha didn’t do it. Just ask her.

Szossha was up nearly 200 gold crowns in a single night. It was in the Stowaway Inn, a filthy tavern filled with even filthier patrons. Her table was filled with idiots who just docked, and just got paid. These sailors were just drunk enough to not notice her counting cards. That’s when they suggested playing a new game, one Szossha had never heard of, Stars and Stones. It sounded simple enough, and was mostly up to chance instead of bluffing. Not her cup of grog, but she could still take their money counting cards in this game too. But she had been had. They had suspected her of counting cards, and switched games to catch her in the act. Things got heated, weapons were drawn, and a single shot was fired. That shot came from Szossha’s pistol. She had taken life before, but it was in the heat of battle. Sure weapons were in hand, but no one had made a motion towards lethal violence at that point, yet Szossha found her pistol comfortably making its way into her hand, and the act of pulling the trigger was just as easy.

But she swears she didn’t do it.

In the belly of The Boreham, Szossha spent most of her time telling stories of her daring adventures, adding embellishments to spice them up a bit. It wasn’t long until the stories were mostly embellishment, but the other prisoners didn’t seem to mind. Captain Hale heard a rumor that Szossha had a talent with a fiddle, and began requesting her presence in her quarters for private performances. Szossha jumped at the opportunity to get out of the brig, and found Hale to be a surprisingly good audience. It also gave her a chance to inspect the rest of the vessel, and look for means of escape if opportunity presented itself. Perhaps she could convince the other prisoners to revolt under her command. She decided that would probably be the best, and she decided she was willing to kill to make this happen.

Personality: Szossha is heartless and calculated, but not cold. She enjoys the company of others, and likes seeing others around her succeed. Specially when that success adds to her own. She isn't afraid to take advantage of anyone and everyone, but at the same time does her best to work well with others, since she knows that is how she will get the most out of them. Depending on the occasion, she is equally comfortable with lighthearted fun as she is with threats and violence.

Where did you acquire your talents?: Growing up, Szossha spent too much time in taverns. It's where she learned most of her skills. She was fascinated with the bards, musicians, and storytellers which is where she learned most of what she can do. She was also equally enthralled by cut throats and scoundrels, although mostly by how these entertainers were able to take advantage of their marks without them being any the wiser. Choosing the life of a traveling bard, she has spent a lot of time on ships, and knows them pretty well in and out. She might not be an expert on the engineering and technical aspects of a ship, but she understands what a crew needs to be doing to keep a vessel afloat, and more importantly, she knows how to get people to do what she wants.

Officer Position: Szossha will settle for nothing less then Captain. Well...unless one of the other positions leave me as a player.

.About me

Realistic posting rate: Probably 3-5 times a week, depending on if my post is relevant or not. I don't like to clutter a game with text that doesn't really add to the experience.
Previous roleplaying experience: I've done some PBP, but it has been a while. I've played and DM'd for Pathfinder 1e and Starfinder. I'm currently DMing an IRL game of 5e, and we've been at it for about 2 years now.
Number of Games playing: Nada. I'm just getting back into PBP, so this will be my one and only.
Other notes: If it’s ok to use feats that are similar to multi-classing, I’d like to take either Magic Initiate or Ritual Casting to allow Szossha to obtain a familiar. I’d like that familiar to be a Parrot, likely using the statistics of a Raven.

Last edited by PapaSvirf; 07-10-2019 at 08:48 AM.