RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-09-2019, 05:26 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 661
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Application for Brek Schmok complete.
Old 07-09-2019, 05:56 PM
MostlyMaddeninglyMadMan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4427
Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruma Kohaku View Post
Application for Brek Schmok complete.
Almost, still missing something... Go back and reread the whole advertisement to see if you missed something.
"There's a slope down toward evil, a gentle gradient that can be ignored at each step, unfelt. It's not until you look back, see the distant heights where you once lived, that you understand your journey." - Prince of Thorns
Old 07-09-2019, 08:33 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1174
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Application=Complete
right-aligned image

Name: Raza "Doc" Raevath
Race: Triton
Class + Subclass: Cleric, Tempest
Background: Hermit
Alignment: Lawful Good

Appearance: Raz Is extremely distinguishable when compared to humans and other land locked races. He has a thin upright fin upon his otherwise bald head slightly resembling that of a Mohawk. Above his chiseled jaw bones lay a set of stormy blue eyes, deep and coalescent. He has a muscular blue toned body, compact, lean, and efficient. His face resembles that of a rustic and resilient man of his nature. He has slightly pointed ears and a scar lacerated across his right eye and cheek. He is ruggedly handsome, but in a veteran sort of way that even a human could appreciate. His hands and feet are slightly webbed, but his feet more dominant than the hands. Minuscule fins line his calf's and elbows. Strapped to his back on clutched in his hands you will most likely see Raz's preferred weapon for under water exploration, his spear. Around his neck hangs a necklace woven of sea shells and shark teeth around strands of sea vegetation. He wears only but a vest of armor fashioned from materials from under the sea, keeping his arms free for mobility and underwater movement.

Chose a starting point: Passenger - currently a stow away who provides worth so the captain keeps him around.

Why and what is your final destination?: Unknown at this point. Willingness to aid in the exploits of men and seek more knowledge of the human world drives him. His final destination might not be a physical or geological point, perhaps rather a state of mind and understanding. Perhaps a goal being achieved.

Why are you leaving Nefen, the capital of Katan?: No particular reason. Caught in the middle somewhere and he has no real destination in mind. For now he is rolling where the waves take him. He is aware the struggles which plague humans and has for now, vowed to keep them safe...or at least not dead...

Give me one link you have with a former officer: The life he saved from the deep is the first mate on board. Feeling as if the debt is owed, the first mate pled to the captain to grant safe haven to Raza for the time being for saving his life. Their bond grows continually.

Personality: - Raza is quiet, soft spoken and generally an introvert, but not without his opinions and self righteousness. He cares deeply for all good things, and would rather harbor life than extinguish it. He is passionate about his profession, healing ailments through natural remedies, and believes such a thing is of a greater connection to the earth than any other. He is a firm believer, but would admit to be a bit naive to the land dwellers way of doing things. He would be a contributing member of any team, realizing the value of loyalty and comradery, as well as strength in numbers. He does also enjoy his isolation, and could spend an eternity alone, entirely self dependent if left to his own devices. More so he is friendly, not easily upset and generally has a joyous outlook on most things. Perhaps a strange trait for a man among the sea.

Where did you acquire your talents?: -From years of solitude while surveying and guarding the trench. Stuck in isolation left to fend for himself and become entirely independent. This isolation granted him the amount of time needed to manifest and nurture these skills, but also the tranquility to perfect them, eventually becoming an all star in his craft. In addition to his healing specialty via ointments and natural remedies of the sea, often combining underwater vegetation and natural sea minerals, Raza bolsters a heavy set of magical aids which grant him the ability to defend himself as well as hunt as fish adequately.

Officer Position: Surgeon

Realistic posting rate: 3 times a week no problem. Slow on weekends.

Previous role playing experience: Been playing on RPGX for a couple years now. Hadn't played 5e before that. Played 3.5e years ago on table top and PBP

Number of forum games you're currently playing: Playing in 3 currently. Have played in up to 5 with ease.

Other Notes: I check the game forums quite frequently throughout my day. I'm privileged to have an office to myself where I navigate my day freely, so staying current inst an issue. I Will never leave a game without notice, and when I commit I'm in for the long haul. I have never, and will never ghost a game.

Although its not for everyone, I thoroughly enjoy critical role and have watched almost every episode of the second campaign.

Have not played a Cleric before, so the opportunity would be fantastic. I generally play Gish Characters but purposely wont be doing that with this character.

OOCWelcome DM feedback at anytime

Last edited by Jrod; 07-17-2019 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:16 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 661
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostlymad View Post
Almost, still missing something... Go back and reread the whole advertisement to see if you missed something.
Oops your right. Added the tiny nugget towards the bottom of the app.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:50 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 105
PapaSvirf PapaSvirf
Szossha is done.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:35 AM
MostlyMaddeninglyMadMan

Tools
User Statistics
Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad
Updated the table to here.

@Jrod, feel free to PM me with whatever questions you have regarding Tritons.

And for those that are asking for a review/feedback I will be reviewing these over the next few days and will have comments sometime early next week.
"There's a slope down toward evil, a gentle gradient that can be ignored at each step, unfelt. It's not until you look back, see the distant heights where you once lived, that you understand your journey." - Prince of Thorns
Old 07-10-2019, 11:40 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2614
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
@Mostlymad - If you are doing reviews I would very much like one!

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:42 AM
Thinks People Are Tasty

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10590
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Same
Old 07-10-2019, 12:43 PM
Derpy cat

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1616
Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral
Ditto!
Old 07-10-2019, 12:56 PM
MostlyMaddeninglyMadMan

Tools
User Statistics
Got it, everyone wants a review.

Last edited by Mostlymad; 07-10-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:16 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 105
PapaSvirf PapaSvirf
Yes! Review, please.

Last edited by PapaSvirf; 07-10-2019 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:49 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3385
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
@Mostlymad - Looking at bosun, I need the Athletics skill which the sorcerer class nor shipwright provides so I'm revamping a bit.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 459
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostlymad View Post
For those that are asking for a review/feedback I will be reviewing these over the next few days and will have comments sometime early next week.
Great! Looking forward to it
Old 07-10-2019, 05:39 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 861
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Everyone likes feedback; bunch of perfectionists we are.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:34 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6169
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Application Status - Submitted for Consideration

Yuxuk
left-aligned image
Name: Yuxuk
Race: Lizardman
Alignment: True Neutral
Class: Druid - Circle of the Land (Swamp)
Background: Pirate (Slaver)
Role on Ship: Quartermaster (Navigator)

Personality: To spend time with Yuxuk, one would think that he is cold and calculated. Unfortunately, very few voluntarily spend time with him outside of his shipmates. As a lizardman, he is shunned in society, and he has accepted that he would never fully be welcomed in Dawnsport. But, he ventures forth and has a mannerisms and world views that seems foreign to others.

Yuxuk measures every situation, interaction, or event with a 'flight or fight' evaluation. His innate driving force of survival above all else drives him. He is disdainful of the weak and those who cannot fend for themselves. As a means of survival, he sees them as prey. Not necessarily, prey for eating, but even prey to use to for his own well being. In his mannerism and speech, he is 'even keeled.' He shows very little emotion, and he doesn't 'open up' to those he does not know well.

However, his time aboard many a ship had taught him that every sailor has a place and a duty to the ship. For the betterment of the vessel, all should work together in harmony and in unison. He does what he is told and follows the laws of the sea and the ship to the letter. He does so because he must in order to..survive.

Appearance: Yuxuk is a tall and formidable lizardman. He stands six feet, one inch tall and weighs about two hundred pounds. His skin is dark green with a shade of grey. He could blend into nearly any forested surroundings, and in the swamp, he is nearly undetectable. His time with the Shadowscales have afforded him additional rank based on his leadership of the various raiding parties. The mark of Yzaqotl has been tattooed on him in a yellowish-green color on his chest letting all know that Yuxuk is under his protection and fights for Yzaqotl's favor.

Yuxuks eyes are yellowish and have a distinct reptilian nature to them. They could even be called dragon eyes. From his head are horned protrusions that resemble those of an iguana. His skin is thick and rough which allows him natural protection in lieu of the armor of softskins.

History (Starting Point & Talent Acquisition):

Roleplay Example: Will post here or another thread per application guidelines

About Me‘star’
Posting Rate: Maximum: Many times per workday (M-F CST). Only once or twice on weekends; Minimum: once per day during workday, none on weekends.
Previous role playing experience: I've been very active on this forum and others. I like to play a mix of characters, each with their own personality. Generally, the characters I dream up are done well in advance, and I find the right 'fit' game for them. Yuxuk has been on my plate for a while now, and this is the perfect game.
Current Games: As a PC, I am in 6 different games on this site, and am DMing Dungeon of the Mad Mage.
Any other notes: Being a 'veteran' of PbP, i know the ins and outs of what makes and breaks games. Too many times, have games just seemed to dissolve due to disinterest, unexplained disappearances, or general apathy. I like to be a part of games with people who have 'staying power.' I find that means people who have invested interest in their characters and the game itself. That not only applies to the PCs but also the DMs. I believe just as many DMs have disappeared as PCs.

Last edited by Shaede; 07-11-2019 at 11:43 AM.