Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > The Library > Short Story Competition
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 21st, 2022, 02:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 54977
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
The entries are piling up... okay, a few isn't really a pile, but still! I'm pleased to see stories submitted this early. I will remind everyone the deadline is not until mid July—you early folks are just going to have to sit around and wait.

If you're bored waiting (or stuck on your story and need a break), why don't you poke around the Library? There are threads like Respond in Haiku for fun, and there's an entire Writing Prompts and Critiques forum that doesn't get enough love. And don't forget, Explosive Runes is always open for submissions. You can find information on how to submit in the ER Newsroom, here in the Library. The next issue will come out in December, and it will be un-themed content, so everything goes. I expect the deadline will be the end of November.

Happy Solstice, and I hope everyone is enjoying their gaming and writing.

Last edited by Aethera; Jun 21st, 2022 at 02:10 PM.
Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 05:58 PM
Phial of Babel
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13765
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
I have posted my story. I hope you all enjoy it.
Old Jun 28th, 2022, 09:37 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14060
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Mine too.
Old Jun 28th, 2022, 12:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Thanks everyone! I'm really happy to see the response to this challenge. If you're reading along, make sure you've checked the posts earlier in the thread where their stories have been edited in! (I'm keeping the thread limited to one post/entry per person as best I can.)
Old Jul 1st, 2022, 02:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I count eight entries already! Keep 'em coming! The deadline is not for another two weeks, so you have plenty of time if you haven't finished your story already.
Old Jul 1st, 2022, 07:59 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2503
Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon
Regrettably, I will have to bow out of this race. Work has been beating the tar out of me, and sleep comes in the midst of writing too often. I have 23 pages of "ggggggggggggggggggggggg" now, from where my finger fell.

Good luck to everyone still in the running!
Old Jul 2nd, 2022, 10:43 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
That's alright, Dyerdon. Energy is a rare thing these days, and sleep is, unfortunately, required.
Old Jul 14th, 2022, 10:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15942
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
Couldn't get any of my 'good' ideas to work, but I finally did submit something.
Old Jul 15th, 2022, 10:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Today is July 15th, friends! That means the close of entries for the competition!

Is anyone finishing their story right now? I'm going to close the submission thread today, but I'll give it a few hours... at least six hours from this post, but if anyone lets me know they're finishing, I'll give it a bit more. Consider this your last call.

I'll be announcing the voting, so hopefully we'll have a lot of eyes reading and RPXPing your stories!
Old Jul 15th, 2022, 10:45 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14060
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Good luck, everybody
Old Jul 15th, 2022, 10:51 AM
#Bard4Life

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 44560
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk
I am excited. I didn't read ANY as they went up, I waited for today, and much look forward to reading them all this weekend! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.
Old Jul 16th, 2022, 04:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
There you go! Competition entries have been posted for blind voting here. There is also a dedicated Discussion Thread for people who want to offer comments or ask for/offer feedback.

Last edited by Aethera; Jul 16th, 2022 at 04:05 PM.
Old Jan 6th, 2023, 06:12 AM
Wriggly Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4375
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
So... what story was the winner?
Old Jan 6th, 2023, 09:17 AM
same, different

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4363
writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite
It was a "four-way-tie for first place". (Explosive Runes, issue 33)

But we can also see them all winners - each in its own, special way.
Old Feb 27th, 2023, 11:21 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Just a note for those interested, Explosive Runes has a theme of "evil" for the next one (deadline mid to end of May?? ask there, not me) and they're always open to including art, poetry, or short prose from RPGX members.