: +

Notices

Old 06-11-2015, 05:45 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
EODLunchbox
"You bring up a good point Jeana. Can you scout ahead and ensure that we would be reasonably safe in those ruins? I used to be a great scout in my animal forms." Alduar's mood visibly darkens as those terrible memories return to him.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:40 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Unikrom
Leaving the rest of the group to huddle behind some cover Jeana quietly approached the ruins.

The tower looked as though it had been abandoned for centuries. The ground around it was above the surrounding water and firm but over grown with brambles and various other plants. The weather beaten stones of the tower rose up out of the vegetation like a jagged tooth. The stones themselves looked sturdy despite a thick layer of vines and slime from the perpetual humidity of the swamp.

Circling around the tower Jeana located a single door carved into the base of the tower. A half rotted door hung uselessly on rusted hinges. Cautiously Jeana pushed the rotted door to the side and stepped into the interior. The tower was hollow, the remains of a wooden stair case that once wrapped around the inside lay in ruins by the walls. The center of the tower was surprisingly clear and dry. A quick investigation revealed nothing else in the room.

Retrieving the rest of the group Jeana guided everyone inside where they collapsed gratefully. Pushing what was left of the door closed she turned and set about making a fire to chase away the cold and dry off. The wood from the stairs, though a little damp, caught easily under her expert efforts.

The flickering light of the flames illuminated the inside of the tower. Though beyond cobwebs and the moldering remains of the stairs there wasn't much else to see. However, against one wall there was a patch of darkness that refused to be banished by the light of the flames. The longer you stare at it the more unnatural it seems.

Suddenly the silver eyes of the stranger from the lizard camp are staring back at you from the darkness. Their bright silver eyes seeming to stare through you as the darkness around them coalesced into a hooded head. Reaching up with gloved hands the stranger pulled back their hood and revealed a head of jet black hair and the sharp, elven features of their face.

Spreading this arms and fingers wide the figure spoke.

"Fear not, for I am not here to hurt you, but to seek your help."
Old 06-14-2015, 12:29 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
EODLunchbox
"Personally, I don't mind helping you out. However, there are so many questions you need to answer first. Questions like, where are we, why are we here, how did we get here, who are you and finally, how can we help you?"
Old 06-15-2015, 02:39 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
EmptyFoxhole
Baffizz looked at the stranger and immediately looked away to avoid meeting the stranger's gaze.
"[Imperceptible mumbling]"
Baffizz starts nervously fiddling with his clothing, pebbles on the floor, and anything else had can find to touch.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:15 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Unikrom
here are we, why are we here, how did we get here, who are you and finally, how can we help you

The stranger eyed each of you in turn. After a moment he nodded to himself and sat on the floor cross legged. From the folds of his cloak he produced a water skin from which he took a sip before throwing it to the nearest party member.

"My name is Krill and this swamp has been my home for as long as I can remember. You are in the Mire. A stretch of swamp on Dark Swamp Isle. Right now we are in the far Eastern reaches of the Nightshriek Clan's territory. A Clan of fowl Black Dragons who's lord is Bitterbreath. To the North lies the sea, to the West and East more swamp, and far to the South beyond the Mire lies the broken foothills of the Copper Dragons.

As for how you got here I do not know. The lizards that were your captors seemed to have had a purpose for you though. The collars you had been wearing were dark magic. When I came upon your little group you were all as zombies. Shambling a long obediently with the empty stares of the grave.
I followed your group until the lizards made camp."

Reaching once again into the folds of his leather tunic, Krill pulled out a small figurine. He began to rub it absently as he continued.

"As for how you can help that stands to be seen. There is an ancient ruin to the West that would be best left undisturbed. It has lain moldering away in these fetid waters since long before I can remember. Dark things happened there and a dark palor lies across the whole area around it.

Unfortunately, it seems our lizard friends may have been heading in that direction. I had managed to get close enough to the ruins to do only a little scouting. From what I saw there are more lizards there with slaves excavating something in the center of the ruins.

I don't know what they are looking for but whatever it is can't be good."

Krill placed the figure back in his tunic and rose slowly to his feet.

"What I ask of you I do not expect to receive. There are a great number of lizards around the ruin and it will be extremely dangerous. However, I can't allow them to continue their work. God's only know what dark thing they are searching for and I have a feeling it would be best left in the earth. Whatever it may be.

Will you help stop them?"
Old 06-22-2015, 08:50 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
EmptyFoxhole
Baffizz's eyes darted to the small figure in Krill's hands. When Krill returned it to his tunic, Baffizz spoke.

"I like your trinket. I... I lost mine. I lost... everything.

I don't like this place. If we help you, can we go home?"
Old 06-25-2015, 02:50 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
EODLunchbox
"You asked if we would help stop them. Are there more than just us? It seems as though there are a lot of lizards and we are few. I have also noticed that we aren't ready for battle at all. Is there a place were we could prepare for such a battle?
Old 06-26-2015, 04:17 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Unikrom
Krill contemplated Baffizz a moment before speaking.

"No small one, I am not your jailor. You may go home now if you so wish. What I ask is a boon, not a command."

Krill's gaze shifted to Alduar as he finished speaking.

"As for your concerns, wolves son, I cannot say. There are many in that dark place. Sometimes they are few and other times many. I cannot abide the darkness emanating from there long. It affects me in a ways I still don't understand"

The elf's gaze slipped from Alduar then. Turning to a dark corner of the room. Looking into the darkness Krill continued.

"But you are right. You are not ready to face this darkness. To the East is a small settlement you may be able to recover and prepare at. I know not the name of it because I dare not approach it. The Nightshriek clan holds sway there. But you may still be able to prepare for whatever path you choose to follow."

Krill fell silent, his gaze still locked on the black smear of darkness in the corner of the ruined tower. Slowly he reached up and pulled his hood over his head until the only feature visible in it's dark depths were his shining silver eyes like pools of mercury.

"If you decide to help me return to this tower when you are ready. I will know of your journey and will come to guide you to the ruins. Fare well and fare winds small ones."

And with that his form became less defined. Slowly he melted into the shadows until only his eyes still shone like disembodied orbs before those to blinked out of existance.

With the
Old 07-04-2015, 05:47 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
EODLunchbox
Out of character, but with the...what?
Old 07-06-2015, 10:54 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
EmptyFoxhole
OOCAgreed. What happened?
Old 07-08-2015, 10:36 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Unikrom
OODMLol with the was probably an error. Sorry about that.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:15 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
EODLunchbox
Ok then. Lets go to the east and see what this settlement has to offer. We will need to become much better prepared and powerful in order to overcome this darkness that Krill has told us about.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:10 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
EmptyFoxhole
Yes. We have but little and it seems like we require some more equipment if we wish to stand against these lizards.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:59 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
EmptyFoxhole
I guess we're not doing this anymore?
Old 08-11-2015, 05:53 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics