DnD5e Taskforce Ragnarok: 24 Hours of Dark - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Aug 6th, 2019, 07:08 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 408
Evandis Evandis Evandis Evandis Evandis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontageManiac View Post
@Evandis: Gotcha! Well Soren is going to be more inclined to offer worship to whichever is the "good" sister, but still adheres to the Raven Queen's philosophy of balance between the two, especially when giving respects for funeral rites. Would you like me to... clarify that in the app somehow?
Old Aug 8th, 2019, 04:43 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 170
OsirisRising OsirisRising
My application with Sheandra is done
Old Aug 8th, 2019, 07:45 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 359
Aria Aria Aria Aria
Name: Mr. Mask
Race: Elf
Class: Sorcerer (Storm Sorcery, or Wild Magic if it's not allowed)
Alignment: Generally Good
Deity: None

Appearance: No one living knows Mr. Mask's true appearance, but from the outside he is a short and fat elf (by elvish standards, anyway). His defining feature, for which he is named, is his mask: a colorful representation of an elvish man, contorted into an unnatural smile. Otherwise, he wears a fully black leather outfit that covers every inch of his skin, including a set of black leather gloves, that is covered by a light gray cloak.

Hometown: New Haven

Background: Folk Hero

Personality Traits (2):
  • Where possible, I believe in showing kindness to and giving assistance to others.
  • Everyone has the right to their privacy. As long as the secrets of others don't seem to be hurting anyone, I prefer to leave them alone.
Ideal (1): People, both the citizens of New Haven and now the Mage's Guild rely on me. I must be worthy of their trust.
Bond (1): I don't have much tethering me to any particular individual, but New Haven has been good to me, so I will care for it in return.
Flaw (1): My secrecy is obvious. Many people want to uncover my secret. I will prevent them from succeeding, at any cost.

How you were recruited for Taskforce Ragnarok: When the emissaries from the Mage's Guild arrived in New Haven, they were soon greeted with stories of a strange man who always wore a mask who could solve any problem, for the right price. At first, they wrote it off as a myth, until they heard the same stories from the city's local magistrates.

While the recruiters were skeptical of allowing such an eminently suspicious individual on such an important mission, they were won over by the sheer mass of stories. “Mr. Mask saved my marriage!” exclaimed one citizen. “He avenged the murder of my brother!” declared another.

And so on and so forth, until they had no choice but to seek him out for themselves. Finding Mr. Mask, for all his secrecy, was a fairly easy endeavor. All they had to do was follow the instructions provided on the flyers he posted in the town square. True to his reputation, for the right price, Mr. Mask was willing to fix their problem for him.

Character background: No one in New Haven really knows when Mr. Mask arrived.The soft-spoken, secretive elf just started appearing in connection with a series of bizarre activities. It was just a few petty crimes at first, too much of a bother for the local guard to look into. Soon enough though, he became something of a living urban legend in the town. His escapades went from the merely criminal to the dramatic – inciting romances, calming old blood feuds, and the like. It came to be known that if you wanted something in your life fixed and were willing to pay for it, you came to Mr. Mask.

Fairly soon, a large percentage of New Haven's population had benefited either directly or indirectly from his services. With that sort of reputation, it's no surprise that his name came up pretty high on the list of candidates offered to the Mage's Guild when they came asking for people to assist them.

Last edited by Aria; Aug 8th, 2019 at 07:46 PM.
Old Aug 8th, 2019, 08:35 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10543
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
Awesome looking game. Would love to lurk and watch it grow since missed thedeadline!
Old Aug 9th, 2019, 08:16 AM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks everyone for applying. I will be reviewing any applications not yet reviewed and added to the main post and selecting players sometime after work tonight. Expect a PM by Sunday morning. I will then update this post once everyone has accepted.

In the chance your character is not chosen I want you to know all your applications were great. This has the chance of becoming a meat grinder so I want to make sure we have the most balanced party relevant to the setting in place. I plan to run more Fryst world building games and would love to add the cities and people everyone created with your permission.

Thanks to everyone for applying again.
Old Aug 9th, 2019, 12:51 PM
Simple Storysmith
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14173
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Good luck to everyone, and best of luck with the campaign to all those moving forward!
Old Aug 9th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1736
Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager
No problem with using my ideas whether I'm chosen or not!
Old Aug 9th, 2019, 09:44 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks again to everyone who applied. For most of the evening I was stuck, had 7 applications I could not choose between for a game where I wanted 4 players, would consider 5. I narrowed it down to 6 and after talking with my wife to get her input on at least 1 more to narrow down I decided that I was just going to take 6 applications. All of the invited have accepted the invitation and those of you interested can follow along here: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18101

Again, all applications were great and at one point I considered running another adventure I had in mind to accept more people, but it is so early in the brainstorming stage that I did not feel I could provide something compelling enough. Hopefully I get to run something for those other characters in the near future as they all have some really interesting premises.

If anyone needs to drop out, I will extend offers to join to those who have already applied before opening new applications up.
Old Aug 9th, 2019, 09:52 PM
Frog of the Hybrid Geeks

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24772
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Good gaming for the six.
Feel free to use whatever in your world moving forward.
Old Aug 9th, 2019, 11:18 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 405
TwoOld TwoOld TwoOld TwoOld TwoOld
Congrats to the Frysters
Old Aug 10th, 2019, 03:43 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 170
OsirisRising OsirisRising
Evandis, go ahead using the settlements from my app. And happy gaming, taskforce members