twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Mar 4th, 2017, 02:41 PM
Simple Storysmith
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14182
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Saobrahn Bazaar

Welcome to my first original campaign world. Feel free to discuss and explore and ask questions here.
Old Mar 5th, 2017, 03:44 AM
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2005
Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky
Can I see the information on Orcs? You said they are different somehow? I would super love to see that.
Old Mar 5th, 2017, 06:21 PM
Simple Storysmith
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
I'm still working on the stats for orcs, BUT, you can read up what I've got in the Info folder on races. I've got more that I'm thinking of that I haven't written down there, but that's the base. I can discuss in more detail what I'm thinking if you want to check that route out.
Old Mar 7th, 2017, 07:31 PM
Creature of the Deep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12493
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
As requested, I'm pretty down for this one as well.
Old Mar 9th, 2017, 01:31 AM
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Tools
User Statistics
Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky Ganguropocky
I am super down for this. Wanting to play a sorcerer of Dragon ancestory.

I will probably post something about her in the application thread to be updated over time.

For the sake of keeping her background believable... what level are you planning to start from? (Sorry if you have posted this info already...) Also, are we rolling for stats like we did for Scales?
Old Mar 9th, 2017, 01:54 AM
Simple Storysmith
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
I was thinking of starting at 1st level if folks are ok with it. Yes you'll be rolling for stats like we did for Scales (I think, gotta review it, seemed to turn out alright).
Old Mar 9th, 2017, 02:00 AM
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Tools
User Statistics
Booooooo for first level! xD

Actually, not a big deal. I have faith that the campaign will last long enough to see us level. I just feel like a lot of classes don't shift into gear until around level 3.

That being said... I haven't played a full on spell caster in this edition yet. Maybe starting slow is a good idea? xD
Old Mar 9th, 2017, 02:18 AM
Simple Storysmith
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
I like the bonding that happens in the first 1-3 levels for the group. You guys get a feel of how to work together strategically. I know it seems like a drag, but I think we'll have the ball rolling pretty quickly. My goal is to have fights be quick but intense. We'll see how that goes.
Old Mar 9th, 2017, 06:10 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3031
Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7
Interesting Stuff - The Steampunk element has got my character creation brain going nicely - Still got a slot open for me?

Class-wise I've have a sort of stable of core concepts sketched out I can draw on and adjust to match the world...Do you have any class niche's that need filling?
Old Mar 9th, 2017, 06:15 AM
Creature of the Deep

Tools
User Statistics
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
Montage, I've got a pretty interesting/effective pbp battle system tweak from a game that died at the beginning of the year. I'll try to dig it up and send it over to you at some point.
Old Mar 9th, 2017, 11:27 AM
A Cynical Instrumentalist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2873
KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion
Hah, this has totally slipped my mind with the stupidly busy month I'm having. Posting here to remind myself to read all of this in my spare time

What's everyone thinking of playing? I've got a thief or monk brewing about in my head

Last edited by KKristophDavion; Mar 9th, 2017 at 12:27 PM.
Old Mar 9th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Simple Storysmith
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
@Hillsy: no problem at all. Anything is good. There's a lot of spellcasters around, so something martial might be cool. I'm trying to figure out if I am going to do 1 or 2 groups, so feel free to read and ask questions.

@KKD: glad you could join us. Feel free to ask any questions.

@Nasrith: yeah send it to me whenever you can, I'd love to read it.
Old Mar 9th, 2017, 07:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3031
Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7 Hillsy7
@MontageM OK - I can steer my efforts in that direction. Also I guess another question on tone and tech level. Obviously, you've mentioned about there being some steam power and gunpowder - how far into steampunk and flavouring does that lean? For instance, could Find Familiar create a small, spider-like steam powered automaton? Or is that a little too much to the light-hearted, more than the more serious realism? Would you accept reflavouring bows into primitive guns?

And also - possibly most importantly - are there airships?!?!
Old Mar 9th, 2017, 07:12 PM
Creature of the Deep

Tools
User Statistics
Heh, Montage starts out thinking: "Man, I hope I have enough people without having to go to open recruitment."

Ends thinking "Okay, so do I have to run 1 or 2 groups?"

As long as this doesn't kill Scales of War, I'm happy.
Old Mar 9th, 2017, 07:46 PM
A Cynical Instrumentalist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2873
KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion
Okay if we have airships someone has to be an air pirate.

And @MM, do you want us to start putting up ideas for characters in the requisite thread?

Last edited by KKristophDavion; Mar 9th, 2017 at 07:48 PM.